USA Basketball will NOT win Gold.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Basketball heads, what's the TLDR?

Stars don't wanna play or is American younger talent just lacking?

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well they outright losing this game now. 73-79. They gonna need another bailout by AR or Edwards. Luck eventually gonna run out.

They should have recruited Trae Young. How is Luka starring for Slovenia yet Trae ain't even on Team USA.

Comedy of errors by Grant Hill and make no mistake he is to blame for this shitshow.

Luck ran out

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Trae young doesn't get assists?

What they have currently is working so well for them.
He gets assists as a ball dominant PG. The Hawks made that team to allow him to do that cause he still hasn't shown himself to be a guy who can play off ball. On a team like this he would have to cause Ingram is best with the ball in his hands so is Ant as well as Brunson and Haliburton(who are way better off ball than Trae).

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He gets assists as a ball dominant PG. The Hawks made that team to allow him to do that cause he still hasn't shown himself to be a guy who can play off ball. On a team like this he would have to cause Ingram is best with the ball in his hands so is Ant as well as Brunson and Haliburton(who are way better off ball than Trae).

Well we see the results with those guys at the helm.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Well we see the results with those guys at the helm.
I don't think that Trae is a bad player at all but I see why someone wouldn't want him on a team like this.

BTW Isn't Grant Hill an executive with the Hawks? May be some carryover from Nate McMillan getting fired

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think that Trae is a bad player at all but I see why someone wouldn't want him on a team like this.

BTW Isn't Grant Hill an executive with the Hawks? May be some carryover from Nate McMillan getting fired

Yeah he is. Probably shut him down to keep him healthy for an upcoming blockbuster trade.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's mainly because of his size and him being a defensive liability.

I think he would've done well with his shooting an playmaking ability.

But he also may rub some the wrong way and they just don't like him.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Next one, they need to experiment with college kids. I bet we will get a better result.
college kids were sent to compete on the world stage at the olympics up to 1991. From 1992 to current we've been sending NBA players. The United States has medaled in 19 Olympics, winning 16 gold medals, one sliver and two bronze since the first Games were held in 1936. I don't think the college kids will do well now. The world talent pool has risen greatly.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
If they wanted to win they would have at least had one legit center on the squad.

The US doesn't take FIBA serious. They've only won the tournament three times since 1994, the rest of the world 5 times. It's not really what we get up for.

I still remember LordSinister's Kobe Stan ass hanging the 2006 FIBA loss on 21 year old LeBron and labeling him Bronze for years off it like it was a huge let down. :smh: Going by that logic, 22 year old Ant Edwards should be Bronze Edwards until he wins a chip, this failure is on him and stains his legacy. :dunno:

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
F5g8HkxXUAADwLp

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is the only "World" Champion on the USA Basketball Team.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL3VzYWItY29tLXByb2QvdXBsb2FkLzIwMjMvMDgvMDgvMmU2YTJhOGItY2QyZS00MTE4LWI1M2EtZDA0MzU0YzE0NGMxLkpQRw.png

And before this tournament this "World" Championship Team that is currently playing in the Philippines had 0 experience and 0 games played against international competition.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Not surprised I woke up to a L :dunno:

Why didn't Banchero and Jackson play

Dillion Brooks had his best shooting game ever :eek2:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Epic fail by Grant Hill, Kerr, and ultimately the players.

Changes should be strong and swift.

I've already said my piece on who should be on the team...

What changes would you like to see?

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Epic fail by Grant Hill, Kerr, and ultimately the players.

Changes should be strong and swift.

I've already said my piece on who should be on the team...

What changes would you like to see?

Word is they're trying to get Embiid

Embiid and Bam will secure the center spot. That's the biggest thing with the lack of rebounding.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
The US doesn't take FIBA serious. They've only won the tournament three times since 1994, the rest of the world 5 times. It's not really what we get up for.

I still remember LordSinister's Kobe Stan ass hanging the 2006 FIBA loss on 21 year old LeBron and labeling him Bronze for years off it like it was a huge let down. :smh: Going by that logic, 22 year old Ant Edwards should be Bronze Edwards until he wins a chip, this failure is on him and stains his legacy. :dunno:
Who would win between this year's squad and LeBronze's team?