Official NBA 2016-2017 Thread - 30 teams, 1 goal. 2 weeks left, so much can happen!!

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
The problem playing this Warriors team will be the runs. The Warriors can take a tie game and balloon it to double digits within a little over a min.

The Warriors can also hero ball their way back into a game if they are struggling.
Thing is, they have FOUR Dudes that can do work! You are going to be hard pressed to find a game were 2 of them are off together. Guarding them is going to be next to impossible... :smh:

Reactions: BDR

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I have him on ignore too. Cant deal with the RainMan ramblings! I just know who yall are referring to based on your comments! Thing is, the rambling idiot REALLY believes anyone takes him seriously.... I actually shit on him so bad a few months back I felt bad and apologized to him. Felt like I was bullying the kid at school with tape on his glasses!:lol:
Please your are a known troll who likes to get under people skin, thats why nobody likes you..
Check the record, I never made a LeBron James thread, yet you seem to make five every single month...:smh:
Then you will make Kobe threads and a few Jordan joints...
Personally I don't mind, I am more of a fact checker, or that guy who check people on their facts... Other than that your opinion is yours, and should not be that serious...

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
That game last night is the most easiest shots I've seen KD take and dude wasn't even lookin for his shot.. Mofo wide open behind the 3 and it's one shot curry passed to KD on a quick flip behind the back and KD pulled from damn near the corner of near the half court line and drained that shit :smh:

Fuckin bullshit

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Thing is, they have FOUR Dudes that can do work! You are going to be hard pressed to find a game were 2 of them are off together. Guarding them is going to be next to impossible... :smh:
No one ever said they cannot score, matter of fact, the so called things that you ADHD motherfuckers call rambling. is me actually me saying that in spite of Durant's number I don't find their offense that much better than last years, if you had any sense you would not take it as a personal diss, especially knowing that the Warriors had one of the best offensive teams ever in the history of the game..
But nope, you don't read shit, you just fill in what you want to hear with your ADHD!!!
My thing is they did not lose last year from their inability to score, they lost it due to their not being able to protect the paint and rebound... Now having Durant on that team should be a luxury, but its my opinion that they would have been better served addressing the areas where they were most weakest at..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
That game last night is the most easiest shots I've seen KD take and dude wasn't even lookin for his shot.. Mofo wide open behind the 3 and it's one shot curry passed to KD on a quick flip behind the back and KD pulled from damn near the corner of near the half court line and drained that shit :smh:

Fuckin bullshit
Inspit of all of that the team scored only 107 while last year I think they averaged close to 116 ppg..
Not saying they suck, or they cannot score, I still think they are the best scoring team in the history of the NBA, but I think if they don't sure up that paint and rebound they may still be vulnerable vs the right team..
This does not mean the other team will beat them, its just means they have a weak spot and like every other team are not invincible..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
And to play fair, proving I ain't like some of these fans who cannot say bad things about the team they like, I am going to list to you guys the weaknesses of the CAvs...
1- They are a system base team espeically when it comes to defense, this means that if you can break them down off the dribble and isolate certain defenders such as Love and sometimes Irving you can exploit them.. Also ball movement is key especially when they are rotating, and trapping..

2- James can be inconstant with his jumper, in moments like this you can fall back a little to help in the lane.. Also being that he is the best passer on the team I would match up James with a smaller quicker guy, forcing him to post up in the paint, leaving a less than stellar passer to be forced to try to feed the ball into him.. This isn't something I would do all the time, but if you do it just enough it can throw them off..

3-I would bait Love into shooting the three, don't get me wrong he can make that shot, but his release is very slow and if you have a good close out defender it could effect his shot..

4- In order to play the Warriors close the Irving must play lights out, right now I don't see this consistency in him, day in day out.. I would not double up on him (would trap him when he drives to the paint) but I would play him one on one aggressively forcing him to beat me by working hard..

These are my areas of weakness I see on the Cavs..

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No one ever said they cannot score, matter of fact, the so called things that you ADHD motherfuckers call rambling. is me actually me saying that in spite of Durant's number I don't find their offense that much better than last years, if you had any sense you would not take it as a personal diss, especially knowing that the Warriors had one of the best offensive teams ever in the history of the game..
But nope, you don't read shit, you just fill in what you want to hear with your ADHD!!!
My thing is they did not lose last year from their inability to score, they lost it due to their not being able to protect the paint and rebound... Now having Durant on that team should be a luxury, but its my opinion that they would have been better served addressing the areas where they were most weakest at..
The Warriors offense is not much better than last year with adding KD? Then you bold that comment.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
He bolded THAT comment? Clown is in full fledged troll mode at this point! As far into trolldom as he obviously is Im gonna definitely have to take him off ignore and create that 'Dumb shit RoadRage says' official self-Ock thread for real! Judging how full retard hes gone and its only the preseason I think that will be a hall of fame thread come June! Im definitely gonna set that shit up! Gonna be some classics chief! Dude is pure idiot and that shit is hilarious!:lol:
How about this, you show me one troll thread or post I created and I will show you the crying sad letter you wrote to me apologizing to me for being an ass..
e6e22282ba6e6ad7f29da680f60ceb0a.png

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Nigga typed that shit with snot running down his mouth!! Like a nigga in jail who needs a warm blanket...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Fuckin bullshit

Yup that's why dude went there he wanted it easy.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Remember the last time I got a so called OCK thread, way back in 2014 the last time I was wrong, which followed three years prior when I got all of it right...
So that makes it one time wrong since 2011, so I get it now why in your mind its a big thing for me to be wrong about something..
Yet nobody makes a ock thread when losers like you are wrong because yall are wrong every single day..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Watch him not post any troll threads or post that I created, and instead come here with some more lame corny shit to change the subject...

mrJR

Rising Star
Registered
Guess folks who say that mean as a whole, not the five starters.

Which is stupid because the only real scoring they lost was Mo Speights who averaged 7 points a game off the bench which KD will more than make up for. As a whole they will be even better/much more efficient.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Go ahead and post it bro! The difference between me and you is I don't care about that stuff. I've actually created threads apologizing to grown men when I feel like I was out of pocket. I'm a grown man chief, so after you post that sympathy message I sent you because I felt like I was bullying and intellectual idiot. You might as well go ahead and post that message, because when I get time I will be starting that official road rage says the most dumb ass shit and watch it blow up in his face thread and I guarantee you it will be a hall of fame Ock thread! Handle your business Nigga, lets do this!:popcorn;
Of couse you don't care you battered victim with no balls... Cant be a fag twice !!! Still waiting for my Troll threads you lied about faggot!!!

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Nigga wanted my attention now I gonna shine a red light on his ass and watch him squirm..:hellyea:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Try your luck on this one Bruh! I guarantee you THIS thread will be historic with the stupid shit you type! Bitch ass will need to go on one of your legendary 24 straight hours with no sleep nervous breakdown threads like you did over LeBron you unstable ass Nigga! Get the No Dose ready Nigga!:lol:
Fuck out of here with your promises you faggot, all your predictions be wrong!!! If you got 20 bucks every time your guarantees you posted that was correct, you still would wont have enough money to get that hand job you been saving three months for...

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Show me my Troll threads, pussy!!! Beause you are really sounding like Trump with that reckless bullshit lies that you cannot back up!!

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Which is stupid because the only real scoring they lost was Mo Speights who averaged 7 points a game off the bench which KD will more than make up for. As a whole they will be even better/much more efficient.

Man it's kinda scary with them having ZaZa. Many folks might be overlooking that addition but I'm not. Will he do something we don't know. But let's just say he's playing at the level while in Dallas, when he play.
That's a lineup of

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Pachulia

That shit gonna be lethal just like when the Cavs have

Irving
Smith
James
Love
Fyre

(I'm not comparing those to, just stating when you have ability to place that type of bullshit on the court it's tough to defend)

The Hawks actually do good with this also.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Man it's kinda scary with them having ZaZa. Many folks might be overlooking that addition but I'm not. Will he do something we don't know. But let's just say he's playing at the level while in Dallas, when he play.
That's a lineup of

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Pachulia

That shit gonna be lethal just like when the Cavs have

Irving
Smith
James
Love
Fyre

(I'm not comparing those to, just stating when you have ability to place that type of bullshit on the court it's tough to defend)
There is no doubt that the Warriors have the superior lineup but the Cavs have a better bench that allows them to rotate more players at the Warriors key players.. What does this mean in terms of who wins?? No one can say, but one thing that should be certain is that the games should be just as great as those old Magic/ Bird finals, were each team won for different reasons...

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Fool the whole board clowned the FUCK out of you when you went on that 24 hour nervous breakdown rant about LeBron!! Who the fuck said you created a thread!?!?! Must be that 'other' motherfucker dancing in your head...

Can't wait for the season to start, just to watch your meltdown Nigga!! :hellyea:
What are you doing here, you are not funny, your dumb as rocks, you fit the profile of a troll with no real life friends,, you never offer any in sight information, you never talkd about traveling, doubt if you get pussy or have a wife if you had to explain your existence on the board, what do you think you actually bring to the table?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
There is no doubt that the Warriors have the superior lineup but the Cavs have a better bench that allows them to rotate more players at the Warriors key players.. What does this mean in terms of who wins?? No one can say, but one thing that should be certain is that the games should be just as great as those old Magic/ Bird finals, were each team won for different reasons...

Fa sho, I wasn't comparing the two clubs, just stating to dude the Warriors have the possibility to field a stupid line. I actually think they gonna be way better as a team, if Andy stay healthy.

I might sound stupid for crazy by saying this but I don't think the Cavs fear them. Should they "no or yea"

Yea - they normally blitzed you'll, they added the biggest fish this offseason,
along with other pieces that improved the rosters. They coming back hungry, cocky, pissed off you'll beat them.

No - when fully healthy, you'll show up(normally)when facing the dubs. The roster is intact, the quality youthful addition who gonna bring energy through newcomers should help.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

My Bad Dude... Put this shit on the main board too...
Mark as UnreadStar ConversationLeave Conversation

1. IT IS WHAT IT ISWell-Known Member
    My bad Dude. I was waaaayyyy out of pocket with some of the shit I typed during our exchange. Dealing with some heavy shit that hit right around the time we started that shit, been off balance all night, and I was out of order Dude. Keep doing what you do, you do type some real shit from time to time and it should never be that serious here to get that deep and person... Don't give a fuck if I get clowned for this shit, I'm a real Dude and man enough to admit when I've been out of order Bruh.... No need to respond either, I just had to get that shit off my chest... Again, my Bad on all that shit...

Man Listen :yes:
    W6Z8SYh.png

This unstable Nigga types in a Michel'le voice!

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Now I posted your actual words, where are my so called Troll threads you lied and said I posted..
f399252b5bf7c2203817b095db4b32bf.png

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Fa sho, I wasn't comparing the two clubs, just stating to dude the Warriors have the possibility to field a stupid line. I actually think they gonna be way better as a team, if Andy stay healthy.

I might sound stupid for crazy by saying this but I don't think the Cavs fear them. Should they "no or yea"

Yea - they normally blitzed you'll, they added the biggest fish this offseason,
along with other pieces that improved the rosters. They coming back hungry, cocky, pissed off you'll beat them.

No - when fully healthy, you'll show up(normally)when facing the dubs. The roster is intact, the quality youthful addition who gonna bring energy through newcomers should help.
Sorry for the diversion, but the BGOL flea started getting on my nerve, but lets get back to real basketball..
I don't think no good team fears another, I think sometimes they try too hard and it affects their play, with shooters I always tried to be physical and punish them on the other side of the court, the worst thing you want to do is do what the the Blazers did last night and last year, that is try to out shoot them... That wont work unless you are a better shooting team and thats not happening vs the Warriors..
But on the flip side, the Warriors can make any team frustrated also, especially when you are hitting 2's and they answer back with a three... This can send teams in panic mode..
But I think what you are saying is that most of the games is going down to who executes best on the floor, and their mind set has a lot to do with this..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cavs reportedly will honor their fans with a unique championship banner

The Cleveland Cavaliers begin defense of the franchise’s first championship in a little more than a week, tipping off the season against the Knicks on Oct. 25 at Quicken Loans Arena.

Cavs players will get their title rings and the championship banner will be raised to the rafters, a moment Cleveland fans will take great pride in. But some fans will get more of a kick out of the banner than others.

According to ESPN’s Darren Rovell, the names of Cavs season-ticket holders from last season will be sewn into the banner.

The Cavs are expected to go all out to celebrate this title, which is the first professional championship the city has won in 52 years, and this nod to the fans is a class move.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...r-fans-with-unique-championship-banner-101716

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
When are the Knicks going to get new uniforms, man they had them shit for years and it looks like something the NYPD would wear..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
So... anybody that knows me knows, this year my Moms and my Brother passed, which was the genesis of this post. I won't go into posting the foul shit I said to you at the time, and yeah, I was off balance to say the shit I said. Like I said, Im a grown man Bruh, this shit doesn't bother me one bit. I've created ENTIRE threads to other members when I've gone out of pocket with the shit I've typed so, not sure WHY you think this shit would bother me!! I actually posted this SAME SHIT in the actual thread on the main board as well, just Messaged you so I would be sure your bitch ass would see it, so, again, YOU FAIL NIGGA! I ain't got shit to hide! You were getting all sensitive in that thread like your lil feelings were hurt so I felt bad for your mentally unstable ass!! :lol:

I'm putting together the intro posts for your thread so it will be forth coming, AND I GUARANTEE YOU there will be a LOT of laughs and giggles once you are exposed to the entire thread for being the idiot long winded rambling clown you are when you constantly fail!!!

See you when the seasons starts lil fella!!! Can't wait!!! :lol:

I'm gonna fucking OWN your ass this year Nigga!!! :hellyea:
Stop making more excuses, you never typed any of that shit..
All I know is your mentally unstable and very immature and I am ready to put you on ignore, so stop talking to me.. B...

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
LEBRON: "Teams get together to try to beat me"

635652242965990723-USATSI-8529702.jpg

CLEVELAND, Ohio --
LeBron James is well practiced in the art of deflecting questions about his legacy.

Each time he leapfrogs another NBA great on the scoring list, after every never-been-done-before comeback in the Finals or hoisting of the Larry O'Brien Trophy, James reflexively says he hasn't given much thought to all that he's accomplished.

When he retires, James likes to say, he's going to sit back with his longtime friend and business partner Maverick Carter, uncork a bottle of Screaming Eagle Cabernet (a bottle from 2012, the year of James' first championship, costs about $700) and reflect on what is already one of the league's greatest careers.

But there is one way in which James has impacted the league so greatly, so obviously, that even he can't pretend to ignore it:

When the 2016-17 season opens in Cleveland on Tuesday, and Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah are wearing Knicks jerseys, he'll see one example of the wreckage he has caused across the NBA over the past six seasons.

While James has taken a team to the Finals each year, other franchises have built, torn down, and rebuilt themselves to try and stop him. And they've failed.

"I know teams switch and pick up new coaches or new players, and their whole goal is kind of they want to beat me," James told cleveland.com, in a candid discussion about the upcoming year and his place in the sport at age 31, in this his 14th season. "It's never just about me, but I always hear them saying, 'We gotta beat LeBron.' It's not just me on the court, but I understand that teams get together in this conference and across the league to try to beat me."

LeBron vs. MJ
It's true, in Cleveland, James has Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, who both played huge roles in pushing the Cavs to their first championship in June. And in Miami, he paired himself with perennial All-Stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

But as soon as James left Cleveland or Miami over the last six years, the franchise spiraled downward. And when he returned to the Cavs, they were instantly great again.

With three titles, four MVPs and six consecutive Finals appearances to his name (seven total), James now talks openly of chasing the ghost of Michael Jordan.

Jordan's not dead, of course. He's alive and owns the Charlotte Hornets. He's also a six-time champion and five-time MVP whom many consider the greatest to ever play.

But not even Jordan went on a run like this. His Bulls teams reached and won the Finals from 1991-93, and again from 1996-98. In between, though, he took a year off to play baseball and when he returned, toward the end of the 1995 campaign, Chicago was eliminated in the conference semifinals.

There is no "in between" with James. His six consecutive Finals hasn't been done since Bill Russell's Celtics teams in the 1960s.

And most, if not all of the seismic shifts among other NBA franchises can be traced back to James' run. It's a trail of broken teams not even Jordan could claim.

"I don't know, I mean, if that's a story you want to tell and write, that's cool," James said. "I'm just, listen, I want to make a point in this league where guys look back at the run that I had and be like, 'Wow, what he was able to do was some good times, some good ball, and what he was able to accomplish was either something we've never seen before, or was one of a kind.'"

Winds of change

Consider the major changes across the NBA since James and the Cavs finished off their improbable comeback from a 3-1 deficit to beat the Warriors in the Finals:

• There's Rose and Noah, gone from the Bulls. Their old coach, Tom Thibodeau, is working the sidelines in Minnesota now. James eliminated the Bulls from the playoffs three times over the last six seasons; four if you count 2010, before James left Cleveland for Miami.

• Frank Vogel is coaching the Orlando Magic, not the Indiana Pacers. James' Heat teams booted the Pacers from the playoffs every year from 2012-14: twice in the conference finals, and once when Indiana was the No. 1 seed.

• Al Horford is a Celtic; Jeff Teague a Pacer. Both used to be Hawks. They were 0-8 against James and the Cavs in the 2015 and 2016 playoffs, and were the East's top seed when Cleveland sent them packing from the conference finals in 2015.

• Also, Kevin Durant is a Warrior now. True, Golden State is in the West, as is Durant's old team, the Thunder. They can't do anything to stop James' dominance in the East, but the Warriors - with Durant, and Stephen Curry, and Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green - are built to string together championships, to stomp out James' rule over the NBA and keep him from stockpiling titles in Cleveland.

Only, that was the Warriors' plan before Durant joined them. James had other ideas. He still does.

"I think every team is put together for one reason and one reason only, and that's to try and win a championship," he said. "That's what Golden State wants to do. For me, I'm the same way. I don't like being stagnant, and we've got great guys in here, but I want to continue to get better in this league each and every year and have the opportunity to win a championship. That's what it comes down to."

More than money

For the first time since he returned to Cleveland, James signed a multiyear deal last summer worth $100 million over three years. The first two seasons are guaranteed.

The structure of James' contracts is first and foremost about maximizing his earning potential. But, secondarily, James wanted to keep Cleveland's front office on its toes, ensuring that general manager David Griffin and owner Dan Gilbert (with his wallet) are always trying to improve the team around him so that the Cavs remain a perennial contender.

When the Cavs signed J.R. Smith to a four-year, $57 million contract on Oct. 22, it meant the team's core of Smith, James, Irving, Love, and Tristan Thompson was under contract for the next 2-4 seasons.

James is happy about that, but the moment this team becomes stale, or is shown to not be good enough to beat the latest Warriors iteration, James will want the Cavs' front office to react. It's why he said, "I don't like being stagnant."

You see, James has been on the other side of this equation, the victim of a superteam. It's true that he, Wade, and Bosh plotted for years to join forces as free agents in the summer of 2010, but at that time it was also clear to James he couldn't beat the Boston Celtics with his team in Cleveland.

The Celtics, with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen, among others, knocked the Cavs out of the playoffs in 2008 and 2010. Boston won it all in 2008 and lost to the Lakers in the 2010 Finals.

"I understood at that point in time that in order for me to compete for a championship and get to that next level, I had to figure out and get with some guys that could be on the same level as Paul, Ray, (Rajon) Rondo, KG and those guys," James said. "I just didn't feel like ... to do it here, I was out calling guys in the summer time, trying to get guys to come here and guys just continued to decline offers from us.

"And then at that time we didn't even have any money to go get anybody. I knew personally that D Wade was a free agent, I knew Bosh was a free agent, I knew Amare (Stoudemire) was a free agent, I knew Carlos Boozer was a free agent, so I knew I had to try and get some guys to try and get Boston, man. That was my whole mindset."

Boulevard of broken teams

Before James left Cleveland in 2010, the Cavs had won at least 60 games in each of the past two seasons and reached at least the conference semifinals in every year since 2006. Without him, Cleveland posted seasons of 19, 21, 24, and 33 wins.

With James, Miami went to the Finals every year and won it twice. Without him, the Heat missed the playoffs in 2015 and lost Wade to the Bulls. Neither would've happened had James stayed.

In summary, James' boulevard of broken teams is long and distinguished. It's a road on which he intends to remain, having experienced what it's like to have to move cities to beat the best.

"Yeah, but I was just trying to get Boston," James said. "They're all trying to get me."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/10/lebron_james_cleveland_cavalie_88.html

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
You should put me on ignore, but remember, THE REST OF THE BOARD WILL SEE YOUR CLOWNAGE THOUGH!! :hellyea:

29024122.jpg

You mean the same way they saw through your lies when you, one of the biggest Trolls on BGOL called me one of the biggest Troll hunters, a Troll?