Kale Spinach and Pear Smoothie

tanks1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What Juicers do you guys recommend? my cousin had one that could make hot soup also. east to clean and would grind almost anything.problem is it costs almost $350.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
For the cats that juice, do you do anything with the pulp afterwards? Or do you just throw it away?

All the nutrients except maybe fiber have been stripped from it. Some people add it to soup to thicken it up.

kdilla

Star
Registered
:yes:
Ive been drinking the Mean Green juice from that documentary and I dig it.
6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger
Im gonna have to try this one too

What's the name of that documentary fam?

RepostKing

Back up Modrator
Registered
Good shit in here but come on fellas that shit has got to taste like new mowed grass. This shit has to have you lurching when you first drink it right?

Oh how much is that juicer going for?

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good shit in here but come on fellas that shit has got to taste like new mowed grass. This shit has to have you lurching when you first drink it right?

I was thinking the same thing. I literally JUST made one. I may have a lil too much kale in it. i can taste it some but the drink is actually pretty good. i used kale, pears, apples a lil lemon juice and honey.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I might try Kale in my smoothie drink,
my favorite is apples, celery and carrots smoothie

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was thinking the same thing. I literally JUST made one. I may have a lil too much kale in it. i can taste it some but the drink is actually pretty good. i used kale, pears, apples a lil lemon juice and honey.

Jack Spade

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some pics from when I first started juicing a few months ago.

ws474n.jpg

This was my first attempt. Not bad. I think it was kale, spinach, celery, apple, carrots
24pihwm.jpg

The pulp is very dry
2dqsmtu.jpg

Yo how much did that juicer run you? Is is hard to clean? I have a jack lalanne power juicer and it's a pain in the ass to clean.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
i dont do the juicer cuz it leaves all that goodness behind. throw all that shit in the blender w/ a scoop of whey protein and thats a tasty ass energy booster breakfast right there.

peacecyal8r

Potential Star
Registered
Tried it tonight and it was pretty good I see why they added the pear to mask the greens. You cannot taste it but the true test was my picky 3 year old and she drank it.

Profit

Rising Star
Registered
^ Thanks, saw it on Netfllix. Great documentary.

That juicer is $99 at BestBuy.com also.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
A blender?? Mixed with protein shake??? :puke: :puke:

regular whey powder, not protein shake. and yes you make smoothies in a blender and you get all the nutrints from the fiber left behind in a juicer.

Whey Protein Smoothie Tips

1 banana cut into chucks
1 or 2 scoops of whey protein( according to the brand)
3 large strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 of skim milk
1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup of yogurt

Directions:

Blend the banana with the milk, ice, protein and yogurt until a slushy texture is formed. Add the strawberries and blueberries and blend till slushy. Blending the fruit last will keep their flavor fresh. this whey protein smoothie is full of protein and antioxidants. Other fruits can be added or replace the ones above as well.

kdilla

Star
Registered
Thanks for the reply Mike...

Props to everyone dropping info and questions in this thread:cool:

RepostKing

Back up Modrator
Registered
regular whey powder, not protein shake. and yes you make smoothies in a blender and you get all the nutrints from the fiber left behind in a juicer.

Man I love trying new things especially healtht related. Just coped this at Bed Bath and Beyond. They hit me for 2 c notes but I'm bring that blue flyer they mailed me in tomorrow to bring the price down to 160.00

Got the Breville. Shit is the truth. Will make my first shake tomorrow

RepostKing

Back up Modrator
Registered
Just had a kayle, cucumber, 2 apples, 2 carrots, ginger, and half a lemon juice...and threw the fuck up. I'm serious, I'm still burping shit was nasty as fuck

But I'm not going to give up. I'm going to try the one in the video I posted. But the kayle shit is nasty as hell

Electric Relaxation

Rising Star
Registered
Just had a kayle, cucumber, 2 apples, 2 carrots, ginger, and half a lemon juice...and threw the fuck up. I'm serious, I'm still burping shit was nasty as fuck

But I'm not going to give up. I'm going to try the one in the video I posted. But the kayle shit is nasty as hell

Kale doesn't really have a taste at all to me. :dunno:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The kind of shit I consume regularly in FULL form =

Kale / spinach / broccoli / bananas / apples / navel oranges / black beans / kidney beans / salmon / Romaine lettuce / tomatoes / 8-vegetable Blue Menu low sodium juice from PC / roasted, unsalted almonds / cashews / pecans / whole carrots / green peppers / etc.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
i'm just now noticing that that is a juicer and not a blender.

if we're talking about smoothies, i thought they were only made in blenders.

juicers extract the juice out of fruits and veggies, and juice is not a smoothie.

...or maybe i've just been wrong over the years.

somebody help me out here.
:dunno: