Kale Spinach and Pear Smoothie

DarkVoid

The Devil you wish you didn't know.
OG Investor
Been making Kale and Spinach salads, I might try this out to, thanks OP.

SloPoke

Star
Registered
Kale is the base-green in every juice/smoothie it seems.

My favorite:
Kale + 2 Granny Smith apples + 1 carrot.

or

Celery + grape and 1 apple

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I drink about a half gallon of green smoothie EVERY DAY! :yes:

I read somewhere years ago that when making a green smoothie, to only use one green at a time, ie; spinach or collards or kale, etc. It also said to alternate daily, meaning, make spinach today, then kale tomorrow and so on..

Not sure if this is the correct way, its just that way I've been doing it tho.

Good post. :)

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some pics from when I first started juicing a few months ago.

ws474n.jpg

This was my first attempt. Not bad. I think it was kale, spinach, celery, apple, carrots
24pihwm.jpg

The pulp is very dry
2dqsmtu.jpg

King_of_Posts

Rising Star
Registered
Kale is popular as fuck. I usually have to go to a couple stores before I find one that has some QUALITY bunches on the shelf. Niggas be buying that shit as soon as it is put out.

Durty

Rising Star
Registered
:yes:
Ive been drinking the Mean Green juice from that documentary and I dig it.
6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger
Im gonna have to try this one too

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why don't you guys just eat the fruits instead of drinking it with the screw face.

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why don't you guys just eat the fruits instead of drinking it with the screw face.

No screw face here. I find it to be quite delectable. I think it's something about allowing your digestive system to take it easy but still taking in all of the nutrients.

Durty

Rising Star
Registered

The mean green actually taste good. Plus im not usually hungry in the morning so its easier to grab the juice and go then trying to eat all of this.
294gf93.jpg

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I been doing in many varieties the following

Kale
Spinach
Apples
Frozen or fresh grapes
Frozen or fresh bananas
Frozen or fresh blueberries
Frozen or fresh rasberries
Frozen or fresh pinapples
Frozen or fresh mangoes
OJ
Apple Juice
Flax seed oil
Chlorophyll (tablespoon)
Ginger

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend

If you're inferring that it tastes nasty, you'd be wrong. My green smoothies tastes fruity and you can't recognise the greens taste at all. :dunno:

Trust me, green smoothies done right, is some of the best stuff you can put in your body, PERIOD! :yes:

Last edited:

mike123

Rising Star
Registered

all my veggie smoothies feel like an Ep of fear factor but its a pain in the ass to eat the same amount of fruits an veggies as apposed to just tossin it in the blender

SloPoke

Star
Registered

Drinking the juice allows a direct transfer of the vitamins & nutrients of the fruit/veggie to your system. You benefit from the intake of more for less. without being forced to fill-up on pulp or skin.

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No screw face my man. Shit can be good with the right combination of juice and veggies. Like anything else, depends on what you go for. We're grown ass men, even if it does give me the screwface, I might still go in because of the benefits. I would suggest you spend 10 minutes and just give it a try. Something simple

A handful grip of spinach
Half cup of OJ
5 frozen strawberries
1 fresh banana
1 regular cup of yogurt

See for yourself.

Hitek

Support BGOL
Registered
:yes:
Ive been drinking the Mean Green juice from that documentary and I dig it.
6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger
Im gonna have to try this one too

I juiced for 15 days following that video and lost about 15 lbs kept it off for two months, and about to do a 30 day juice plan that video changed my life along with all my icons dying early deaths.

BRUHA

Star
For the cats that juice, do you do anything with the pulp afterwards? Or do you just throw it away?