New York Hip-hop mogul Damon Dash claims he's deep in debt and close to eviction fro

bigman23

Rising Star
Registered
The piles of money he made with Jay-Z have been replaced by mountains of IOUs.

Hip-hop mogul Damon Dash is so deeply in debt that he claims in court documents he faces imminent eviction from a rented mansion in suburban Carmel, N.Y.

“I am currently several months behind in paying my personal bills,” he wrote Tuesday in the 5-page filing. “For instance, I am currently over $100,000 behind in rent for the only home in which I live and at risk of being evicted.”

Dash lost a pair of multimillion-dollar Tribeca lofts to foreclosure in 2010, with $7.3 million left on the massive mortgages.

He was platinum-selling Jay-Z’s partner in Roc-A-Fella Records and the Rocawear clothing line, and once boasted in a magazine interview that he ruled a $50 million empire.

An acrimonious 2004 split with his old pal initially netted Dash a $20 million windfall — but eventually left the 42-year-old facing hard financial times. Failed business deals, huge tax debts and repeated legal battles quickly left his deep pockets almost empty.

Court records show Dash lost a slew of lawsuits filed by landlords, fashion designer Charlotte Ronson and a celebrity bodyguard firm.

And pass-the-buck Dash claimed one business, dubbed “Fresh to Death,” was submarined by a “poor business decision made by my partners.” It was unclear what the business, named for a trademark Dash quote, actually did.

In addition to his foreclosed homes, his leased SUV was seized in 2008 after he missed his $714.99 monthly payment.

According to his court filing, Dash faces possible criminal prosecution for non-payment of taxes in New Jersey. Documents indicate Dash also owes more than $2 million in taxes to New York state, and he conceded owing federal income taxes.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lose-eviction-article-1.1341037#ixzz2SxUR7Usw

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: New York Hip-hop mogul Damon Dash claims he's deep in debt and close to eviction

How the mighty have fallen

Mad Genius

Avid CAC Slapper
BGOL Investor
Re: New York Hip-hop mogul Damon Dash claims he's deep in debt and close to eviction

this is what happens when you spend much of your career being a dick and pulling dick moves. too bad so sad.

debovette

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Its the ROC! - bottom.

Phermone3

Rising Star
Registered

Too much flossing...too much Sam Rothstein.

Mad Genius

Avid CAC Slapper
BGOL Investor

Justin-Timberlake-Jay-Z-Album-Feature.jpg

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Should have listen to the BGOL accountants..​

FUCK That bragging ass nigga. I just bought a 60 inch, he can have the box. Ill leave it under the GW

Punch

Rising Star
Registered

couldve saved a fortune on socks and drawz tho

DirtyCake

Superstar *****
Platinum Member

''...it was all good just a week ago...''

dame-dash-dance-o.gif

tumblr_m12bwfSlNI1r2v293o1_400.gif

1763802_o.gif

:hmm:
damondashtiredass.jpg
:hmm:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor

Again?

royal

Rising Star
Registered

damn

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

I never wear the same socks or tshirts twice.... Circa 10yrs ago Dame Dash on MTV cribs

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I remember dash said he wanted to be the first trillionaire..

he fuckin drank his dreams away and burned all his bridges..

I wonder if he had a chance to do it all over again what would you do different..

rage

International
International Member

He cannot be that stupid,he must have some dough invested somewhere.Surely worst ways he'll just have to live a comfortable life ie not lavish and get a normal job.He seems like a cocky S.O.B but he did at one point ride for Jay and the the rest of those Rocafella dudes.

Mad Genius

Avid CAC Slapper
BGOL Investor

He seems like a cocky S.O.B but he did at one point ride for Jay and the the rest of those Rocafella dudes.

he and jay would probably be cool to this day if he hadnt overstepped their friendship by giving cam a power position at rocafella. all bets were off after that. that is the move that began his downfall and its been a steady slide down shit mountain ever since.

john blackcorn

Rising Star
Registered

this coming from the man who once said he never wore the same shirt, underwear, or socks twice fuck em :lol:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Now, back to the good ol' days:

tumblr_mlw6xouk3R1r7exk8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mlw6svkwa91r7exk8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mlh96dOXhA1so6r1lo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mlfabf73GD1rmqz47o1_1280.jpg

yoda

Potential Star
Registered

Dame never had any capital in the game. Jay had his talent, Roca wear had it's designers, and Dame didn't realize his position in life. SHUT THA FUCK UP AND GET THIS MONEY!

mafioso81

Potential Star
Registered

Poor guy, maybe he can get a second chance, and not screw it up. I have never met this man personally so I don't know him or his situation, with that being said, it seems like he did burn alot of bridges.