Where do you stand on "guy friends" in a relationship?

AristotlesOwn

Star
Registered
I have several female friends with whom I spend time and don't have sex. I made a conscious decision long ago that I wasn't going to go a certain route with the majority of these females. It takes an incredible amount of willpower to do this. So far it has worked out well, but I think it's hard on some dudes because I am the guy that they are all measured against. I fix things, build Ikea's god forsaken products and help them with groceries...almost like a communal husband :lol: I never ask them for anything, but they insist on feeding me and getting whatever I need to be comfortable.

I've only made the mistake of having sex with one of my female friends...and that shit caught me off guard because she calls herself a lesbian... :confused: go figure, I'd be the one to have sex with a 'lesbian'. We chalked that one up to drunkenness, and have since moved past it and have continued a healthy platonic relationship.

There is only 1 female friend I have that I would cross that line with ever again, but it would be on a relationship tip.

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
This is complicated for me. I have some incredible male friends that I consider like family. My ex? is my best friend also. Having them not be a part of my life would be very very difficult.

I have not had sex with them (excluding my ex) but it's no secret they would if I let them. I just chalk that up to them being men- men will hit if they have the chance 8/10 times.

I would not prioritize their needs over my partner's but i don't see myself abandoning my friends :confused: I only have a handful that I trust male or female.