Shipping Car Across the US

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey BGOL Fam,

I'm in the process of moving, and I'm looking to ship my car across the country.

Does anyone know of a good shipping company to ship a car from Atlanta to San Francisco?

What are the usual rates for this?

What are some things I should look out for when picking a company to use?

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's not complicated at all. I shipped my car from an Arizona dealer to Atlanta for $800.00. You just have to call a shipping company (broker) and set it up. Make sure it's door to door and that they provide you with a copy of the shipper's insurance policy. You pay the shipping broker hos fee of about $150 by credit card and you pay the balance in cash to the driver when he delivers your car.
If you're too scared to use just anybody, call Fedex auto transport.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I used CFR AutoDirect to ship my car from The Bronx to Los Angeles for $900. No problems at all. Another co-worker used them. No problems. They picked my car up on Wednesday and I got it a week and a half later on a Saturday.

Last edited:

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sub.. i might need this, how does the shipping usually takes? Say I ship my car from florida to georgia for the weekend. can yet it same day, or next day?

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
sub.. i might need this, how does the shipping usually takes? Say I ship my car from florida to georgia for the weekend. can yet it same day, or next day?
It'll take at least five days from pick up to drop off. My driver did Phoenix to Atlanta in 48 hours and he pleaded with me to not tell anybody. I think he's not allowed to drive that many miles in two days. 1900 miles.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
when i moved to north carolina and georgia i used national dispatch, 600 to nc 870 to georgia. i use them after that whenever i needed to fly back but needed the car or truck where i was going.

djbreeze

Rising Star
Registered
Hey BGOL Fam,

I'm in the process of moving, and I'm looking to ship my car across the country.

Does anyone know of a good shipping company to ship a car from Atlanta to San Francisco?

What are the usual rates for this?

What are some things I should look out for when picking a company to use?
Check out Reliable Transport,1st class outfit