Sexy Black Dress thread

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok, yeah, the one on the main board caught me :

http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=545881

But it got me to wondering. Where are the cute black dresses? That actually fit? Cause I dresses (for me) either don't fit the tits, ass, or the tits can't stay up in the dress (damn you one shoulder!)

Where do you get your sexy black dress? What could be your dress? I want to go shopping so post pics and links please! I need a new store :hmm:

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
Fun!
I don't wear dresses a lot but I love these:
images

adf60_20110831-074027.jpg

I like things that show the shoulders, the bust, and aren't too froofy.

Where to buy: Don't know. I'm on a buying hiatus this year unless it is shoes and panties. Have you considered making one or having something similar altered by a dressmaker or tailor? Sometimes that is the best way to get the fit you need. I'm planning on making a dress like the Calvin Klein one. It's only a few seams but the trick is finding quality fabric.

Last edited:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^

The first one is hot!

If I had a place to put a sewing machine and table I would make my own clothes definitely. I have too many ideas for fashion in general not too...I liked to have an orgasm when Project Runway first came on. (I think I did.)

After searching for a dressmaker in Atlanta I think I need to either look harder or in a different place. People telling me my vision is too complicated for them to make.

Actually I think I might go with my first thought. Savannah College of Art and Design has a campus up here, I might hit them up.

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
^^^

Actually I think I might go with my first thought. Savannah College of Art and Design has a campus up here, I might hit them up.

:yes: Some hungry student would love to take the challenge. I really enjoy sewing. My challenge is making things I'm actually going to wear! I think I enjoy the challenge more than the actual finished product but this year since I'm committed to not buying any more new clothes that should force me to sew some more practical stuff. I made a dress for my brothers wedding and I got a lot of compliments on it, but I thought it sucked! It turned out well, but Cynthia Rowley does not make clothes and patterns for women with breasts! I'm small (size 6/7), but since the dress was more blousy on top it just ballooned over my breasts. :smh: Now I know better and I look for designers that actually have clothes/patterns for my body type. It was still fun to make though.:)

The first dress is yummy!

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
^^^

:yes: Some hungry student would love to take the challenge. I really enjoy sewing. My challenge is making things I'm actually going to wear! I think I enjoy the challenge more than the actual finished product but this year since I'm committed to not buying any more new clothes that should force me to sew some more practical stuff. I made a dress for my brothers wedding and I got a lot of compliments on it, but I thought it sucked! It turned out well, but Cynthia Rowley does not make clothes and patterns for women with breasts! I'm small (size 6/7), but since the dress was more blousy on top it just ballooned over my breasts. :smh: Now I know better and I look for designers that actually have clothes/patterns for my body type. It was still fun to make though.:)

Check out this sewing site. It's the most contemporary one out there. The other ones have too many old ladies making quilts and shit.

http://www.burdastyle.com/

The only thing I don't like is this current obsession with making vintage clothes. Some things are nice, but it is just overkill at this point.
It's not 1950 get over it already.

Last edited:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Check out this sewing site. It's the most contemporary one out there. The other ones have too many old ladies making quilts and shit.

http://www.burdastyle.com/

The only thing I don't like is this current obsession with making vintage clothes. Some things are nice, but it is just overkill at this point.
It's not 1950 get over it already.

Thanks!

I absolutely ADORE 60's-70's vintage but I have long before people actually started making clothes that look like it. I think the trick is that no one knows how to finish these clothes...where I work at I see a lot of young people and I swear they all wearing the same thing just in a different color.

118_tech_dwg_large.jpg

If I could get this in denim with boning an a little longer that would so be the business!

Did you see the blog about the chick who took a dollar a day and remade clothes for a whole year? She shows pics sometimes of what she's doing to the clothes and it seem sooo easy...but I know better :hmm:

DSCF0076-216x300.jpg

DSCF0133-225x300.jpg
http://www.newdressaday.com/

Last edited:

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
No problem Mel. Let me know when you start on your sewing adventures!

That dress a day site is funny because I see people are actually mailing that woman the ugliest shit they can find like "now what what!"
I can't get into the realtering thing. It just seems like way too much work for the outcome. Maybe I will try it one day if I find a nice coat or something. That way I can change the lining because the thought of wearing something someone else sweated in makes me :puke:. I know it is silly because most of us wore some hand me downs as a kid. Maybe it is the fact it is a stranger rather than someone I know. I have a girlfriend who has a closet full of designer things she thrifted, but she is uber cheap like that.:lol:

Nice dress! If you get someone to make it make sure they use the best fabric you can afford. That type of dress will make you look like the Mummy if they try to go cheap thin polyester. You want the good shit!

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No problem Mel. Let me know when you start on your sewing adventures!

That dress a day site is funny because I see people are actually mailing that woman the ugliest shit they can find like "now what what!"
I can't get into the realtering thing. It just seems like way too much work for the outcome. Maybe I will try it one day if I find a nice coat or something. That way I can change the lining because the thought of wearing something someone else sweated in makes me :puke:. I know it is silly because most of us wore some hand me downs as a kid. Maybe it is the fact it is a stranger rather than someone I know. I have a girlfriend who has a closet full of designer things she thrifted, but she is uber cheap like that.:lol:

Nice dress! If you get someone to make it make sure they use the best fabric you can afford. That type of dress will make you look like the Mummy if they try to go cheap thin polyester. You want the good shit!

:lol:

After the new year start and I see how much weight I've lost I'll try again to find a dressmaker/seamstress. Lazy bunch of bums in the area I tell ya.

I try not to go for the poleyster or blends even when I'm at the mall or store. Sometimes I find myself putting clothes back when they aren't 100% cotton or wool. But I got an idea for that dress...provided I can TRULY find someone to make it I'll bump this thread next July.

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
It would be cool if the sistas of SOL posted pics of themselves wearing black dresses...Just saying...:dunno:

onyxfemme

Punk Ass Decepticons!
BGOL Investor
I wore a cute black dress for my birthday party. I had it shortened for the occasion. You know where those pics are Mel! If you like it I will tell you where I got it from.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well, good luck with that. I'll make sure my glasses are clean, so I can see that clearly. :lol::cool::yes::cool::lol:

:lol:

I wore a cute black dress for my birthday party. I had it shortened for the occasion. You know where those pics are Mel! If you like it I will tell you where I got it from.

Im'ma check it and please tell me where you got it. You know me, I duck in and out.

oh did you now?

You knew that;)

:lol::lol::lol:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is hot!

Mel have you considered a convertible dress?
red-avon-2-1280861158.jpg

you can really tailor it to your form and if you have a creative streak you can come up with so many options

I have considered it because I love the length of it when it's a skirt, but I'm afraid of it because most of those styles I don't think I can wear with the boobies. But it's a consideration. :yes:

jedi mind tricks mel...unfall for it.

like the x files, the truth is out there. :yes:

:lol: so silly.

The only truth I'm looking for is a little black number I can...well, you know...

Ok, so I went through my closet and realized I got this shirt that's too small on the bust and a skirt that's too poofy. I can't bear to get rid of the skirt cause I love the print. I think I'm going to keep a box of clothes and get them altered next year for when the heat rise, (it's a short sleeve and short skirt. No point in getting them altered now we hitting 65 degree mornings here).

qseal00

Support BGOL
Registered
*posts up in a pinstripe suit to watch Mel try on clothes*

note: if a lady friend asks you to help go shopping with her, try slipping on a good suit. I did it on accident when coming from work, but the results astonished me.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
*posts up in a pinstripe suit to watch Mel try on clothes*

note: if a lady friend asks you to help go shopping with her, try slipping on a good suit. I did it on accident when coming from work, but the results astonished me.

I find pinstripe suits on a man very sexy. Something about that pinstripe that a normal heather gray suit just doesn't do. :yes:

Now if you can pull off the hat with it...good lawd.

qseal00

Support BGOL
Registered
I find pinstripe suits on a man very sexy. Something about that pinstripe that a normal heather gray suit just doesn't do. :yes:

Now if you can pull off the hat with it...good lawd.

I was going to make my next suit tailored made with the hat to match tbh. :yes:

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
I have considered it because I love the length of it when it's a skirt, but I'm afraid of it because most of those styles I don't think I can wear with the boobies. But it's a consideration. :yes:

:lol: so silly.

The only truth I'm looking for is a little black number I can...well, you know...

Ok, so I went through my closet and realized I got this shirt that's too small on the bust and a skirt that's too poofy. I can't bear to get rid of the skirt cause I love the print. I think I'm going to keep a box of clothes and get them altered next year for when the heat rise, (it's a short sleeve and short skirt. No point in getting them altered now we hitting 65 degree mornings here).

That' a good test if you like a seamstress or not. Check out the Vogue Patterns too . They have some nice things in their designer dress section.

Uncontainable_Spirit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks!

I absolutely ADORE 60's-70's vintage but I have long before people actually started making clothes that look like it. I think the trick is that no one knows how to finish these clothes...where I work at I see a lot of young people and I swear they all wearing the same thing just in a different color.

118_tech_dwg_large.jpg

If I could get this in denim with boning an a little longer that would so be the business!

Did you see the blog about the chick who took a dollar a day and remade clothes for a whole year? She shows pics sometimes of what she's doing to the clothes and it seem sooo easy...but I know better :hmm:

DSCF0076-216x300.jpg

DSCF0133-225x300.jpg
http://www.newdressaday.com/

Excellent site... lots of creativity there.