Joss Whedon to Direct a Standalone Batgirl Movie

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Batgirl is coming to DC’s cinematic universe, and she’s got one hell of a name directing her: Joss Whedon himself.

Confirmed by Variety today, Whedon is closing in on a deal to write, direct, and produce Barbara Gordon’s entry into DC’s cinematic universe. There’s no other information on the movie at all—other than the fact that other Gotham-based characters could appear alongside Barbara—but Variety describes the project as Warner Bros’ “second” female-led DC superhero movie after Wonder Woman, which might seemingly indicate that this movie is coming sooner than David Ayer’s planned Gotham City Sirens spinoff from Suicide Squad. Variety also notes, however, that plans are still in the very earliest stages—apparently the project has only begun moving forward at Warner Bros. within the last month.

_________
I would have loved to see what his interpretation of Wonder Woman would have looked like
louhc3r0tctq7oe8xvjf.jpg

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
wow...

the mouse f*cked up.

Cause now they can have Joss "polish" Wonder Woman and other projects laying around.

Marvel REALLY could have used Joss on not only the Black Widow but the new Captain Marvel because that is shaping up to be a VERY critical piece of the next phase of the MCU.

This is getting VERY interesting.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Batgirl is coming to DC’s cinematic universe, and she’s got one hell of a name directing her: Joss Whedon himself.

Confirmed by Variety today, Whedon is closing in on a deal to write, direct, and produce Barbara Gordon’s entry into DC’s cinematic universe. There’s no other information on the movie at all—other than the fact that other Gotham-based characters could appear alongside Barbara—but Variety describes the project as Warner Bros’ “second” female-led DC superhero movie after Wonder Woman, which might seemingly indicate that this movie is coming sooner than David Ayer’s planned Gotham City Sirens spinoff from Suicide Squad. Variety also notes, however, that plans are still in the very earliest stages—apparently the project has only begun moving forward at Warner Bros. within the last month.

_________
I would have loved to see what his interpretation of Wonder Woman would have looked like
louhc3r0tctq7oe8xvjf.jpg

wonder woman was his dream

hell that movie would have been HIS signature film.

His Pulp Fiction Annie Hall Apocalypse Now Aliens Malcolm X Godfather 2

seriously.

They NEED to have him direct Wonder Woman 2.

Cause if WB lets him help Marvel with Captain Marvel and/or a solo Black Widow movie directed by the Russos and WRITTEN by Joss Whedon?

:itsawrap:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
wow...

the mouse f*cked up.

Cause now they can have Joss "polish" Wonder Woman and other projects laying around.

Marvel REALLY could have used Joss on not only the Black Widow but the new Captain Marvel because that is shaping up to be a VERY critical piece of the next phase of the MCU.

They're already said a woman is going to direct Captain Marvel,but I don't think it's a big deal,since he wrote comics for Marvel and DC :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They're already said a woman is going to direct Captain Marvel,but I don't think it's a big deal,since he wrote comics for Marvel and DC :dunno:

I know...and she seems like a good call.

But Joss Whedon is tailor made for that.

Joss writes for whoever he wants...but I as this competition is getting SERIOUS, I doubt they gonna be willing to share.

Even though I think all these free agents are actually good for the industry.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
All In... but I guaran... dAMN.. tee you that he is going to end up leaving the project.

Joss had issues with Disney over the Avengers.... Can you imagine this Relationship...

Ain't no Way.. Plus there is no way DC is going to Want a Batgirl film to Upstage the more established properties, but we all know that Joss could write about a dude walking into McDonalds and that shit would be 5 times better then these DC films.

The WB exces fingers are going to be in this bitch like..

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
All In... but I guaran... dAMN.. tee you that he is going to end up leaving the project.

Joss had issues Disney over how the Avengers.... Can you imagine this Relationship...

Ain't no Way.. Plus there is no way DC is going to Want a Batgirl film to Upstage the more established properties, but we all know that Joss could write about a dude walking into McDonalds and that shit would be 5 times better then these DC films.

giphy.gif
the Avengers production was a shit show - they were a hair breadth away from sub Iron Man 3 fuckery

Fuck Feige and Loeb - Joss Whedon saved them from themselves

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Joss had issues Disney over how the Avengers.... Can you imagine this Relationship...

giphy.gif

tTWBf0t.gif

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
wow...

the mouse f*cked up.

Sorry can not trust the WB asshat's to let him work.

Joss had issues with Disney over the Avengers.... Can you imagine this Relationship...

giphy.gif

74291e7fc777555a8077fb03f5f54c31_hes-right-you-know-10458648-meme-hes-right-you-know_800-598.jpeg

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
bat girl?
they need get the foundation right before announcing all these bench characters. a female villian movie, batgirl, nigthwing ,deadshot etc. just get the core films right and keep the other projects under wraps until fuckas love the films. they don't say nothing about a date, this could be a 2020-21 film. who knows.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
no article for the first one- its written all over that movie if you really LOOK at it

Oh I remember all that SLICK talk Joss was making in interviews...it was NOT a pleasant experience

but I think it was more about the collective PRESSURE on all involved.

and to be fair

It seems they ALL learned and got MUCH better from it

cause it was SOON after that that Feige got the lead slot AND created that collaborative system were he had different directors and writers help out ALL Maervel properties like on Daredevil Jessica Jones Like Cage Winter Solider Civil War GoG and Black Panther...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Oh I remember all that SLICK talk Joss was making in interviews...it was NOT a pleasant experience

but I think it was more about the collective PRESSURE on all involved.

and to be fair

It seems they ALL learned and got MUCH better from it

cause it was SOON after that that Feige got the lead slot AND created that collaborative system were he had different directors and writers help out ALL Maervel properties like on Daredevil Jessica Jones Like Cage Winter Solider Civil War GoG and Black Panther...

the pacing
really look at any vfx not around the Hulk
all the crowd scenes in "New York"

Joss Whedon's screenplay rewrites, stellar actors, and the Hulk saved that movie

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
the pacing
really look at any vfx not around the Hulk
all the crowd scenes in "New York"

Joss Whedon's screenplay rewrites, stellar actors, and the Hulk saved that movie

damn right

so why in the f*ck can't WB/DC catch that kind of break?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Thor 1 and 2 Iron Man 3, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones (sorta) - all show that quality control is not in the Marvel culture - yet

But see I would argue

for all its faults?

Jessica Jones essentially BEAT DC to the first BIG female superhero.

The critical acclaim for JJ was MASSIVE

and in ALL the right markets...the NON-SUPERHERO markets

THAT is the next phase

Marvel has been trying to expand the comic book movie field for YEARS now...

and has been MASSIVELY successful.

Jessica Jones...gay lesbian female empowerment
Luke Cage... Black lives matter hip hop
Daredevil...critical acclaim making a B-level character a lead (again) redefining Netflix and entire superhero TV genre
Iron Fist...all that controversy for all the attacks and complaints? The NUMBERS are GREAT! But a chink (no pun intended) in the armor still
Agents of SHIELD...NOW? a critical darling consistent ratings great social media presence and STILL viable use to promote big screen films.
Iron Man 3 weakest one...highest grossing
Thor 1 and 2 ...for ALL its faults got better and just off Loki and the future Hulk team up and Valkyrie? Worth it I got a REAL good feeling about Thor 3.

SO I would say they playing successes very well and LEARN from all "failures"

So I would argue the quality is THERE not perfect far from it

but the CULTURE is so positive and accepting of adaptation and criticism I think they still "win."

Last edited:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

giphy.gif

You just know they going to have Joss figure out some kind of way to shoehorn Affleck in..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
sidebar...

after Deadpool and Spider-man and Legion and Logan?

Sony and Fox execs REALLY need to shut the f*ck up

and RECOGNIZE

and kiss the Mickey Mouse decoder ring

cause working WITH the Mouse?

Seems to be the elixir that cures ALL ills.

Just give up that Fantastic Four Silver Surfer Galactus X-Men stuff....

let us be happy

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on this Board that appreciated the awesomeness of Jessica Jones.

01vLNxB.gif

I do NOT understand the hate.

i liked it

thought it was an interesting unique different take of the super hero theme
and very necessary to expand not only the audience but the genre as a whole.

Yeah it was a little too long (so was Luke Cage) but I thought it was telling a VERY good story great performances excellent villian and some damn near classic iconic scenes involving not only Purple Man but Luke Cage.

and the actress playing Jessica Jones was perfectly cast.

again it was NOT for everybody.

But that is precisely why I liked it.

People HATED Legion for being confusing and Luke Cage was too Black and messy trying to be TOO MUCH and Daredevil 2nd season people hated the repetition. It is IMPOSSIBLE for UNIVERSAL acclaim and its NOT necessary.

I still haven't finished Iron fist so I can't talk on that

but all the others?

Daredevil gave us Ben Urich, Foggy, Kingpin and Punisher, we got Purple Man the female lawyer, we got Cottonmouth Black Mariah.

Again Jessica Jones introduced Luke Cage (and a wild sex scene pretty much the 1st of its kind, a great Jessica Jones, iconic Purple Man performance, killer moments of torture...what the hell more they want?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I do NOT understand the hate.

i liked it

thought it was an interesting unique different take of the super hero theme
and very necessary to expand not only the audience but the genre as a whole.

Yeah it was a little too long (so was Luke Cage) but I thought it was telling a VERY good story great performances excellent villian and some damn near classic iconic scenes involving not only Purple Man but Luke Cage.

and the actress playing Jessica Jones was perfectly cast.

again it was NOT for everybody.

But that is precisely why I liked it.

People HATED Legion for being confusing and Luke Cage was too Black and messy trying to be TOO MUCH and Daredevil 2nd season people hated the repetition. It is IMPOSSIBLE for UNIVERSAL acclaim and its NOT necessary.

I still haven't finished Iron fist so I can't talk on that

but all the others?

Daredevil gave us Ben Urich, Foggy, Kingpin and Punisher, we got Purple Man the female lawyer, we got Cottonmouth Black Mariah.

Again Jessica Jones introduced Luke Cage (and a wild sex scene pretty much the 1st of its kind, a great Jessica Jones, iconic Purple Man performance, killer moments of torture...what the hell more they want?

Exactly.. I liked that we got a chance to watch a different interpretation of a Superhero. She was basically broken and suffering through PSTD..... She hated being a hero and I loved it.

Plus Purple Man.. Is still one of the best TV Villains that I've ever seen.. Terrifying to the point that I would have loved to see him on the big screen. That scene where she thought she beat him and went to the Police station only to find out that everyone there was under his control... Was a great scene.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on this Board that appreciated the awesomeness of Jessica Jones.

01vLNxB.gif
it was different and it wasn't bad but it had the problem ALL the marvel netflix do with padding or stretching for more time
and as much as I like Purple Man -
thematically IMO it was a bit much that this new conflicted female superhero is first a victim and the very first real villain she had to defeat was her hyper powered rapist