What limits should protest have?

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is his suppose to be some shot at Obama. Guess you forgot that Bibi hated Obama and even did a speech in front of congress to shit on Obama for not supporting Israel enough. Trump also gutted the Iranian Nuclear deal which could have avoided whats happening now.

Is his suppose to be some shot at Obama. Guess you forgot that Bibi hated Obama and even did a speech in front of congress to shit on Obama for not supporting Israel enough. Trump also gutted the Iranian Nuclear deal which could have avoided whats happening now.
Just the facts

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

This is the problem with the Bernie cult. They think their cause is so righteous that any means are justified.

So should they be allowed to rob banks for Gaza? Rape for Gaza? Which laws don't count if you agree with the cause?

They 100% could have protested legally and nothing would have happened to them. But THEY decided they wanted to protest illegally.

It's the job of college leadership and police officers to maintain the law and order. You know what is not their job? Anything to do with Gaza. So of course they focus on doing their jobs.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is the problem with the Bernie cult. They think their cause is so righteous that any means are justified.

So should they be allowed to rob banks for Gaza? Rape for Gaza? Which laws don't count if you agree with the cause?

They 100% could have protested legally and nothing would have happened to them. But THEY decided they wanted to protest illegally.

It's the job of college leadership and police officers to maintain the law and order. You know what is not their job? Anything to do with Gaza. So of course they focus on doing their jobs.
All of that nonsense you just made up is a distraction by extremism to deter from the FACT that America supports Israel even when they are on the wrong side of history. (which they are this time)
Nobody is robbing and raping for Palestine. Its asinine to suggest as such.
Its true that the methods they are using are not nearly as coordinated as the Civil Rights Era protests but the cause is legit and you can't expect people to sit back and do nothing while injustices occur.
Americans want to go out and shoot people for inconveniencing them. How messed up is our society?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
All of that nonsense you just made up is a distraction by extremism to deter from the FACT that America supports Israel even when they are on the wrong side of history. (which they are this time)
Nobody is robbing and raping for Palestine. Its asinine to suggest as such.
Its true that the methods they are using are not nearly as coordinated as the Civil Rights Era protests but the cause is legit and you can't expect people to sit back and do nothing while injustices occur.
Americans want to go out and shoot people for inconveniencing them. How messed up is our society?
The fact that America supports Israel, of a genocide, or whatever bullshit has you emotional for the day has ZERO to do with the people whose job it is to maintain the campus, keep it open, and make sure everyone has access to it.

Not a single fucking thing.

So when they are told to open make sure the campus is open, they can't start crying BUT GAZANS ARE DYING WEEP WEEP WEEP

If they don't open the campus someone else will be hired to do it.

The exact SAME people that have spent the last year saying about Trump NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW - ARREST THEM ALL, are now saying, "well, we know it's illegal, but their cause is so righteous, so we should let THEM be above the law. Well just the people we like can be above the law, but for the people and causes we don't like, THROW THEM IN JAIL ARREST THEM ALL.

There are all kinds of legal ways for them to protest, but they deliberately chose illegal ways and found out the consequences.

The fact is there are a lot of people that hate Israel and the Jews, and that is the only reason they are giving a single fuck about Gaza. I posted about 800,000 Africans in Sudan about to be massacred by Arabs and only one person responeded.

There are more Africans killed, more Africans starving, 11 million Africans that will face starvation by June, so don't give me this "I'm just SO disturbed by genocide" bullshit. Because you and everyone in this country hear about genocides all over the world every day and yawn and start looking for a new show to watch on Netflix.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The fact that America supports Israel, of a genocide, or whatever bullshit has you emotional for the day has ZERO to do with the people whose job it is to maintain the campus, keep it open, and make sure everyone has access to it.

Not a single fucking thing.

So when they are told to open make sure the campus is open, they can't start crying BUT GAZANS ARE DYING WEEP WEEP WEEP

If they don't open the campus someone else will be hired to do it.

The exact SAME people that have spent the last year saying about Trump NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW - ARREST THEM ALL, are now saying, "well, we know it's illegal, but their cause is so righteous, so we should let THEM be above the law. Well just the people we like can be above the law, but for the people and causes we don't like, THROW THEM IN JAIL ARREST THEM ALL.

There are all kinds of legal ways for them to protest, but they deliberately chose illegal ways and found out the consequences.

The fact is there are a lot of people that hate Israel and the Jews, and that is the only reason they are giving a single fuck about Gaza. I posted about 800,000 Africans in Sudan about to be massacred by Arabs and only one person responeded.

There are more Africans killed, more Africans starving, 11 million Africans that will face starvation by June, so don't give me this "I'm just SO disturbed by genocide" bullshit. Because you and everyone in this country hear about genocides all over the world every day and yawn and start looking for a new show to watch on Netflix.
You are trying to make this personal but its not. My personal interests or actions are not the subject.
Students have always protested injustices on campuses and probably always will. The topic is not Africans, so why you brought up African suffering seems to be a strawman tactic.
And who are you to determine what someone else is passionate about? You are just one person. Your beliefs, feelings and interests or disinterests are regulated to YOU and no one else. What you seem to be doing is implying via projection. i.e., because I am not interested or disturbed by a genocide, then others can not be either. That's B.S. People choose their interests, passions, etc. and their levels and/or dedications to such.

As to lawlessness, I don't agree with unlawful protests that harm innocents or destroy property of those not involved. Chaos is not a positive in society.
That said, I am not against renegade tactics when all other avenues have been exhausted. Nothing of value is given, that includes freedom, power, etc. It is taken by force or extreme coersion of some sort.
Any change that is worth having is usually taken. Tearing up schools doesn't bring about that change, so I don't agree with that but the "legality" of protesting is always at question.
I certainly don't think that because a protesting tactic is a nuisance or an inconvenience that it shouldn't be implemented. That includes blocking traffic, sit-ins, etc.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered

Also....almost HALF of the protestors arrested on Columbia & CCNY campuses had NO AFFILIATION with the schools they were camped out on.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
You are trying to make this personal but its not. My personal interests or actions are not the subject.
Students have always protested injustices on campuses and probably always will. The topic is not Africans, so why you brought up African suffering seems to be a strawman tactic.
And who are you to determine what someone else is passionate about? You are just one person. Your beliefs, feelings and interests or disinterests are regulated to YOU and no one else. What you seem to be doing is implying via projection. i.e., because I am not interested or disturbed by a genocide, then others can not be either. That's B.S. People choose their interests, passions, etc. and their levels and/or dedications to such.

As to lawlessness, I don't agree with unlawful protests that harm innocents or destroy property of those not involved. Chaos is not a positive in society.
That said, I am not against renegade tactics when all other avenues have been exhausted. Nothing of value is given, that includes freedom, power, etc. It is taken by force or extreme coersion of some sort.
Any change that is worth having is usually taken. Tearing up schools doesn't bring about that change, so I don't agree with that but the "legality" of protesting is always at question.
I certainly don't think that because a protesting tactic is a nuisance or an inconvenience that it shouldn't be implemented. That includes blocking traffic, sit-ins, etc.
I don't disagree with them protesting. I disagree with them doing illegal protests. And honestly, I don't even disagree with it as long as they're prepared to take the consequences and not whine about them.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
AND

Now all the Queers for Palestine and women not covering their hair can put their money where their mouths are. They can go to a school that is 100% divested from Israel.

"
Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthi militia, which has disrupted global shipping to display its support for Palestinians in the Gaza conflict, is now offering a place for students suspended from U.S. universities after staging anti-Israeli protests.
Students have rallied or set up tents at dozens of campuses in the United States in recent days to protest against Israel's war in Gaza, now in its seventh month.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue

Demonstrators have called on President Joe Biden, who has supported Israel's right to defend itself, to do more to stop the bloodshed in Gaza and demanded schools divest from companies that support Israel's government.
Many of the schools, including Ivy League Columbia University in New York City, have called in police to quell the protests.
"We are serious about welcoming students that have been suspended from U.S. universities for supporting Palestinians," an official at Sanaa University, which is run by the Houthis, told Reuters. "We are fighting this battle with Palestine in every way we can."

Sanaa University had issued a statement applauding the "humanitarian" position of the students in the United States and said they could continue their studies in Yemen.
"The board of the university condemns what academics and students of U.S. and European universities are being subjected to, suppression of freedom of expression," the board of the university said in a statement, which included an email address for any students wanting to take up their offer.

The U.S. and Britain returned the Houthi militia to a list of terrorist groups this year as their attacks on vessels in and around the Red Sea hurt global economies.
The Houthi's offer of an education for U.S. students sparked a wave of sarcasm by ordinary Yemenis on social media. One social media user posted a photograph of two Westerners chewing Yemen's widely-used narcotic leaf Qat. He described the scene as American students during their fifth year at Sanaa University."

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

fafo-findout.gif

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I’m sorry but only a true piece of shit focuses on laughing at dumb college kids in the midst of a genocide. Your priorities and morality are warped.
Who said it was a genocide? Just because you Bernie Bros invent something, doesn't make it true.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I’m sorry but only a true piece of shit focuses on laughing at dumb college kids in the midst of a genocide. Your priorities and morality are warped.
Only a true piece of shit continues to cry about people that have no connection to him while giving no fucks about a much larger number of people that look like him that have been and are about to be massacred.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I knew that would be your rebuttal-- Semantics.

TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FUCKING KIDS KILLED

And you are playing word games and talking about Bernie Sanders. What a loser.

400,000 FUCKING PEOPLE KILLED.

TEN TIMES THE NUMBER OF YOUR FUCKING BELOVED ARABS

ABSOLUTELY ZERO FUCKS GIVEN.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Only a true piece of shit continues to cry about people that have no connection to him while giving no fucks about a much larger number of people that look like him that have been and are about to be massacred.

#1- Everyone who cares about Palestine does not neglect other atrocities

#2- You only point to Congo or Haiti to distract from Palestine-- YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THEM. They're just fodder for whataboutism to you.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
#1- Everyone who cares about Palestine does not neglect other atrocities

#2- You only point to Congo or Haiti to distract from Palestine-- YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THEM. They're just fodder for whataboutism to you.

I'm talking about YOU famo.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
@Costanza show me the campus takeovers protesting the fact that Arabs have surrounded the capital of North Darfur and are going to move in and massacre the 800,000 people in there or the 11 million people estimated to be starving by June.

FOH.

If we're not going to give a fuck about Africans, I'll be damned if I turn around and give a fuck about Arabs.