Steak Recipe

pollux

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What are your steps to make the perfect steak? I prefer mine medium rare, but always overcook it. Anyone have any good ideas on how to prepare and cook a steak?

contro-n

Potential Star
Registered
add nothing but A LITTLE salt and pepper.

This. I let my steak (ribeye) sit out for 30 minutes prior to cooking and coat it w/olive oil, kosher salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Just Google steak cooking time charts, which vary on the type of steak and the thickness...nice way to get a baseline that you can cater to your own. You can also use a meat thermometer to help you cook to your desired doneness.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wish I could help ya bruh but I just got it now and can't even really teach it

Just threw a fire ass ribeye on the grill last night :cool:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if in the house you should use the broiler or the grill outside.

Biggest thing to remember is steak keeps cooking even after being taken off the heat..

So if you cook it until it looks the way you like it you cooked it too long because it will still cook

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
1. buy a 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" cut ribeye... a high quality cut (PRIME OR ANGUS CHOICE).
2. while the steak is cold, aggressively season with kosher salt and a lot of fresh cracked black pepper.
3. let it stand and get all the way up to room temperature: you will notice it will get 'wet.' leave that moisture alone!!! let it sit and you'll notice that moisture will disappear. you've just seasoned your steak all the way thru. :yes:
4. get a cast iron pan screaming hot and put-in about 3 T grapeseed or canola oil... let it start smoking slightly.
5. place the room temperature steak in the pan and DO NOT TOUCH IT.
6. let the steak cook for 4 min per side (medium) or 5 min per side (med well). don't fuck it up and go beyond that.
7. after cooking steak on both sides, throw 3 T butter and 2 smashed garlic cloves in the pan.
8. with a tablespoon, tilt the pan slightly to 'pool' the garlic butter and give the steak a 'bath' with the garlic butter for about 3 min (fire turned off).
9. remove the steak and let it stand for about 3 - 5 min.
10. enjoy.

thank me later, motherfucker. :hmm::D

this is the way i do it... friends and fam say it's the best steak they've ever had.

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
i dont know how to work a grill...thats man's business so if i make a steak myself its on the stove...i learned how to make it this way via pinterest...they claim it tastes like a steakhouse...which its pretty close

i like to make my own marinade...i dont have a recipe but heres whats it in (love making flank steaks like this):
olive oil
soy sauce
little honey
cumin
salt
pepper
worchestire sauce
2 cloves of crushed garlic

before i cook it i set the steak out to get some of the chill off

then i get a pan really really hot...then add about 2 tablespoons of butter and a touch of oil to stop it from burning quickly

once thats melted i put the steak in the pan and let the first side sear pretty quickly

then i flip it...put a few more pads of butter on it...then put the pan in a oven at 350

it takes about 5mins or so but i only let it get to med...

takes delish everytime

to help from overcooking it...always take it out a little bit before you think it is done...there is carry over cooking and it continue to cook after you take it out of the pan

i use the finger test to see how done the steak is before i take it off the heat...this is what i use
ffafa61d3ecc332757bfeea8880547cc.jpg

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Marinate in this for an hour or two AT ROOM TEMPERATURE:

1SCM%20(43).jpg

Then take it out, pat it dry, and add kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper and that's it! Don't do nothing else to it but cook it to desired wellness

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Daddy Warbuck$

Star
Registered
the KEY is dipping it in garlic butter immediately after you are done cooking it. TRUST ME this 1 simple step will make a WORLD of difference

gamersfuel

Rising Star
Registered
i like my steak cooked very slow be it on a grill or in an oven. never was a fan of panned steak on top. i also let it sit in a marinade for 4 hours. i'm sure there are better ways but them shits be tender and flavorful every time.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
a lil salt...pepper.....GrillMates.....let it marinate a lil bit.......
nigga shiddddd.....

pollux

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I appreciate everyone's answers. I'm going to try and get this done. Doesn't make any sense on why I can cook mostly everything else, except steak.

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
Marinate in this for an hour or two AT ROOM TEMPERATURE:

1SCM%20(43).jpg

Then take it out, pat it dry, and add kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper and that's it! Don't do nothing else to it but cook it to desired wellness

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

tried this once. was HORRIBLE. made my meat tough as hell. :smh:
I like this better.
13391915.jpg

marinate overnite, pat it dry, let it get room temp, season with salt and cracked pepper and hit the grill. Perfect!

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
get your pan smoking hot and put the steak on 5 minutes each side then let it rest for 10 minutes

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
do I throw gangs signs @ the steak til it hollers back? :lol: na but please elaborate on the finger test :)

i use the finger test to see how done the steak is before i take it off the heat...this is what i use
ffafa61d3ecc332757bfeea8880547cc.jpg

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Kosher salt
pepper

Room temp before cooking.

canola is fine i use olive oil too

cast iron is the only way to cook on the stove for steak lamb or fish imo.

4mins on each side, don't mash the steak down just one flip.
then one more

and take it out let it sit.

WHILE the steak or a little before cut up an entire onion

1tsp butter

cast iron skillet med temp.. put butter in, after its dissolved put in onion

cook the onions then get 1tsp of brown sugar

add and cook

use a wooden spoon to cook this by the way...

take steak out, let it rest a minute onions should be about done, put em on the steak

thank the lord you read this post

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
do I throw gangs signs @ the steak til it hollers back? :lol: na but please elaborate on the finger test :)

where his finger is touching is representative of the meat.

the finger positioning on his hand is representative of the stages of done

so your hand open and you touch that padding part of your hand is raw...and if you touch the steak and it feels like the padding part of your hand, like that...then its raw...

etc

etc

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I cook mostly thick NY Strip steaks, my times are usually about 8 min max for medium rare, that is with turning usually 4 times to get the cross marks. so about 2 min per time. I use only salt and pepper. NOTHING ELSE. I have an CharBroil InfraRED grill that cooks internally, so my grill is on semi high.

PRIME choice cuts of STEAK is simply disrespectful to put anything else on it, lol.

steaks-cooking-times.jpg

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
thanks!

where his finger is touching is representative of the meat.

the finger positioning on his hand is representative of the stages of done

so your hand open and you touch that padding part of your hand is raw...and if you touch the steak and it feels like the padding part of your hand, like that...then its raw...

etc

etc

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
tried this once. was HORRIBLE. made my meat tough as hell. :smh:
I like this better.
13391915.jpg

marinate overnite, pat it dry, let it get room temp, season with salt and cracked pepper and hit the grill. Perfect!

Man u are trippin! Made the meat tough? You cooked it wrong pimp. Had to....

I used that same recipe and got offered a job at a high end restaurant in west Houston to cook steaks only! The owner was like" if u can cook a steak like that consistently you will forever have a job in my kitchen! "

Damn steak was so tender i cut it with the dull side of a butter knife!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta