Rest In Peace Aretha Franklin - Queen Of Soul

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wow,

the crazy shit tho, who wouldve thought she would outlive MJ and Prince..

I know we will alway miss a person physically..

but we must always remember when you have a soul this thing we call death is a celebration a fresh start to a new begining a new existence..

and it should be a big celebration because we talkin bout the Queen of Soul here...

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just another disturbing reminder that we have to take care of our bodies. The Queen of Soul is only 76 and her declining health is largely due to years of obesity.
The body can take only so much abuse. I truly hope she pulls through and I'll be profoundly saddened if she doesn't, but not surprised. And with that, I'm gonna
go cue up one of my favorites by her, "Ain't No Way". :hmm:
All these years I had no idea she was a smoker.

soul-singer-aretha-franklin-recording-in-the-studios-of-atlantic-in-picture-id150560828

soul-singer-aretha-franklin-records-in-the-studio-with-ed-ames-and-picture-id74271782

singer-aretha-franklin-smokes-as-cigarette-as-she-works-in-the-studio-picture-id73992185

soul-singer-aretha-franklin-recording-in-the-studios-of-atlantic-in-picture-id135991768

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Sad to report this, I've been a fan since my teenage years. Aretha is reportedly gravely ill, surrounded by her family. My prayers go out to her and her family.

Aretha Franklin — who has previously struggled with her health — is very sick and her death is “imminent,” PEOPLE confirms.

“She has been ill for a long time,” a longtime friend tells PEOPLE. “She did not want people to know and she didn’t make it public.”

A source close to the singer spoke to the Associated Press on Monday to confirm that Franklin is “seriously ill,” although they did not provide any additional details as to the severity or the cause of the 76-year-old singer’s illness.

Showbiz 411 reporter Roger Friedman was first to report the singer is “gravely ill,” sharing that Franklin’s family are “asking for prayers and privacy.”

photo-of-aretha-franklin-posed-portrait-of-aretha-franklin-picture-id84892913

Last edited:

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Smoking for a few years doesn't make you a smoker.....

I remember an interview where the Queen of Soul was at home talking about trying to give up cigarettes, her love of food and men. It was a pretty frank interview. I'm thinking late 80's early 90's. I just can't remember whose show it was. I got the impression she had been smoking awhile.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember an interview where the Queen of Soul was at home talking about trying to give up cigarettes, her love of food and men. It was a pretty frank interview. I'm thinking late 80's early 90's. I just can't remember whose show it was. I got the impression she had been smoking awhile.
Man, I really think the food gave her cancer before the cigs, because she was still singing. If it has been cancer because the cig, she would have had serious breathing problems.

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, I really think the food gave her cancer before the cigs, because she was still singing. If it has been cancer because the cig, she would have had serious breathing problems.

While cigarettes are most associated with lung cancer and other respiratory ailments they can potentially cause many types cancers due to the various toxins they introduce into the body.

http://www.lung.org/our-initiatives...numbers/10-worst-diseases-smoking-causes.html

A good way to think about cancer can be illustrated somewhat by the very 1st Tim Burton Batman movie. Jokers poison of Gotham citizen wasn't a straightforward one shot Toxin. It was a combination of "New and Improved" Joker products. Cancer ultimately is a disease where ones own cells go hay wire. Its always a combination of things usually. Your genetics + Your diet +Your habits + Your environment=Your Health
When it comes to Cancer we all out here exposed to "New and Improved" Joker Products.

Jboogiee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/entertainment/aretha-franklin-ill/index.html

(CNN)Aretha Franklin is in hospice care at her home, a source close to the 76-year-old singer told CNN's Don Lemon.

Word of the "Queen of Soul" being gravely ill was first reported by Showbiz 411.
Showbiz 411's Roger Friedman told CNN: "She has a great family, she's surrounded by love, and the world is sending prayers. All further announcements will be made by her family. We just want to send love and prayers."
The soul singer has been dogged by reports of failing health for years and appeared frail in recent photos, but she has kept her struggles private.

In February of 2017, Franklin announced that she would stop touring, but she continued to book concerts. Earlier this year, she canceled a pair of performances, including at the New Orleans Jazz Fest, on doctor's orders, according to Rolling Stone. In 2010, she was forced to cancel to scheduled performances due to fractured ribs and abdominal pain.

Franklin's career spans six decades. She got her start singing gospel music in a Detroit church where her father was the minister. In 1960, she signed with her first major record label. By 1968, Franklin was an established soul chart-topper with hits like "Respect," "Chain of Fools" and "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman."
That same year she was tapped to sing at the memorial service of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. where she performed a stirring rendition of "Precious Lord, Take My Hand."
Franklin was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, in 1987 -- a year before the Beatles were inducted. In 1994, at age 52, she became the youngest at that time to receive a Kennedy Center Honor. Franklin has 44 Grammy nominations and 18 wins. She has performed at the inaugurations of three presidents: Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. President George W. Bush awarded her the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2005.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
While cigarettes are most associated with lung cancer and other respiratory ailments they can potentially cause many types cancers due to the various toxins they introduce into the body.

http://www.lung.org/our-initiatives...numbers/10-worst-diseases-smoking-causes.html

A good way to think about cancer can be illustrated somewhat by the very 1st Tim Burton Batman movie. Jokers poison of Gotham citizen wasn't a straightforward one shot Toxin. It was a combination of "New and Improved" Joker products. Cancer ultimately is a disease where ones own cells go hay wire. Its always a combination of things usually. Your genetics + Your diet +Your habits + Your environment=Your Health
When it comes to Cancer we all out here exposed to "New and Improved" Joker Products.
I hear what you're saying, however she kicked her smoking habit in the 1990s.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
They've had Aretha Franklin on her deathbed before and she's pulled through. But it may be time for her to go on home, she has blessed the world long enough.

The difference here is she was on tour and ended it several weeks ago. Aretha's been singing since the 50s. But she was sick early last year and didn't seem herself when I saw her on TV. She was truly an icon.

She's the only artist I can honestly say I've followed from her beginning with Columbia Records till now. A voice that was never musically equaled and may never be equaled.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Wow. She's been on my mind. I've been listening to her music for the past two days. I hope she pulls though.

Yeah I got worried when she cancelled her tour several weeks ago. She's leaving a lot of fans and some very happy memories. I will always keep her music in rotation.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
Pretty sure she had pancreatic cancer about 7-8 years.
Wife says that's the one cancer that kills 99. 9% of people that it infects.
It is also the most painful cancer.
I pray she isn't suffering :(

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
:(

My prayers are out for her. I hope she is not suffering. She is a true music legend who paved the way for the other queens and divas of the music craft.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Man my pancreas got a virus one time and I was sick as a dog that was extreme pain

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

damn

:smh:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was just thinking the other day i havent heard of or seen her perform in awhile.Prayers to her and her family