cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Re: tobe MYTHBUSTING part 2

Complex said:
Yeah, sure :rolleyes:

Ok bitch, you're right Kobe is a garbage basketball player

wow, your validation means SO much to me... :puke:

what amuses me most about childish tobe supporters such as yourself is that you get indignant and petulant when someone suggests that basketball players should be measured by MORE criteria OTHER THAN points scored...

your complete inability to face FACT demonstrates your inability to separate fantasy from reality...

start with your refusal to acknowledge tobe's inability to LEAD the fakers into the playoffs last season... selective amnesia? i know, it would be painful to have to admit that your superstar idol couldn't manage to muster more than a single W last april, huh? or more than a half dozen Ws in march AND april combined?

continue on with your inexplicable rationalizations that it's perfectly fine for tobe to post gaudy FGAs, most of which are POOR in quality... and those same FGAs have NO negative impact upon the team...

it must also be fun to make excuses for your misfit who has disrupted an organization enough to run off coach harris, coach jackson and coach tomjanovich... should we list the players too?

of course, let's not forget the +/-, which offers direct proof that tobe's POOR shot selection (not only TOs and PFs) leads DIRECTLY to opponent scores...

or that tobe's inability to stay focused and disciplined on D results in bad situations for his teammates... not just scores, but also PFs which result in fewer minutes played...

but i know, i know... to FANS such as yourself, scoring is the panacea for all other bad habits... long live scoring... :rolleyes:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now that Wobe has been suspended for 2 games, let's see what happens...

My prediction- lakers will play well together as a team by being more efficient and playing better D. The lakers will be more than capable of ending Utah's hot streak and will atleast win 1 game.

Wobe's fan predictions-

lakers will struggle to make up 30 ppg that Bryant gives to team and will drop both games unless they can hold Utah under 70 pts b/c of lack of "real" scoring threat and lack of talent. And should go 0-2. :rolleyes:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
jazz v. fakers

well xf,

after 1Q, the fakers and jazz are tied @ 22...

damn, those inconsistent scrubs better be careful, someone might mistake them for professionals...

especially brian cook, who is 5-5 FGAs, or that no-name chris mihm who went 3-5 FGAs...

let's see if they can hold their ground in Q3...

p.s. von wafer? von wafer? :smh:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
2 items of significance in Q2

coach jackson, who doesn't like to go deep into his bench, kept only lamar odom on the floor to start Q2, substituting in the entire 2nd squad... guess coach jackson wanted a better look at everyone in game speed...

the fakers lost Q2, getting outscored 31-27... that lead wouldn't have been possible without the HORRIBLE play of von wafer...

in 6 minutes, von wafer went 0-3 FGAs and 2-4 FTAs with 1 PF... his poor shots lead directly to jazz scores on the other end... :smh:

looking forward to the lineup adjustments to start Q3, and also the response of the fakers down the stretch...

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Q3

coach jackson gave more tick to the fraudulent check writing fraud euro sasha vujacic than i would've but the fakers battled to win Q3 24-23...

brian cook, 8-9 FGAs
chris mihm, 6-9 FGAs

both under 30 minutes

fakers are a little sluggish playing D on the perimeter, but let's see what adjustments can be made in Q4...

NO MORE VON WAFER :puke:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
sorry, XF

WAY too many missed FTAs, and some missed layups down the stretch (1 each by brian cook, chris mihm, and lamar odom) = fakers L...

i'm still puzzled by the amount of time coach jackson left smush parker and chris mihm on the bench in the 2nd half, but let's see what happens in game 2 of this 'series'

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: 2 items of significance in Q2

C,

I was actually cheering for the Lakers to win the game tonight although I missed it but based on your analysis, looks like they had a great chance to win the game despite their missed lay-ups at the end and still playing weak D on the perimeter. I did see the the Lakers's had only 10 TO's the the game (which I believe tied a season low) :rolleyes: . Smush Parker had a season high 6 assists and 0 TO's :rolleyes: those NBA D-League wanna bee's Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, and Devean George shot a combined 20-30 FGAs and the Lakers shot a combined 50% from the field :rolleyes:

Yup... Looks like the Lakers got dominated at home without their 'only real player' against the hottest team in the western conference right now :rolleyes:

cranrab said:
the fakers lost Q2, getting outscored 31-27... that lead wouldn't have been possible without the HORRIBLE play of von wafer...

in 6 minutes, von wafer went 0-3 FGAs and 2-4 FTAs with 1 PF... his poor shots lead directly to jazz scores on the other end... :smh:

:smh: Not a surprise... Wafer sucked last year and the year before that at Florida State... I dont even think he averaged 10 PPG at FSU last year although he would put up decent scoring numbers against us. Dude wasnt ready for the league and he is proving it everytime he steps on the court. :yes:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I bet you two were rooting for the Lakers. Because it would "prove" that the Lakers are better without Kobe. Unfortunately they lost at home to a mediocre Utah team at home. Damn my bad, they won 4 games in a row so they are the hottest team in the west :rolleyes:

So they shot so well, but still lost. Yeah, that proves what :confused:

Oh yeah, that's right they would have lost without Kobe :rolleyes:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

Complex said:
I bet you two were rooting for the Lakers. Because it would "prove" that the Lakers are better without Kobe.

how pitiful for you that can't see that the fakers DID play better without tobe... guess balanced scoring and shot distribution aren't good measures of TEAM play, are they?

:smh:

oh, i think i recognize your muddled logic... if a new lineup with preseason rotation/substitution patterns doesn't win, then it must not be better than the teams that preceded it...

FALSE and convoluted thinking, but STILL FALSE...

Complex said:
Unfortunately they lost at home to a mediocre Utah team at home.

what a masterful logician you are... are the fakers a WINNING organization at home with tobe? didn't the fakers just lose 3 consecutive with tobe before this game?

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Balanced scoring and shot distribution in a loss :confused: Consolation prize? Did you play any sort of sports? Would your coach say...way to work the ball or still be upset you lost?

Funny before that game against Miami, the Lakers had won 5 out of 6, including 4 out of 5 on the road...with Kobe. Yeah, you weren't around for that. What's the better team Dallas or Utah? Well they are playing a home and home with Utah.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
are you still being dressed in short pants, young man?

Complex said:
Balanced scoring and shot distribution in a loss :confused: Consolation prize?

uh, no consolation prize... just 2 indicators of a healthy team...

you really do show your ignorance of basketball (and logic) in all of your threads... let me give you an example you may understand...

if a car (the fakers) is running poorly because one of the tires is flat (tobe), then simply replacing the one faulty tire (tobe) does not guarantee that the car (the fakers) will outperform other cars (utah jazz)... replacing the faulty tire (tobe) only guarantees that the car (the fakers) will perform better...

Complex said:
Did you play any sort of sports?

yes. played and coached...

Complex said:
Would your coach say...way to work the ball or still be upset you lost?

again you show your inexperience... if you've ever been a player in a GOOD PROGRAM and PAID ATTENTION, you'd know that a GOOD COACH would do BOTH...

that is, a GOOD coach would applaud the good things done well, and point out the things that need to be given more attention and remedied in practice... AND STILL BE UPSET WITH THE LOSS...

your notion that the 2 actions are somehow mutually exclusive shows you've never participated in organized sports...

be honest for a change... admit that you didn't watch the game, and as usual are relying on box scores... did you know that it was a single possession game with 37 seconds left to play in Q4?

because if you watched the game, you'd have SEEN the fakers played VERY WELL AS A TEAM against the utah jazz...

you'd have seen the balanced scoring

you'd have seen the balanced shot distribution

you'd have seen the second half poise of the young fakers to battle back from a 10 pt deficit to tie the game in Q4

but since you didn't watch, you missed alot...

you missed the fact that luke walton STARTED AT SG :puke:

you missed the fact that coach jackson left chris mihm on the bench during critical moments of the 2nd half because he wanted a better look at kwame brown...

the loss doesn't prove that the fakers aren't a better team without tobe... THEY ARE...

the loss only proves that the fakers didn't play well enough to be utah on that night...

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Complex said:
Would your coach say...way to work the ball or still be upset you lost?

How old are you again?

Gotta hand it to you though Complex, you have to be the only poster on BGOL that consistently makes himself look like bumbling fool everytime they post. I think you need to take your opinions back to the BGOL main board sport's posts.

Of course a coach (or any competitor for that matter) would be mad about the loss but on the flip side, despite a loss (especially in the early part of the season where the games mean less) a coach should praise him team's efforts and what they do well in the game other than completely bash his team for a loss. Especially if the coach has installed new schemes on O, D, or has a bunch of new players trying to get assimilated to his coaching system because its rare that a new group of players will be able to get it right off the bat and Im sure Coach Jackson was more than happy with his team's performance in the game despite taking the L.

But like I have said a countless number of times, you wouldnt know anything about that being that the highest level of ball you have played is in the rec league for the YMCA where the coach's only job is to make sure every gets atleast 15 mins in the game to not violate the league's 'fair play' policy. :smh:

Clever

Support BGOL
Registered

Complex said:
Balanced scoring and shot distribution in a loss :confused: Consolation prize? Did you play any sort of sports? Would your coach say...way to work the ball or still be upset you lost?

you are right the Lakers shouldnt be happy with the loss. But the way Kobe riders were talking, the only reason why the Lakers are even competitive this season is because of Kobe. So by your logic without Kobe the Lakers should have been blown out. The D-Leaguers (other starting four) even being competitive without all-world Kobe Bryant is a miracle unto itself.

Or the other way to look at it is Kobe is overrated and really doesnt improve a mediocre team all that much anyway since they were competitive without him.

