R.I.P Dr.Unche Anyanwu (Sean69)

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
R.I.P Dr.Uche Anyanwu (Sean69)

IMAGE011-225x300.jpg

Dr.Uche Anyanwu (1966-2012, 46y.o)

I’ve never written an Obituary for anyone in my life and this is especially strange considering the person I’m writing it for I’ve never met or spoken to outside of the cyber-world. Nevertheless, their influence upon my life and the lives of many others, including those on BGOL I have no doubt was extremely profound. Please forgive any inaccuracies to follow. Because of the nature and privacy many of us try to uphold on the cyber-world, our private lives are only well known to a few. What follows is based on my conversations, the information provided by others and what I could research on my own. Please feel free to make necessary corrections and add pertinent information that you may have.

Sean69, was born Uche Anyanwu and at the age of 46 on February 21st, 2012 at 12:45 am succumbed to his battle with Thymoma (cancer of the epithelial cell of the thymus gland). Dr. Anyanwu was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Massachusetts. He was award his Ph.D based on his work for “Soluble Polymer-supported Catalysts and Initiators.” He is survived by his wife and daughter.

We will all miss him dearly!
R.I.P Dr. Uche Anyanwu

http://thedvgroup.com/?p=769

His views on Faith...

Let's break this down:

The first part: "faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes"

Knowledge obtained through science is based on the reduction of information from observed phenomena after which the 'bits' of information are studied - their interactions and intra-actions - and then reassembled to better understand the mechanisms of the system. Or they're reorganized to make a new system. The reductionism of scientific inquiry is firmly rooted in our causal perception of nature. Our [unconscious] "faith" in the unbreakable chain of "cause and effect".

The second part: "a belief not resting on logical proof or material evidence."

Again, knowledge obtained from science doesn't proceed through "proof" of a proposition, hypothesis or theory but rather through its falsification. For example, the proposition that "God does not exists" (and hypothesis surrounding it) is unfalsifiable because no amount of [scientific] observation or experimentation can ever demonstrate its falsehood: that God exists. Consequently, this is not considered a credible scientific proposition. This, however, is not to be confused with the logical fallacy that often emerges from arguments surrounding the above proposition. The classic argumentum ad ignorantiam: The "Argument from Ignorance". "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence". "The God-of-the-gaps" argument. That the absence of a scientific explanation for a supernatural phenomenon does not constitute evidence for the existence of God.

Conversely, it's also logically incorrect to assume that because a theory explains all known relevant phenomena, it must be correct. The Big Bang Theory for example. There are no known physically observable phenomena that are inconsistent with the Big Bang theory. This by no means constitutes definitive proof that the universe actually did originate with the Big Bang. The possibility of some yet-to-be-observed phenomenon that's inconsistent with the Big Bang Theory lingers. Another notable logical fallacy is "The Argument from personal incredulity": "just because I personally don't believe it, it's not true.", or, "that's what everyone agrees it is so it must be true."
This brand of logical fallacy, very common amongst religious fundamentalists, is often disguised as faith. Recall the argument about the age of the earth.
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=432851

His views on Do it Now!

Go tell your fam you love them.
Go squash all your petty beefs.
Go do some random favor for someone that least expects it.
Go spend more time with your fam and close friends, suspend the hustle for a minute.
Live for the moment because in the end that's really all we have.

My uncle died yesterday afternoon in a car accident.
His wife's mom was in the car too. She died.
He had a wife and two little kids.

I've lost two uncles in less that 2 months.
That's two sons, two brothers and two fathers.

I'm struggling right now to cling on to whatever faith I have left.
Live life.
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=427219

His views on Blunt..

People who use "CAC" (or "bitch") have no more credibility than those who use "ni&&er." You can rant and rave all you want, but no one with any sense or maturity is gonna listen. You're disqualified from adult discussions until you grow up.
With your > 32,400 post count history on here?

Cracka please :rolleyes:

His Views on Seeing Clearly

Excerpt from one of my favorite websites, http://waynewirs.com/

SEEING CLEARLY

Seeing clearly.
Seeing the world as it is.
Seeing without judgment.

Schools teach us to see through the eyes of society.
Religions, through the eyes of the holy.
Family, through the eyes of our parents.
These are necessary to function in the world.
But they don’t give us a solid foundation.
A foundation built upon our own introspection.

To see clearly often means we have to forget.
Forget our past assumptions,
Our prejudices,
Our self–centeredness.
It requires us to look deep,
To open our mind,
To let go.

To see clearly brings contentment and mental harmony.
It frees us of inner conflict and doubt.
It brings with it a foundation that is solid and rooted in truths that run deep.

To see clearly brings us wisdom.

[For those that care] The download is worth it. I also recommend the book "Fading Toward Enlightenment." for those seeking to enrich/augument thier spirituality.
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=415682

His views on "my character, values, beliefs and much of my personality."

Dreams_from_my_father.jpg

I immediately identified with this story in a very personal way, as I’m sure many of us have as well.

Only recently, my dad shared his story of growing up in British colonial West Africa with me. His struggles as the son of a carpenter who could barely afford to support him through high school, his perseverance through a serendipitous path through college which eventually lead him to the UK and America and a career that gave him the opportunity to experience cultures all over the world.

I was there for most of his journey, as a child, a teenager and a young adult. Those experiences along with the nurture of my family are what have formed my character, values, beliefs and much of my personality.

There is a popular mythological view of a freedom of choice derived from a presumed notion of a default equal opportunity merely due to ones existence. This sort of thinking demonstrates a very cancerous apathy and quite frankly an insidious stupidity.

Last night was the beginning of a social revolution in America and it resonated across the world. I considered myself very fortunate to be alive to witness it. As a scientist, I often cite pertinent historical references in support of my thesis and/or hypothesis. However, there’s always that one “nail in the coffin” citation that strongly validates it.

What Obama has achieved is just that. That one solid real-time reference a parent can cite when they tell their child, “you can be whatever you want to be!”

This is no longer an inspirational fable, but reality.
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=321714

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Re: BGOL Member Sean69 Has Died (???)

Man what? Sean69 gone too? When how? That's three members in one year. :smh: his post were informative.
It's been a couple of years. I saw it from someone-- tical?-- last year. I'll elaborate when I get to a laptop.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Re: R.I.P Dr.Uche Anyanwu (Sean69)

Tical, this touches my heart.
Much respect to you brotha.

#BGOLFAMILY

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered

With all the BS and foolishness we all participate from time to time her... this is a very classy, elegant and respectable thread here. Beautiful way to show proper respect to what appears to be a very good, and accomplished man. Respect to you OP, and RIP good Dr.

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator

:( Be at peace Sean69. One of the few that chilled on SOL when great person. I remember when he was getting married:yes:. Doesn't seem that long ago. :( Yet another really good brother gone forward.
We had great chats bredren. Blessings with your family.