What Everyone Should Know About Trayvon Martin (1995-2012)

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
What the fuck does this mean? if it weren't for Rev. Al this case would remain just an ignored local case in the Orlando area. I'll be their.

It means, don't you get sucked into medias dissolution.
To YOU specifically and every time you post Geraldo:D http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74405.html

GERALDO latches onto stories to dissolve it's importance with rhetoric, search his once credible, short lived history as a reporter...

I want proof pix too...:hmm:

Last edited:

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor

The media is responsible for creating and perpetuating the image of the Black man as “the public enemy”.
The media has not indoctrinated the image of Jewish males as the ‘face’ of most financial fraud & white collar crime in America even though statistically, the overwhelming majority of financial fraudsters have been Jewish men.

Media Propaganda Programmed Fear Of Black Men In The US

<div id="kadoo_video_container_16305165-6c3"><object height="360" width="560" id="video_detector_16305165-6c3"><param value="http://divshare.com/flash/video_flash_detector.php?data=YTo2OntzOjU6ImFwaUlkIjtzOjE6IjQiO3M6NjoiZmlsZUlkIjtpOjE2MzA1MTY1O3M6NDoiY29kZSI7czoxMjoiMTYzMDUxNjUtNmMzIjtzOjY6InVzZXJJZCI7czo3OiIxMzE0NjMzIjtzOjQ6InRpbWUiO2k6MTMyMjg4MDMxMTtzOjEyOiJleHRlcm5hbENhbGwiO2k6MTt9&autoplay=default&id=16305165-6c3" name="movie"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="opaque"></param><embed wmode="opaque" height="360" width="560" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://divshare.com/flash/video_flash_detector.php?data=YTo2OntzOjU6ImFwaUlkIjtzOjE6IjQiO3M6NjoiZmlsZUlkIjtpOjE2MzA1MTY1O3M6NDoiY29kZSI7czoxMjoiMTYzMDUxNjUtNmMzIjtzOjY6InVzZXJJZCI7czo3OiIxMzE0NjMzIjtzOjQ6InRpbWUiO2k6MTMyMjg4MDMxMTtzOjEyOiJleHRlcm5hbENhbGwiO2k6MTt9&autoplay=default&autoplay=default&id=16305165-6c3"></embed></object></div>

<hr noshade color=#"ff0000" size="8"></hr>

Lamarr

Star
Registered
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/03/26/national/a142150D15.DTL#ixzz1qGNrEvno

The mother of slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin has filed papers seeking to trademark two slogans based on his name.

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office filings by Sybrina Fulton are for the sayings "I Am Trayvon" and "Justice For Trayvon." The applications were filed last week.

The applications say the trademarks could be used for such things as DVDs and CDs. Attorneys who filed the papers did not immediately respond Monday to emails seeking comment.

Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman has claimed he shot the 17-year-old Martin in self-defense. Martin's family claims racial profiling was behind the killing, which has become a national racial flashpoint. Martin was black. Zimmerman's father is white and mother Hispanic.

nittie

Star
Registered
If you look at this case and just see race, Black vs White, it might be time to reevaluate your opinions and perspectives. It's amazing in this day and age so few people think for themselves. A few months the media had the country in a frenzy over Tim Tebow now he's been traded will open the season on the bench. Jeremy Linn, The new Jordans, Ipad see where I'm going with this.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/03/26/national/a142150D15.DTL#ixzz1qGNrEvno

The mother of slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin has filed papers seeking to trademark two slogans based on his name.

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office filings by Sybrina Fulton are for the sayings "I Am Trayvon" and "Justice For Trayvon." The applications were filed last week.

The applications say the trademarks could be used for such things as DVDs and CDs. Attorneys who filed the papers did not immediately respond Monday to emails seeking comment.

Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman has claimed he shot the 17-year-old Martin in self-defense. Martin's family claims racial profiling was behind the killing, which has become a national racial flashpoint. Martin was black. Zimmerman's father is white and mother Hispanic.

Why not? Help pay legal bills. Not everyone is paid by capitalistic leeches to support right wing causes.

Zimmerman's father is white and mother Hispanic.

Zimmerman's mother is white "Hispanic". Spanish had slaves just like the British. Some of the biggest racists in Central Florida are white Cubans.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
source: Pocho Blog

The right-wing lie machine spreads fake photo of Trayvon Martin

wNAS-620x465.jpg

Michelle Malkin’s website Twitchy featured a photo they claimed was Trayvon Martin in saggy pants, shirtless and flipping the bird contrasted right next to a photo of a cleaned-up, smiling, jacket-and-tie-wearing, respectable-looking George Zimmerman, Trayvon’s murderer. This fake photo spread like wildfire in right-wing blogosphere/twittersphere with the right-wing haters just eating it up.

After the damage was done, Twitchy offered a correction, but I can promise you the right-wing half-wits will still cling to the lie.

Of course, this is part of a wider PR effort to destroy Trayvon’s reputation. These people know no bounds of decency.

Last edited:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
source: Mediaite

A Furious Lawrence O’Donnell Interrogates Empty Chair After George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Cancels

George Zimmerman‘s attorney, one Craig Sonner, seemed a bit out of his league when he tried to answer such difficult questions from Anderson Cooper on Friday as “where is your client?” and “did he tell you what happened that night?” So it may not be that big of a shock that he canceled his appearance with Lawrence O’Donnell last-minute tonight. What may come as a surprise is that O’Donnell went on and did the segment anyway, interrogating an empty chair about who was paying its legal fees and what it feared it would have to argue to keep his client out of trouble.

The segment began with O’Donnell reporting first on some of the new developments of the Trayvon Martin story, including Zimmerman’s new claims of self-defense. He then noted that Sonner was meant to appear at the top of the hour, and not only canceled, but just “walked out of the studio”– a point that led O’Donnell into a five minute or so lecture consisting of reasons why, perhaps, Sonner wouldn’t want to appear, of assurances that he could not imagine Sonner rescheduling with O’Donnell, and O’Donnell’s assertions that Sonner could not feel particularly comfortable about his client’s chances if he wouldn’t go on the show. “He literally run away,” O’Donnell railed, “he is in our car right now taking him away from the studio.” Accusing him of “getting away with the craziest stuff any lawyer has attempted to get away with,” he warned his audience to watch him if he resurfaces anywhere else.

O’Donnell then turned to the segment his show planned with Sonner, showing the chair from which Sonner should have reported in Orlando. He did not, of course, but that did not stop O’Donnell from actually conducting his interview. He began asking questions passionately– “Who is paying you?,” “Did you represent Zimmerman in the domestic violence case in 2007?,” “Do you have photographs of your client’s broken nose that night?”– until he exhausted his list of questions, raising his voice dramatically at the empty wooden chair staring back at him helplessly from Orlando, bearing no answers.

The “interview” via MSNBC below

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/F67SLR151ZFXZTJG" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe></p>
<p style="text-align:center; margin-top:20px; clear:both;">
<a href="http://twitter.com/Mediaite"

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Why not? Help pay legal bills.

What legal bills? Be specific

Not everyone is paid by capitalistic leeches to support right wing causes.

You're right! Some just print money & give it to Solyndra as a political payoff

Zimmerman's mother is white "Hispanic". Spanish had slaves just like the British. Some of the biggest racists in Central Florida are white Cubans.

Judge a person by the content of their character, as opposed to the color of their skin. CHANGE brotha!

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What legal bills? Be specific

You think lawyers work for free? Oh, I get it only libertarians a right wingers can make money.

You're right! Some just print money & give it to Solyndra as a political payoff
...or Ron Paul paying his entire family off of campaign funds!

Judge a person by the content of their character, as opposed to the color of their skin. CHANGE brotha!

Listen to the 911 tape and then answer that question. I never shot anyone because they looked suspicious. UNDERSTAND HISTORY BROTHER! Use English.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting, the only thing the negro conservative and libertarian have to say about this is that their is a perceived attack on gun laws. Just because you have a room in the attic of the big house, doesn't mean you live on the top floor!

No. I've been on the main board advocating that Zimmerman needs to be charged.

Believe it or not, we are on the same team in this case lol.

Lets not get overboard and talk about gun laws. Zimmerman thought he was superman, and overstepped his bounds. Zimmerman should have never got out of his vehicle to confront a "suspicious" looking person. If you took a CHL class, the first thing they teach you is to NOT be a hero.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

I agree completely. But, does that mean that when the facts suggest a race-based animus, we simply ignore it to reach a color-neutral conclusion ???

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Additional facts:

• Bill Lee, the Sanford police chief who has since stepped aside, publicly insisted that there was no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman;

• In a memo posted on the City of Sanford's website, Police Chief Bill Lee stated: "Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony," [and] "By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based of the facts and circumstances they had at the time."

• According to Angela Corey, the special prosecutor that has been brought into the case: early in the investigation the Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from the Seminole County State Attorney's office;
    NOTE: the "County State Attorney" is the equivalent in some jurisdictions to the "District Attorney";​

• A Sanford Police incident report shows the case was categorized as "homicide/negligent manslaughter";

• The state attorney's office held off pending further review

• Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: "I don't know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: 'We're through with our investigation and here it is for you.' A capias is a request for charges to be filed;

• The Seminole County State Attorney's Office was consulted the night of Trayvon's killing, but no prosecutor ever visited the scene; and

• Florida Governor Rick Scott replaced Seminole State Attorney Norm Wolfinger with Corey, as special prosecutor. Corey is the state attorney for Duval, Nassau and Clay counties, based in Jacksonville, Florida.

SOURCE

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
You still didn't answer the Rev. Al statement?

Al Sharpton's track record on these monumental cases, are dispicable. Sharpton is sad, he should be equipped with professionals, trained to handle investigations, mediation, grief counseling and public relations....

I sent my nephew down to the capitol, to take pictures for me. I planted a seed in this young photographer/video producer's mind two years ago, and I am pleased with his accomplishments...

2e2dn5j.jpg

<IFRAME SRC="http://i42.tinypic.com/5oijv9.jpg" WIDTH=760 HEIGHT=500>
<A HREF="http://i42.tinypic.com/5oijv9.jpg">link</A>

</IFRAME>

<IFRAME SRC="http://i40.tinypic.com/23h58c0.jpg" WIDTH=760 HEIGHT=500>
<A HREF="http://i40.tinypic.com/23h58c0.jpg">link</A>

</IFRAME>

17tqaf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Al Sharpton's track record on these monumental cases, are dispicable. Sharpton is sad, he should be equipped with professionals, trained to handle investigations, mediation, grief counseling and public relations....

at this expense ? ? ? :smh: :smh: :smh:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I just noticed my error. I meant to type "at his expense - - instead of "at this expense.

I know a lot of people have negative impressions of Mr. Sharpton -- but do you seriously believe that he should show up paying out of his pocket for "professionals, trained to handle investigations, mediation, grief counseling and public relations" etc. ??? I can't see that.

People may call Sharpton an attention whore or worse, but, while I hear that a lot, I rarely see those who make such allegations out doing anything themselves. Like him or not, attention or whore or not, he does bring with him the ability to get an issue national attention. Just my opinion, but seems to me that it is those who benefit from that ability (all of us) that should be the parties too eager to pay for the "professionals, trained to handle investigations, mediation, grief counseling and public relations."

nittie

Star
Registered
The law is constructed in a way where a person can commit murder and claim self defense if they create the right conditions or the right argument. That's probably why the number of cases tripled since the law was enacted. The investigators should look into who Zimmerman communicated with and if there was a conspiracy among them to kill Blacks and get away with under this law.

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
Is he broke?:smh: And yes, at any expense. Money where your mouth is kinna shit... :)

mre7hz.jpg

History tells you do not fuck with Sharpton!

Sharpton was ordered to pay $65,000 in damages. He refused.The amount was ultimately paid off by friends of Sharpton’s who didn’t want him to be held in contempt.

Sharpton's Debt in Brawley Defamation Is Paid by Supporters
By ALAN FEUER
Published: June 15, 2001

More than two years after the Rev. Al Sharpton was found to have defamed a former prosecutor in the Tawana Brawley case, the $65,000 damage award entered against Mr. Sharpton by a Dutchess County jury has been paid in full.

Last week, Steven A. Pagones, a former Dutchess County assistant district attorney, received about $40,000, the last of the money owed to him by Mr. Sharpton, Mr. Pagones's lawyer said yesterday. In 1998, a state jury decided that Mr. Sharpton; Ms. Brawley's lawyers, Alton H. Maddox Jr. and C. Vernon Mason; and Ms. Brawley herself had defamed Mr. Pagones by wrongly accusing him of abducting and raping Ms. Brawley, then 15, over several days in 1987.

With the judgment, and interest, paid off, a case that has haunted Mr. Sharpton for more than a decade as he has sought to advance his position in public life has been put to rest. Although a special state grand jury concluded near the time of the incident that Ms. Brawley fabricated the account of her attack, the case became a national racial controversy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/15/n...brawley-defamation-is-paid-by-supporters.html

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Say what you want, Rev. Al is a major reason you are even talking about Trayvon's murder.

WWRPD?

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Doesn't look like Zimmerman had a broken, bloody nose soon after the incident.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GMGDNU_J5eY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. I've been on the main board advocating that Zimmerman needs to be charged.

Believe it or not, we are on the same team in this case lol.

Lets not get overboard and talk about gun laws. Zimmerman thought he was superman, and overstepped his bounds. Zimmerman should have never got out of his vehicle to confront a "suspicious" looking person. If you took a CHL class, the first thing they teach you is to NOT be a hero.

Help me out. Since you listen to Limbaugh everyday, how is he and the rest of the conservative/republican media bashing Trayvon's name?

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
Say what you want, Rev. Al is a major reason you are even talking about Trayvon's murder.

WWRPD?

How would you know LOL and where is your proof pics from the rally? Just admit you are a copy, cut and paste troll who posts on the political board...
:wakeup: Stop sleeping on reality...

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
:(:yes:

kbae55.jpg

I just noticed my error. I meant to type "at his expense - - instead of "at this expense.

I know a lot of people have negative impressions of Mr. Sharpton -- but do you seriously believe that he should show up paying out of his pocket for "professionals, trained to handle investigations, mediation, grief counseling and public relations" etc. ??? I can't see that.

People may call Sharpton an attention whore or worse, but, while I hear that a lot, I rarely see those who make such allegations out doing anything themselves. Like him or not, attention or whore or not, he does bring with him the ability to get an issue national attention. Just my opinion, but seems to me that it is those who benefit from that ability (all of us) that should be the parties too eager to pay for the "professionals, trained to handle investigations, mediation, grief counseling and public relations."

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How would you know LOL and where is your proof pics from the rally? Just admit you are a copy, cut and paste troll who posts on the political board...
:wakeup: Stop sleeping on reality...

Where did you find out about Trayvon's murder? While you were posting bullshit about the republicans wanting to impeach President Obama, you didn't even comment on it until I mentioned it to you.

BTW, how are the impeachment hearings going?

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
Where did you find out about Trayvon's murder? While you were posting bullshit about the republicans wanting to impeach President Obama, you didn't even comment on it until I mentioned it to you.

BTW, how are the impeachment hearings going?

I have several sources, in the immediate vicinity...;)

Did you take High School Government? Did you pass? You should know how these proceedings work...

This is why I tell you to think and research, BEFORE you let your emotions get the best of you.Your accusations are unfounded and irrational.

Now, my time in this thread has elapsed. Thanks for the invite but there is nothing else to be said here.

Justice will prevail!

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have several sources, in the immediate vicinity...;)

Did you take High School Government? Did you pass? You should know how these proceedings work...

This is why I tell you to think and research, BEFORE you let your emotions get the best of you.Your accusations are unfounded and irrational.

Now, my time in this thread has elapsed. Thanks for the invite but there is nothing else to be said here.

Justice will prevail!

:lol:

High School Government?

So much for the extent of your knowledge.

Didn't mean to run you off!

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
source: Huffington Post

Trayvon Martin's Email And Facebook Accounts Allegedly Hacked By White Supremacist

A white supremacist hacker claims to have broken into Trayvon Martin's email and social networking accounts and posted his private messages online.

"I realize that some of this information might be to [sic] extreme to believe," a hacker named Klanklannon wrote, according to Gawker, which has an original copy of the message thread posted to the popular, unruly message board 4chan. "That's why I offer you evidence. Here are my sources."

Editor's note: Some readers may find language in this article objectionable.

A slide posted to the message board titled "Trayvon Martin Used Marijuana Habitually," apparently shows a conversation between Martin and a friend about getting high. Another alleged that Martin was a drug dealer and showed a picture of Martin standing "aggressively with a large amount of cash in his hand."

Gawker reported that Klankannon shared several of Martin's usernames and email accounts on the thread. The hacker also said that the passwords had been changed to racist slurs like "******************" and "coontrayvon******."

Martin, 17, was shot and killed by self-appointed neighborhood watch member George Zimmerman as Martin returned to his father's house in Sanford, Fla., on the night of Feb. 26. Zimmerman claimed that Martin looked "suspicious" in a 911 call. Not long after the call, Martin and Zimmerman engaged in a fight, and Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest. Zimmerman was not charged in the shooting, which has sparked a national outcry and drawn considerable media attention.

A much-circulated photo of a grimacing teen with his middle finger extended -- that many right-leaning sites have suggested is the Trayvon Martin the "mainstream media" does not want the public to see -- was also originally circulated on the white supremacist site stormfront.org, according to the Columbia Journalism Review. The person in that photo was not Martin, but another teenager who shared the name.

Slate's political reporter Dave Weigel, who has long covered the conservative movement, said that the misattributed photo was "part of a new cottage industry of 'truth about Trayvon' content, calibrated to convince people that they really shouldn't worry about the implications of this killing."

"Why, the kid wasn't even a saint!" Weigel said of the logic of such conservative sites. "He might have been shot after brawling with the man who creeply [sic] followed him around the gated community?"

But Gawker's Adrian Chen wrote that the attempts to smear Martin have backfired "because the picture they paint is of a normal high school junior preparing for college."
A screenshot of Trayvon's Gmail inbox our source provided us is heartbreaking. Martin apparently used his Gmail account for his college search, and it's filled with emails about upcoming SAT tests and scholarship applications. ("Trayvon, now is the best time to take the SATs!") One email included the results of a career aptitude test, our source said. It "talked about his interest in aeronautics and stuff."
This is not the first time Martin's online life has made the news. Earlier this week, conservative site Daily Caller obtained and posted messages from Martin's since-deleted Twitter account that date back to the beginning of the year. When The Huffington Post talked to the Caller's executive editor, David Martosko, who published Martin's tweets under his byline, Martosko said that he did so because his audience was hungry for information about the Martin shooting and the two people involved.

"These were not protected tweets," Martosko said. "While he was alive, these were not outside of the public sphere in any shape or form."

Martosko said that the Caller ran Martin's tweets "without value judgment," and would that he would publish Zimmerman's tweets if he was made aware of an account opened and used by Zimmerman.

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor

I’ve personally known Al Sharpton since 1972. We both attended Tilden High School in Brooklyn NY. Back then he stood out because he was the only student in the school that wore a suit & tie to school most of the time. In the ensuing 39 years I’ve interacted with him at Democratic party conventions, police brutality hearings, Jesse Jackson’s “Black Wall Street” conferences, etc. Any person who is in “the reality based world” — and therefore acknowledges the existence of “white supremacy” and institutional racism, who summarily dismisses Al Sharpton’s career with the pejoratives “poverty pimp”, “racial arsonist” etc. — belies any pretense to the claim of sanity.

If you are a Black New Yorker and you have been propagandized by the white media into having disdain and contempt for Al Sharpton let’s do an experiment. Let us make believe that from 1980 to the present that there was NO Al Sharpton in New York City. I’m not going to recount the dozens of cases of police brutality and murder committed by the NYPD (New York Police Department) ; especially during the reign of terror of mayor Giuliani. During this time let’s assume that one night your phone rings and you find out that your loved one has been shot 41 or 51 times by the New York Police or that the NYPD has arrested your loved one on a minor charge and now that person is in the hospital in the intensive care unit or a member of the NYPD has stuck a stick up the rectum of your loved one and ripped his guts out.

The media and the mayor step to the microphone and say that what happened is “a tragedy but not a crime”; and then proceed to try to quickly turn the page and talk about something else — anything else! As far as they are concerned your family member is just another wounded or dead niĝĝer in the war against “the public enemy”- Black males. Absent Al Sharpton, who would you call to prevent your family member’s murder from becoming just another statistic?? You going to call your congress person??, Your US Senator??, Your local assembly person or alderman?? What the fuck are they going to do? Nothing! They will send you a letter of condolence and tell you to contact the NYPD review board.

Right now in this Trayvon Martin case, remember Trayvon was murdered over a month ago, who should the parents of Trayvon contacted in Florida after the murder of their son?? Should they of contacted the NAACP, the Urban League – who? This is why Al Sharpton exists. If he didn’t exist Black people in America would have to quickly create an “Al Sharpton”. Remove an “Al Sharpton” type person from the national scene and you have an empty void. That empty void exposes the impotence of the traditional civil rights organizations. Despite any mistakes Al Sharpton has made during his career of activism he is an indispensable voice and force. As far as who has been the main financial supporters of Al Sharpton over the years, it has been the Black bourgeois and the small Black elite. People like Earl Graves Sr., the chairman of 'Black Enterprise'; Ed Lewis, the publisher of 'Essence' magazine; Berry Gordy of Motown fame, Dick Parsons former CEO of Time Warner, Ken Chenault CEO of American Express, the late James Brown, Prince, Jay-Z, P-Diddy etc. etc. I have financially contributed to Sharpton along with thousands of other Black people who consider themselves members of what W.E.B. DuBois called “the talented tenth”. We are the people who paid the financial $$$$ judgement that "the system" said Sharpton owed in a defamation suit. Brother and Sisters working in corporate America in ivory towers who know that when they leave the office tower, and take off their “robes –of-ambition” (suits & ties) , and put on their jeans, sneakers and a baseball cap — they know they or the children could also be shot down by police or a predator like Zimmerman solely because of the amount of melanin in their skin.

Now Al Sharpton has an international platform due to his cable television show. He now also has an annual $700,000 dollar paycheck. He got that TV gig because he helped the majority owner of NBC/ MSNBC, Comcast get the FCC (Federal Communications Commission} approval to buy NBC. He negotiated his contract with NBC with the stipulation that any “activism” that he may get involved with such as the current Trayvon Martin case not preclude him bringing that activism onto his television show. As a consequence of this the whole world now knows who Trayvon Martin is. I have a friend who’s in Hong Kong and on the front page of the local English language newspaper is the Trayvon Martin story. Say what-you-will, without an “Al Sharpton” Trayvon Martin’s murder would just be another murder of a “public enemy” niĝĝer.

Don't like Al Sharpton? Who else is stepping up? Who else is "taking it to the streets"? No one else is prevented from stepping up. No one else is prevented from using their television show to highlight injustice.

91098145-standing-ground.jpg

berek01.gif

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Zimmerman's Version:

• On Feb. 26, Zimmerman said that he was on his way to the grocery store when he spotted Trayvon walking through his gated community.

• When Zimmerman first spotted Trayvon, he called police and reported a suspicious person, describing Trayvon as black, acting strangely and perhaps on drugs.

• Zimmerman got out of his SUV to follow Trayvon on foot. When a dispatch employee asked Zimmerman if he was following the 17-year-old, Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman he did not need to do that.

>>There is about a one-minute gap during which police say they're not sure what happened.<<

• Zimmerman told Police he lost sight of Trayvon.

• Zimmerman had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from behind (from the left rear); the two exchanged words:

• - Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem.

• - Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

• - Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose sending him to the ground, and began beating him according to the account he gave police.

• - Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

• Zimmerman began yelling for help.

• - Several witnesses heard those cries, and there has been a dispute about whether they came from Zimmerman or Trayvon.

• - Lawyers for Trayvon's family say it was Trayvon.

• - Police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.

• One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

• Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest at very close range, according to authorities.

• When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

• Paramedics gave him first aid but he said he did not need to go to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

Extracted from: Police: Zimmerman says Trayvon decked him with one blow then began hammering his head

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel, March 26, 2012

`

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Version of an Anonymous Witness:

• An anonymous witness saw two men on top of each other on the ground, heard yelling and then two loud pops

• The witness did not know which man was on top but saw one get up and the other — later identified as Trayvon — face down dead on the ground.

• A man, later identified as Zimmerman, put his hand to his head after getting up but did not appear injured.

• It was dark, and the witness — who was watching from a side view — could not tell which man pulled the trigger or see clearly during the struggle, which happened on the grass in the rain.

• The person saw no blood.

• The person had closed the window because it was raining but opened it to hear better when the witness realized the voices were not people talking while walking their dogs as usual.

SOURCE: The Palm Beach Post

Friday, March 30, 2012