question for golden state fans

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I'd say that coach corbin is a better coach than coach jackson. coach corbin lost mo williams and got gordon hayward playing the 5th most minutes.

Now that we can agree upon. Although neither one of them is getting much fanfare
All I'm saying is that the man should retain his job. Not that he's coach of the year or anything

I also mentioned a few weeks back that Bogut coming back might hurt this team more than help

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now that we can agree upon.

Although I've been critical of coach jackson all year and his lack of watching film, studying opponents, and inability to adjust I can't agree that he's a worse coach than tyrone corbin.

And while I agree with cranrab's assessment of klay thompson I can't say that he is a better player than gordon hayward because at this point in his career, he isn't.

The warriors are back on track and the jazz are falling out of playoff contention. It'll be a dog fight to end it in the west, even if the conference as a whole is overrated by the fans and media.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Congrats to the golden state warriors for clinching a playoff spot after last night's win over the timberwolves.

Stephen Curry also has a small chance of beating ray allen's record for 3's made in a season.

Hopefully Tyrone Corbin and the Jazz don't choke away their chance at the #8 seed in the west (although they're trying hard)

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
xfactor said:
Stephen Curry also has a small chance of beating ray allen's record for 3's made in a season.

:lol: that small chance just turned into a virtual lock.

The question is now, how many will he beat Allen's record by?

Just imagine if he took the same amount of 3FGA that Allen took that year. He would have obliterated Allen's total.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
:lol: that small chance just turned into a virtual lock.

The question is now, how many will he beat Allen's record by?

Just imagine if he took the same amount of 3FGA that Allen took that year. He would have obliterated Allen's total.

He's gonna break a lot of records because the league is 3 pointer-happy right now.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've always thought george karl was overrated as a coach but is it really all on him that his team is unable to defend for an entire series?

I will say his rotations have been horrible and if it wasn't for andre miller bailing the team out in Game 1, this would've been a sweep.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
I've always thought george karl was overrated as a coach but is it really all on him that his team is unable to defend for an entire series?

golden state looking so good because they play in the WORSTern conference against the good-at-home nuggets.

Steve Lurkle

Star
Registered
klay was the starter after monta got traded last season and averaged 18ppg after said trade. Thompson is the real deal. He can shot from anywhere and is adding a nice little crossover drive thats effective.

9 of their 14 wins have come vs .500 or better teams.

The warriors are 4th in the nba in rebounding without their second best rebounder, andrew bogut.

The warriors have the best shooting back court in the nba.

And finally, they're actually playing defense, which has always been their downfall. They're top 5 in opponents fg %.

They're playing team basketball. Not having monta the ball hog is helping tremendously also. I think that barring an injury to curry, they can settle in the 6-7 range come playoff time.

negrodamus!!

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
can we at least wait until they have to perform against the spurs?

How many wins do they need in order for you to view the season as a success? I ask because as a Brooklyn nets fan, I view the season as a mildly successful one in comparision to last season. Also, I would gladly take Mark Jackson as our coach over PJ

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So nobody is going give Marc Jackson his props?

Not yet because the team still didn't play up to potential during the season although the denver nuggets are a much more favorable matchup than the memphis grizzlies would've been so it is working out now.

I will once again say that the team is doing what it needs to because of Curry and the players brought in this past offseason.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not yet because the team still didn't play up to potential during the season although the denver nuggets are a much more favorable matchup than the memphis grizzlies would've been so it is working out now.

I will once again say that the team is doing what it needs to because of Curry and the players brought in this past offseason.

Not for nothing but the season has nothing to playoffs. Theirs been teams who have wrecked shit during the season to get bounced out the playoffs

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Meanwhile where the hell are the Pistons?? Didn't they play basically the same teams??
Yet I bet frank will keep his job YET AGAIN and even if he happens to get fired this time, HE WILL GET ANOTHER SHOT

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Besides you RS:cool:

Mark Jackson demeanor fits this team well. The fact that he doesnt get rattled really settles down a very young team

Agreed. They seem well-coached to me. They lost a key player and didn't miss a step. The've also stepped it up on the defensive end and that often is a direct reflection on coaching.

Steve Lurkle

Star
Registered
Mark isn't even coaching the team. Watch the timeouts, its Malone that's drawing up the plays, Jackson is doing the motivating. I hope Malone doesn't go to Philly, there's a reason he's the highest paid assistant IN THE LEAGUE!

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Mark isn't even coaching the team. Watch the timeouts, its Malone that's drawing up the plays, Jackson is doing the motivating. I hope Malone doesn't go to Philly, there's a reason he's the highest paid assistant IN THE LEAGUE!

Sometimes what the team needs is motivation..especially a young squad. Phil Jackson didn't win 11 titles because he was the best with Xs and Os. He knew how to manage those superstar egos. Maybe Mark knows how to get the best out of young players.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
How many wins do they need in order for you to view the season as a success? I ask because as a Brooklyn nets fan, I view the season as a mildly successful one in comparision to last season. Also, I would gladly take Mark Jackson as our coach over PJ

i'll put it this way.

coach smart finished his first season with the warriors +10W over his predecessor (coach nelson)

coach jackson finished with a worse winning percentage in his first season.

i already acknowledged that coach jackson has the warriors playing more like a team, sharing the ball, and more importantly, winning.

but 47 wins isn't exactly impressive, especially when you play in the PUSSific division of the WORSTern conference and get to pad your win/loss record against tomato cans and tune ups.

ask the clippers, fakers and nuggets about that.

so let's see how the warriors stack up against that "old" team and revisit.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: i tried to explain this a while back but of course people want to give coach jackson the credit.

in fairness to him, he has improved from last year but i can see the team back to where they've been if they don't re-sign certain guys (including assistant coach malone)

Don't get me wrong, I love what mark has brought, but if Malone goes, I see a decline in the team next year.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
:lol: i tried to explain this a while back but of course people want to give coach jackson the credit.

in fairness to him, he has improved from last year but i can see the team back to where they've been if they don't re-sign certain guys (including assistant coach malone)

Jackson managed the runs better tonight. He even blew through his timeouts early..only had one left (took a bit risk) with 9 minutes left in order to stop those inevitable runs. Even in the first half, he put out runs early. He did his job tonight.

The only other major adjustment on the offensive end is he needs to run the pick and roll to get Green off of Curry.

Last edited:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Jackson managed the runs better tonight. He even blew through his timeouts early..only had one left (took a bit risk) with 9 minutes left in order to stop those inevitable runs. Even in the first half, he put out runs early. He did his job tonight.

The only other major adjustment on the offensive end is he needs to run the pick and roll to get Green off of Curry.

Why does everyone want him to coach like a 10 year coaching veteran in only his second full season??
Can he at least get a chance to develop? NO ONE is an expert on his job overnight. I don't give a shit how many degrees they have

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have to give him credit for adjusting in Game 2 after his leadership and game management single-handedly lost game 1 for golden state.

RS wants to take up for him but coach jack is a man so he can handle any criticism coming his way which has been warranted whether he is a 2nd year coach or 10 year coach. Coach has a good staff and they do most of the grunt work. Remember Coach Myers led the summer league team to the championship last year in Vegas.

That being said, in my opinion, this series is over. Golden State is headed to the western conference finals and nobody wouldve thought it.

An interesting subplot from this for the fans of advanced statistics is David Lee. Statistically, Lee's D is so bad that he was actually the focus of discussion at the most recent Sloan Sports Conference.

Ever since Lee has been out for the playoffs, not only is golden state playing better on D but they are also playing better offensively. Maybe there is something to those advanced analytics that BGOL basketball experts despise afterall.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Ever since Lee has been out for the playoffs, not only is golden state playing better on D but they are also playing better offensively. Maybe there is something to those advanced analytics that BGOL basketball experts despise afterall.

Yeah. Kind of funny how that goes...addition by subtraction. He was their second best scorer and they look much better without him. And yeah...especially defensively. I wonder how this run will effect the team long term (in regards to Lee).

It's obvious GS has the better team. The only way they lose this is if Jackson gets outcoached.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Why does everyone want him to coach like a 10 year coaching veteran in only his second full season??
Can he at least get a chance to develop? NO ONE is an expert on his job overnight. I don't give a shit how many degrees they have

I didn't penalize him. I actually think he's doing as good as a job as one could expect at this point. At least he made the game to game adjustment. He's not dense like Coach Brooks.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Jackson is fucking up right now though. He's not made any good adjustments over the last two games. This was a horrible first half for GS and they clearly look like a team with no strategy.

edit. Second half they look like a different team

Last edited:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That being said, in my opinion, this series is over. Golden State is headed to the western conference finals and nobody wouldve thought it.

and if you watched games 3-6 you would see why nobody thought it.

the team suffered through the major problems it faced all year:

poor PG play
poor perimeter defense
ineffective post scoring
poor rotations and bad management

that being said, the team had a great year and beat the expectations of most (i thought it underachieved personally as they were a 50 win team to me)

it'd be interesting to see what moves they make in the offseason as bob myers (who was robbed of gm of the year) will have limited cap space to re-tool.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
and if you watched games 3-6 you would see why nobody thought it.

the team suffered through the major problems it faced all year:

poor PG play
poor perimeter defense

ineffective post scoring
poor rotations and bad management

that being said, the team had a great year and beat the expectations of most (i thought it underachieved personally as they were a 50 win team to me)

it'd be interesting to see what moves they make in the offseason as bob myers (who was robbed of gm of the year) will have limited cap space to re-tool.

Their perimeter defense was horrid. Curry needs to tighten it up a bit but Jack and Thompson just have unsound habits. Thompson just can't defend anyone because he doesn't know how to position himself and Jack just completely loses his man on the perimeter. I can't even remember how many 3s were hit because Jack was just sagging in the paint and just left his man for a spot up 3 in the corner. He wasn't even rotating to help or anything.. he just stopped defending his man :smh:

BLACKLOOP

Rising Star
Registered
Jack just completely loses his man on the perimeter. I can't even remember how many 3s were hit because Jack was just sagging in the paint and just left his man for a spot up 3 in the corner. He wasn't even rotating to help or anything.. he just stopped defending his man :smh:

And this is what kills me about alot of NBA guards and 2 guards..watch tonight's game 6 and see how many time Felton or JR just decide to unexpectedly sag to the paint not offering help leaving their man wide open for a 3 pointer

Sent from my iPhone 5

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Their perimeter defense was horrid. Curry needs to tighten it up a bit but Jack and Thompson just have unsound habits. Thompson just can't defend anyone because he doesn't know how to position himself and Jack just completely loses his man on the perimeter. I can't even remember how many 3s were hit because Jack was just sagging in the paint and just left his man for a spot up 3 in the corner. He wasn't even rotating to help or anything.. he just stopped defending his man :smh:

And this is what kills me about alot of NBA guards and 2 guards..watch tonight's game 6 and see how many time Felton or JR just decide to unexpectedly sag to the paint not offering help leaving their man wide open for a 3 pointer

Sent from my iPhone 5

I think the scientific term for this is called LAZINESS...On the part of ALL of those players except for JR who is just not too bright

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Curious to see if Steve Kerr will be held under the same 100X microscope that Jackson was....I'm betting he will be given a nice long honeymoon