High Fructose Corn Poison... I mean Syrup

Devilstrider

Rising Star
OG Investor
That shit is in everything!

HFCS is one of the reasons I stopped drinking sodas. I tried to look for alternative drinks that come in flavors but only to find out most of these fruit juices is all the same ingredients and 5% to no juice. :smh:

I bought a green tea today, I didn't realize the shits in that too, so now I got start making my own tea.

I drink healthy balance juice. It has 100% fruit juice and none of that bull shit in it.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
that's why i know the government is part of a conspiracy to lobby the corn industry.

they don't care about the well being of the citizens.

if the government cared about us, they'd stop this slow poisoning and making everybody fat as shit!

obesity, diabetes and Hypertension (high blood pressure) is at epidemic levels but it seems that we as americans want to stay stupid because the shit tastes good. :smh:

that's why i do the research and do what it takes to stay informed to what's going on around me and my loved ones.

the "government sure don't give a shit about me and mine.

...and that's a got damn shame.
:smh:

...and the sista in this ad had better watch out because she's gonna be a blimp in a few years if not careful.
:smh:

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/EEbRxTOyGf0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

malaki

Star
Registered
Swiss Green Tea,
SwissTea_GrnTea_HG_MRG.jpg

This that Good Shit.

man why in the hell do people buy premade green tea? you realize its the EASIEST shit in the damn world to make???? I mean literally if you can boil water you can make some fucking green tea. boil water, throw a few teabags in there. if you want it sweet throw some honey in there. let it cool, put it in a glass jar, put it in the fridge, and boom you got green tea.

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Awareness is on the rise as I notice more products that clearly label "No HFCS" on the front instead of making you read the small print of the ingredients.

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
truth be told, its not much worse than regular sugar. table sugar (sucrose)is a high fructose sweetener...it's a 50/50 split of glucose and fructose and HFCS is a 45/55 split. glucose raises insulin, fructose does not but is processed by the liver and almost totally converted to fat. Agave is a high fructose sweetener. Hot garbage. The amount of sugar we consume is too high, whether it be from table sugar or HFCS. Check out Sugar: The Bitter Truth on youtube for the science behind it.

Eat REAL FUCKING FOOD and you dont have to worry about this kind of shit. people are addicted to sugar/sweetness and thats why there are a million damn "sweeteners" to choose from.

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eat REAL FUCKING FOOD and you dont have to worry about this kind of shit. people are addicted to sugar/sweetness and thats why there are a million damn "sweeteners" to choose from.

But I think in real practical terms that's easier said than done when HFCS and other "sweeteners" are so prevalent in almost everything available in common grocery stores. It would involve an undertaking of epic proportions to teach the masses how to eat better and then to make those choices widely available to fit into modern society used to the convenience of local grocery stores. Not to mention the higher cost of natural foods as compared to the processed foods available.

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But I think in real practical terms that's easier said than done when HFCS and other "sweeteners" are so prevalent in almost everything available in common grocery stores. It would involve an undertaking of epic proportions to teach the masses how to eat better and then to make those choices widely available to fit into modern society used to the convenience of local grocery stores. Not to mention the higher cost of natural foods as compared to the processed foods available.

I agree somewhat...If the US would subsidize apples/broccoli instead of corn/sugar, people would eat copious amounts of fruits/veggies instead of chips and cookies. I think the price is a bigger influence on poor eating than lack of education on proper nutrition. We all know spinach is better than a big mac... If I could get 10 apples for $1 or 10 cookies for $10, the choice would be real simple.

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered
I seen one of those commercials, they had like a soccer mom pouring her kid something to drink and then she started talking about how HFCS was actually good for you, man I bout fell out of my chair :lol:

Edit: It was like this:

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/EEbRxTOyGf0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

The message is: You know the shit is bad for you, but you don't know why, so you should just eat it anyway :lol: Cuz it's like eating corn

Right @ the end "Corn Refiner's Association" pops up on the screen.

The group that represents the people that make it are the ones saying it's good for us.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
the only foods I see with it now adays are cerials and snacks, usually in the cheaper brands.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This nutritionist White Chick I used to roll with in the early 90s predicted this shit to me about HFCS ages ago.

She would refer to HFCS as "High FUCK-TOSE Corn Syrup".

DV8ed

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not as commonplace in the UK. But we are aware of the dangers

It makes me laugh that people stress about things like this but still smoke like mad and down beer like water.

Yeah, like when someone quits eating meat but still drinks like they have 4 kidneys and an atomic liver, but want to clown you for eating pork. A used to be friend did that shit with me and I told him I eat pork maybe 3 times a week, while he drinks and smokes cigs & weed all day, e'rday, so he can kiss my ass with that bullshit.

man why in the hell do people buy premade green tea? you realize its the EASIEST shit in the damn world to make???? I mean literally if you can boil water you can make some fucking green tea. boil water, throw a few teabags in there. if you want it sweet throw some honey in there. let it cool, put it in a glass jar, put it in the fridge, and boom you got green tea.

For the same reason people will pay damn near the same price for pre-mixed 50/50 antifreeze - convenience and stupidity. They would rather pay $7 for half a bottle of antifreeze as opposed to paying $8.50 for a full bottle of the stuff and mixing it with water themselves, thereby getting 2 bottles of 50/50 mix for the price of 1.

Last edited:

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been knowing about HFCS for AT LEAST five years now.

I don't have the link, but when I read that is directly responsible for the wrinkling of skin, it was that much easier to leave products with it inside on the shelf.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
HYPERGLYCEMIA
HYPOGLYCEMIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperglycemia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia

Hyperglycemia, hyperglycaemia, or high blood sugar is a condition in which an excessive amount of glucose circulates in the blood plasma. This is generally a glucose level higher than 10 mmol/l (180 mg/dl), but symptoms may not start to become noticeable until even higher values such as 15-20 mmol/l (270-360 mg/dl). However, chronic levels exceeding 7 mmol/l (125 mg/dl) can produce organ damage.

The origin of the term is Greek: hyper-, meaning excessive; -glyc-, meaning sweet; and -emia, meaning "of the blood".

Hypoglycemia or hypoglycæmia is the medical term for a state produced by a lower than normal level of blood glucose.[1] The term literally means "under-sweet blood" (Gr. hypo-, glykys, haima). It can produce a variety of symptoms and effects but the principal problems arise from an inadequate supply of glucose to the brain, resulting in impairment of function (neuroglycopenia). Effects can range from vaguely "feeling bad" to seizures, unconsciousness, and (rarely) permanent brain damage or death.

The most common forms of hypoglycemia occur as a complication of treatment of diabetes mellitus with insulin or oral medications. Hypoglycemia is less common in non-diabetic persons, but can occur at any age, from many causes. Among the causes are excessive insulin produced in the body, inborn errors, medications and poisons, alcohol, hormone deficiencies, prolonged starvation, alterations of metabolism associated with infection, and organ failure.

Hypoglycemia is treated by restoring the blood glucose level to normal by the ingestion or administration of dextrose or carbohydrate foods. In some circumstances it is treated by injection or infusion of glucagon. Recurrent hypoglycemia may be prevented by reversing or removing the underlying cause, by increasing the frequency of meals, with medications like diazoxide, octreotide, or glucocorticoids, or by surgical removal of much of the pancreas.

The level of blood glucose low enough to define hypoglycemia may be different for different people, in different circumstances, and for different purposes, and occasionally has been a matter of controversy. Most healthy adults maintain fasting glucose levels above 70 mg/dL (3.9 mmol/L), and develop symptoms of hypoglycemia when the glucose falls below 55 mg/dL (3 mmol/L).[2] It can sometimes be difficult to determine whether a person's symptoms are due to hypoglycemia. Criteria referred to as Whipple's triad are used to determine a diagnosis of hypoglycemia:[3]

hyperglycemia.gif

hypoglycemia2.jpg

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I have known that for quite sum time. It made me look more into when pepsi made a commercial about they were putting real sugar in their soda for a limited amount of time. But its in so many different things its to where u cant avoid it. So products does offer natural sugar in some foods but they make u pay extra.. aint that a bitch.. i have syrup that i put on my pancakes. Log cabin.. it cost 5$ it has real sugar.. but idunno.. just try to keep ur intake to a minimal...

Gaara

Star
Registered
Nice drop. Been staying away from the poison for a couple of years now.

Here is a list of HFCS free foods (link: http://www.stophfcs.com/list.html)

Baking and Cooking Ingredients Betty Crocker 7-Layer Bar(mix)
Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie mix
Betty Crocker cake icing
Bisquick

Beverages Northland Cranberry Juice
China Cola
Dr.Pepper(original formula)
Jones Soda (recently announced that they were going back to real sugar)
Goose Island soda (Root Beer, Orange Soda)
Calistoga Juice Squeeze
Simply Orange juice products
Simply Lemonade
Tropicana OJ
Nestle NesQuik Chocolate Milk Mix
Nestle "Abuelita" Chocolate Syrup (Hispanic Section)
R.W. Knudsen Recharge (sports drink)
Fuze Drinks link
TeaZazz link
Vivi Smart Soda link

Bread Pepperidge Farms whole grain honey oat
Nature's Own Sugar Free 100% Whole Grain bread link
Nature's Own -Honey 7 Grain link
Nature's Own 100% whole wheat link
Martins Potato breads and rolls
Thomas's Low Carb English Muffins
Thomas Hearty Grain Honey Wheat English Muffins (?)
Nature's Own -Healthline SugarFree Wholewheat
Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain breads (in freezer section)
Francisco International Extra Sour Dough bread (the regular Sour Dough has it!)
Pepperidge Farm Honey Wheatberry
Milton's Wheat and Multi-grain bread
Bagels from a local Jewish bakery
Kirkland brand (Costco) multigrain bread
Sara Lee Cinnamon Raisin
Pepperidge Farm whole grain bagel
Matthew's All Natural Bread link
Amana Multi Grain Bread
Country Hearth 12-Grain Bread
Earth Grains 100% Natural 7-Grain Bread
Orrow Wheat Light 100% Whole Wheat
Rays New York Bagels
Whole Foods store brand hot dog and hamburger buns (they are whole wheat)
FlatOut Bread link
Alternative Bagel --- sweat wheat link

Breakfast Cereals Post Grape-Nuts
Life Cereal/Cinnamon Life
Quaker Oatmeal
Cheerios
Most cereals labeled "Organic"
Kashi Go Lean (original and Crunch)
Barabara's Puffins
Chex Cereals (Wheat, Rice and Corn)
Kroger Apple Dapples
Post Honey Bunches of Oats
Great Value fruit and cream instant oatmeal
Mom's Best Natural Cereals (all varieties) link

Breakfast Pasteries / Waffles / Bars Eggo Nutrigrain Blueberry
Kashi Go Lean and Heart to Heart Waffles link
The TLC granola bars, by Kashi, all are HFCS free link
Bisquick Mix

Candy and Childrens treats Lindt Lindor truffles (balls)
Cost Plus World Market has a lot of imported candy from Germany that I've found to be HFCS free.
Kellogg's Yogos Bits

Condiments Heinz organic tomato ketchup
French's Worcestershire
Farman's pickle relish
Mt. Olive Hamburger dill chips
Annie's Natural Organic Ketchup
Frenchs Honey Dijon Mustard (I don't think most regular mustard contains hfcs, but a lot of the "honey" mustard does, which is why I'm listing some honey mustards here that don't.)
Woeber Sweet And Spicy Mustard
Consorzio Bbq Sauce Organic Original
Whole Foods 365 Ketchup (both regular and Organic)
Kroger coctail sauce

Cookies and Cakes Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies -- plain and the new chocolate
Kedem Tea Biscuits (reg. and chocolate) --- found in the Kosher section
Paul Newman sandwich cookies
Kashi line of cookies
Back to Nature peanut butter sandwich cookies
Destrooper Almond Thins Cookie
Destrooper Butter Crisp Cookies
Keebler Pecan Sandies Cookies
Keebler Simply Sandies Cookies
Lu Le Petit Beurre Cookies
Lu Scottish Recipe Shortbread
Mi-Del Snaps Ginger
Newmans Wheat Free Fig Newton Cookies
Newmans Own Ginger Os Ginger N Creme Cookies
NewmanS Own Alphabet Cookies
Pepperidge Farms Butter Chessman Cookies
Pepperidge Farm 100% Natural Varieties

Chocolate
Cadbury - Most Varieties
Hershey's Symphony
Hershey's 100 Calorie Wafer Bar
Hershey Skor Candy Bar
Hershey Special Dark Candy Bar
Dove - Most varieties
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Most Imported (Europe) and Organic chocolate

Crackers Annies - Cheddar cheese bunnies and honey graham bunnies
Wasa Crisp Breads (all varieties)
Atheno's baked pita chips
Stacey's Naked Pita bread chips *note, have not seen HFCS in Hummus
Dare Vinta Crackers
Triscuits
Great Value (Walmart's brand) cracked wheat rounds
Stone Ground (the white square crackers from Canada)

Dairy
Brown Cow vanilla yogurt
Southern Home Nonfat Plain Yogurt
Dannon Plain Yogurt*
Mountain High Yogurt (it appears all varieties are HFCS free)
Dannon All Natural Vanilla Yogurt
Dannon All Natural Coffee Yogurt
Horizon Organic Fat Free Yogurt
Nancys Reduced Fat Plain
Nancy's Whole Milk Honey Yogurt
Stoneyfield Farm Yobaby Yogurt

Fruits and Vegetables - Canned Motts Natural (No Sugar Added)Apple Sauce
Most no sugar added packed fruit --- please check labels

Granola Bars
Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch bars
Kashi Bars
Odwalla Bars
Ice Cream
Breyers - All Natural Coffee
Breyers - All Natural Cherry Vanilla
Breyers - All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip
Luigi Italian Ice

Jam, Jelly, Syrup, Spreads
Skippy Peanut Butter
Costco makes an organic peanut butter
Whole Foods brand peanut butter
Karo Dark (with Blue label)
Karo Brown Sugar syrup
Hero Jams (from Swizterland) --- can be found at Cost Plus World Market
Darbo Jams (from Austria) --- can be found at Cost Plus World Market
Whole foods brand (365) strawberry jam
Sarabeth Jam link (you can buy these jams marked down at Marshalls and TJ Max).
Smuckers organic grapy jelly
Safeway "O" Organics Maple Syrup
Harry and David Ancho sweet chili peper spread

Pastries Try your local, family operated, pastry shop. Since HFCS is added to extend shelf life it is not generally found in family operated bakeries.

Salad Dressings
Great Value (WalMart) Zesty Italian Dressing
Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
HIdden Valley Ranch Old Fash.Buttermilk
Blue Plate Mayonnaise
Ken's Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing
Annie's Naturals organic papaya poppyseed salad dressing.
Annie's Naturals Goddess Dressing (check other Annie's too, quite a few are HFCS free).
Brianna's Homemade Blush Vinaigrette Salad Dressing (all varieties seem to be HFCS free)
Drew's Salad Dressings
Most Neumann's varieties
Kraft Honey Dijon Vinaigreette, dressing & marinade
Kraft Balsamic Vinaigreette, dressing & marinade

Sauces
Barilla Pesto
Ken's Steak House Honey Teriyaki Marinade
Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Soy Vey Very Very Teriyaki --- check marinade section, also Kosher section
Bullseye BBQ sauce Original

Snacks

Frito's corn chips
Natural Cheetos

Soups Annie's Organic Soups

Artist Monk

Rising Star
OG Investor
Good post, shit in everything you can think of and yes DEVILSTRIDER I use the Bullseye and some other one from Whole foods.

Two weeks of no HFCS will shed pounds off you without you even really doing anything, I drink soda from time to time, I drink the Dominican ones with regular sugar if anything though I do love them Jarritos mango joints......:smh:

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
I rarely sweeten any of my foods or eat sweet tasting foods. I really dont have a major sweet tooth. But when I do sweeten my foods I use stevia, honey or some kind of 100% juice....but I use all in moderation.

BTW....One of the other BS ingredients that are being over used is soybean oil. Go to you local grocery store and see the amount of foods that have some form of soybean inside them.

Organic FERMENTED Soybeans are healthy in moderation....but thats not the kind of soybeans that are mostly used by the US. Soybean supplements are used as estrogen replacements for many menopausal Women...my Mom used to use them. So think about what over consumption of soybeans will do to young girls and especially Male's.

Last edited: