What limits should protest have?

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

These mofos act like America invaded Gaza!!!

You are fuckin' up people's days and also there could be emergency vehicles now stuck in traffic because of this bullshit!!!

I get protesting for your cause, but blocking traffic is insane!!!

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
These mofos act like America invaded Gaza!!!

America is paying for it so basically they did. America is certainly responsible.

You are fuckin' up people's days and also there could be emergency vehicles now stuck in traffic because of this bullshit!!!

I get protesting for your cause, but blocking traffic is insane!!!

Counterpoint:

The gov't is ending people's lives and there are innocent kids dying right now because of this bullshit, which Americans can end if they chose to but they care more about traffic than dead kids.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

These people are nodifferent than young people that join gangs or sign up to be in the KKK or some shit.

They are doing stuff like this to give their lives purpose.

They should be learning a trade or going to college or working.

I bet a bunch of these retards don't even vote.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
America is paying for it so basically they did. America is certainly responsible.

Counterpoint:

The gov't is ending people's lives and there are innocent kids dying right now because of this bullshit, which Americans can end if they chose to but they care more about traffic than dead kids.
That's a valid point about us helping finance the war.

The second part is all relative. People HERE have to live our lives here in this country.

Babies are dying everyday in this country and around the world every damn day!

That doesn't mean we disrupt our days because a bunch of politicians want to play God.

We as citizens are very limited as to what we can do. I get that protesting brings attention to a cause.

I will never agree w/ blocking bridges and highways.

notreally

Rising Star
Registered
So...

the real question is this:

are you a professional asshole, or do you just play one on BGOL? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Just askin'.
:smh:

In a two party system, if the party that is supposed to be on your side isn't, it makes no sense to attempt the more difficult task of converting your staunch opponents.

If Dems won't do the right thing when they don't have the votes, there's no reason to expect them to when they do.

This is just the LAMEST excuse making.

notreally

Rising Star
Registered

Counterpoint:

Better counterpoint:

The relationship between arabs and (black) Africans has, historically, been one of slaver and enslaved, going back centuries.

As far as the Jewish question goes, who do you think own most of those slave ships?

And the point of the two statements above: fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all. In the ass.

I, for one am sick and fucking tired of jews and arabs. To hell with all of 'em, if you ask me. WTF have they done for anyone, other than try to exterminate one another for eons, and abuse black folk in their spare time?

We need to STOP funding that racist, apartheid boil on the asshole of the world called Israel, and fuck an arab. Just fuck 'em all.

We got our own problems, like people low-key supporting asshole republi-nazis. Case in point? I am not sure...

enlighten me.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Protesting and rioting are the last resort of the common people against the bourgeoisie and the government. It's not intended to be a civil process, as every form of civil discussion or proposed solution has been ignored, mocked, denied, and rejected. Its very nature is to advance the will of the people and impose their wants and asks, be it through force or chaos.

Ain't no such thing as a "nice" protest!

Exactly!!! :yes:

blaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is it “By any means necessary”?

Or is it “How dare they disrupt traffic?”

Or is disrupting traffic justifiable but a bad tactic because it targets the wrong people?

Or is it also wrong to “harass” public officials at their homes and when they are out living their lives?

I mean, muh fuckas think they can just shit on the will of the people and just go on about they day with no problems are delusional.

blaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They need to watch that shit. That control from law enforcement is so tenuous. Just imagine if a group like that decided it was on on sight with the cops. They're fucked. The people outnumber you like 100 to 1. They'd have to start shooting people, which would be a terrible look.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Much like free speech, the freedom to use it doesn‘t mean freedom from consequences. If you protesting some shit and IDGAF about it then prepare to get potentially ran over if I’m on my way to work. If you say the wrong shit to me because of your right of free speech, prepare to get these hands. Know when it’s time to use either and prepare for what might happen after. :cool:
Prepare to go to jail if you run over a protester and prepare to be sued if you assault them The pendulum swings both ways.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
If administrators just ignored these college campus protests and put cell phone signal blockers near the encampments, them shits would be over in a couple days.
No way those kids would be spending very many nights with no internet access an no one paying attention.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Protesting and rioting are the last resort of the common people against the bourgeoisie and the government. It's not intended to be a civil process, as every form of civil discussion or proposed solution has been ignored, mocked, denied, and rejected. Its very nature is to advance the will of the people and impose their wants and asks, be it through force or chaos.

Ain't no such thing as a "nice" protest!
Isn't this what they taught us in Elementary school?

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
10222643utX66P3R.jpg

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

Let's see if the Palestinians come to his aid like they didn't the Indian chick that's in jail for standing for their cause. I've yet to see Palestinians ruining their lives to protest for Black causes.

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
OP is asking the wrong question in the thread title, the title should be "How Much Tyranny does a People have to Endure before They Explode?"

Did you actually read the thread? Because this has been addressed already… You are creating a false distinction.

I’m not saying there should be limits- I generally side with the protesters.
You’re missing the point… The question in this thread is which tactics are acceptable.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did you actually read the thread? Because this has been addressed already… You are creating a false distinction.
It's not a false distinction, it's a response to your thread title, straight-away. If you really believe what you're saying then change your thread title.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
It's not a false distinction, it's a response to your thread title, straight-away. If you really believe what you're saying then change your thread title.
“None” is an acceptable answer to the question, which doesn’t imply support for any limits. :smh:

Just because I didn’t use the exact words you would doesn’t make the question “wrong” or anti-protest— it’s your myopic interpretation which is wrong.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
“None” is an acceptable answer to the question, which doesn’t imply support for any limits. :smh:

Just because I didn’t use the exact words you would doesn’t make the question “wrong” or anti-protest— it’s your myopic interpretation which is wrong.
Embedded in your thread title is the idea that the onus is on the protesters when the onus isn't on what issues ignited/caused the protest to begin with.

Last edited: