New Trailer: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
When you see the originals first the copies just don't do it for you.

912xvDkaOqL._SL1500_.jpg

81v79hZ52PL._SY445_.jpg

landscape-1481456121-pjimage-16.jpg

Dirk-Gently-007.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many unanswered questions after season 2!
And I can't pick up the books cause the series was unfinished!!!
Ken is a bad guy now!
Bart wants to kill him!
What happens to the agency?!
Where is Amanda and the Rowdy 3 going?!
Does Pararibulitis play a part?!
What about Mona?!

Fuck you BBCA!
:angry:

First off..

Why have we NEVER discussed this before?!?#?

I'm halfway through the this season.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

*quietly*

...thank you...

First off..

Why have we NEVER discussed this before?!?#?

I'm halfway through the this season.

LOL
I don't know!
I was waiting for the episodes to build up so I can binge...I finished it over Christmas break, season finale was...two, three weeks ago I think?

I never expect the second season of anything to be great, (except for SHIELD), but it was good. Everyone was trying to really find themselves and it showed. Good, not great. BUT it was solid. But the end though...they CANT leave it the way it ended...

finish now

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
*quietly*

...thank you...

LOL
I don't know!
I was waiting for the episodes to build up so I can binge...I finished it over Christmas break, season finale was...two, three weeks ago I think?

I never expect the second season of anything to be great, (except for SHIELD), but it was good. Everyone was trying to really find themselves and it showed. Good, not great. BUT it was solid. But the end though...they CANT leave it the way it ended...

finish now

I will hit you up when I'm done!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'll be waiting

OK I got 3 episodes left and some immediate thoughts on Ken

OK so far

We must remember Ken was NEVER a "good" guy

his becoming a "partner" & friend to Bart was initially all about SELF preservation...

(and I thought in the end love, disappointed it looks like they were going to NOT pursue that cause I liked how that would have worked out)

And he tells Priest to NOT hurt the subjects

which he KNOWS Bart is one of.

But yeah his callousness over civilians was a startling revelation

but could also be the result of essentially being tortured for months in that taxi cab.

And if the DO turn him evil?

I would like that cause its RARE to have a well rounded Black villain

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OK I got 3 episodes left and some immediate thoughts on Ken

OK so far

We must remember Ken was NEVER a "good" guy

his becoming a "partner" & friend to Bart was initially all about SELF preservation...

(and I thought in the end love, disappointed it looks like they were going to NOT pursue that cause I liked how that would have worked out)

And he tells Priest to NOT hurt the subjects

which he KNOWS Bart is one of.

But yeah his callousness over civilians was a startling revelation

but could also be the result of essentially being tortured for months in that taxi cab.

And if the DO turn him evil?

I would like that cause its RARE to have a well rounded Black villain

When we met Ken in the first season he was committing a crime. He's not, Amanda who was 'safe' when we started.
I would have loved to see where Ken and Bart ended up. Ken being the tech head he is is all about knowledge, and he told dude that he knew how to get the projects to do what he wanted. He just lost himself in the knowledge of it all. And knowing that he could take it?

Wait... I had typed some other stuff and I had to delete it cause you said you three episodes out...

did NOT like Priest taking Farrah out with ONE blow like that.

I honestly don't think they know what to do with Farrah. Well liked, admired, strong, but has? to be weak for the sake of the story when it calls for it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When we met Ken in the first season he was committing a crime. He's not, Amanda who was 'safe' when we started.
I would have loved to see where Ken and Bart ended up. Ken being the tech head he is is all about knowledge, and he told dude that he knew how to get the projects to do what he wanted. He just lost himself in the knowledge of it all. And knowing that he could take it?

Wait... I had typed some other stuff and I had to delete it cause you said you three episodes out...

I honestly don't think they know what to do with Farrah. Well liked, admired, strong, but has? to be weak for the sake of the story when it calls for it.

You know...

I REALLY don't like Amanda

I have NO idea why she gets on my nerves.

I know and understand and empathize with her perspective

but damn it...she just gets way to self involved and martyr-like and little sister for me.

its like she HATES Todd...I mean REALLY hates him and resented him WAY before the lie.

And I notice the only "friends" she has?

Are the 4 dudes she can boss around.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I LOVE Farrah...and THAT is frustrating as f*ck for me cause they could have STILL made Priest a bad ass and had Farrah get some licks in.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many unanswered questions after season 2!
And I can't pick up the books cause the series was unfinished!!!
Ken is a bad guy now!
Bart wants to kill him!
What happens to the agency?!
Where is Amanda and the Rowdy 3 going?!
Does Pararibulitis play a part?!
What about Mona?!

Fuck you BBCA!
:angry:

I just realized

THIS might be the REAL reason for the cancellation...

‘Bright’ Screenwriter Max Landis Accused of Sexual Assault
Several women have taken to Twitter to allege that the writer of Netflix’s first blockbuster film—and son of legendary ‘Animal House’ director John Landis—has a history of abuse.

12.23.17 9:00 PM ET
Netflix’s first blockbuster movie, the $90 million fantasy-actioner Bright, is a steaming pile of orc shit; a nonsensical garbage pile featuring elves, orcs, a checked-out Will Smith, Chicanx gangster stereotypes worse than those regrettable “Homies” figurines (a trademark of its director David Ayer), and a slow-motion shootout set to Bastille that’ll make you want to go full Sam Neill in the final third of Event Horizon—that is, rip your own eyes out and run around naked attacking people.

It is also, according to the testimonies of several industry people on Twitter, written by an alleged sexual predator.

Bright was written by Max Landis, a 32-year-old screenwriter who became a hot Hollywood commodity after penning 2012’s found-footage superhero film Chronicle. Since then, however, he’s been attached to a string of misfires, from his directorial debut Me Him Her to the forgettable flicks American Ultra, Mr. Right, and Victor Frankenstein. In the wake of Bright’s critical drubbing, people have mocked Landis’ considerable privilege, given both the amount of opportunities he’s been given since Chronicle, a film that was more effects and performance-driven, and the fact that he is the son of John Landis, the celebrated filmmaker behind classics like National Lampoon’s Animal House, Trading Places, Coming to America, and the “Thriller” music video.

Despite the poor reception, Netflix has reportedly green-lit a sequel to Bright, with Smith attached in the starring role. It is unclear if Landis will be writing the script.

In the early hours Friday morning, Netflix’s official Twitter account sent out a tweet promoting the premiere of Bright, set to debut that day. Anna Akana, an actress who appeared in a Landis-helmed YouTube video titled Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling, responded to the tweet, writing: “Written by a psychopath who sexually abused and assaults women, right? Cool.”

The tweet from Akana, who did not elaborate further, led others to take to Twitter and accuse Landis of sexual misconduct—including Zoe Quinn, a prominent video game developer and artist, who unleashed a Twitter thread directed at Landis that began with: “Sometimes men who commit sexual assault are talented screenwriters and their work comes with baggage. other times, they’re Max Landis.” Quinn further alleged that Landis’ abuse was an “open secret” in Hollywood, and that she’d been withholding the story for a while because “him & his dad are powerful figures.”

Talk alluding to Landis’ alleged history of sexual misconduct has been floating around industry circles for quite some time. And back in early November, MAD magazine editor Allie Goertz sent out a cryptic tweet that read, “I can’t imagine who is more scared in a post-Weinstein world than a famous director’s son.” The tweet was, according to several people familiar, about Landis, and the thread prompted a reply from Akana, writing, “Believe you. Support you.”

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just realized

THIS might be the REAL reason for the cancellation...

‘Bright’ Screenwriter Max Landis Accused of Sexual Assault
Several women have taken to Twitter to allege that the writer of Netflix’s first blockbuster film—and son of legendary ‘Animal House’ director John Landis—has a history of abuse.

12.23.17 9:00 PM ET
Netflix’s first blockbuster movie, the $90 million fantasy-actioner Bright, is a steaming pile of orc shit; a nonsensical garbage pile featuring elves, orcs, a checked-out Will Smith, Chicanx gangster stereotypes worse than those regrettable “Homies” figurines (a trademark of its director David Ayer), and a slow-motion shootout set to Bastille that’ll make you want to go full Sam Neill in the final third of Event Horizon—that is, rip your own eyes out and run around naked attacking people.

It is also, according to the testimonies of several industry people on Twitter, written by an alleged sexual predator.

Bright was written by Max Landis, a 32-year-old screenwriter who became a hot Hollywood commodity after penning 2012’s found-footage superhero film Chronicle. Since then, however, he’s been attached to a string of misfires, from his directorial debut Me Him Her to the forgettable flicks American Ultra, Mr. Right, and Victor Frankenstein. In the wake of Bright’s critical drubbing, people have mocked Landis’ considerable privilege, given both the amount of opportunities he’s been given since Chronicle, a film that was more effects and performance-driven, and the fact that he is the son of John Landis, the celebrated filmmaker behind classics like National Lampoon’s Animal House, Trading Places, Coming to America, and the “Thriller” music video.

Despite the poor reception, Netflix has reportedly green-lit a sequel to Bright, with Smith attached in the starring role. It is unclear if Landis will be writing the script.

In the early hours Friday morning, Netflix’s official Twitter account sent out a tweet promoting the premiere of Bright, set to debut that day. Anna Akana, an actress who appeared in a Landis-helmed YouTube video titled Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling, responded to the tweet, writing: “Written by a psychopath who sexually abused and assaults women, right? Cool.”

The tweet from Akana, who did not elaborate further, led others to take to Twitter and accuse Landis of sexual misconduct—including Zoe Quinn, a prominent video game developer and artist, who unleashed a Twitter thread directed at Landis that began with: “Sometimes men who commit sexual assault are talented screenwriters and their work comes with baggage. other times, they’re Max Landis.” Quinn further alleged that Landis’ abuse was an “open secret” in Hollywood, and that she’d been withholding the story for a while because “him & his dad are powerful figures.”

Talk alluding to Landis’ alleged history of sexual misconduct has been floating around industry circles for quite some time. And back in early November, MAD magazine editor Allie Goertz sent out a cryptic tweet that read, “I can’t imagine who is more scared in a post-Weinstein world than a famous director’s son.” The tweet was, according to several people familiar, about Landis, and the thread prompted a reply from Akana, writing, “Believe you. Support you.”

Penis is about as bad for the entertainment industry as the writers strike.

Just dissolve the partnership and find some new writers and an EP. Give him his 2% cut for rebooting the show and be done. Ain't nobody checking for a Max Landis shit no way. As long as you cut ties, ain't no one gonna care he worked on the first episode before the scandal...maybe I'm just bullshitting but my damn.

And @Database Error I watched the pilot of the 2010 Dirk and...yeah...

It used the same time travel angel from the first season of the 2016 Dirk and...dude would make a good Doctor. I can say that.

The new Dirk seems to be very much rooted in fantasy, this 2010 Dirk is very realistic. I wonder which end the books were leaning on?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Penis is about as bad for the entertainment industry as the writers strike.

Just dissolve the partnership and find some new writers and an EP. Give him his 2% cut for rebooting the show and be done. Ain't nobody checking for a Max Landis shit no way. As long as you cut ties, ain't no one gonna care he worked on the first episode before the scandal...maybe I'm just bullshitting but my damn.

And @Database Error I watched the pilot of the 2010 Dirk and...yeah...

It used the same time travel angel from the first season of the 2016 Dirk and...dude would make a good Doctor. I can say that.

The new Dirk seems to be very much rooted in fantasy, this 2010 Dirk is very realistic. I wonder which end the books were leaning on?

I dint know if my mind is still able to read a Sci fi book like I was able to when I was younger.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Of course they cancel this show...

JUST when they create one of the only and most complex multi layered African American anti-heroes in modern TV Sci Fi genre

Its like this entire SEASON was just setting up for the 3rd season.

I'm NOT a big Amanda fan but now that she is the official leader of the Rowdy 3, made up with her brother Todd AND has the wand?

And remember the PORTAL in the house is STILL open!

It looks like Freidkin is going to go from an idiot to a damn godlike creature

Now Dirk KNOWS what he is, that confidence could have been a MAJOR turn for the character

I like Todd and Farrah as a couple.

And in the end..Farrah is STILL a bad ass and they REALLY need to keep it as such

But that ending...it was so damn DEEP.

Bart is a holistic assassin but also a tool of the universe MORE SO than anyone else (maybe only Dirk who REALLY works on the whim of the universe but he is more like a corrector)

Bart actually COMMUNICATES with the universe.

That line where she tells Ken the universe kinda wants me to kill you

but SOMEHOW Ken knows at THIS point?

Bart can CONTROL that? And in a way he can CONTROL her?

What does that even MEAN?

And Ken is complicated as f*ck.

"In my world there are no good guys"

He was SICK of the randomness of it all.

He wants CONTROL and ORDER.

He seen the sheer death and chaos caused by these beings CLOSE UP

Its like he REPRESENTS tall the collateral damage form the first season.

I'm sure being trapped in that taxi for months didn't help.

Also I feel like there was gonna be MORE with the dog.

I could go on and on.

I REALLY hope Netflix picks up this show.

Last edited:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Of course they cancel this show...

JUST when the create only of the most complex multi layered African American anti-hero in TV Sci Fi genre

Its like this entire SEASON was just setting up for the 3rd season.

I'm NOT a big Amanda fan but now that she is the official leader of the Rowdy 3, made up with her brother Todd AND has the wand?

And remember the PORTAL in the house is STILL open!

It looks like Freidkin is going to go from an idiot to a damn godlike creature

Now Dirk KNOWS what he is, that confidence could have been a MAJOR turn for the character

I like Todd and Farrah as a couple.

And in the end..Farrah is STILL a bad ass and they REALLY need to keep it as such

But that ending...it was so damn DEEP.

Bart is a holistic assassin but also a tool of the universe MORE SO than anyone else (maybe only Dirk who REALLY works on the whim of the universe but he is more like a corrector)

Bart actually COMMUNICATES with the universe.

That line where she tells Ken the universe kinda wants me to kill you

but SOMEHOW Ken knows at THIS point?

Bart can CONTROL that? And in a way he can CONTROL her?

What does that even MEAN?

And Ken is complicated as f*ck.

"In my world there are no good guys"

He was SICK of the randomness of it all.

He wants CONTROL and ORDER.

He seen the sheer death and chaos caused by these beings CLOSE UP

Its like he REPRESENTS tall the collateral damage form the first season.

I'm sure being trapped in that taxi for months didn't help.

Also I feel like there was gonna be MORE with the dog.

I could go on and on.

I REALLY hope Netflix picks up this show.

YES!!

And let's not forget that there is a shapeshifter at the detective agency. Further adding on to the fact that the new overall mission is to find these beings.

And Ken and Bart...with Priest in the mix...season 3 would have been so many twists and deep...the relationships...and my thing is characters...omg...

I still got two more episodes to go on the 2010 DG. I realized it's not fun watching over an hour programe on my laptop so it's taking a while. But it's ok. Makes me wonder if maybe in a couple of years of BBC might reboot the show, but playing off of the American storyline...I think it can be done. But who wants to wait?

I need some food now.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@melonpecan

not to give the writers TOO MUCH credit and also go SUPER Black but....

Ken FINALLY is given power and authority based SOLELY on his OWN merits his intelligence

not his history his look etc

just his INTELLIGENCE

and knowing there is a LARGER force behind EVERYTHING?

As a black man couldn't that break him?

Like this "FORCE" allowed slavery and poverty and pain and sickness and death...

arbitrarily?

So Black people and people of color have been oppressed o a WHIM of the UNIVERSE?

just saying

that COULD be a motivation that drives him mad.

(and the ONLY "specials" of color? are sidekick members of the Rowdy 3 just saying)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
YES!!

And let's not forget that there is a shapeshifter at the detective agency. Further adding on to the fact that the new overall mission is to find these beings.

And Ken and Bart...with Priest in the mix...season 3 would have been so many twists and deep...the relationships...and my thing is characters...omg...

I still got two more episodes to go on the 2010 DG. I realized it's not fun watching over an hour programe on my laptop so it's taking a while. But it's ok. Makes me wonder if maybe in a couple of years of BBC might reboot the show, but playing off of the American storyline...I think it can be done. But who wants to wait?

I need some food now.

That shapeshifter is just too DAMN powerful

as comic book reader I always had difficulty with the ALL POWERFUL characters (Galactus, Thanos, Death, Odin, Phoenix, the Living Tribunal etc)...it was just always a little too much for me to wrap my head around

And that NEW Blackwing? would have been DOPE.

especially cause you KNOW Friedkin 2.0 was GOING to pop back up.

And I guarantee that there would have been a scene where the universe spoke THROUGH Bart DIRECTLY to Ken.

sidebar...

yeah watching on my PC or tablet or phone is NOT the same

it just FEELS off, but it helps in a pinch.

I really hope they just give this modern version of Dirk proper closure

I wonder why creators don't have that LOCKED into their agreements

that if we go at LEAST one full season?

You have to earmark monies to close off the story if I wish.

And damn it if I'm not hungry too.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@melonpecan

not to give the writers TOO MUCH credit and also go SUPER Black but....

Ken FINALLY is given power and authority based SOLELY on his OWN merits his intelligence

not his history his look etc

just his INTELLIGENCE

and knowing there is a LARGER force behind EVERYTHING?

As a black man couldn't that break him?

Like this "FORCE" allowed slavery and poverty and pain and sickness and death...

arbitrarily?

So Black people and people of color have been oppressed o a WHIM of the UNIVERSE?

just saying

that COULD be a motivation that drives him mad.

(and the ONLY "specials" of color? are sidekick members of the Rowdy 3 just saying)

Oooo

I don't think they would go that deep though. Maybe they would. But the fantasy of it all...I don't need it. But considering that there really isn't any backstory on Ken, his whole raison d'etre still has time to be masterfully crafted.

Also, unless the show is Black created, I'm not expecting POC. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but I've been let down too many times before in television and movies. I'm not expecting it, though it would be nice. Which is why I am so excited for Black Panther because its success will show that we WANT POC all throughout the cast.

But getting back to DG, we don't know who else escaped from Blackwing, or who is on their radar...it could be a gang gaggle of POC's. (wishful thinking)

That shapeshifter is just too DAMN powerful

as comic book reader I always had difficulty with the ALL POWERFUL characters (Galactus, Thanos, Death, Odin, Phoenix, the Living Tribunal etc)...it was just always a little too much for me to wrap my head around

And that NEW Blackwing? would have been DOPE.

especially cause you KNOW Friedkin 2.0 was GOING to pop back up.

And I guarantee that there would have been a scene where the universe spoke THROUGH Bart DIRECTLY to Ken.

sidebar...

yeah watching on my PC or tablet or phone is NOT the same

it just FEELS off, but it helps in a pinch.

I really hope they just give this modern version of Dirk proper closure

I wonder why creators don't have that LOCKED into their agreements

that if we go at LEAST one full season?

You have to earmark monies to close off the story if I wish.

And damn it if I'm not hungry too.

She is powerful. Not only am I a shape shifter, but I am usable?
However I don't see her there every episode. She's not what is going to keep the story moving. I mean, think about, she was Dirks jacket when Todd sent Amanda off with the Rowdy 3. She's going to be 'things' episode to episode, and bring that bit of information as espionage when needed.

And as for the contracts, I think SHIELD has something like that or at least on the table. I read something a while back that said the Whedon clan knows how they want the show to end they just need the heads up on if whatever season is their last. I wish showrunners did put this in their clauses though...even if its shorts on YT or something. An hour and a half movie. Something.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
“We are beyond proud of this brilliant original series and so appreciative of the outstanding team behind it including Max Landis, Samuel Barnett, Elijah Wood, and many many others,” said BBC America in a statement. “It was a privilege to work with this talented and passionate group of writers, producers and actors on these two seasons of Dirk. Thanks also to the passionate fans who embraced this fantastically novel world.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Thank You, #DirkGentlyBBCA Fans
BBC AMERICA| DECEMBER 18TH, 2017

Dear Dirk Gently fans,

Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency brought together an incredible group of talented, creative people to make something truly original that celebrates how weird and wonderful the universe can be. We are so proud to work with the writers, producers and actors who created this brilliant world. We’ve seen your passionate social campaigns for another season of Dirk Gently and we regret to say that Season 2 will be the last season on BBC America.

We have been so inspired by your rowdy imagination, your wild passion and whip-smart humor. We’ve tweeted with you every episode, watched you make incredible fan art and most importantly, build great friendships. Dirk Gently fans aren’t just great fans, they’re great friends, too. You’ll continue to find connections, overcome great obstacles, make amends, help others, and create your own family of weirdos, chosen or not.

Thank you, Dirk Gently fans, for everything.

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” -Douglas Adams.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/dir...cy/blog/2017/12/thank-you-dirkgentlybbca-fans