Our 1st BGOL team has launched their product.

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If anyone ever wants to go straight to the source...and not pay for facebook likes (as well as twitter retweets, youtube views..etc). Go to Enhance Views and setup a free account.

You will first have to setup a fake facebook account and set it up in Enhance Views to give out facebook likes overnight. You will build up credits that you can use to get likes back in return on any facebook page you want.

I've done this for a long time and I've never had problems or had issues with them sticking.

I just never go overboard though and only use it to give the impression that the page is not empty starting out.

soulcontroller

Rising Star
Registered
Just now seeing this but here are few thoughts and recommendations:

Site Feedback/Suggestions
Menu
- I would change the flow of the menu to read as News, Entertainment, Funny, Original
- "Stay Connected" in the Sidebar should social media icons should be reordered for Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, Reddit
Typography
- The font for the menu should be increased to draw more attention to the menu options
- Article Titles Fonts Should be Larger
- Font for Hot Stories Should be larger
Aesthetics
- Images for Hot Stories should be larger to show readers attention for improved CTR
- Limit the number of social media icons to available. Studies have shown that having only the social media networking buttons improved sharing. Right now the top 3-4 that should be used is Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Pinterest.
Branding
- About Us page typography needs to be tweaked. The font is too small and does not provide optimal reader experience.
- Explaining the value proposition of the site needs tweaking
- Team page should also be added to look like a legit site. Characters can be used instead of real faces to continue anonymity if needed.

Key Recommendations

Mail Campaign
- I would recommend to start collecting emails to sending updates daily/biweekly/weekly via automated RSS. Mailchimp can get you started for free up to 2k users. This would also allow you to section off your lists to help you understand what sections most resonate with your readers and ensures you are providing them with content that matters to them.

Social Sharing
- Consider using floating social media networking icons to increase the number of shares. I would recommend the wordpress plugin Flare, http://wordpress.org/plugins/flare/

Content Recommendation Engines
- Recommend installing Outbrain or LinkWithin to utilize for content recommendation for the site. Outbrain provides a dashboard for analytics
- Recommend installing nRelate Flyout to display related content in a flyout box once a reader gets closer to the end of an article

SEO
- Recommend submitted the site for consideration into Google News, which would allow Google to crawl your site everytime an article is publish and it will be featured in Google News that will improve the site's SEO and readership. Great for increasing the percentage of organic traffic. You will have to show at least 2-3 team member staff to be considered. Takes 30-90 days to get a response from Google regarding approval.
- Wordpress SEO by Yoast is MUST install for SEO and organic traffic
- Sign up for Google Webmaster Tools to track impressions and identify opportunities to increase traffic and maximize SEO
- Utilize Google Trends for SEO purposes to see what keyword/phrases are getting the most searches and trending

Social Media
- Utilize an automatic plugin that tweets and facebooks your content everytime an article is published
- Be sure to utilize the correct hashtags based on the content

Content Development & Strategy
- ARTICLE TITLES ARE EVERYTHING. Ensure you write the best titles that make readers want to click. Article titles are more important than the articles. Spend time crafting 2-5 different article titles and see which one works the most.
- People consumer huge list posts so always use list posts when creating content. Question posts also generate high CTR e.g. Guess INSERT CELEB Is Fucking?
- Utilize infographics to increase traffic. High CTR and shares. Can consider creating your own as part of your long term growth strategy
- CONSISTENCY IS KEY. For a site like this to generate millions of pageviews monthly, a significant effort will be needed in creating content. Original content, reposts, content curation. At least 20 or more posts per day. Its a journey not a sprint.
- Developing your voice and key differentiation. This will take some time and trail and error. Carving our your voice is in this space will determine your long term growth and success.

About all I have for now.

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Just now seeing this but here are few thoughts and recommendations:

About all I have for now.

great feedback, and it's great to see that most, if not majority of the things you suggested we were considering, have planned to implement or already have done so. means we're on the right track and you'll continue to see the site updated frequently with new stuff and original content daily and see how it grows organically over the months

thank you again, that was really valuable man

soulcontroller

Rising Star
Registered
great feedback, and it's great to see that most, if not majority of the things you suggested we were considering, have planned to implement or already have done so. means we're on the right track and you'll continue to see the site updated frequently with new stuff and original content daily and see how it grows organically over the months

thank you again, that was really valuable man

Yeah if I think about something else, I'll be sure to share. The biggest thing is the daily grind, I cannot stress that enough. Aint no days off when it comes to content. Then you have to break news quick.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yeah if I think about something else, I'll be sure to share. The biggest thing is the daily grind, I cannot stress that enough. Aint no days off when it comes to content. Then you have to break news quick.

:lol: I found that out the 1st week. It's everyday attentive posting. Finding the story from various places, then composing and framing it and then posting it and sharing it.

I've been better at identifying what will go viral, lots of things we've put up on bluntbit went everywhere else after.. so we're beating people to the punch. just need to promote share and get more growth day in and day out.

anything else for sure you can share here via pm or even email.

thanks again

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Key Recommendations[/B]

Social Sharing
- Consider using floating social media networking icons to increase the number of shares. I would recommend the wordpress plugin Flare, http://wordpress.org/plugins/flare/

When Your Traffic Comes From Facebook, It's Facebook's Traffic

From a business viewpoint, I think an important point to make about this is that "viral" basically just means "is popular on Facebook" since Facebook is really the only host for viral content that matters. And that in turn means that all the viral traffic a website gets is really Facebook's traffic. It's been clear for a long time now—like going back to well before there was an Internet—that journalism just isn't that popular. Most households in the New York City metro area never subscribed to the New York Times, for example. Facebook, by contrast, is something that people really like. So since Facebook is so much more popular than journalism, it turns out that the most popular kind of journalism is Facebook content.

But this is still really Facebook's traffic. Not just in the sense that Facebook can always tweak the algorithms that determine what plays well on Facebook, but in the sense that whatever economic value is created by "viral" content will ultimately be captured by Facebook. If you want to advertise to an audience of people eager to consume Facebook-friendly content, after all, the logical place to do that is on Facebook.

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are you guys considering doing a Google + page and doing authorship? You can link the site as well as all the social pages to the G+ page.

If things haven't changed, it's been known to be good for SEO.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Are you guys considering doing a Google + page and doing authorship? You can link the site as well as all the social pages to the G+ page.

If things haven't changed, it's been known to be good for SEO.

great suggestion and we'll look into that today

He has a point.

I'm using it, but I'm not exactly sure if that possible for your website. I say because my website is through google, so because of that I benefit from all the services google have to offer. That authorship is directly connecting my google+ and blogger website, which enhances my SEO when I make a post.

I am assuming that y'all are not using google as a hosting service. If it is possible for y'all, then that gives me more incentive to move off of blogger.

If you don't mind me asking, where are y'all hosting your website from? What web service? Is it AWS?

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Yeah, the site looks great.
:yes:

Much better first impression.

The news category is extremely broad.

You'll need to get some real Facebook followers asap because people are going to wonder why nobody who likes your site speaks English. (I always look over there to see who among my friends likes a site.)

dooinit

Support BGOL
Registered
What other message boards are you guys posting on to get traffic? Have u seen an increase in traffic from the posting? So far what has been the best source of traffic?

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Has launched their product

The former is singular, the latter is plural..
I have tried to keep quiet, but this indiscipline
has been bothering me

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered
Has launched their product

The former is singular, the latter is plural..
I have tried to keep quiet, but this indiscipline
has been bothering me

Wtf?.. lol... Grammar Nazi is your new shtick, Zinger?...

But on the real I noticed it should've been "have" instead of "has" as well... lol..

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
But on the real I noticed it should've been "have" instead of "has" as well... lol..

It should have been 'its" instead of "their". Team is singular so "has" is correct. In British English they use plural for team instead of considering it singular. I switched the pronoun to plural.

Grammar Nazis on bgol.:lol:

Last edited:

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
:lol::lol:

Eewwll, tell him to critique you when he has appeared in several national mags and is living the good life in Brasil with pretty young things as service maids.

Damn, that's what's up.

Nigga 'bout to make me turn into Big Head Rico.

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered
It should have been 'its" instead of "their". Team is singular so "has" is correct. In British English they use plural for team instead of considering it singular. I switched the pronoun to plural.

Grammar Nazis on bgol.:lol:

"It's" would have worked if you switched out "their" because "it's" is singular as well.. but "have" would have been appropriate if you were to keep "their" which is plural...

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered
since you cats want to be grammer nazis: it is actually "its" not "it's" :hmm:

Touche...

I used the wrong form, but outside of the apostrophe, everything else I said was correct..

But back on topic: What happened to themainman?... It's like dude just disappeared as soon as this project started?.. :dunno: