R.I.P Dr.Unche Anyanwu (Sean69)

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This isn't real right?

Cause it's not.

I'll sit here and give my condolences all day...but that doesn't make it real.

Right? :(

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Damn....This man was Old school BGOL. It hurts to see anyone pass, but it hurts a little more to see one of us old heads pass away.

Count23

International
International Member
One of the smartest posters on this board I've ever seen post.

Not google smart.

Diss you in a way that you don't even know you're being dissed... an adult toying with a toddler smart.

:(

my favourite bgol poster of all time. it was a blast to read his posts, trade book titles, and go back and forth time to time. even though he was a "screen name", he was good at challenging views, and in some cases, influenced me to re-examine some of mine (particularly regarding religious faith/atheism etc) through a more nuanced lens.

i had a weird feeling when he suddenly stopped posting, and even though it's been 3 years, it's still terrible to read.:smh:

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
BGOL-- 2012 changes and departures

I have 155 posts this year, counting this one, with only 45 of them coming before the last 50 days.

In the eight years since we moved over to this board from the old one, that's by far the least I posted and I know I've missed a lot.

It's been great seeing so many familiar faces, from Upgrade Dave to eewwll, mike123 to Leroy and Dr. Flasehoods and too many others to name.

But we are an ever-changing community. I thought of this going through an old thread somebody bumped today and seeing maliki, definitely one of the smarter posters here who disappeared about a year ago.

Also in that thread was Sean69, a damn-near genius (if I'm not short changing him with the "damn-near" prefix) who I've had some of my best discussions here with but who stopped posting in February.

So, with only about 72 hours left in 2012, I thought it might be worthwhile to capture what changed on the board this year.

Obviously, this was the first Blunt-less year in BGOL history. (How anticlimatic was that ending?) Who have you noticed has fallen from our ranks?

debates are all about rhetoric and persuasion. they have nothing to do with the truth and objectivity. they're useless as far as i'm concerned. i'd rather have an argument based on a set of formal rules. when u lose you lose.

My man sean69 is long gone but how would you apply this to a political issue, like gun control or climate change?

Nah. The tree of knowledge thing was an edict for ignorance. You must have misunderstood me. We started off free thinkers. I agree, we had some ideas about the world that were simple and we ended up paying for. But we still have modern ideas today that we pay for. Whether we're better off now than back then is besides the point I was making.

You can have a sophisticated explanation of something and be wrong. You can have a deep understanding of the wrong thing. The human brain is so complex therefore the limits of our imaginations are basically infinite. Given an array of ideas or theories or models, etc, for solving a problem, I prefer to go with the simplest one. All I'm saying is that the so-called primitive ideas of some the ancient mystics and natural philosophers were simpler than today's modern String and M Theories. And they were actually correct. For example, matter is one thing, it's continuous and not discrete. Stuff like that.

At the end of the day you can only define a delusion in the context of what's true and false. You gotta establish that first.

sean69 >>>>>
rating_5.gif

^^^

Possibly the smartest BGOL poster ever, at least scientifically...

My nigga sean stayed dropping me facts all night

Def was a cool ass nigga

We had many deep exchanges-- He really pushed me on scientific matters. One of my top 5 BGOL posters ever and definitely the smartest I ever encountered. I don't think I ever applied the word genius to anyone else.

K

kwazdog

Awwww man. R.I.P to the fam!!!!! This is unfortunate news. I remember him clearly, probably because of his intelligence as many have stated.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered

my favourite bgol poster of all time. it was a blast to read his posts, trade book titles, and go back and forth time to time. even though he was a "screen name", he was good at challenging views, and in some cases, influenced me to re-examine some of mine (particularly regarding religious faith/atheism etc) through a more nuanced lens.

i had a weird feeling when he suddenly stopped posting, and even though it's been 3 years, it's still terrible to read.:smh:

Looking back on that 2012 recap post, it makes me sad to see he didn't just stop posting on BGOL in February 2012 but that he didn't live beyond that month. Just like shanebp1978 in February 2015.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Re: BGOL Member Sean69 Has Died (???)

Dude was way ahead. I'm just now really getting into Freeman Dyson and his work in the last year or two. He posted about that shit years ago. We lost a real one. There is NO thread content on the level he brought. And he could walk you through it for the most part as well. Ugh.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

Here fuckin here. I learned so much reading y'all's exchanges. He was good at leading folks to different sources to check out. I was already mad he wasn't posting and just got over it but now knowing he ISNT gonna post again really opens that back up.

I'm glad to see people archiving his shit. He was dropping real jewels. Whether you agreed with him or not, which I didn't always, you knew he had put thought into his shit.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Dude was way ahead. I'm just now really getting into Freeman Dyson and his work in the last year or two. He posted about that shit years ago. We lost a real one. There is NO thread content on the level he brought. And he could walk you through it for the most part as well. Ugh.

Haha! Yeah that post was a few years ago. But it goes to show you the level and depth of his Intellect. Its one thing to consume knowledge but to regurgitate it back in summation with other knowledge creating a new consciousness is SPECIAL. Sean69 routinely did that! Hell there are still conversations we had via those threads, books, websites, videos etc he recommend that I'm still trying to grasp their full meaning as he saw and tried to articulate them.

As a matter of fact, I've been putting together a personal collection of all the books, websites and videos that he's recommended throughout the years in all those threads. I might just post it here as the Sean69 Collection!

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Haha! Yeah that post was a few years ago. But it goes to show you the level and depth of his Intellect. Its one thing to consume knowledge but to regurgitate it back in summation with other knowledge creating a new consciousness is SPECIAL. Sean69 routinely did that! Hell there are still conversations we had via those threads, books, websites, videos etc he recommend that I'm still trying to grasp their full meaning as he saw and tried to articulate them.

As a matter of fact, I've been putting together a personal collection of all the books, websites and videos that he's recommended throughout the years in all those threads. I might just post it here as the Sean69 Collection!

Please do. He had a grasp of mathematics, chemistry, and philosophy that was truly on a level that should be out there more. He's definitely one of the reasons that when HNIC started charging I was like "well I'll pay cuz I can't miss out on this"

And to find out he was an Igbo man. Respect.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Please do. He had a grasp of mathematics, chemistry, and philosophy that was truly on a level that should be out there more. He's definitely one of the reasons that when HNIC started charging I was like "well I'll pay cuz I can't miss out on this"

And to find out he was an Igbo man. Respect.

Indeed! Neuroscience and in particular, its study of Cognitive Consciousness, became his baby and Dr. Gerald Edelman a personal hero.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Damn, he was one of the few kats on this board I could have a discussion about science with. We had a killer discussion in a thread about dimensions and space-time.

http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=528651

It's one of my favorite threads on BGOL. Rest in peace fam.

Selfscience:
not existing in other dimensions. There is no physical way that a human being of today could exist in a dimension higher than 3 or lower.
we only understand 1D and 2D because that are a part of 3D. Once you enter into 4 or higher you are bending the previous planes that existed before hand.

Sean69:
And how exacly do you bend an imaginary plane? What kind of force do u use? The force that Moses used to bend the water in the Red Sea or the one David Blaine used to bend a spoon? Nah, seriously? I'm not even playing. How do u bend an imagination and then it manifests physically in real life?

:frozen::smh::lol: