Un-American; Un-Patriotic ???

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="3">
This is not in support of the Democratic Party.

And this isn't meant to be against the Republican Party.

BUT,

I couldn't help but recall in the aftermath of 9-11 how many, a LARGE many, in the Republican Party were quick to label those who:

- Opposed their views on Iraq;

- Opposed their views on personal surveillance in the U.S.; and/or

- Supported anti-war causes;​
as Un-American and/or Un-Patriotic.

Now, is it fair (if its ever fair) to label as un-American and/or un-Patriotic those who vigorously oppose President Obama's various stimulus measures and refuse to accept any benefit therefrom to the detriment of many of the people they represent, districts that they claim to serve and, perhaps, the nation as a whole

? ? ?

If the shoe was on the other foot, would the Republicans be yelling un-American and/or Un-Patriotic if the Democrats were doing to them what they are now doing to the Democrats

? ? ?

</font size>

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Typical political rhetoric.

I don't like either side when they do this. However, whenever you talk about cutting our defense, it does make me wonder....

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
So you think people who are opposed to

*wars fought over made up intelligence and lies to the American people and the world
*violation of American's civil rights

and who engage in

*the use of free speech to oppose the prior two issues

are the same as people

*who have the world on the brink of socio-economic collapse through their participation/orchestration in the gross mismanagement of our nation's economy

*who oppose any real economic initiatives to stem the current collapse on a purely partisan basis

* who can offer no reasoning behind their objection based on real economic theory

*who have no alternative to the plans they reject

?

Are people who call the police to report crimes or write articles about crime comparable to people who go out and find ambulances en route to trauma victims and intentionally crash into them?

If the protests to the plan are done in good faith- not just protesting for the sake of protesting- then of course they shouldnt be labeled unpatriotic etc
But if the nation literally - not made up fictional evidence here - literally is undergoing a economic collapse that has spread to the entire PLANET- and all you do is object to everything because of partisan strategy and you don't offer up shit in return what do you call them? Economic terrorists? Retarded patriots?

Okay theyre retarded misguided ill-informed patriots.

Mufuckas forget that 35 days ago the GOP had the presidency and the entire world had no faith in him and he couldnt and didnt try to do shit to stop the crisis.
What did Bush do while the economy collapsed?
Paulson and Bernanke did some things after shit collapsed but where was Bush and the GOP when shit was headed south?
Auctioning off land leases for less than market value
Gutting the FDA
Editing Scientific Studies from NASA and the EPA

What do you call an American who tries to destroy America directly and indirectly? A patriot?
All GOPers arent a party to that shit - Dems were/are involved too.

I guess I need to be shown how what the GOP "NO" Campaign is doing is patriotic cuz I dont see it. I would probably classify it as unproductive rather than unpatriotic.
I see them as being more of a party of morons and assholes than as a party of non-patriots.

Last edited:

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor

I don't like either side when they do this. However, whenever you talk about cutting our defense, it does make me wonder....

So you must really hate it whn people actually are cutting our defense - like gutting our troops and reserves and having hundreds of thousands of casualties in a war initiated on lies to the American people while wasting trillions of dollars and thousands of trained military personnel's lives?

Yeah those kinds of defense cuts are buckwild

MaccaM

Potential Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So you think opposition to

*wars fought over made up intelligence and lies to the American people and the world

and

are the same as people

*who have the world on the brink of socio-economic collapse through their participation/orchestration in the gross mismanagement of our nation's economy

*who oppose any real economic initiatives to stem the current collapse on a purely partisan basis

* who can offer no reasoning behind their objection based on real economic theory

?

Are people who call the police to report crimes or write articles about crime comparable to people who go out and find ambulances en route to trauma victims and intentionally crash into them?

If the protests to the plan are done in good faith- not just protesting for the sake of protesting- then of course they shouldnt be labeled unpatriotic etc
But if the nation literally - not made up fictional evidence here - literally is undergoing a economic collapse that has spread to the entire PLANET- and all you do is object to everything because of partisan strategy and you don't offer up shit in return what do you call them? Economic terrorists? Retarded patriots?

Mufuckas forget that 35 days ago the GOP had the presidency and the entire world had no faith in him and he couldnt and didnt try to do shit to stop the crisis.
Paulson and Bernanke did some things after shit collapsed but where was Bush and the GOP when shit was headed south?
Gutting the FDA

What do you call an American who tries to destroy America directly and indirectly? A patriot?

I guess I need to be shown how what the GOP "NO" Campaign is doing is patriotic cuz I dont see it. I would probably classify it as unproductive rather than unpatriotic.
I see them as being more of a party of morons and assholes than as a party of non-patriots.

C/S!

Very Well Said.

Greed

Star
Registered
So you think people who are opposed to

and who engage in

are the same as people

?

Gutting the FDA

The reality is you're scared but that doesn't make what you are scared of a reality. The country nor the world was ever on the verge of economic collapse. The reality is it's a recession. One of many in the history of this country and the world. This country has even had more than one depression and not once has the world or our way of life been threatened by anything other than politicians trying to convince us it's worse than what it actually is, and usually the politicians' dire predictions only came true becuase they did alot of stupid things like trade wars and tax increases that made it true.

There is no evidence of a death spiral or an awaiting catastrophe. There was never any evidence of companies not being able to make payroll or even a credit crunch to credit worthy individuals.

So if you acknowledge a recession and not a catastrophe, then why you support government committing, insuring, or spending $12 trillion of taxpayer money over a two year period?

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
<font size="3">
This is not in support of the Democratic Party.

And this isn't meant to be against the Republican Party.

BUT,

I couldn't help but recall in the aftermath of 9-11 how many, a LARGE many, in the Republican Party were quick to label those who:

- Opposed their views on Iraq;

- Opposed their views on personal surveillance in the U.S.; and/or

- Supported anti-war causes;​
as Un-American and/or Un-Patriotic.

Now, is it fair (if its ever fair) to label as un-American and/or un-Patriotic those who vigorously oppose President Obama's various stimulus measures and refuse to accept any benefit therefrom to the detriment of many of the people they represent, districts that they claim to serve and, perhaps, the nation as a whole

? ? ?

If the shoe was on the other foot, would the Republicans be yelling un-American and/or Un-Patriotic if the Democrats were doing to them what they are now doing to the Democrats

? ? ?

</font size>

From what I've seen over the past years, GOPs & Right-winged supporters have used "un-American and/or Un-Patriotic" like a gun with a hair trigger.

Last edited:

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
The reality is you're scared but that doesn't make what you are scared of a reality. The country nor the world was ever on the verge of economic collapse. The reality is it's a recession. One of many in the history of this country and the world. This country has even had more than one depression and not once has the world or our way of life been threatened by anything other than politicians trying to convince us it's worse than what it actually is, and usually the politicians' dire predictions only came true becuase they did alot of stupid things like trade wars and tax increases that made it true.

There is no evidence of a death spiral or an awaiting catastrophe. There was never any evidence of companies not being able to make payroll or even a credit crunch to credit worthy individuals.

So if you acknowledge a recession and not a catastrophe, then why you support government committing, insuring, or spending $12 trillion of taxpayer money over a two year period?

You can say anything you like about what is and what isn't happening but you are an anonymous person on the internet posting no evidence.

This is a United States Congressmen in charge of capital market oversight and he says you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/pD8viQ_DhS4&fmt=18[/flash]
Go to 2:20
Please provide evidence that Rep Kanjorski is lying about the electronic run Sep. 15.

So youre calling the Capital Markets Subcommittee Chair a liar.

Provide evidence that he is lying or find some other way to make your point.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Time to pay the piper and enter the economy thru market forces instead of being propped up by the military industrial complex.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8y06NSBBRtY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8y06NSBBRtY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

source: Buzzflash

GOP fights against stimulus, yet Red States get way more federal money than Blue States. Ironic or Hypocritical?

A BUZZFLASH NEWS ANALYSIS
by Chad Rubel

There is a lot of money at stake in the "Main Street Job Creation Act" to improve the financial status of states: Money to help states pay their bills, plus projects to improve a state's infrastructure.

With a few exceptions on both sides of the aisle, Democrats are in favor of a domestic stimulus package and Republicans are against this idea.

There has even been the idea that senators from states who aren't interested in the stimulus package shouldn't receive the money.

But that is where things get interesting. Turns out that the states that voted for John McCain in 2008 by and large get way more money in federal outlays than they pay in taxes.

The Tax Foundation broke down the fiscal 2005 numbers and ranked the states based on federal outlays vs. how much tax money was sent to Washington.

While New Mexico, a blue state in 2008, ranked first, the states that finished 2-9 are all states that voted for John McCain: Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, and Kentucky.

By contrast, the bottom 10 states (in order from 41-50) -- Colorado, New York, California, Delaware, Illinois, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Nevada, and New Jersey -- all voted for Barack Obama. In fact, all but one of the states that pays more tax than receive in outlays -- Texas (35) -- voted for Obama.

Virginia (10) and Maryland (18) do get more money due to significant federal employment. But the only other blue states in the top 20 were Hawai'i (12) and Maine (13). The red states rounding off the top 20 were Montana (11), Arkansas (14), Oklahoma (15), South Carolina (16), Missouri (17), Tennessee (19), and Idaho (20).

The Tax Foundation points out that the numbers aren't perfect since money may go to a company in a state, and then later, some of that money goes to another state. But the contrast is so daunting that clearly there is a discrepancy.

No wonder that Republicans are happy with the status quo. Southern "red" states make up 5 states in the top 10 and half of the top 20. Given that McCain won 22 states, 15 of those states finished in the top 20.

The states that voted for Barack Obama clearly have been neglected when it comes to federal funds vs. taxes sent to Washington. This stimulus package can do a lot toward making those numbers a bit more balanced. And the ones who are already getting the money are standing in the way.

Last edited:

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Time to pay the piper and enter the economy thru market forces instead of being propped up by the military industrial complex.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8y06NSBBRtY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8y06NSBBRtY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

source: Buzzflash

GOP fights against stimulus, yet Red States get way more federal money than Blue States. Ironic or Hypocritical?

A BUZZFLASH NEWS ANALYSIS
by Chad Rubel

There is a lot of money at stake in the "Main Street Job Creation Act" to improve the financial status of states: Money to help states pay their bills, plus projects to improve a state's infrastructure.

With a few exceptions on both sides of the aisle, Democrats are in favor of a domestic stimulus package and Republicans are against this idea.

There has even been the idea that senators from states who aren't interested in the stimulus package shouldn't receive the money.

But that is where things get interesting. Turns out that the states that voted for John McCain in 2008 by and large get way more money in federal outlays than they pay in taxes.

The Tax Foundation broke down the fiscal 2005 numbers and ranked the states based on federal outlays vs. how much tax money was sent to Washington.

While New Mexico, a blue state in 2008, ranked first, the states that finished 2-9 are all states that voted for John McCain: Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, and Kentucky.

By contrast, the bottom 10 states (in order from 41-50) -- Colorado, New York, California, Delaware, Illinois, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Nevada, and New Jersey -- all voted for Barack Obama. In fact, all but one of the states that pays more tax than receive in outlays -- Texas (35) -- voted for Obama.

Virginia (10) and Maryland (18) do get more money due to significant federal employment. But the only other blue states in the top 20 were Hawai'i (12) and Maine (13). The red states rounding off the top 20 were Montana (11), Arkansas (14), Oklahoma (15), South Carolina (16), Missouri (17), Tennessee (19), and Idaho (20).

The Tax Foundation points out that the numbers aren't perfect since money may go to a company in a state, and then later, some of that money goes to another state. But the contrast is so daunting that clearly there is a discrepancy.

No wonder that Republicans are happy with the status quo. Southern "red" states make up 5 states in the top 10 and half of the top 20. Given that McCain won 22 states, 15 of those states finished in the top 20.

The states that voted for Barack Obama clearly have been neglected when it comes to federal funds vs. taxes sent to Washington. This stimulus package can do a lot toward making those numbers a bit more balanced. And the ones who are already getting the money are standing in the way.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with Eisenhower's theory on military industry.

The reason is this, they only true way of successfully negotiating peace is through strength and know how. I believe in the Reagan/Teddy Roosevelt ideology of only negotiate when you have the upper hand. When everyone is on the same level, that creates friction. *I.E. World War 1* Education, and National Defense should always be the priority of our government. Everything else is expendable.

There's no need for social security, welfare, income taxes, stimulus packages, ect if you cannot defend yourself.

Education keeps new ideals rolling in to make new industries through our capitalist system. It's a symbolic circle.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm going to respectfully disagree with Eisenhower's theory on military industry.

The reason is this, they only true way of successfully negotiating peace is through strength and know how. I believe in the Reagan/Teddy Roosevelt ideology of only negotiate when you have the upper hand. <SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">When everyone is on the same level, that creates friction.</SPAN> *I.E. World War 1* Education, and National Defense should always be the priority of our government. Everything else is expendable.

There's no need for social security, welfare, income taxes, stimulus packages, ect if you cannot defend yourself.

Education keeps new ideals rolling in to make new industries through our capitalist system. It's a symbolic circle.

Now you’re revealing how you have become indoctrinated. Sexual inadequacy.

Cipha

Potential Star
Registered

Fail

It's amazing to me how so many Ron Paul enthusiasts, become eerily silent on his views on defense spending and foreign policy. It seems that people on the left like Ron Paul when he talks about foreign policy but folks on the right like him for everything else BUT foreign policy. He even drew deaf ears at this year's CPAC on his foreign policy criticisms. If it were up to Ron Paul, defense spending would probably be cut over half of what it is now. After all defense spending is SPENDING.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fail

It's amazing to me how so many Ron Paul enthusiasts, become eerily silent on his views on defense spending and foreign policy. It seems that people on the left like Ron Paul when he talks about foreign policy but folks on the right like him for everything else BUT foreign policy. He even drew deaf ears at this year's CPAC on his foreign policy criticisms. If it were up to Ron Paul, defense spending would probably be cut over half of what it is now. After all defense spending is SPENDING.

First of all, who said I was a Ron Paul supporter? I agree with him on some issues, but when it comes to defense, he is nuts in my opinion.

Please get your facts right about Mr. Actin.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now you’re revealing how you have become indoctrinated. Sexual inadequacy.

Really? You going to go that route?

I wouldn't think that you would be worry about how I perform in bed. I guess since you can't beat my ideals you have to try to make some shit up. Typical far left bs!

Now I'm convince that you have some gay tendencies. Did you let everyone know that you support gay marriage? Straight dudes don't support gay marriage like that. In fact, why don't you post a big story talking about how your "shipmates" are struggling because they don't get "equal" rights? Go ahead, go to the main board and post a gay rights thread and see what would happen.

*awaits him to go find my myspace page like there's something shocking about that. Thoughtone the new Man googler!!!*

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Really? You going to go that route?

I wouldn't think that you would be worry about how I perform in bed. I guess since you can't beat my ideals you have to try to make some shit up. Typical far left bs!

Now I'm convince that you have some gay tendencies. Did you let everyone know that you support gay marriage? Straight dudes don't support gay marriage like that. In fact, why don't you post a big story talking about how your "shipmates" are struggling because they don't get "equal" rights? Go ahead, go to the main board and post a gay rights thread and see what would happen.

*awaits him to go find my myspace page like there's something shocking about that. Thoughtone the new Man googler!!!*

Ideas? Next time you parrot Rush or Michael Reagan, post the facts that back up the rhetoric. Notice I general do that. And I still say if you feel that you have to above somebody to exist peacefully with them, then you are probably lack somewhere. That is Fascism and we know who the biggest fascists were!

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Fail

Good point Cipha!

I would just add that it's unpopular speech that needs to be protected as outlined in the first amendment. Paul protects this, as did JFK! Recently, IMO, Karl Rove has been able to label people Un-patriotic if you don't support 'W' against the 'evil terrorists' the same way as some in Obama's camp label you a racist if you don't support his agenda, sorry just bein real!

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ideas? Next time you parrot Rush or Michael Reagan, post the facts that back up the rhetoric. Notice I general do that. And I still say if you feel that you have to above somebody to exist peacefully with them, then you are probably lack somewhere. That is Fascism and we know who the biggest fascists were!

dude, you simply do not understand what I'm saying.

When I'm talking about negotiating, I'm talking about countries that are hostile towards the United States as a policy. You do not suppose to negotiate with your enemy if your enemy feels that he has the upper hand. That tends to make bad moves. You have to have this "If you do this, then this will happen" and be really honest about the shit. I'm not talking about being a bully just to be a bully. However, if country wanna jump up, we need to have the means to knock their bitch ass back down to size. Fuck all of that weak shit you are talking about!

I know you got your ass kicked in school didn't you!! :lol::lol:

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good point Cipha!

I would just add that it's unpopular speech that needs to be protected as outlined in the first amendment. Paul protects this, as did JFK! Recently, IMO, Karl Rove has been able to label people Un-patriotic if you don't support 'W' against the 'evil terrorists' the same way as some in Obama's camp label you a racist if you don't support his agenda, sorry just bein real!

this is why I don't like that type of rhetoric.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good point Cipha!

I would just add that it's unpopular speech that needs to be protected as outlined in the first amendment. Paul protects this, as did JFK! Recently, IMO,<SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">Karl Rove has been able to label people Un-patriotic if you don't support 'W' against the 'evil terrorists' the same way</SPAN>as some in Obama's camp label you a racist if you don't support his agenda, sorry just bein real!

Go back futher. You claim to be a college graduate.

1934–1975 - House Committee on Un-American Activities

Counter Intelligence Program (COINTELPRO)

Nixon’s Enemies List

Lee Atwater

Just to name a few.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nixon’s Enemies List

Lee Atwater

Just to name a few.

funny that you did not mention any Democrats.

Oh right!!! Democrats cannot be corrupted right?

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dude, you simply do not understand what I'm saying.

When I'm talking about negotiating, I'm talking about countries that are hostile towards the United States as a policy. You do not suppose to negotiate with your enemy if your enemy feels that he has the upper hand. That tends to make bad moves. You have to have this "If you do this, then this will happen" and be really honest about the shit. I'm not talking about being a bully just to be a bully. However, if country wanna jump up, we need to have the means to knock their bitch ass back down to size. Fuck all of that weak shit you are talking about!

I know you got your ass kicked in school didn't you!! :lol::lol:

Again, we are so bad that the greatest war machine the earth has ever produced cannot defeat a scattered bunch of third world, not even armies. The cold war is over. You are way too young to be influenced by 1950s thinking.

Partial_Mathers

Star
Registered
You name them.

Barack Obama - kicked all other contenders off ballot in IL to get into the senate & is Israel's slave
Nancy Pelosi - got elected promising she'd end the 2 illegal wars/impeach bush, yet continually votes to extend and increase funding for them
Chuck Schumer - wants guns and free speech banned/Fairness doctrine enacted
http://sheikyermami.com/2008/11/15/chuck-schumer-asshole-of-the-month/
Barney Frank - ran gay prostitute service out of his home
Harry Reid
Chuck Dodd - got sweetheart deals from countrywide
Charles Rangel - didn't pay on over 75 Gs in taxes
Eric Holder - covered up American gov'ts role in OKC
Hillary Clinton - supported NAFTA/WTO/Communist China
Bill Clinton - sold our nuke secrets to China/North Korea
Lyndon B. Johnson - intentionally ordered the hit on USS Liberty, killing our troops
Conyers
daschle

all of the above, minus LBJ, also support the Patriot Act and/or are Zionist extremists

Democrats created the KKK,

the list goes on 4ever, Kucinich is probably the only good Dem, even then it's prolly just an act

Last edited:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Barack Obama - kicked all other contenders off ballot in IL to get into the senate & Israel's slave
Nancy Pelosi - got elected promising she'd end the 2 illegal wars/impeach bush
Chuck Schumer - wants guns banned/Fairness doctrine
Barney Frank - ran gay prostitute service out of his home
Harry Reid
Chuck Dodd - hot sweetheart deals from countrywide
Charles Rangel - doesn't pay on over 75 Gs in taxes
Eric Holder - covered up American gov'ts role in OKC
Hillary Clinton - supported NAFTA/WTO/Communist China
Bill Clinton - sold our nuke secrets to China/North Korea
Lyndon B. Johnson - intentionally ordered the hit on USS Liberty, killing our troops

all of the above, minus LBJ, also support the Patriot Act and/or are Zionist extremists

Democrats created the KKK,

the list goes on 4ever, Kucinich is probably the only good Dem, even then it's prolly just an act

Read the thread Where are the Un-Patriotic labels. Politicians in general are corrupt, conservatives label you un-American to win!

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nixon’s Enemies List

Lee Atwater

Just to name a few.

now if its 1934, wouldn't that mean FDR made/approved of the house committee?

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Read the thread Where are the Un-Patriotic labels. Politicians in general are corrupt, conservatives label you un-American to win!

Conservatives label you Un-American, Democrats label you racist. Is that a fair statement?

Thought, How much credit could you give the media in shaping the parameters of the arguments, just a percentage? I would go out on a limb and say most people wants the govt to leave them alone. Stop listenin to my phone calls, end the Wars, and ENFORCE THE LAW (that goes for politicians, bankers, police and heads of corporations). Look around, no one is accountable for shit anymore! You want change, just enforce the law!

IMO, its all a distraction to undermine your freedoms given by the Bill of Rights. The simple question is: Are the politicians protecting the Bill of Rights or Are they attacking them? And we already know what the last guy did to the 4th Amendment! peace

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yet cointelpro was made by the mostly democratic house of 1934 LOL

NEXT ARGUMENT!!!!

What? I'm through trying to educate you.

History

COINTELPRO began in 1956 and was designed to "increase factionalism, cause disruption and win defections" inside the Communist Party U.S.A. (CPUSA). However, the program was soon enlarged to include disruption of the Socialist Workers Party (1961), the Ku Klux Klan (1964), the Nation of Islam, the Black Panther Party (1967), and the entire New Left socio-political movement, which included antiwar, community, and religious groups (1968). A later investigation by the Senate's Church Committee (see below) stated that "COINTELPRO began in 1956, in part because of frustration with Supreme Court rulings limiting the Government's power to proceed overtly against dissident groups..."[7] Congress and several court cases[8] later concluded that the COINTELPRO operations against communist and socialist groups exceeded statutory limits on FBI activity and violated Constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech and association.

The program was secret until 1971, when an FBI field office in Media, PA was burgled by a group of left-wing radicals calling themselves the Citizens' Commission to Investigate the FBI. Several dossiers of files were taken and the information passed to news agencies, many of which initially refused to publish the information. Within the year, Director Hoover declared that the centralized COINTELPRO was over, and that all future counterintelligence operations would be handled on a case-by-case basis.[9]

Further documents were revealed in the course of separate lawsuits filed against the FBI by NBC correspondent Carl Stern, the Socialist Workers Party, and a number of other groups. A major investigation was launched in 1976 by the Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities of the United States Senate, commonly referred to as the "Church Committee" for its chairman, Senator Frank Church of Idaho. However, millions of pages of documents remain unreleased, and many released documents are entirely censored.

In the Final Report of the Select Committee COINTELPRO was castigated in no uncertain terms:

"Many of the techniques used would be intolerable in a democratic society even if all of the targets had been involved in violent activity, but COINTELPRO went far beyond that...the Bureau conducted a sophisticated vigilante operation aimed squarely at preventing the exercise of First Amendment rights of speech and association, on the theory that preventing the growth of dangerous groups and the propagation of dangerous ideas would protect the national security and deter violence."[7]
The Church Committee documented a history of FBI directors' using the agency for purposes of political repression as far back as World War I, through the 1920s, when they were charged with rounding up "anarchists and revolutionaries" for deportation, and then building from 1936 through 1976.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Conservatives label you Un-American, Democrats label you racist. Is that a fair statement?

Thought, How much credit could you give the media in shaping the parameters of the arguments, just a percentage? I would go out on a limb and say most people wants the govt to leave them alone. Stop listenin to my phone calls, end the Wars, and ENFORCE THE LAW (that goes for politicians, bankers, police and heads of corporations). Look around, no one is accountable for shit anymore! You want change, just enforce the law!

IMO, its all a distraction to undermine your freedoms given by the Bill of Rights. The simple question is: Are the politicians protecting the Bill of Rights or Are they attacking them? And we already know what the last guy did to the 4th Amendment! peace

Racism was law of the land for the majority of this nations history. Racist southerns labeled those that didn’t tow the racist line as communists and un-American. History is the best argument.

Partial_Mathers

Star
Registered

you said name corrupt Democrats

subverting the election process and putting the needs of foreign countries isn't unAmerican?
funding illegal wars isn't unamerican?
Wanting to ban free speech and guns isn't unAmerican?
Being bribed in return for government bailouts isn't unamerican?

what am I missing?

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Racism was law of the land for the majority of this nations history. Racist southerns labeled those that didn’t tow the racist line as communists and un-American. History is the best argument.

While I agree, this mentality has to evolve. Divide and conquer is a strategy that has been used since the beginning of time. Controlling interests want us bickering about BS because it only creates division. IMO, Banks are f*ckin over the people all around the world. I'm appealing to everybody's intellect, Be the change you want to see!

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you said name corrupt Democrats

subverting the election process and putting the needs of foreign countries isn't unAmerican?
funding illegal wars isn't unamerican?
Wanting to ban free speech and guns isn't unAmerican?
Being bribed in return for government bailouts isn't unamerican?

what am I missing?

Your missing what the thread was about. The thread was not about corruption. This has and is being debated on other threads. No doubt democrats and republicans are corrupt. The fact remains that republicans have used the unpatriotic label to silence their opposition. In fact John Kerry, a decorated solider was labeled un-American by the GOP because he had differing views than the republicans.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Thanks for at least trying to get this train on, or back on, the track.

QueEx

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exhibit 1:

Joseph Maxwell Cleland (born August 24, 1942) is an American politician from Georgia. Cleland, a Democrat, is a former U.S. Senator, disabled US Army veteran of the Vietnam War, decorated war hero, and a critic of the Bush Administration. From 2003 to 2007, he served on the Board of Directors of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, a presidentially appointed position.[1][2]

As of 2008[update] Cleland is the last Democrat from Georgia to serve a full term in the United States Senate. Zell Miller was appointed and did not seek full term.

Defeat for re-election
In 2002, Cleland lost his bid for a second Senate term to Representative Saxby Chambliss. Supporters blamed a Chambliss TV ad featuring the likenesses of Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, while criticizing Cleland's votes against homeland security measures.[8] The ad, which Cleland supporters claimed questioned the senator's patriotism,[9] was removed after protests from prominent politicians including Republicans like John McCain and Chuck Hagel.[10] Chambliss supporters claimed the ad didn't question Cleland's patriotism, but rather his judgment.[9][11]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKFYpd0q9nE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKFYpd0q9nE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Exhibit 2:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngjUkPbGwAg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngjUkPbGwAg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Your witness: