question for golden state fans

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
last season after 60 games the warriors' win total was 27

this season after 60 games the warriors' win total is 22

what would you attribute the difference to?

injury?

head coaching?

shortened season?

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
for reference, the warriors are among the NBA's best (top 10) teams in terms of FG%, 3FG%, FT%, points per game, and assists

unfortunately, the warriors are also among the NBA's worst teams (bottom 10) in terms of offensive rebounding, defensive rebounding and personal fouls.

should this not be surprising that the warriors excel in offensive areas, considering their head coach is coach jackson?

Steve Lurkle

Star
Registered
The problem is, its the EXACT same team sans Ellis for the last 20 games and add Thompson. Curry has only played 13 games this year also. Our team is fundamentally flawed. If everyone comes back next year though it will be the first time in 15+ years that we have people at every position that are the size that they're supposed to be. No more 6'8" centers, or 6'3" SGs.

Diamels

Star
Registered
Honestly I have seen them play at all or even know the team's lineup so for me to make a guess would be grasping at straws at best...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Rookie coach would be my guess. Also sometimes in order to take a couple of steps forward, you must first take a step back
They're really only one big man away from contention IMO. And when I say big man I don't mean a 7 foot jump shooter

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
looking back, i started this thread 2 days before coach jackson's wife received an email indicating her husband had an affair with a stripper.

but the warriors woes can't be blamed on the extortion plot.

in their last 20 games (starting march 25th), the warriors finished the season 3-17 :puke:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
the warriors problem is that havent overhauled or transitioned the roster since don nelson...new faces...same players

they sacrificed building for points.
the fans sell out the games no matter what.

with this ownership i think that they will start to give them an nba identity

so is this where intelligent basketball discussion is had? if so i have a few thread ideas

always a pleasure cranrab

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Last year the team tanked so that utah wouldn't get the team's pick (which was used on harrison barnes) however, I must say that head coaching is the reason the team is underachieving.

If the lakers don't want coach brown, I'm sure he'd be welcomed in oakland.

mark jackson might be the most unqualified, in over his head coach that i've ever seen.

:smh:

last season after 60 games the warriors' win total was 27

this season after 60 games the warriors' win total is 22

what would you attribute the difference to?

injury?

head coaching?

shortened season?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not Lawrence Frank :eek:

can't co-sign this.

2nd game in a week almost blown because jackson wanted to foul up 3 with under 10 seconds left.

coach myers and coach malone are doing a great job though. at this point the team is winning in spite of him.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
can't co-sign this.

2nd game in a week almost blown because jackson wanted to foul up 3 with under 10 seconds left.

coach myers and coach malone are doing a great job though. at this point the team is winning in spite of him.

All I can go by is records....

Since his days as the Nets coach Franks has seemed in way over his head
btw, Jackson, in only his second season, is starting to produce wins...

A$AP SaVaGe

Always Strive And Prosper
BGOL Investor
I 'm appalled at the fact GS is #2 in the Pacific while we're #4 :smh:

Not sent from an Iphone using Tapatalk 2

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
I 'm appalled at the fact GS is #2 in the Pacific

don't be. that whole division the PUSSific is the AFC west of the NBA.

look at who makes up the majority of the Ws for the warriors:

suns
cavaliers
timberwolves x2
mavericks
pistons
wizards

to their credit, the warriors have 2 Ws against brooklyn.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
as for the sacramento kings, it's no mystery there either.

the kings are the 11th youngest team in the league. so you're gonna be ass. (check my thread on age and the NBA).

but like the rest of the WORSTern conference, you're gonna get your Ws by bottom feeding:

warriors
pistons
magic
raptors
blazers

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
GS 5 straight wins all against Eastern Conference teams. Regardless of how you feel about their coach they have improved over the past 2 years
Not saying their champs or anything...or even playoff contenders, but they are starting to win games they would have lost three or 4 years ago.
That's how you start right?

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
GS 5 straight wins all against Eastern Conference teams. Regardless of how you feel about their coach they have improved over the past 2 years
Not saying their champs or anything...or even playoff contenders, but they are starting to win games they would have lost three or 4 years ago.
That's how you start right?

RS,

3 of those were the pistons, wizards, and bobcats. so i'm not sold.

but i'm also willing to admit IF i'm wrong.

the warriors crucible is late january through early march. if they are still leading the PUSSific division then, they will have proved to me that i was completely wrong, that coach jackson deserves my full apology, and that they are a real team.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
currypimpinbitches.gif

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
RS,

3 of those were the pistons, wizards, and bobcats. so i'm not sold.

but i'm also willing to admit IF i'm wrong.

the warriors crucible is late january through early march. if they are still leading the PUSSific division then, they will have proved to me that i was completely wrong, that coach jackson deserves my full apology, and that they are a real team.

All I'm saying is that they are improving. They're not world beaters or anything. I had no idea they were even leading their division
My statement is really just in reference to X saying that Jackson is in over his head. (and that Laurence 'The Brain' Frank isn't)

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
All I'm saying is that they are improving.

i can agree with that much already.

the warriors are doing a lot of things right (playing good individual and team D, sharing the ball on O, etc).

the most shocking part of it to me is that they're getting it done with klay thompson in the starting lineup.

Steve Lurkle

Star
Registered
i can agree with that much already.

the warriors are doing a lot of things right (playing good individual and team D, sharing the ball on O, etc).

the most shocking part of it to me is that they're getting it done with klay thompson in the starting lineup.

Klay was the starter after MOnta got traded last season and averaged 18ppg after said trade. Thompson is the real deal. He can shot from anywhere and is adding a nice little crossover drive thats effective.

9 of their 14 wins have come vs .500 or better teams.

The Warriors are 4th in the NBA in rebounding without their second best rebounder, Andrew Bogut.

The Warriors have the best shooting back court in the NBA.

And finally, they're actually playing defense, which has always been their downfall. They're top 5 in opponents FG %.

They're playing team basketball. Not having Monta the ball hog is helping tremendously also. I think that barring an injury to Curry, they can settle in the 6-7 range come playoff time.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Klay was the starter after MOnta got traded last season and averaged 18ppg after said trade. Thompson is the real deal. He can shot from anywhere and is adding a nice little crossover drive thats effective.

i know about his O. i've heard all the accolades. that said, he's not exactly shooting lights out this season.

it's really his D makes me cringe.

i don't know how he or gordon hayward are starters in this league.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
The Warriors are 4th in the NBA in rebounding without their second best rebounder, Andrew Bogut

Bogut coming to the lineup will not help. In fact it will probably only hurt. Much for the same reasons you mentioned about Ellis.
They will have to suddenly start having to feed him to justify him being there and that will only hurt what offensive flow they have going already
(which is good enough to win a few games) Hopefully he stays his fragile ass away

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: didn't frank start his career with a 13 game winning streak?
I understand your position but I can't agree that in one situation where a team does well, it's the coach and in another situation (frank in new jersey) the success is because of the players.

People seem to forget that the team has made some shrewd personnel moves under jerry west who is on the warriors payroll and advising gm bob myers.

I'll give coach credit for being open to learning from his assistants (coach malone is the one that suggested going with the gaming winning play). I'm sure he will improve once he gets more experience, and not be a guy that has to depend totally on talent and effort like we saw last night from a coach like spoelstra.

All I'm saying is that they are improving. They're not world beaters or anything. I had no idea they were even leading their division
My statement is really just in reference to X saying that Jackson is in over his head. (and that Laurence 'The Brain' Frank isn't)

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
:lol: didn't frank start his career with a 13 game winning streak?
I understand your position but I can't agree that in one situation where a team does well, it's the coach and in another situation (frank in new jersey) the success is because of the players.

If that's true then it proves the point....Frank started out with a team that went to the NBA finals two years in a row. So it's safe to assume he'd start out on a high note....
Over the course of the next 4, 5, or 6 seasons he took this once very good team and turned them BACK into a perennial lottery team. Turns out that winning streak was the highlight of his Net tenure

Frank took a team that was a winner and over the course of time (and for whatever reasons) it became a loser
Jackson took over a team that was on the bottom rung of the league (for whatever reasons). Now they're in first place
however temporary their stay in first place is, you have to admit that they are improving and Jackson may not be
that in over his head after all

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
did frank take those same players and make them progressively worse? or were there personnel changes that made frank have a roster deprived of talent?

in fairness to coach jackson, the team was tanking and the end of last year so they wouldn't lose their lottery pick to utah however that doesn't explain how bad they played before the tank. is keith smart a better coach than jackson?

this year, the team is relatively healthy and jerry west brought in new players that were good enough to take the team to another level.

coach jackson is only in his 2nd year as a HC and while he has improved, he has put the team in bad spots with his decision making and rotations, especially in winnable games like against the lakers and getting swept by the orlando magic.

anything less than a 50 win season would be a huge disappointment.

If that's true then it proves the point....Frank started out with a team that went to the NBA finals two years in a row. So it's safe to assume he'd start out on a high note....
Over the course of the next 4, 5, or 6 seasons he took this once very good team and turned them BACK into a perennial lottery team. Turns out that winning streak was the highlight of his Net tenure

Frank took a team that was a winner and over the course of time (and for whatever reasons) it became a loser
Jackson took over a team that was on the bottom rung of the league (for whatever reasons). Now they're in first place
however temporary their stay in first place is, you have to admit that they are improving and Jackson may not be
that in over his head after all

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
the Nets were certainly not "deprived" of talent. They had Kidd for starters. Richard Jefferson was a potential all star and Vince Carter.
Might have had Kenyon Martin for one season as well. All ancient history to me now. Whomever they had during his tenure, they were NBA players

once again, the reasons don't matter to me. Only the end results. In the end, Frank was as bad for the Nets as Marbury

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
so i had a chance recently to take a closer look at the golden state warriors.

i am preparing to remove my foot from my mouth and am halfway ready to give coach jackson the credit he deserves.

currently, the golden state warriors are a solid B level team. yes, they benefit from playing in the scrap heap WORSTern conference, but they are also playing good team basketball.

perhaps the most noteworthy accomplishment of coach jackson is that the warriors are winning with klay thompson on the floor. simply amazing. the lesser miracle is coach corbin almost .500 with gordon hayward on the floor.

almost half the warriors total wins have been against sub .500 teams, but casual fans don't really care. just look at the clippers recent streak as proof.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
bump for warriors falling into 5th place in the WORSTern conference.

they may not let me down after all.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
bump for warriors falling into 5th place in the WORSTern conference.

they may not let me down after all.

Barring season ending injury to Step Curry, the playoffs are guaranteed.

If Bustgut comes back and is able to provide interior defense and rebounding the division may be up for grabs because the main weakness would be addressed.

That would also allow the team to play Jack-Curry-Barnes/Green-Lee-Bustgut to close the games out.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
this month will be their "gauntlet"

only 6 home games.

3 road stretches of 4 games, 4 games and 5 games.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If anything, tonight's game proved that this team has a bunch of flaws that will prevent it from being a top 4 team in the west.

What are these flaws you might ask? Coaching and Defense. Klay Thompson and David Lee have to step it up on the defensive side of the ball. Well Klay needs to step it up on O as well.

Coach Jackson is also getting exposed for being unable to make adjustments but luckily for Golden State, the majority of the games remaining are home games so the playoffs are in sight.

I said before if the team doesn't win 50 then they've underachieved and Coach Jackson has to go. 5 losses left :smh:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I said before if the team doesn't win 50 then they've underachieved and Coach Jackson has to go. 5 losses left :smh:

So the franchise that has only won more that 30 games once (34) since 2008 and hasn't come close to cracking .500 ball in half a decade might not only finish over .500 but might actually make the playoffs this year but you want to fire the coach who barely even has a full season of coaching experience?? I'm not Jackson fan but I think he's shown that he deserves a chance to keep his job. In fact he deserves the same damn chances his white counterparts get. You got coaches with HUNDREDS of losses get to keep their job longer than you want Jackson to keep his

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
after 60 games the last 3 seasons:

27 wins
22 wins
33 wins

3-10 (.231) :puke: in the past month's games.

warriors trying their best to not make me look bad.

:lol:

klay thompson being in the rising stars challenge speaks volumes about the quality of the basketball played in the WORSTern conference.

regardless of how the playoff seedings pan out, i'd say that coach corbin is a better coach than coach jackson. coach corbin lost mo williams and got gordon hayward playing the 5th most minutes.