More Fuckery: Pacquiao-Mosley Possible at 148, For WBC 154 Title

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sure we do.
Speaking for myself, I take Zef seriously when he's talking boxing even if I vehemently disagree. Shit I even find him funny at times (dude has an off kilter sense of humor and I mean that as a compliment). I think adults can disagree strongly and still be respectful (see other thread the back and forth between myself and merce77). But when he goes into some other shit, I check out and just ignore his blather.

I appreciate that statement. Even the part about the blather. I listen to you guys too and just zone out what I consider blather too. Nothing wrong with that. As Shakespeare once said, "it's all good".

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I can agree with that but when quoting Floyd Sr, it should be noted that he makes a lot of quotes that often don't bear out.

He did NOT almost prove him right. It was an even fight through the first half, leaning Mayweather and then he pulled away.
Not sure how the Mayweather/Mosley wins over DLH are relevent but I agree and I've said as much. Mosley beat him in his prime, Mayweather on the decline. It should be pointed out that Mayweather was fighting a 160lbs DLH while he only weighed about 150.

It's strange how I can agree with you but you still want to argue points. Southpaws can be trouble for orthodox fighters. We agree on that and I can't remember us not. But to say they gave him stylistic fits leaves out the fact that neither of them won more than 2-3 rds off him.
He was knockdown (glove touched the mat) in both but only one was counted. I can't remember which it was.

Mayweather didn't take over after the 4th, he won the 3rd and the 4th, with Judah having a flare of offense in the closing moments of the 4th. Then he dominated him throughtout until giving him the 12th by not fighting.

Seeing how Pacquiao's only fought one true counterpuncer with any semblance of defense I went to see how many punches he threw against JMM
Not even close to 100 and his accuracy was horrible
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=compubox-manny-pacquiao-juan-manuel-marquez

That was the first fight. I think it's a given that Manny did grow and improve as a fighter by the second one. Still not great results.
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=compubox-juan-manuel-marquez-manny-pacquiao

Now if he fights that fight against Mayweather, who proved with Mosley he can take a hard punch twice in the 2nd round so that would eliminate the knockdowns he got on JMM, he'll lose. Statistically speaking. Anything can happen in the ring.

Good points. I mean, this can go either way. We won't know until the fights actually come off. Who would have predicted that P Williams would be destroyed like he was? As for the agreeing and disagreeing, I really don't mind it either way as long as it's not some "my opinion is better and you don't know shit", stuff. I'm never afraid to have an unpopular opinion or to be the oddball out in a debate. So if I disagree, it's nothing personal unless I'm responding to what I interpret as a personal attack.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Nah that was the fight against the little Mexican dude, it was either against Jesus Chavez or Famous Hernandez, I can't remember which.

Yeah that was a wack ass figt where pbf hand bad hands and touch the floor. It was one of many fights where he fought a dude that had no chance. It was also the fight where they clowned pbf for not selling out his hometown. Pbf and manny owe oscar for making them ticket draws.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I appreciate that statement. Even the part about the blather. I listen to you guys too and just zone out what I consider blather too. Nothing wrong with that. As Shakespeare once said, "it's all good".

I remember that play. Classic.:D

Good points. I mean, this can go either way. We won't know until the fights actually come off. Who would have predicted that P Williams would be destroyed like he was? As for the agreeing and disagreeing, I really don't mind it either way as long as it's not some "my opinion is better and you don't know shit", stuff. I'm never afraid to have an unpopular opinion or to be the oddball out in a debate. So if I disagree, it's nothing personal unless I'm responding to what I interpret as a personal attack.

Cool. Now I know I'm guilty of this and I have no plans to change. I only whip that out when it seems like the person is just regurgitating something they heard somewhere else. If I wanted to talk to those people, I'd participate more on the main board.

Yeah that was a wack ass figt where pbf hand bad hands and touch the floor. It was one of many fights where he fought a dude that had no chance. It was also the fight where they clowned pbf for not selling out his hometown. Pbf and manny owe oscar for making them ticket draws.

Yep. If Bob Arum had worked to get Floyd the De La Hoya fight like he wanted, he would have both Floyd and Manny right now.

Does Oscar still have a piece of Manny. I know he did as part of a settlement but I don't know if he still does.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34274

Margarito's Manager: Pacquiao Made Tony See Double

By Lem Satterfield

When Antonio Margarito was busted up by Manny Pacquiao back on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium, the tough Mexican boxer was barely able to see after four rounds. Pacquiao fractured Margarito's right orbital bone in the fourth and won a twelve round unanimous decision to capture the vacant WBC 154-pound title.

"Before the finish of the fourth round, Antonio told us that he was seeing two Pacquiao's at the same time," said Margarito's co-manager, Francisco Espinosa, told FanHouse. "At the same time, he was joking, 'Well, I mean, should I throw punches at both of them?' But you know, that's what happened. And you know, Tony, he's a tremendous guy with a lot of heart, and he stood right there for his fans."

During the twelve rounds, Pacquiao landed 474 blows on Margarito. The entire corner of Margarito received plenty of negative press for allowing the damage to continue for twelve rounds.

"We've had good reactions and bad reactions, you know, 'Blame it on the corner,' and, 'Why didn't you stop the fight?'" said Espinosa. "But we had a little talk before the fight regarding Tony, and he said, 'Unless they knock me down, three or four times, you know, stop the fight. But, you know, don't do nothing, Francisco, don't stop my fight.'"

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Putting your faith in Sr. observations isn't the best thing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34271

Mayweather Sr: Mosley Can Box Pacquiao's Ass Off!

By Jhonny Gonzalez

Not many experts are giving Shane Mosley a good chance to beat WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. gives Mosley a good shot because he doesn't think Pacquiao is a good defensive fighter. He gives Mosley a chance to trouble based on his better boxing ability and physical strength.

"Pacquiao's defense is sh*t. He can be hit all night. I mean he's 40, but Mosley is still strong. You saw what happened in the fight with my son? [Mosley hurt Floyd Mayweather Jr. in round two]. Shane can hit him all night. I don't know if Shane can do the same thing to Pacquiao and knock him out. These other guys couldn't knock him out. He walked through Cotto and Margarito like nothing. If he puts in the work, Shane can box Pacquiao's ass off," Mayweather Sr. told Nick Gonzalez.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
Putting your faith in Sr. observations isn't the best thing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34271

Mayweather Sr: Mosley Can Box Pacquiao's Ass Off!

By Jhonny Gonzalez

Not many experts are giving Shane Mosley a good chance to beat WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. gives Mosley a good shot because he doesn't think Pacquiao is a good defensive fighter. He gives Mosley a chance to trouble based on his better boxing ability and physical strength.

"Pacquiao's defense is sh*t. He can be hit all night. I mean he's 40, but Mosley is still strong. You saw what happened in the fight with my son? [Mosley hurt Floyd Mayweather Jr. in round two]. Shane can hit him all night. I don't know if Shane can do the same thing to Pacquiao and knock him out. These other guys couldn't knock him out. He walked through Cotto and Margarito like nothing. If he puts in the work, Shane can box Pacquiao's ass off," Mayweather Sr. told Nick Gonzalez.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Very good logical points one might consider here..i have always thought simular to what u say here...but most that come here offten won't
even consider what your saying even a little bit..how over looking are they...do they even know:confused:

:smh: You think that is the problem? The problem is when someone comes back and makes a counter argument... there is usually no follow up response that is even logical or even about boxing. That is were the frustration comes in, but it is never that I, personally, don't consider another point of view.

I love boxing and I think about this shit thoroughly. The only reason I come here is to bounce my opinions off of other boxing heads and learn about different shit. So I expect niggas to question my opinions and if I don't make sense... I expect to be roasted. It isn't that niggas didn't consider what I was saying... it is that niggas took my shit under full consideration and saw flaws.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
:smh: You think that is the problem? The problem is when someone comes back and makes a counter argument... there is usually no follow up response that is even logical or even about boxing. That is were the frustration comes in, but it is never that I, personally, don't consider another point of view.

I love boxing and I think about this shit thoroughly. The only reason I come here is to bounce my opinions off of other boxing heads and learn about different shit. So I expect niggas to question my opinions and if I don't make sense... I expect to be roasted. It isn't that niggas didn't consider what I was saying... it is that niggas took my shit under full consideration and saw flaws.

I thought that was the fun of it.:yes:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Blueprint to Beating Manny Pacquiao:

#1. Attack the Body

Pacquiao has blitzed through the boxing world in the last five years, but there was a time when he didn’t appear to be invincible. He has lost and he’s been knocked out, specifically, by a body punch.

Recently, we’ve also seen Pacquiao hurt, maybe as much as casual fans can even remember, in his last fight with Antonio Margarito by body shots while he was against the ropes.

He looked like he wanted to go down and even admitted after the fight that the body shots had him in trouble.

#2.Work off of the Jab

Any of the fighters that have a real chance at beating Pacquiao at this stage in his career need to work off the jab. Much like the feint, the jab has shown to totally disrupt Pacquiao’s movement, especially when he’s bouncing on his toes and moving in and out.

Morales did well to jab Pacquiao in the first fight but almost abandoned it in the second fight and tried to make the fight a war, which was obviously a bad idea.

Marquez, on the other hand, displayed the best use of a jab against Pacquiao that I can remember. Morales and Marquez both did a good job of jabbing to the face AND the body.

Marquez continually jabbed Pacquiao to the liver and all but stopped Pacquiao from coming forward in the middle rounds of the fight. Another thing that has always frustrated me is that fighters will keep trying to jab Pacquiao to the head when he’s moving his head; no one has ever just started jabbing him to the chest.

This is something taught from the amateur level into the pros, but it’s under utilized at the pro level.

Being jabbed to the chest almost never really hurts, but it’s bothersome and annoying. More importantly, it throws a fighter off of their game plan and gets them to stop moving their head as much.

Pacquiao can be hard to land a good punch against when he’s at his best. You need all the help you can get.

#3.The Art of the Feint

When I was growing up, my older brother used to act like he was going to hit me in the arm and if I flinched, he would hit me twice for flinching. If I didn’t flinch, he would just hit me anyways. More often than not though, I flinched, because he was a master of the feint. I was always certain that he was about to hit me.

Feinting really is an art.

You use this mock attack to disrupt someone else’s timing and to set up other punches, whether as a big brother bullying your younger, feeble brother or as a prize fighter.

Two fighters employed this method better than anyone else and also had the best results of anyone facing Pacquiao in the last five years: Erik Morales and Juan Manuel Marquez.

Morales had one of the better feint sequences I can remember when he faced Pacquiao in their first fight together in 2005.

Morales was backing Pacquiao up towards the corner and threw a jab. Pacquiao raised both of his hands to guard his face as Morales feinted a looping overhand right. He stopped halfway through throwing the punch and landed a clean uppercut with his left hand.

Morales used the feint several times in this fight and by no coincidence, he won.

Marquez set up counterpunching opportunities by feinting, as well, in both of his fights with Pacquiao and had great success.

You’ll also hear some fighters grunt while they throw punches, like Glen Johnson for instance. While this helps you gain some added leverage by tightening your stomach while throwing a punch, it also helps you sell a feint. If you start throwing the punch and you grunt, an opposing fighter is pretty well fooled into thinking that you’re actually going to throw one and that’s the whole point.

#5.Ring Generalship/Control the Pace of the Fight/Footwork

Of all the things said so far, this may be the most important. Granted, you can’t win a fight by not throwing a punch, but all the fighters at the elite level have punching power, speed or both. Plenty of fighters that fight at the championship level still have poor footwork.

Poor footwork was the nail in the coffin for De La Hoya. He was dragging his right foot every time he threw a punch with his right hand. He wasn’t on his toes or bouncing on his feet.

Margarito has terrible footwork and, coupled with his lack of speed, that made him a sitting duck unless he was able to pin Pacquiao on the ropes.

Ricky Hatton walks straight in most of the time and paid dearly for it.

The list goes on.

Going to the body, working off the jab and feinting all help slow Pacquiao down and make him change his game plan. Freddie Roach isn’t a trainer that offers great advice for any of his fighters if the fight isn’t going well.

If you can derail the game plan for Pacquiao, he fights on instinct and takes more chances. This works in a fighter's favor if they don’t get careless.

#6.Throw Uppercuts/Punch Through His Guard

Many fighters, like Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto for instance, hold their hands to the side of their head in a high guard defensive stance while blocking. Pacquiao has never been difficult to hit right down the middle when he’s facing a fighter that throws straight and accurate punches such as Morales, Marquez, Cotto and Clottey.

I picked De La Hoya to beat Pacquiao because I thought that Oscar intended to fight from distance and use his superior jab against Pacquiao.

I was totally wrong.

De La Hoya fought flat footed and kept trying to jab at Pacquiao’s head and never jabbed to the body or chest to stop Pacquiao’s head movement. Terrible game plan, terribly executed.

I thought Clottey had a real chance to beat Pacquiao because of his sharp and accurate punching, but I didn’t know he was only going to throw a handful of punches in each round.

Anyone that has seen Pacquiao fight knows that he’s prone to eating uppercuts over and over again. He has no defense against it if you’re close to him. His best shot to defend against it is if he happens to hit you harder at the same time you’re throwing a punch.

Morales, Marquez, Cotto, Clottey and Margarito all found a home for the uppercut and landed it often. Morales and Marquez used the uppercut as part of a combination, which worked beautifully to land other punches after the uppercut (which is how an uppercut should be used anyways).

Margarito is painfully slow but was still able to land the uppercut with some success. Regardless of how tough a fighter may be, no one wants to eat uppercuts.

If not the most, it's one of the most damaging punches you can land. It wears down your chin and tires your neck and shoulders.

#7.Defense/Counter Punching

I think it goes without saying that you can’t beat Pacquiao without good defense, but working off of that defense and punching in return would be paramount in beating him.

It almost seems like so many fighters want to knock Pacquiao out that they are aimlessly aggressive. Most fighters he’s fought have fallen into this and, as Pacquiao has matured and improved as a fighter, he’s turned into a pretty good counter puncher himself.

Marquez used the jab to slow Pacquiao down and disrupt his timing, but he also made Pacquiao pay if he missed while throwing a punch. There’s only been two times where it looked like Manny might actually be hurt in the last few years, which is remarkable.

Like I mentioned earlier, Margarito got Pacquiao on the ropes and hurt him with body shots, but Marquez rocked Pacquiao with a counter left hook as Pacquiao was backing up and didn’t have his hands blocking his face. It totally caught him off guard and made him stumble for a second.

Counter punching also throws him off of his game plan and slows down his aggression and in and out movement.

Pacquiao has made bad habits of leaving his hands down while punching or after a punch. The old adage in boxing is “The worst punch is the one you don’t see coming” and counter punching offers you the best opportunity to land one of these punches.

8.Stamina

Pacquiao is always in great shape, so you have to be able to match his stamina.

He doesn’t fade in fights, but he’s slowed down in the past. Going to the body will pay major dividends later in the fight, and he actually looked tired at times against Margarito.

Blame that on his lack of training or not having a good training camp, but he also took some serious body shots and he’s throwing more punches now at the higher weights as well.

He might be a little more prone to wearing down late in the fight.

9.Maintain Composure/Avoid a Firefight

Morales and Marquez both did well against Pacquiao, but they got careless at times and were knocked down in doing so.

Morales switched to southpaw and went toe to toe with Pacquiao in the 12th round of their first fight. One of the most exciting moments I can remember in a fight in a long, long time. One of the problems going into the second fight for Morales, Pacquiao was wearing Reyes gloves instead of the Japanese brand Winning.

A lot of fighters use the Winning brand of gloves in training, including Pacquiao, because they offer better padding and protection over the knuckles, but most of the fighters switch to another brand in an actual fight because they don’t hurt the other fighter as much.

Pacquiao kept using them, so his punches had much more of an effect on Morales.

Morales admitted that he didn’t think Pacquiao was a strong puncher because he beat him so easily the first time, but he couldn’t handle his power in their second and third fights.

Marquez was fighting well and appeared to have Pacquiao on his heels when he was knocked down by a short left hand that he didn’t see coming. He wanted to hurt Pacquiao so badly that it cost him. They also exchanged many punches, and Pacquiao always got the better of Marquez when they did.

Cotto was also fighting well in the first four to five rounds, but he was also hurt and knocked down twice in that time. I think Cotto definitely isn’t the same fighter he used to be before the fight with Margarito and he doesn’t sit down on his punches anymore.

He wasn’t able to really hurt Pacquiao, but his jab and uppercut presented early problems for Pacquiao.

10.Don't Be Afraid to Make Adjustments

Virtually every fighter Pacquiao has faced has fought him with one game plan.

The fighters had no plan B unless their name was Morales and Marquez. You could make the case that Morales and Marquez fought with a different game plan as the fight went on, but they have more tools than a lot of other fighters and can fight in a number of different ways. They did make some adjustments on the fly and they worked well for them

Marco Antonio Barrera was just outgunned both times he fought Pacquiao. Normally a versatile fighter, he was forced to fight Pacquiao’s fight.

Hatton had a game plan and after being knocked down twice in the first round he came out trying to make it a fire fight and paid dearly for it.

De La Hoya fought the same way all night, with the same feeble attempt to throw jabs or right hands. There was no backup plan.

Margarito went into his fight with Pacquiao with a plan. He attempted to jab Pacquiao from long range and actually stuck to that plan longer than most would’ve expected. His disparity in hand speed was quickly evident, and he started to fight the way he has for years. He tried to jab his way in and smother Pacquiao, and that’s when he had the most success and also the most trouble.

11.What Ever Happened to the Clinch?!?!

I fully understand that it may not be easy to clinch a guy that is throwing four, five and six-punch combinations at you, but it’s not impossible. No one really ever clinches Pacquiao.

If Bernard Hopkins were in his prime and fought at the same weight as Pacquiao, he would control the pace of the fight and fight at the distance that would be best for him.

He would also use his jab to disrupt Pacquiao’s timing, but he would also clinch. He would rough Pacquiao up on the inside and score points by fighting in the clinch.

With a fighter that relies on hand speed, combinations and punching power, why not smother him? Why not clinch? Why not fight while in the clinch? Something to consider.

12.Inactivity

I don’t know why more wasn’t made out of this, but Pacquiao’s longest period of inactivity was between his fight with Clottey and Margarito.

I’ll say it again:

His longest period of inactivity since he’s been a professional fighter was between his last two fights.

I think everyone knows, at this point, that Pacquiao was elected as a congressman in his native Philippines. He’s the biggest celebrity in his country and a politician at the same time. He’s Obama, Elvis, The Beatles, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and their kids in his home country in terms of popularity.

He’s busy.

He came into his fight with Margarito in good shape but not Manny Pacquiao shape. He still had a body that most men would like to have but not in as good of shape as he had been in the past.

If you’re a fighter signing a contract to fight Pacquiao, try and make the fight as far away as possible. He’s going to be distracted; he’s going to be busy.

If he’s not in 100 percent shape like he used to be, body shots will do even more damage.

13.Don't Throw All of Your Eggs in One Basket

Manny Pacquiao is a great fighter, no question. He’s obviously not easy to beat by any means.

That doesn’t mean that he can only be beaten one way.

Fighters tend to fight him like the only way he can be beaten is if you knock him out. That usually leaves guys with one option: get into a fire fight with Pacquiao.

Anyone who is going to beat Pacquiao has to be versatile and has to have good defense. They also have to be able to match Pacquiao in speed or be almost as fast. You also have to have enough power to keep Pacquiao honest.

98957331_display_image.jpg

Mayweather has to beat the legal system before he fights anyone again. This might be the quickest deterioration of an athlete’s personal life since Mike Tyson.

It’s hard to imagine a fight with Pacquiao ever happening, especially when it could’ve happened twice already when he had no legal issues and didn’t take the fight for various reasons. The deck is really stacked against Mayweather now, which is a shame. It would be one of the most anticipated fights ever and probably the most watched fight ever.

A fight of this caliber on network television would be the talk of the sports world. You wouldn’t be able to escape hearing about it.

Mayweather has all the tools to beat Pacquiao. He does all of the things I mentioned as far as what would be needed to beat Pacquiao.

He’s just as fast, he’s a great counterpuncher, he has great footwork and defense, works off the jab and lead left hook, throws a great straight right hand which works wonders against southpaws, makes great in-fight adjustments, doesn’t like to get into fire fights, maintains composure, clinches when needed and never runs out of energy.

If there was a fighter created as a prototype to beat Pacquiao, it would be Mayweather.

You guys are entitled to your opinions but when Amir Khan is ready he'll give Mayweather a better fight than Pacman would ever be capable of giving him. Pac doesn't have the tools. The southpaw angle is WAAAY overrated and Floyd has already been hit and rocked by Mosley who is more of a pure puncher than Pacman. The only way Pac wins is by KO, and I don't see that shit happening at all.
That fight prolly wont happen either.cuz Floyd will find some reason to NOT fight him..he might say who's Amir Khan? let him beat XYandZ then i'll fight him..hell he might even say I don't like his name who knows:dunno:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BINGO! well said..well said indeed. It's cool to see so many different points of view on the same said two fighters. And you know whats funny? on fight night we can ALL turn out looking like we didn't know what da fuck we were talking about aka alla Paul Williams:lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
That fight prolly wont happen either.cuz Floyd will find some reason to NOT fight him..he might say who's Amir Khan? let him beat XYandZ then i'll fight him..hell he might even say I don't like his name who knows:dunno:

Nothing really wrong with him expecting Khan to bring something to that table. It's not his or Manny's job to feed other boxers. That's why I put the conditions that would have to happen to make that fight. If Khan becomes a legit star and Floyd and Pacquiao don't fight, that might be the guy next up.

Andre Berto's management should be working double overtime to get in position but they're fucking up royally. No more Freddy Hernandezes. Get one of those jr middles to come back down (preferably Luis Collazo) and add some real names to your resume.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
BINGO! well said..well said indeed. It's cool to see so many different points of view on the same said two fighters. And you know whats funny? on fight night we can ALL turn out looking like we didn't know what da fuck we were talking about aka alla Paul Williams:lol:

:yes:Not one person predicted that outcome.

merce77

Star
Registered

C'mon man inform yourself on the situtation. What happens to Bob Arums cash cow if Mayweather would have beaten him right after the first negotiation? He's not the number one fighter in the world anymore, which is what he's built his rep on the past 2 years, it's why he's become such a draw. May would have been on top. If you're Bob Arum you say "what's better? ONE 40 or 50 mil payday? Or a string of 20mil paydays?" You're not realizing that Bob takes 40% of Manny's purse OFF THE TOP. You don't think there's a reason why Bob ONLY has him fighting Top Rank guys - and won't let Manny anywhere NEAR a REAL boxer/puncher? Your comments are just coming off as hate with no base in facts at all. This is part of the reason why these dudes go at you here. If you were informed, you would already know that Floyd brought up fighting Khan and said to give him(Khan) 2 or 3 more fights and he would fight him in England at Wembley Stadium.

Most people in the know, who don't have bias against Floyd and FOR Manny - can see one thing plainly, there is only one reason that fight hasn't happened - his name is BOB ARUM. Neither Manny nor Floyd are scared of each other. They FIGHT for a living.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
C'mon man inform yourself on the situtation. What happens to Bob Arums cash cow if Mayweather would have beaten him right after the first negotiation? He's not the number one fighter in the world anymore, which is what he's built his rep on the past 2 years, it's why he's become such a draw. May would have been on top. If you're Bob Arum you say "what's better? ONE 40 or 50 mil payday? Or a string of 20mil paydays?" You're not realizing that Bob takes 40% of Manny's purse OFF THE TOP. You don't think there's a reason why Bob ONLY has him fighting Top Rank guys - and won't let Manny anywhere NEAR a REAL boxer/puncher? Your comments are just coming off as hate with no base in facts at all. This is part of the reason why these dudes go at you here. If you were informed, you would already know that Floyd brought up fighting Khan and said to give him(Khan) 2 or 3 more fights and he would fight him in England at Wembley Stadium.

Most people in the know, who don't have bias against Floyd and FOR Manny - can see one thing plainly, there is only one reason that fight hasn't happened - his name is BOB ARUM. Neither Manny nor Floyd are scared of each other. They FIGHT for a living.

The idea that either is afraid of the other has always been ridiculous (I've seen Floyd fans say that shit about Manny). Both of them want that payday and it would blemish both of their legacies to not have this fight. I do think there are people at Top Rank that don't want it right now but they still want it eventually.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
:roflmao3: Youz a Fool Dave:lol::roflmao2:

:DAin't it though? I think I come across as being very confident in my opinion (fuck you niggas with the :yes:) but if a cat can show me where I'm wrong (not just tell me) then he helped me out because I'm going to take that new information and reload for the next battle.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm informed all i need to be on what i feel will be the case. It doesn't have to play out to a T. All im saying is SOMETHING will come up to delay or put off the fight for whatever reasons..call it just my feelings but thats what i feel..and for that i don't need to be informed. Is that ok with you cuz if it is'nt maybe i'll make an adjustment :rolleyes: And for the record FLOYD & Manny are both my dudes so i win whenever they fight other fighters and i'll win when and IF they ever fight each other. So what makes you feel as tho i'm bias against Floyd? I just feel (at times as of late)like there is more focus on Manny's camp for BS reasons..Catch weight and all that nonsense..as someone said in this thread when YOU are the champ or the popular fight for the min YOU can call the shots in most cases. ALL those fighters that accepted the fight with manny had a Choice...they gambled and LOST. Make no mastake those fighters all thought they were gona win, other than that they were fighting under those conditions for a reason..MONEY! Take it or leave it..like it or not hate it or whatnot MANNY is the draw right now. If i was offerd to fight at a catch weight IMO it would'nt matter..it would only come into play for ME if i thought the other guy was either better or in my own head i maybe wanted an advantage but i digress. Good fight bad fight whatever Manny is at least getting into the ring where as the other fighter in question aint doing SHIT. His actions outside the ring for some is more exciting than what he does in the ring and thats sad. But i guess if some of you had things the way you wanted it you'd have Manny fighting whom ever you chose and at any weight. Most PPV buyers don't care much for named fighters getting in the ring running out the frigging clock then running to collect a check...what they want is a good fight/their money worth once and a while. Look at Floyds past fights..did he or did he not call the shots? where he wanted to fight and at what weight/catch weight if needed..hell he even paid a fine just so that HE would come into the fight having an edge. Maybe thats manny's true mastake..he's not offering money for the catch weight. What was Floyd's fine? wasn't it said to be about $600,000? Would that make shit cool for you guys if from now on he offers what Maweather offerd and come in at the weight he prefers as Floyd did?:hmm:

merce77

Star
Registered
I'm informed all i need to be on what i feel will be the case. It doesn't have to play out to a T. All im saying is SOMETHING will come up to delay or put off the fight for whatever reasons..call it just my feelings but thats what i feel..and for that i don't need to be informed. Is that ok with you cuz if it is'nt maybe i'll make an adjustment :rolleyes: And for the record FLOYD & Manny are both my dudes so i win whenever they fight other fighters and i'll win when and IF they ever fight each other. So what makes you feel as tho i'm bias against Floyd? I just feel (at times as of late)like there is more focus on Manny's camp for BS reasons..Catch weight and all that nonsense..as someone said in this thread when YOU are the champ or the popular fight for the min YOU can call the shots in most cases. ALL those fighters that accepted the fight with manny had a Choice...they gambled and LOST. Make no mastake those fighters all thought they were gona win, other than that they were fighting under those conditions for a reason..MONEY! Take it or leave it..like it or not hate it or whatnot MANNY is the draw right now. If i was offerd to fight at a catch weight IMO it would'nt matter..it would only come into play for ME if i thought the other guy was either better or in my own head i maybe wanted an advantage but i digress. Good fight bad fight whatever Manny is at least getting into the ring where as the other fighter in question aint doing SHIT. His actions outside the ring for some is more exciting than what he does in the ring and thats sad. But i guess if some of you had things the way you wanted it you'd have Manny fighting whom ever you chose and at any weight. Most PPV buyers don't care much for named fighters getting in the ring running out the frigging clock then running to collect a check...what they want is a good fight/their money worth once and a while. Look at Floyds past fights..did he or did he not call the shots? where he wanted to fight and at what weight/catch weight if needed..hell he even paid a fine just so that HE would come into the fight having an edge. Maybe thats manny's true mastake..he's not offering money for the catch weight. What was Floyd's fine? wasn't it said to be about $600,000? Would that make shit cool for you guys if from now on he offers what Maweather offerd and come in at the weight he prefers as Floyd did?:hmm:

I could shoot down pretty much all your points right now but it's more entertaining watching Alaskan do it. Plus I'm getting ready to play Mass Effect 2. BTW did you know Manny's camp wanted to fine Floyd 10mil or some ridiculous shit like that for every pound over weight. And you really believe they want that fight? Plus the negative focus is on Manny because
HE'S THE ONE THAT'S BEEN FIGHTING - gott damm bwoy. Plus when Manny outsells Floyd's last fight which was this PAST SUMMER if you forget, or his fight with Oscar which was the biggest ever, THEN HE can call the shots, for now it should at least be 50/50. Manny already tried to bully Floyd in negotiations, Floyd said fine you can have whatever you want, all I want is random blood tests. What did Manny do? And if you believe them fighters fighting Manny truly had a choice, I know a guy named Bob Arum who has a bridge he wants to sell you. They had about as much choice as any guy in the UFC telling Dana White he won't fight this guy or that guy, fight or don't fight and go broke.:smh:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I could shoot down pretty much all your points right now but it's more entertaining watching Alaskan do it. Plus I'm getting ready to play Mass Effect 2. BTW did you know Manny's camp wanted to fine Floyd 10mil or some ridiculous shit like that for every pound over weight. And you really believe they want that fight? Plus the negative focus is on Manny because
HE'S THE ONE THAT'S BEEN FIGHTING - gott damm bwoy. Plus when Manny outsells Floyd's last fight which was this PAST SUMMER if you forget, or his fight with Oscar which was the biggest ever, THEN HE can call the shots, for now it should at least be 50/50. Manny already tried to bully Floyd in negotiations, Floyd said fine you can have whatever you want, all I want is random blood tests. What did Manny do? And if you believe them fighters fighting Manny truly had a choice, I know a guy named Bob Arum who has a bridge he wants to sell you. They had about as much choice as any guy in the UFC telling Dana White he won't fight this guy or that guy, fight or don't fight and go broke.:smh:

My nigga... are you trying to send me in to handle your lightweight? :roflmao3:

I'm backing off of this bullshit. Every time I debate one of these niggas they stop talking boxing (probably cause they have no rebuttal) and at this point its like arguing with a tea bagger... the issues don't matter, the logic don't matter, the facts don't matter... the only thing that matters to them is taking shots at the nigga on top.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bob Arum is some character..but as bad as
Dana White ? lets not get Crazy now ok:lol:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My nigga... are you trying to send me in to handle your lightweight? :roflmao3:

I'm backing off of this bullshit. Every time I debate one of these niggas they stop talking boxing (probably cause they have no rebuttal) and at this point its like arguing with a tea bagger... the issues don't matter, the logic don't matter, the facts don't matter... the only thing that matters to them is taking shots at the nigga on top.
The nigga on top..:hmm: :lol::roflmao3:

tp2001

Star
Registered
Bob Arum is some character..but as bad as
Dana White ? lets not get Crazy now ok:lol:

merce is not reaching with that comment...The past few years in the boxing game have proven this...

(Mayweather vs. Khan) prolly wont happen either.cuz Floyd will find some reason to NOT fight him..he might say who's Amir Khan? let him beat XYandZ then i'll fight him..

Actually, even before the Maidana fight this was a possibility in 2011, especially now if Khan faces the Bradley/Alexander winner between May and July and wins...

If Khan had already went through those guys and won by 2009/early 2010, we could have had that fight either in Vegas or Wembley Stadium...

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
The nigga on top..:hmm: :lol::roflmao3:

Yes, it is very simple. In boxing... if you haven't noticed, all those titles.... all those rankings don't mean shit. The only thing that matters is who makes the most money... thus the nigga on top reference.

If you need help with anything else. Let me know.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34304

Shane Mosley Lays Down The Plan To Outbox Pacquiao

By Mark Vester

"Sugar" Shane Mosley is laying down a different strategy for his May 7 showdown with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao. He doesn't plan to make it a war by going after Pacquiao. Instead, Mosley tells Ring Magazine that he plans to use his reach and boxing ability.

Against Floyd Mayweather Jr., Mosley went for the knockout and pressed for most of the contest. He found success in the second round when he got Mayweather in trouble, but then he was outboxed and countered for the remainder of the fight. He doesn't want to make the same mistake twice.

"Pacquiao's very fast,” said Mosley. “I'm fast too, but I'd have to use my size and reach advantage on him. With Mayweather, everybody goes after him and gets hit with counters.”

Mosley's stance is quite different from the comments he made last week to BoxingScene.com's Lem Satterfield, where he promised to go for a knockout ending.

"Pacquiao's defense is not as good as Floyd Mayweather's defense. I think I can probably win a decision, but I'm pretty much looking to try and go in there knock Pacquiao out," said Mosley.

"I'm pretty sure that Manny's going to get in there and try to knock me out, and I'm going to get in there and try to knock him out. That's why it's going to be a great fight. These are two guys who are willing to fight."

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34304

Shane Mosley Lays Down The Plan To Outbox Pacquiao

By Mark Vester

"Sugar" Shane Mosley is laying down a different strategy for his May 7 showdown with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao. He doesn't plan to make it a war by going after Pacquiao. Instead, Mosley tells Ring Magazine that he plans to use his reach and boxing ability.

Against Floyd Mayweather Jr., Mosley went for the knockout and pressed for most of the contest. He found success in the second round when he got Mayweather in trouble, but then he was outboxed and countered for the remainder of the fight. He doesn't want to make the same mistake twice.

"Pacquiao's very fast,” said Mosley. “I'm fast too, but I'd have to use my size and reach advantage on him. With Mayweather, everybody goes after him and gets hit with counters.”

Mosley's stance is quite different from the comments he made last week to BoxingScene.com's Lem Satterfield, where he promised to go for a knockout ending.

"Pacquiao's defense is not as good as Floyd Mayweather's defense. I think I can probably win a decision, but I'm pretty much looking to try and go in there knock Pacquiao out," said Mosley.

"I'm pretty sure that Manny's going to get in there and try to knock me out, and I'm going to get in there and try to knock him out. That's why it's going to be a great fight. These are two guys who are willing to fight."
Like i've stated b4 i feel this is gona be a very good fight for as long as it last. I'm surprised you even posted this being that you were one of the guys that felt/feel like Mosley is washed up and needs to retire YESTERDAY! Yes he's not the fighter he once was but IMO he still has more left in his tank than alot of fighters have EVER had their entire career.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Like i've stated b4 i feel this is gona be a very good fight for as long as it last. I'm surprised you even posted this being that you were one of the guys that felt/feel like Mosley is washed up and needs to retire YESTERDAY! Yes he's not the fighter he once was but IMO he still has more left in his tank than alot of fighters have EVER had their entire career.

I wish Mosley retired years ago instead of embarrassing himself. After the Margarito fight... it would have been perfect but regardless... I like good fights meaning its not clear that someone is going to get blown out before the fight and/or during the fight especially when there are better clear cut options. I expect Mosley to do better than Margarito or Clottey but that isn't a high expectation. My question is... do you think you will get you moneys worth if Mosley puts on a Floyd or Mora performance?:smh:

Who in there right mind thinks Mosley is going to be exciting or even close to dominant for a collection of rounds against Pac when he looked like shit against Mora? I mean Mora was supposed to be a showcase fight for Mosley... not a nail biter. I know everyone is talking about Mora's awkward movement but WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PAC.... add mean speed and horse kick power on top of awkward movement.:eek: I also know people are talking about Pac's ability to get hit, but Margarito is the first non COUNTER-PUNCHER that I've seen in awhile get off on Pac like he did, but Pac allowed the shit. Mosley isn't a counter puncher and I doubt Pac is going to be that cocky...

The only hope for Shane is lucky punch, but even with that, if Floyd (who barely gets hit), was able to fight on to a dominate victory.... what about Pac? He has a solid chin that has been tested. I mean... wtf do you see that would make this fight even exciting besides a random and unlikely KO or Knockdown punch from Mosley? :hmm:

By the way i posted the article because I told cats that they are going into sell mode for this fight. Your going to see a ton of articles pop up now were they are going to talk about ways for Mosley to win. Even though, a month ago.... all the articles were saying that this fight would be a massacre.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wish Mosley retired years ago instead of embarrassing himself. After the Margarito fight... it would have been perfect but regardless... I like good fights meaning its not clear that someone is going to get blown out before the fight and/or during the fight especially when there are better clear cut options. I expect Mosley to do better than Margarito or Clottey but that isn't a high expectation. My question is... do you think you will get you moneys worth if Mosley puts on a Floyd or Mora performance?:smh:

Who in there right mind thinks Mosley is going to be exciting or even close to dominant for a collection of rounds against Pac when he looked like shit against Mora? I mean Mora was supposed to be a showcase fight for Mosley... not a nail biter. I know everyone is talking about Mora's awkward movement but WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PAC.... add mean speed and horse kick power on top of awkward movement.:eek: I also know people are talking about Pac's ability to get hit, but Margarito is the first non COUNTER-PUNCHER that I've seen in awhile get off on Pac like he did, but Pac allowed the shit. Mosley isn't a counter puncher and I doubt Pac is going to be that cocky...

The only hope for Shane is lucky punch, but even with that, if Floyd (who barely gets hit), was able to fight on to a dominate victory.... what about Pac? He has a solid chin that has been tested. I mean... wtf do you see that would make this fight even exciting besides a random and unlikely KO or Knockdown punch from Mosley? :hmm:

By the way i posted the article because I told cats that they are going into sell mode for this fight. Your going to see a ton of articles pop up now were they are going to talk about ways for Mosley to win. Even though, a month ago.... all the articles were saying that this fight would be a massacre.
Well on that note all i'll say is when ever you get into the ring with Mosley (as of late) you never know how good or how normal the fight will be. I feel he's gonna put up a good fight if only because of his pride. Both fighters can take a punch,both have KO power in either hand..so depending on who's eyes your looking out of this fight has the making of an action packed fight. However if there's ever was a fight that had potential to send Mosley into retirement THIS IS IT! I feel if Mosley looses badly he will call it a night and hang up his gloves after a beatdown from Manny. But once again i think it WILL be good while it lasts.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Let's dissect your response... to all my points and questions.

Well on that note all i'll say is when ever you get into the ring with Mosley (as of late) you never know how good or how normal the fight will be.

That is a generic response. You can replace Mosley's name with the name of any professional boxer and it will hold the same weight. Mayorga's bum ass even has the possibility to smash Cotto. This is boxing and anything can happen, but that doesn't make it more probable just because it is possible.

I feel he's gonna put up a good fight if only because of his pride.

Pride??? What happened to his pride in the Mora fight or the Floyd fight?

I posted an article from Margarito were he said he was seeing double by the 4th round in his Pac fight and he would not quit because of his pride. Did his pride make the difference?

Both fighters can take a punch,both have KO power in either hand..so depending on who's eyes your looking out of this fight has the making of an action packed fight.

All the KO power doesn't mean much when you are hesitating and getting hit with mean shots. Shane has been showing these attributes since the Mayorga fight. :smh:

However if there's ever was a fight that had potential to send Mosley into retirement THIS IS IT!

:hmm:

I feel if Mosley looses badly he will call it a night and hang up his gloves after a beatdown from Manny.

The same could be said about the ass whooping he took from Floyd, but he will continue. After Pac beats him up... Mosley will probably sign up for Berto next:smh:

But once again i think it WILL be good while it lasts.

Based on what because you still haven't explained that beyond general hopes. Even the biggest Shane fans aren't being that definitive. I see a long beat down for Shane, the type of shit that has brain damage written all over it and has the same excitement as the Pac v Margarito fight. :smh:

Last edited: