Space Jam (1996) - who could pull it off today if they remade it...?

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
d6fmg6utujlcsj65vuh.jpg

Total Lifetime Grosses-

Domestic: $90,418,342 39.2%

+ Foreign: $140,000,000 60.8%

= Worldwide: $230,418,342

thats not bad for 1996....dam...almost 20 yrs...shit i`m getting old...:lol:

i was watching it ... v v v ... mike didnt do a bad job...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdckkqYwIzc

anyway i think lebron could do it...he doesnt take himself too seriously and his acting skills is not that bad either...

:cool:

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
LeBron is the face of the NBA. I think you would have to get a couple marquee names. Dwight is a big kid but his star power has fallen. Blake Griffin would be a better choice at this point. Stephen Curry is the new up in comer with media hype behind him. Add KD or Wiggins and you have a movie.

slam

Super Moderator
i never thought of blake..he was god in those goofy ass car commercials...:yes:

smutsmut

Support BGOL
Registered
Lebron or KD. But Lebron mostly. But I think Harden as of this date would be more marketable for this role.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
I feel like if they were going to do it, Lebron should've did it before he left Cleveland. The Miami thing kinda stunk up his image.

Now I think it would have to be centered around all the players, as opposed to how it was just starring Mike, but featured Ewing, Chuck, Mugsy, Johnson and Bradley.

I think Griffin, Curry, KD and Paul are more over with the kids, so I think they would need to carry the movie, and then let Lebron be the hero.

So them 4 + Lebron + another big. Probably Noah or Dirk.

Dwight fucked his image all up with all that bitchin'

Alphachino

Star
Registered
Lebron, paul, curry, bosh, wade, howard are all household names with kids as they have all appeared on Disney Channel shows and kids know them from those state farm commercials

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Fuck it Joakim Noah. If anyone says anything about Noah remember motherfucking bum ass Shawn Bradley was in the 1st movie. Noah could at least get a role on that level.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
d6fmg6utujlcsj65vuh.jpg

Total Lifetime Grosses-

Domestic: $90,418,342 39.2%

+ Foreign: $140,000,000 60.8%

= Worldwide: $230,418,342

thats not bad for 1996....dam...almost 20 yrs...shit i`m getting old...:lol:

i was watching it ... v v v ... mike didnt do a bad job...

anyway i think lebron could do it...he doesnt take himself too seriously and his acting skills is not that bad either...

:cool:

Space Jam 2 star LeBron James unveils first look at new Tune Squad jerseys

By Derek Lawrence
August 18, 2020 at 10:44 AM EDT

LeBron James is currently at Disney World trying to win an NBA championship, but he's also preparing for an out of this world game.
On Monday, James unveiled the first look at the very colorful new Tune Squad jerseys, which will be featured in Space Jam: A New Legacy.

Twenty-five years after Michael Jordan joined forces with Bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes to defeat the Monstars, James steps into the game for the long-awaited sequel from Girls Trip director Malcolm D. Lee. Well, far from long-awaited by Space Jam director Joe Pytka, who previously told EW how baffled he was by any attempt to make a followup.

“I think it’s ridiculous to try and make a different movie out of it,” he said in 2016. “I can’t see it. I can’t imagine how it could be what that film was. Not that Space Jam is a great movie, but it had something that touched that period of time because of who those athletes were and it doesn’t exist anymore.”

:eek2:

Pytka added that representatives for James' now Los Angeles Laker teammate Dwight Howard had once approached him to helm a sequel, be turned down that overture due to his belief that a new film wouldn’t work without the unprecedented global reach and appeal of the original production’s star.

“I’ve worked with LeBron and I’ve worked with Steph Curry, and as good a player as LeBron is and as good a player as Steph Curry is, they’re not Michael Jordan,” he argued “We will never see another player like him. He was a transcendent figure, much like Muhammad Ali. He was beyond his sport. These guys aren’t.”

:eek2:

Space Jam: A New Legacy tips off July 16, 2021. In the meantime, look at the very Flint Tropics-like jerseys above.

slam

Super Moderator
i spoke this shit into existence y`all r welcome.... :lol:

Lebron must lurk on here ...

he went n pitched it after i came up with the idea...lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
An animated LeBron James puts together his Dream Team in latest Space Jam: A New Legacy trailer

The basketball giant gets an assist from Zendaya's Lola Bunny and the other Looney Tunes in his mission to defeat Don Cheadle's rogue A.I.
By Derek Lawrence
June 09, 2021 at 12:04 PM EDT

LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers may have recently been eliminated from the playoffs, but he's still got a big game coming up - maybe his biggest game yet.
Warners Bros. has released the latest trailer for the long-awaited Space Jam: A New Legacy, which arrives July 16 in theaters and on HBO Max, a whopping 25 years after Michael Jordan's original film became a pop culture juggernaut.

Helmed by director Malcolm D. Lee (Girls Trip), New Legacy features James playing a heightened version of himself and struggling to relate to his teenage son Dom (Cedric Joe), who's much more interested in creating games than playing them.
When Dom's tech skills draw the attention of a rogue A.I. named Al-G Rhythm (Don Cheadle), the father-son duo get sucked into the Warner 3000 entertainment "Server-verse," where the four-time NBA MVP must round up the Looney Tunes (including Zendaya's Lola Bunny) to defeat the formidable Goon Squad. Along the way, James will drift through some of the studio's most famous films (Wonder Woman and Casablanca among them) to track down his underdog squad.

"The general idea was the examination of Black fatherhood and how fatherhood could be unique to LeBron James specifically," producer Ryan Coogler explained in EW's New Legacy first-look cover story.
James, a father of three, added, "There are parents who want to push their kids to do certain things because this is what they do, but sometimes you have to look into a kid and be able to have an open mind and ear to help them become the thing they've dreamed of."

slam

Super Moderator
Lebron owe me money ...:money:

box office numbers r gonna b skewed now ...:(