Justice League MOVIE Discussion (The SynderCut Drops 3/18/2021)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
LOL
That's just lazy. If you not going to revamp a la the opening of Homecoming, step aside.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. Snyder knows what he's doing.

We just don't want to watch it anymore.

No one wants the DCEU to be like the MCU. We want DC to make quality movies and win. It's not like they can't do it - we've seen it done before. But my damn, if you can't see what the common denominator is in all of this DCEU fiasco, I can't help you.

That’s what I don’t get either...

We are all voicing our concerns because we all really really want this to work.

Why are people viewing this like it’s a Xbox vs Playstation fanboy war?

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

We just don't want to watch it anymore.

No one wants the DCEU to be like the MCU. We want DC to make quality movies and win. It's not like they can't do it - we've seen it done before. But my damn, if you can't see what the common denominator is in all of this DCEU fiasco, I can't help you.

The common denominator in this fiasco is a bunch of fans who want bright colors and the Super friends.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The common denominator in this fiasco is a bunch of fans who want bright colors and the Super friends.
no - the common denominator is incompetence followed by greed

the fans you are speaking of are unable to be articulate about film in any detail so they bitch about the tone.

In this thread and the BvS thread there is a huge difference between disagreeing with a director's creative decisions and criticizing wholesale ineptitude from studio to writers to director
X Men First Class vs X Men Apocalypse
MoS vs BvS

Same people that say WonderWoman is not a good film are the same fans that are ripping apart BvS and JL on their quality not tone

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Wonder Woman had 2 GREAT first acts followed by a paint by numbers mediocre third act.
Nah-
act 1 was edited horribly with lazy fight choreography and screenplay
act 3 was just bad
but overall WW looks great when compared to JL

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Nah-
act 1 was edited horribly with lazy fight choreography and screenplay
act 3 was just bad
but overall WW looks great when compared to JL

i was trying to be generous about act 3 since people SWEAR that WW was a great movie.

we can agree to disagree about the first act.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i was trying to be generous about act 3 since people SWEAR that WW was a great movie.

we can agree to disagree about the first act.
ok
00f0a3b83f53d8ee468c632254cb8d2a.gif

tumblr_oase8iJ0hK1rlocn5o2_1280.gif

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Well, I can see right away there's PS on that pic. And camera angles and pose angle, lighting, it all works together to trick the eye. When you see film footage you can see how skinny she really is. Or this
gal-gadot-1.jpg

gal-gadot-bikini-diet-workout.jpg

If ya like her ya like her, I ain't mad I'm juss sayin can't compare to this
black_widow___transparent_by_asthonx1-da7s7va.png

and after all, if there's a woman in a super hero movie (or comic) her primary function is sex symbol.

Gadot has a prettier face though!

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, he was beyond foolish, way worse than peter parker,ran with goofy ass slow strides. The suit was god awful( I was waiting for Bruce wayne to say throw that trash In garbage and I'll make you one)... I preferred the CW Flash in just about all aspects.

I said the same thing. Bruce already has a better suit ready for him.

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
Warner Bros messed up by hiring Zack Snyder.

He’s the reason the legendary DC characters aren’t working in film.

Pattty Jenkins directs WW and it’s successful.

Christopher Nolan’s Batman was a unique brave interpretation ...but it isn’t needed for other DC characters.

DC heroes are optimistic and positive...usually inspiring hope. Marvel has the dark complex heroes.

The entire DCEU is a failed experiment... time to start over

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I liked it and I would easily pay to watch it again. It was straight to the point, with the time restraint. I have always said any Avengers or Justice League movie would need to be about 3hrs to explain everything. I expected an origin for Flash and Cyborg but not sure if its really needed.

Any movie with Superman is difficult cause unless there is kryptonite around he shouldn't have any issues fighting the villain. That's why he went off to help the civilians because he would of ended Steppenwolf quicker than he did. Steppenwolf was undead why was he left alive. They had no problem killing the parademons then kill the main villain too. Zod was killed with a PG-13 rating.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know if they need to start over. Just need the right direction and focus on a multi year game plan. When I first saw Captain America: First Avenger I thought it sucked and was extremely boring. When Winter Soldier came out everyone was bragging how good it was and after the first one I had no expectations to see it in theaters. After about a week of daily you better go watch it from friends i went with low expectations. I still think Winter Soldier has been the best way to do a Marvel film.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
I don't know if they need to start over. Just need the right direction and focus on a multi year game plan. When I first saw Captain America: First Avenger I thought it sucked and was extremely boring. When Winter Soldier came out everyone was bragging how good it was and after the first one I had no expectations to see it in theaters. After about a week of daily you better go watch it from friends i went with low expectations. I still think Winter Soldier has been the best way to do a Marvel film.
Winter Soldier is the best Marvel film to date with Captain America as second.

....no doubt that Black Panther will take that crown tho...

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member

Christopher Nolan’s Batman was a unique brave interpretation ...but it isn’t needed for other DC characters.

DC heroes are optimistic and positive...usually inspiring hope. Marvel has the dark complex heroes.

this

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

People are blaming Zack but I think the responsibility should fall on Nolan and the WB execs for thinking that the TDK trilogy style would work for the rest of the characters.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Even though it moved slow, the story was cool with me.

Everyone give me that "look" when i say i liked the first Captain America

:hmm:

It's all good, very understandable. That's the big point of the Marvel vs DC Universes. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. At work one cat said he hates Superman and everyone looked at him like he was crazy. I thought he meant the movies and I kept grilling him and he said the character. He got more side eyes after that but everyone is different. And I know plenty of people that hate Batman and hate Affleck even more.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
no - the common denominator is incompetence followed by greed

the fans you are speaking of are unable to be articulate about film in any detail so they bitch about the tone.

In this thread and the BvS thread there is a huge difference between disagreeing with a director's creative decisions and criticizing wholesale ineptitude from studio to writers to director
X Men First Class vs X Men Apocalypse
MoS vs BvS

Same people that say WonderWoman is not a good film are the same fans that are ripping apart BvS and JL on their quality not tone

I did want to chime in and say that I actually really like Wonder Woman.

But carry on... I agree with everything else. Lol

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
And so ends Zack Synder's bullshit ass DCU. You can make shitty movies but if that $$$ ain't.coming in then your fucked

Yeah 96 million is not a good look Fam.... I just don’t see a path for a billion on this. It can’t depend on the Chinese market. It just did ok in China.

Right now it’s sitting at 281 million for a world wide opening release. But it was a simultaneous release in all the major markets.

Next week Coco comes out and Wonder pulled in 27 million out of no where. Word of mouth is going to keep Wonder in it. Coco will probably be number for the thanksgiving weekend. That movie is getting great reviews.

Hell Thor still bought in 21 million.

Man the DC movie universe is on lifesupport.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

I don’t know... like I like really like what Snyder did with Man of Steel. Man of steel wasn’t a dark movie. It didn’t look like a walking cartoon. There was some weight there. There were themes. He opened up a Clark that really felt like an Alien trying to find his place in the world. It was shit we hadn’t seen before.

I’ve got to put the blame on The Studio executives. They wanted to jump the gun and rush into a Universe without having a plan. Man of Steel works because it wasn’t trying to create a world..... but Batman vs Superman fails because it’s trying to fit a bunch of shit into a world that wasn’t designed for this.

I’ll say this until the day I die... there should have been a Man of Steel 2 and then Batman v Superman and then Wonder Woman and then Justice League. Man of Steel 2 could have fixed a lot of the problems that we have in the other movies because they could have sprinkled shit in the background to raise anticipation for the bigger picture.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Even though it moved slow, the story was cool with me.

Everyone give me that "look" when i say i liked the first Captain America

:hmm:

I also really liked the first captain America. It was different plus you can’t bring in captain america without having a film showing him in world war 2. He comes across as corny without it and I don’t think that a film with Flashbacks would carry the same weight.