Steak Recipe

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
do I throw gangs signs @ the steak til it hollers back? :lol: na but please elaborate on the finger test :)

chefs use this to tell the doness of a steak without cutting it open

once i learned this trick i never over cooked a steak again:yes:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
a good cut shouldnt need a marinade. marinades are for cuts like the flank in my opinion. as many others have said a little salt and pepper is all you need. sometimes i use that Montreal steak seasoning too.

many ways to cook it

you can get a cast iron pan really really hot on your stove and seer both sides then finish it off in the oven

you can grill it and use the finger technique

or you can just cook it nigga style and burn the hell out of it and waste a good cut of meat

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Cooking the perfect steak in 10 steps.

1) Season a good cut of meat with salt and ground pepper. (Marinades are a waste of time and will destroy the taste of your quality meat. Simplicity always wins)

2) Get a frying pan smoking hot.

3) Drizzle in olive oil.

4) Lay your seasoned steak down one one side. Cook for 3-4 mins.

5) Turnover and repeat for other side.

6) 2 mins into the other side, add knobs of butter for a nutty flavor. (The butter will also prevent the oil and steak from burning)

7) After 3-4 mins of cooking, turn steak onto fat side to render off excess fat.

8) Lay flat and quickly baste your butter over the steak. (Don't leave it in the pan for more than :15 secs)

9) Remove from pan, and this is the most important to a quality steak... ALLOW IT TO REST. Let your meat rest for the total amount of time you cooked it, (8 mins for medium in this case) The juices will slam into the meat and it will finish cooking throughout leaving you with a tender, juicy, flavorful cut of meat.

10) Serve with a nice glass of red.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
surf + turf...love it! shit look like it came out good

1044943_700498864328_317082053_n.jpg

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
Man u are trippin! Made the meat tough? You cooked it wrong pimp. Had to....

I used that same recipe and got offered a job at a high end restaurant in west Houston to cook steaks only! The owner was like" if u can cook a steak like that consistently you will forever have a job in my kitchen! "

Damn steak was so tender i cut it with the dull side of a butter knife!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

:confused::confused: Bro maybe I did. I had been lookin at that bottle every week on my shopping trips and had always wanted to try it, those herbs looked GOOD floatin in that bottle, but mine didn't turn out good. I did mine overnight, about 6 hours and grilled it like I always do, medium rare and let it rest but it was TOUGH when I was done. Flavor wasnt good either. I see you said you just let yours soak for an hour, thats probably best for that marinade, I'll try it again your way and see whats up.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
chefs use this to tell the doness of a steak without cutting it open

once i learned this trick i never over cooked a steak again:yes:

Not all & that shit ain't foolproof. That's why it's good to always have a thermometer on hand & knowing your temps. Alas, nothin' in this thread applies to me. :cool:

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If your steak was tough then either it was overcooked or a cheap grade. I agree with prime, if you can get it, but for hi end steaks like rib eyes and fillets, choice is good too.

The fact is real prime grades are usually bought up by high end restaurants and grocers sell choice as prime. For real dough.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Marinate in this for an hour or two AT ROOM TEMPERATURE:

1SCM%20(43).jpg

Then take it out, pat it dry, and add kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper and that's it! Don't do nothing else to it but cook it to desired wellness

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

good tips on here

:cool:

my ex used to cok with this..:dance:

cole256

Star
Registered
You also need to know how to pick a steak out. The brighter red a steak is the fresher it is. The more marble a steak has the more tender it will be

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i dont know how to work a grill...thats man's business so if i make a steak myself its on the stove...i learned how to make it this way via pinterest...they claim it tastes like a steakhouse...which its pretty close

i like to make my own marinade...i dont have a recipe but heres whats it in (love making flank steaks like this):
olive oil
soy sauce
little honey
cumin
salt
pepper
worchestire sauce
2 cloves of crushed garlic

before i cook it i set the steak out to get some of the chill off

then i get a pan really really hot...then add about 2 tablespoons of butter and a touch of oil to stop it from burning quickly

once thats melted i put the steak in the pan and let the first side sear pretty quickly

then i flip it...put a few more pads of butter on it...then put the pan in a oven at 350

it takes about 5mins or so but i only let it get to med...

takes delish everytime

to help from overcooking it...always take it out a little bit before you think it is done...there is carry over cooking and it continue to cook after you take it out of the pan

i use the finger test to see how done the steak is before i take it off the heat...this is what i use
ffafa61d3ecc332757bfeea8880547cc.jpg

That's almost the exact way I make my marinade. The salt and pepper thing just doesn't do it for me. And I cook mine medium. LOL @ anyone that eats steak well done.