Marvel Animation's X-Men '97 | Official Trailer

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I think we should be asking should he do that instead of can he? Causing a worldwide EMP would do A LOT more than stopping the Sentinels.

What about all the city grids, hospitals, and back-up generators that just failed? And all the people on life-support.
And the people with pacemakers.
And the people who were on airplanes.
And the people who were on the street .... directly underneath an airplane.
Or the people who were sleeping peacefully in their beds .... while directly underneath an airplane.

Erik just caught a mountain of bodies :lol:
Humans shouldn't be making killer cyborgs then. Play stupid games...

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
441050902_10160773765366843_5936639491133640355_n.jpg

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I do not know that for 100% sure yet.

but I believe you are correct.

Question now is who ELSE is going to be willing to work with him.
Yeah, I think the ship has sailed with Marvel/Disney. If it were something forgivable, they would have forgiven him by now. After the whole James Gunn thing, it seems like they give a lot of thought to firing before making the move. I wouldn't plan to see him back with them.

But honestly, I think what he's done since being fired was smart. He mostly laid low and didn't say anything. He didn't become toxic about the situation or the project. And now that things are off and swinging, he's just calmly and quietly making mentions of details from his personal account. Baring actual criminal charges coming up for something, he's laid the groundwork for finding other work somewhere else.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, I think the ship has sailed with Marvel/Disney. If it were something forgivable, they would have forgiven him by now. After the whole James Gunn thing, it seems like they give a lot of thought to firing before making the move. I wouldn't plan to see him back with them.

But honestly, I think what he's done since being fired was smart. He mostly laid low and didn't say anything. He didn't become toxic about the situation or the project. And now that things are off and swinging, he's just calmly and quietly making mentions of details from his personal account. Baring actual criminal charges coming up for something, he's laid the groundwork for finding other work somewhere else.

Like I said early SUPER SMART.

He gonna be fine

But I hope he does transcend all this and come back to the mouse one day soon

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

I knew James Gunn would eventually be entered into the discussion. I hope the brotha can be brought back into the fold, but let us not forget that Gunn is a white boy.

CaCs tend to give other CaCs damn near infinite amounts of do-overs, chances, and apologizes.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Gave up 10 minutes into the first episode. I have a Hulu/Disney bundle but haven’t watched Disney for maybe a year… The ad volume was unbearable.

I might upgrade for a month or two and then cancel.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
*Sigh*
I hate to be "that guy", but I feel like you guys are overlooking one major issue here.

This will be a production of modern day Disney, fellas.

Unless there is a dramatic change in Disney's current "brand" of storytelling, fans might be deeply disappointed by what Disney chooses to do with "Marvel's Merry Mutants".

The heavy handed way Disney makes virtually everything they produce about feminism, racial representation and LGBTQ inclusion may sour some of your opinions of the series.

And even though a ground breaking comic book series like The X-Men has had a LONG history of being a champion of such issues, folks might be taken aback by how Disney handles them for "modern audiences".

I'm just sayin'... :dunno:
Has your opinion changed?

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
No, JLU was cancelled. Or more relevantly, they were not renewed (and maybe had a reduced episode run, but I'm not sure about that).

They wrapped up the story arc for that season, which they were going to do anyway, but they definitely had more they could have done if they got renewed.

The worst part was that it wasn't even getting bad ratings. It was popular, but with the wrong demographic. They wanted to target kids that would buy toys, but JLU wasn't skewing to that market. My guess is that Young Justice had a similar problem.
that's exactly what the problem was which is why they cancelled the new thunderkats and replaced it with that bs thundercats go and why adventure time became a huge win for cartoon network

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
E

Ended my Disney + subscription about a year ago. So, I haven't seen it... :dunno:
- Is it good?
FWIW, You don't need a subscription to watch it. As for me, waiting for it to finish dropping before I watch. I've heard nothing but good things from a variety of sources