Marvel Writer Convinces Kellogg's to Change Racially Insensitive Cereal Box Artwork

smz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Kellogg's has confirmed that it will be replacing art on boxes of Corn Pops cereal following complaints of racial insensitivity from the writer of one of Marvel Entertainment's most critically acclaimed current comic books.

You can't make this shit up. Seriously, how does this get past their marketing team????

HIPAA-BIZ

Support BGOL
Registered
So the only brown Corn Pop is the janitor, huh? How does it get past marketing? Easy; Marketing feels the same way as the artist so they didn't see a problem. That, or they're incompetent.
Subversive image brainwashing is everywhere. Kids being taught their place in life without them (or their parents) realizing it.
Thank you Mr. Saladin Ahmed (writer of Marvel's Black Bolt comic) for exposing this continued attack on people of color.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
WTF! these mufus getting blatant as hell since Trump got up in there :hmm: :smh:

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member

Kellogg's has confirmed that it will be replacing art on boxes of Corn Pops cereal following complaints of racial insensitivity from the writer of one of Marvel Entertainment's most critically acclaimed current comic books.

You can't make this shit up. Seriously, how does this get past their marketing team????

I thought you were exaggerating until I watched the clip.

Holy shit.

In everyway possible.

These crackers are nonstop.

In every facet of our cultural lifestyles there is their influence.

Even down to the color of a fucking piece of cereal.

I showed this to a cat I work with. First thing he said was what's the problem. I said nevermind. Keep it moving my nigga.

:smh:

Don't forget the black dude in Star Wars worked in sanitation.

I would agree with this HOWEVER the script wasn't written for a black guy, that was the character. He got the role written for a white guy. That's why it was such a big deal. Same thing with Seven. And The Matrix.

oNE

Reactions: smz

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor

Easy who do you think makes up the marketing team?

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would agree with this HOWEVER the script wasn't written for a black guy, that was the character. He got the role written for a white guy. That's why it was such a big deal. Same thing with Seven. And The Matrix.

oNE

It's still insensitivity. If they change a characters race they can change his job. Saying Supply or Shipping and Receiving would not have hurt the story.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
It wasn't on purpose....every one in N.Y.C. knows that janitors are Puerto Rican & Mexican ........

....don't judge me.:dunno:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Well gawd damn... Context of Racism/ White Cereal supremacy.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
WTF! these mufus getting blatant as hell since Trump got up in there :hmm: :smh:
They're not
people just got their head out of the sand and paying attention to the shit that's been going on since before he was even in there.
The culture had to be such to allow him to win. He didn't create it he benefited from it