How competitive do you expect a team to be that finally has a chance to "breath" and open up on offense. Kobe has hijacked the offense for the last 3 years and now you expect the other players to just "fall into form". Kobe Bryant is a guy that will dribble the ball up, go 1 on 5 and jack up a bad shot without his teammates even smelling the ball. This new found "freedom" from Kobe will take a while for the team to get used to. Unfortunately for them Al-Qobe will be back holding the offense hostage next game. We've seen good PG play from Smush, solid post play from Mihm, a new offensive weapon emerging in Cook, and Walton playing more intelligent ball. The Lakers did "win" in that respect last night

The Lakers proved that they could be competitive without their "star". The real question is how much better could they be with a better star. Im not so sure a nice trade Kobe for TMac or Nash wouldnt make this team better. The Lakers have some good pieces they just need a unselfish ball distributer.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

xfactor said:

How old are you again?

Gotta hand it to you though Complex, you have to be the only poster on BGOL that consistently makes himself look like bumbling fool everytime they post. I think you need to take your opinions back to the BGOL main board sport's posts.

Of course a coach (or any competitor for that matter) would be mad about the loss but on the flip side, despite a loss (especially in the early part of the season where the games mean less) a coach should praise him team's efforts and what they do well in the game other than completely bash his team for a loss. Especially if the coach has installed new schemes on O, D, or has a bunch of new players trying to get assimilated to his coaching system because its rare that a new group of players will be able to get it right off the bat and Im sure Coach Jackson was more than happy with his team's performance in the game despite taking the L.

But like I have said a countless number of times, you wouldnt know anything about that being that the highest level of ball you have played is in the rec league for the YMCA where the coach's only job is to make sure every gets atleast 15 mins in the game to not violate the league's 'fair play' policy. :smh:

You're just typing to see yourself aren't you? I just shitted out more intelligence than you have.

Seriously, who the fuck are you? What have you done basketball wise? What team did you coach? What team did you play on? Did you even play basketball in college? Wait, you didn't even go to college? Then why the fuck do you keep acting like you're fuckin Red Holzman. You're a fuckin fraudulent TNT watching waterboy jock strap sniffing muthafucka. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Why don't you apply your vast wealth of basketball knowledge for something other than riding Kobe's dick. Talking about what you once was, well what are you now? You were a nobody before. The number 3,234 rated high school player in the country.

You run from board to board crying about Kobe like a fuckin bitch. That's some gay ass groupie shit. In fact you act just like a chick, the way you bitch all the time. You're really taking advantage of that don't ask don't tell policy.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Clever said:
you are right the Lakers shouldnt be happy with the loss. But the way Kobe riders were talking, the only reason why the Lakers are even competitive this season is because of Kobe. So by your logic without Kobe the Lakers should have been blown out. The D-Leaguers (other starting four) even being competitive without all-world Kobe Bryant is a miracle unto itself.

Or the other way to look at it is Kobe is overrated and really doesnt improve a mediocre team all that much anyway since they were competitive without him.

How competitive do you expect a team to be that finally has a chance to "breath" and open up on offense. Kobe has hijacked the offense for the last 3 years and now you expect the other players to just "fall into form". Kobe Bryant is a guy that will dribble the ball up, go 1 on 5 and jack up a bad shot without his teammates even smelling the ball. This new found "freedom" from Kobe will take a while for the team to get used to. Unfortunately for them Al-Qobe will be back holding the offense hostage next game. We've seen good PG play from Smush, solid post play from Mihm, a new offensive weapon emerging in Cook, and Walton playing more intelligent ball. The Lakers did "win" in that respect last night

The Lakers proved that they could be competitive without their "star". The real question is how much better could they be with a better star. Im not so sure a nice trade Kobe for TMac or Nash wouldnt make this team better. The Lakers have some good pieces they just need a unselfish ball distributer.

TMac hasn't improved Houston, so how would he improve the Lakers :confused:

Solid PG play from Smush? He can score, but he rarely penetrates, is inconsistent and has he even gotten 6 assist in one game this season? He's not even averaging 4 assist.

Solid post play from Mihm? He has no post play, because of his size. All his points are jumpers, dishes where he has position and garbage points.

Cook...his game is comprised of meduim range jumpers.

TMac, Iverson, Wade(without Shaq), Melo all are around .500 or lower. So would they be better without their "stars"?

So you all keep going on and on, to prove how overrated Kobe is :rolleyes: Who has said Kobe is the best in the league :smh: And who are these Kobe riders. You all talk about him more than anyone on the board. Then don't even come on the main board to discuss him.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Complex said:
You're just typing to see yourself aren't you? I just shitted out more intelligence than you have.

No, Im typing to add my opinion to the subject matter of the discussion. Sorry that you think that anything you said in this thread was informative because what you see happening on the court with your analysis of the lakers continues to prove you are either blind or dont understand what is happening out on the court, which is OK, but it starts to get sad when you continue to speak on things you know nothing about (and thinking you have a valid point :smh: )

Complex said:
Seriously, who the fuck are you?

A true fan and student of the game of basketball.

Complex said:
What have you done basketball wise?

Nothing much other than compete in a few meaningless tournaments for a couple of meaningless Athletic Associations... Nothing that would compare to your blue chip high school and top prospect college career :rolleyes:

Complex said:
What team did you coach?

Non...Other than volunteer to help teach some of the younger kids I know or see playing. But then again, I dont know many head coaches my age.
Complex said:
What team did you play on?

A second or third rate instituion :rolleyes: along the Eastern part of the USA... Not too much competition from my parts...Especially all those NBA wanna bee rejects that came from my school. :smh: :rolleyes:

Complex said:
Did you even play basketball in college?

Complex said:
Wait, you didn't even go to college?

Yes to both...Wasnt good enough/ready to make the jump from highschool to the pros like you (or your butt buddy Wobe) :smh:

Complex said:
Then why the fuck do you keep acting like you're fuckin Red Holzman. You're a fuckin fraudulent TNT watching waterboy jock strap sniffing muthafucka. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Why don't you apply your vast wealth of basketball knowledge for something other than riding Kobe's dick. Talking about what you once was, well what are you now? You were a nobody before. The number 3,234 rated high school player in the country.

The old NYK coach? Before my time...

I dont think Im a 'Kobe dick rider'... Just mearly pointing out the (what I thought) were obvious flaws in his game to basketball novices such as yourself to help you get a better understanding of the game but obviously since you know so much about the game, maybe you can school me on why Kobe is the reason the lakers arent worse than the Atlanta Hawks right now. Why he will be a hall of famer :rolleyes: Why he will lead his teams to 50 win seasons for the rest of his career :rolleyes: How he will be able to put up 32 7 and 7 shooting over 50% from the field :rolleyes: How he plays lock down D that will get him a couple of Defensive Player of the Year Awards and ALL NBA First Team in D :rolleyes: and win that MVP trophy (his first of many) he is primed to get this year :rolleyes:

Dont think high school player rankings matter anymore now that Im not in highschool but Id like to think Im not a has been already being a few years out of school :confused:

Complex said:
You run from board to board crying about Kobe like a fuckin bitch. That's some gay ass groupie shit. In fact you act just like a chick, the way you bitch all the time. You're really taking advantage of that don't ask don't tell policy.

I do? What other boards do I do that on? Because due to my schedule, I havent had time to post much... on any board...But I do like to come here and post when I get time as this is one of the more informative boards out there. :yes:

Complex said:
TMac hasn't improved Houston, so how would he improve the Lakers :confused:

Because he's a prep to pro player and will never truly improve a team to championship level unless he is playing alongside someone better than him. Although I have to admit that he is one of the more unselfish prep to pro players. In McGrady's defense however, he has a lot less talent (with Yao being out)and coaching than the lakers have.

Complex said:
So you all keep going on and on, to prove how overrated Kobe is :rolleyes: Who has said Kobe is the best in the league :smh:.

Countless number of sports journalists and posters on BGOL...pretty much people who dont understand the game.

Complex said:
And who are these Kobe riders.

If you want to find some, you can start by looking in the mirror...

Complex said:
You all talk about him more than anyone on the board. Then don't even come on the main board to discuss him.

Because 90% of the people that post on the BGOL main board are just as ignorant about the game as you are so they can keep their conversation over there, while the knowlegable sports fan can continue to converse about things over here.

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered

I noticed that when the Lakers are winning, his teammates are happy. When they're losing, they tend to sing a totally different tune (just pointing out an innuendo made by Smush Parker).

"Kobe was hot shooting, making fadeaway jump shots from 25 feet away," Parker said. "It was good to have Kobe back. We got a brief taste of life without Kobe and we definitely missed him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AoyLGCvVVjRCf2o9A.2Yoj68vLYF?gid=2006010613

Damn it, Kobe! Now we have to go back to playing "well" without winning games. Damn you for being the prominent scorer on LA. We were running the offense so well without you that we completely forgot that we needed to score in order to win. After all, at the end of the season, a record with more wins than losses isn't the only thing that determines who makes the playoffs, is it?

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

And now Chucky is crying in Washington.

Another 40 point game with a 20 point win. No post :smh: If they would have lost, what would the post be like?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Havoc said:
I noticed that when the Lakers are winning, his teammates are happy. When they're losing, they tend to sing a totally different tune (just pointing out an innuendo made by Smush Parker).

"Kobe was hot shooting, making fadeaway jump shots from 25 feet away," Parker said. "It was good to have Kobe back. We got a brief taste of life without Kobe and we definitely missed him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AoyLGCvVVjRCf2o9A.2Yoj68vLYF?gid=2006010613

Damn it, Kobe! Now we have to go back to playing "well" without winning games. Damn you for being the prominent scorer on LA. We were running the offense we so well without you that we completely forgot to that we needed to score to win. After all, at the end of the season, a record with more wins than losses isn't the only thing that determines who makes the playoffs, is it?

I missed the game but I see that the Fakers blew out an overmatched 76ers team. Wobe had 48 on 19-29 shooting which is good :yes: However he is too inconsistent to duplicate a performance like that on a back to back basis. :smh:

I hope they keep winning so they can prove my preseason prediction right. :cool:

I wouldnt say the the Lakers couldnt score without Wobe because they put up 90 ppg with him away (on one of the best defensive teams in the league) but lets see what the Fakers will do in their "away" game today againt the LA Clippers.

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
Re: Nothing changes for me

xfactor said:
I missed the game but I see that the Fakers blew out an overmatched 76ers team. Wobe had 48 on 19-29 shooting which is good :yes: However he is too inconsistent to duplicate a performance like that on a back to back basis. :smh:

I hope they keep winning so they can prove my preseason prediction right. :cool:

I wouldnt say the the Lakers couldnt score without Wobe because they put up 90 ppg with him away (on one of the best defensive teams in the league) but lets see what the Fakers will do in their "away" game today againt the LA Clippers.

Unless you're talking about playoffs or Wilt Chamberlain, there aren't too many consistent scorers like that (scoring 40+ points a night while shooting a high percentage). The first half (scoring-wise) was horrible for Kobe (2-12) and so-so for the Lakers, but something happened in half time because they came back with a purpose. I am still maintaining my pre-season predictions made in another thread (playoffs), even with the recent wins. Unless, of course, there are injuries.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

xfactor said:

Overmatched :lol: Iverson, AI2 and a healthy Dalembart and Webber...come on now :rolleyes:

Nice how you don't see the good games, but see the bad ones :rolleyes: Then push it on to another game :lol:

How many players shoot 60% in back to back nights...Shaq :rolleyes:

Clippers: Kobe 50 points and a win :smh:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Complex said:
Overmatched :lol: Iverson, AI2 and a healthy Dalembart and Webber...come on now :rolleyes:

C,

Sorry but Webber is over the hill. Dalembert sucks and Igoudala is the most inconsistent player on the team. Try again...

Complex said:
Nice how you don't see the good games, but see the bad ones :rolleyes: Then push it on to another game :lol:

How many players shoot 60% in back to back nights...Shaq :rolleyes:

Clippers: Kobe 50 points and a win :smh:

I admitted that Wobe had a good game. 19-29 FGA is a good shooting night. Did you see me come in here and complain about the BAD shooting night he followed it up with? (Which my 15-40 FGA prediction was a couple of FGA off) Although if he was an efficient scorer, he wouldve put up 60 points off of FGA alone. :smh:

Question for you and H...

Do you really think him continuing to jack over 30 FGA a game and abadoning team play is going to translate to success when mid February rolls around?

Then when part 3 of the season starts (The playoffs), Do you really think that the fakers will have a chance at a 2nd round series coming from the 8th seed against the Spurs with Bryant going 1 on 5 for 30 mins of games? :confused:

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered

xfactor said:
C,

Sorry but Webber is over the hill. Dalembert sucks and Igoudala is the most inconsistent player on the team. Try again...

I admitted that Wobe had a good game. 19-29 FGA is a good shooting night. Did you see me come in here and complain about the BAD shooting night he followed it up with? (Which my 15-40 FGA prediction was a couple of FGA off) Although if he was an efficient scorer, he wouldve put up 60 points off of FGA alone. :smh:

Do you really think him continuing to jack over 30 FGA a game and abadoning team play is going to translate to success when mid February rolls around?

Then when part 3 of the season starts (The playoffs), Do you really think that the fakers will have a chance at a 2nd round series coming from the 8th seed against the Spurs with Bryant going 1 on 5 for 30 mins of games? :confused:

I want a secondary scorer on the Lakers. I don't care if Kobe Bryant never scores more than 40 points again in his career. If getting him someone else that can average 25 points a game means that he can't score over 40, then I am willing to take that sacrifice for the Lakers. I mean, it's sickening watching one player get the ball in the midst of double teams, then become forced to create a shot (or just jack it up like there's no such thing as a rim). Or, teammates that allow a player to basically shit on them by showing them up each and every night by scoring.

Then, it's got to hurt to hear the head coach making jokes on the players like "I swear they were just putting the ball up for him to swat away". You would think that as a player in the NBA, you would have more dignity than to allow your head coach to make jokes about you to the media while having one player get all the credit for winning a game, especially when you know that you could have done more to score (talking about Lamar Odom).

I don't honestly think that the Lakers have any real scorers here. Both Phil and Kobe have expressed concerns about relying on him to score all of the poitns for a team that quite a few don't believe will make it into the playoffs.

</venting>

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

xfactor said:
C,

You're so full of shit it's amazing. You bashed Philly's players, but act like the Lakers have a good squad :confused:

Yeah Chris isn't the player he once was, but he's played his best basketball in 3 years. He's averaging close to his old numbers of 20 and 10.

Andre isn't really a scorer, but he averages over 10 points and does a lot of the little things. Plus he shoots over 50%. He's consistent when he gets the shots. He starts and it's been games where he gets 3, 4 and 5 shots. Did you miss his 6 straight games of double figures lately? Maybe if Iverson passed him the ball more, he could get 20. Not consistent :lol: and Mihm and Smush are :lol:

Dalmbert...same with him, he shoots over 50% and averages almost 10. Chris Mihm only averages 1 more point than him and doesn't play as good on D.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

xfactor said:

So now your excuse is, well he's playing pretty good(for now)...but what are they going to do in the playoffs :smh:

They're going to lose in the playoffs, because their squad isn't as good as the others. One or two players can't do it.

Would the Lakers have a chance agaisnt the Spurs if Kobe had 20, 10 and 10 for the series :confused: The Lakers had a hard time with the Spurs with Shaq, and San Antonio is a better team on paper then they were then.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor

xfactor said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your hate of Toby is destroying you

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Complex said:
So now your excuse is, well he's playing pretty good(for now)...but what are they going to do in the playoffs :smh:

They're going to lose in the playoffs, because their squad isn't as good as the others. One or two players can't do it.

Would the Lakers have a chance agaisnt the Spurs if Kobe had 20, 10 and 10 for the series :confused: The Lakers had a hard time with the Spurs with Shaq, and San Antonio is a better team on paper then they were then.

Not really an excuse...Just giving the guy credit. I never said he didnt have talented or couldnt score but he cant play D, he doesnt make smart decisions with the basketball in crunch time, and he is a bad teammate on the court.

You brought up one of the two main myths regarding the lakers this year. The team has more talent than people give credit for but in my opinion are being held back by Wobe's over aggressive play on O.

LOL @ 20, 10, and 10... Which could be possible if Wobe knew how to effectively play team ball. He easily gets more touches on O than any player in the NBA.

The lakers beat San Antonio because of Shaq and only because of Shaq. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? :confused:

Makkonnen said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your hate of Toby is destroying you

Not really... But maybe I should watch sportscenter and not the actual game so I can see what it is like to be a fan boy. :rolleyes:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

xfactor said:
You brought up one of the two main myths regarding the lakers this year. The team has more talent than people give credit for but in my opinion are being held back by Wobe's over aggressive play on O.

The lakers beat San Antonio because of Shaq and only because of Shaq. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? :confused:

They beat San Antonio because of Shaq? Shaq and Tim was a wash, Kobe was the difference.

Smush - they player who has been waived by a couple of teams and played in the NBDL :confused:
Devean George - D3 basketball player, who wouldn't have been drafted by another team, knows the triangle but is average
Kwame - considered one of the worst #1 draft picks at this point
Chris Mihm - considered a lottery bust who a couple of teams gave up on
Lamar - the only player who could start for another team
McKie - Over the hill
Brian Cook - a soft PF, who mainly shoots jumpshots
Devin Green - D2 rookie
Medvendeko - shoots and that's it
Sasha - probably the worst foreign player in the league
Von Wafer - not worth mentioning
Luke Walton - nice basketball IQ who does a lot of the little things

Who is so great on this squad :confused:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Complex said:
They beat San Antonio because of Shaq? Shaq and Tim was a wash, Kobe was the difference.

No, I'd give that nod to Derek 'flat foot' Fisher :yes:

Complex said:
Smush - they player who has been waived by a couple of teams and played in the NBDL :confused:
Devean George - D3 basketball player, who wouldn't have been drafted by another team, knows the triangle but is average
Kwame - considered one of the worst #1 draft picks at this point
Chris Mihm - considered a lottery bust who a couple of teams gave up on
Lamar - the only player who could start for another team
McKie - Over the hill
Brian Cook - a soft PF, who mainly shoots jumpshots
Devin Green - D2 rookie
Medvendeko - shoots and that's it
Sasha - probably the worst foreign player in the league
Von Wafer - not worth mentioning
Luke Walton - nice basketball IQ who does a lot of the little things

Who is so great on this squad :confused:

I agree with everything you said except for the highlighted text. Just because he was cut doesnt mean Smush couldnt be a serviceable player in the league. Same with Mihm, he could be a 10 and 8 player with enough minutes and playing in the right system.

Odom could be an allstar if given the opportunity but sometimes his lack of aggressiveness will hold him back.

Von Wafer flat out sucks. I dont see how this bum got drafted yet better players like BJ Elder, Will Bynum, Darius Rice ('04), Jawad Williams, John Gilchrist, Sharrod Ford, hell even Big Luke didnt :confused:

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
Re: Numbers don't lie

xfactor said:
Not really an excuse...Just giving the guy credit. I never said he didnt have talented or couldnt score but he cant play D, he doesnt make smart decisions with the basketball in crunch time, and he is a bad teammate on the court.

LOL @ 20, 10, and 10... Which could be possible if Wobe knew how to effectively play team ball. He easily gets more touches on O than any player in the NBA.

Kobe scoring like that will not only cause the Lakers to lose because someone will have to step up big time on the defensive end (as Kobe will be scoring almost half as much as he normally does) to stop the other team from scoring. I don't know what makes you think that the other Lakers are capable of picking up the slack. So far, they've shown me that they hate scoring. They'd rather pass the ball to a guy that they KNOW is going to get double-teamed almost on contact with the ball and see what he's going to do with it. I'll admit, there are probably times where Kobe will demand the ball anyway simply because of excessive confidence in his abilities.

That thing about Shaq is just ridiculous. Do you have the figures for the 2002 playoffs? I do.

Shaquille O'Neal
Min FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG PPG
40.8 .595 .000 .649 12.60 2.8 28.5

Kobe Bryant
43.8 .514 .379 .759 5.80 4.6 26.6

Kobe and Shaq together averaged 63.1 points in the finals, 59% of the total 106 points the Lakers scored.

If any team had two people averaging these stats per game, consistently, then I'd like to think that they would stand an excellent chance of winning. Plus, there's not that much of a difference between the numbers here. Here are the 2001 playoffs.

2001 playoffs
Shaquille O'Neal
42.3 .555 .000 .525 15.4 3.2 30.4

Kobe Bryant
43.4 .469 .324 .821 7.3 6.1 29.4

Now are you still going to tell me that with these numbers, Shaq or Kobe played a more significant role than the other player? Obviously one made it easier for the other (Kobe getting double-teamed, passes it in to Shaq/Shaq getting fouled as usual, passes it out to Kobe or Derek Fisher for an open shot).

Kobe and Shaq together averaged 59.8 points in playoffs, 58% of the total 103.4 the Lakers scored.

Last edited:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Now that tobe has fouled out...

cranrab said:
the fakers can manage/tolerate < 10 of tobe's FGATOs, but if he has > 25 FGAs, the team is going to suffer and lose... PERIOD...

yawn... posted this on DECEMBER 8...

tonight, tobe had 21 FGAs, ho hum, fakers WIN...

last night, tobe had 29 FGAs, ho hum, fakers LOSE...

SCIENCE...

anybody who WATCHED the game saw what the other fakers NOT named tobe are capable of... TNT even copied me and showed the +/- with tobe off the floor... for those that couldn't catch the game it was +4... :D nothing new there...

if you stuck around to watch the post game, there were some interesting things expressed...

charles barkley must've been lurking on BGOL, because he repeated everything i've been saying about tobe's FGAs being detrimental to the performance of his teammates...

charles barkley also pointed out that the fakers played strongest with tobe on the bench in Q4...

earvin johnson proclaimed that lamar odom's knowledge of basketball was superior to that of ALL of his fakers' teammates...

earvin johnson proclaimed that tobe has NEVER been able to make his teammates better...

ho hum... guess that list of haters keeps on growing...

:lol:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
tobe lover defects?

does he have to turn in his tobe-lover rainbow card now?

j.a. adande is a tobe and fakers lover masquerading as a sports journalist... god forbid that home town writers ever remain objective in covering their local beat... :smh:

but i was surprised to read parts of his column this morning:

"For a while, Bryant was actually a detriment to his team .

What? you mean there's actually a tobe fan who is MAN enough to speak the TRUTH on occasion?

While Bryant sat on the bench for the first six minutes of the second quarter, the Lakers made five of six shots with assists on all five basketsand had no turnovers.

What? you mean its a fakers fan who is MAN enough to admit that the players NOT named tobe can actually ball? can earn their paychecks? aren't really keystone cops in purple and gold? can survive without tobe?

After Bryant and Lamar Odom returned midway through the quarter, the Lakers shot three for 14 with three turnovers. Bryant made his first shot but missed his next five shots after injuring the wrist.

What? you mean there's actually someone who paid attention to more than the LAST 2 MINUTES OF THE GAME? that tobe was responsible for hindering the fakers play? that the fakers could have improved their position had tobe not returned?

But the Lakers found ways to make it work without Bryant. Odom attacked the basket and scored 20 points to go with his 10 rebounds and nine assists. Chris Mihm had 15 points and Smush Parker 12. Devean George made all four of his shots and scored nine.

What? you mean a tobe love acknowledged that those passive, untalented bunch of hacks PROVED that they are skilled, talented, and capable of contributing?

Bryant sat for the first five minutes of the fourth quarter and was reluctant to shoot again when he re-entered.

His first jump shot was short, he missed a three-point fling as the shot clock expired, then blew past James down the baseline for a reverse layup that wouldn't drop.

my god, change IS possible... there IS hope that simpletons CAN outgrow their hero worship and recognize BASKETBALL when they see it...

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
fakers v. cavaliers

after reading the amusing reviews of last night's contest on BGOL and local newspapers, i have to chuckle at the consistent evidence of fakers/tobe fan stupidity...

as a result of last night's game, i've read remarks such as these:

"this proves that tobe is a better than lebron"

"this proves that tobe is the best basketball player in the league"

"this proves that tobe is clutch"

before i poke holes in these moronic claims, let me first congratulate the fakers on winning a HOME game, finally clearing the .500 mark. the fakers are now 9-8, and managed to beat the team who owns the eastern division's 2nd best record... cleveland fans probably aren't terribly surprised by the loss, after all, the cavaliers were already a LOSING club on the ROAD (now 6-8), and LOST their previous contest to the new york knicks...

let's turn to the first statement: "this proves that tobe is a better player than lebron james"

to those that utter this remarkable sentence, i ask "how does one arrive at that position?"

lebron james was 11-22 FGAs (including 2-3 behind the arc)
tobe was 9-21 FGAs (including 1-5 behind the arc)

lebron james had 9 assists
tobe had 2 assists

lebron james had 2 PFs (in 40 minutes played)
tobe had 4 PFs (in 37 minutes played)

lebron james had 2 rebounds
tobe had 2 rebounds

lebron james had 5 TOs
tobe had 5 TOs

lebron james was 4-9 FTAs
tobe was 8-8 FTAs

lebron james had 0 steals
tobe had 2 steals

neither player logged any blocked shots, so is the conclusion based on the superior FT shooting and additional steals?

or is the foolish claim made as a result of short attention span fanboys with tunnel vision on the last 90 seconds of the game? are the tobe lovers making their claims based on the last 3 FGs scored by tobe? PROBABLY.

it's just like a tobe fan to CONVENIENTLY FORGET that tobe was 6-18 (33%) FGAs going into the last 90 seconds... evidently in the minds of the dim-witted, making 3 consecutive shots can turn a player from a goat to a hero pretty quick...

before we take a look at the last 90 seconds, let me say that those last 3 FGs were tough looks, and each one more well defended than the last. tobe deserves credit for making those tough shots, but what do those 3 FGs prove? that he's a great player? that he's clutch?

NO. those 3 FGs simply prove that a streaky shooter with range can get hot at any time. sorry to disappoint the fanboys, but THAT'S ALL it proves.

WHY? take a look.

(1:30) [LAL 95-93] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (23 PTS)
(1:10) [CLE 95-95] Ilgauskas Driving Layup: Made (29 PTS) Assist: James (9 AST)

tobe hits the 1st FG. if that makes him clutch, then are you going to say that zydrunas ilgauskas is clutch too? you know, the guy that shot 11-15 FGAs (73%) last night? NO. you're not going to call him clutch, are you?

(0:50) [LAL 97-95] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (25 PTS)
(0:31) [CLE 97-97] Gooden Layup Shot: Made (15 PTS) Assist: Ilgauskas (3 AST)

tobe hits the 2nd FG. if that makes him clutch, then are you going to say that drew gooden is clutch too? you know, the guy that shot 7-11 FGAs (63%) last night? NO. you're not going to call him clutch, are you?

(0:08) [LAL 99-97] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (27 PTS)
(0:05) [LAL] Bryant Foul: Shooting (4 PF)

tobe hits the 3rd FG. on the next possession, lebron james posts up tobe off the feed from damon jones, spins baseline, and tobe has no choice but to hack lebron james to prevent a layup/dunk. is that a clutch play? clutch D? NO.

in fairness, lebron james wasn't clutch either. far from it. lebron james CHOKED. a career 75% FT shooter, lebron james stepped to the line only 3-7 (42%) with a chance to tie.

(0:05) [CLE] James Free Throw 2 of 2 missed
(0:04) [CLE] Gooden Rebound (Off:4 Def:7)

lebron james missed the 2nd FT, but drew gooden grabbed the rebound. funny how nobody mentions who missed their block out assignment on that play, huh?

(0:04) [CLE] Team Timeout: Regular
(0:00) [CLE] James Jump Shot: Missed

lebron james missed a FT and pulled up for a fallaway jumper instead of going to the rim... NOT clutch...

if tobe fans were fans of the SPORT, and not of the person, they would've easily pointed to THE PLAY BELOW as tobe's CRITICAL GAME WINNING PLAY, not any of the 3 FGs:

(2:53) [CLE] James Turnover: Bad Pass (5 TO) Steal: Bryant (2 ST)
(2:47) [LAL 92-90] George Jump Shot: Made (9 PTS) Assist: Bryant (2 AST)

THIS PLAY not only gave the fakers the lead, but it gave the fakers the advantage of possession in a 1 possession game...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Re: fakers v. cavaliers

Get a job Tommy

martin78.jpg