Game Of Thrones: The Sopranos with swords or Dynasty in chainmail?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
At all times.

If it's not to move it forward it's holding it back

But also is what it is
Give a ton of sex to start to get ppl watching

Then remove it

I agree and like anything it can be overused a crutch and exploitative

But it can also be a very powerful narrative device.

I'm about watch SWARM to see if I can use that as an example.

afrosoul

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Game of Thrones star Ciarán Hinds was 'put off' by the amount of sex on the show

"It was taking away from the actual political storytelling," the actor says.
By Jessica WangMarch 21, 2023 at 12:03 PM EDT

The leader of the free folk thinks Game of Thrones was a bit too free with its sex scenes.

Ciarán Hinds, who appeared as King-Beyond-the-Wall Mance Rayder between seasons 3 and 5 of the HBO hit, said he didn't care for the amount of intimate scenes on the risqué drama. "I was rather put off by the amount of sexuality that was going on in it, because it was taking away from the actual political storytelling," Hinds told The Independent. "But that's business, I guess, from their perspective."

The Academy Award nominee also called the increase in intimacy coordinators on set "strange," citing a conversation he had with his actress daughter, Aoife Hinds, who worked closely with such coordinators while portraying the college girlfriend of Paul Mescal's Connell on romance series Normal People. "I was asking her [about intimacy coordinators] because it seems to me strange," the actor said.

"I didn't come from that generation. Anything we had to create together, in scenes of a sexual nature, we just talked about it," Hinds added. "It's about how we tell the story together, so I didn't understand why intimacy coordinators were suddenly everywhere. As actors, you let your own spirits inform what you're doing. Aoife said, 'No, it was fantastic because your own emotional context was put on hold, and it became not quite balletic, but not your libido.'"

Hind's former GoT costar Sean Bean made headlines last year when he said intimacy coordinators "spoil the spontaneity" of sex scenes, prompting pushback from actresses like Emma Thompson and Rachel Zegler, who argued that coordinators create a safe space. "Spontaneity in intimate scenes can be unsafe," Zegler said. "Wake up."

Amazon Prime Video announced this week that Hinds has signed on for season 2 of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power in an undisclosed role, joining fellow GoT star Robert Aramayo, who played a young Ned Stark on the series. Fortunately for Hinds, the Rings of Power creators have said that there will be no Westeros-level sex scenes in Middle-earth.
This is a surprising and rather hypocritical take from him. The amount of sex in Rome was 2 or 3x the amount of sex in GoT

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
At all times.

If it's not to move it forward it's holding it back

But also is what it is
Give a ton of sex to start to get ppl watching

Then remove it
This is a surprising and rather hypocritical take from him. The amount of sex in Rome was 2 or 3x the amount of sex in GoT

Yoooooo

I forgot about ROME!!!!

OK this guy is kinda full of sh*t

Pun intended remember that rape scene

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Recently started revisiting the books (audio that is) I can safely say it was book 4 a feast of crows where the story starts to bog down.

If anyone else wants to journey down the rabbit hole I've been listening to this YT audio. Some people are bitching in the comments about her pronunciation of words and names, but I set the playback speed to 2X and it's fine.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Recently started revisiting the books (audio that is) I can safely say it was book 4 a feast of crows where the story starts to bog down.

If anyone else wants to journey down the rabbit hole I've been listening to this YT audio. Some people are bitching in the comments about her pronunciation of words and names, but I set the playback speed to 2X and it's fine.

Yeah, I've heard that GRRM had developed so many characters and storylines in the books that he doesn't know how to pare them down!! :smh:

Better just start killing mofos off like the TV series did!!

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Yeah, I've heard that GRRM had developed so many characters and storylines in the books that he doesn't know how to pare them down!! :smh:

The problem he's having finishing the next two books is probably because of all those characters introduced in Feast and Dance.
The show runners were smart enough to just largely ignore Dorne & the Free Cities (which Dany's sailed).
You know GGRM has entire encyclopedia lengths chapters writing just about Dornish characters.

Fuck them characters GGRM and release the books while you're still alive!

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

The problem he's having finishing the next two books is probably because of all those characters introduced in Feast and Dance.
The show runners were smart enough to just largely ignore Dorne & the Free Cities (which Dany's sailed).
You know GGRM has entire encyclopedia lengths chapters writing just about Dornish characters.

Fuck them characters GGRM and release the books while you're still alive!
You know what's really fucked up?!?

There are some great stories to be had there they just need to be separated.

Like with dunk and egg. I like the way he had maester aemon casually mention the big knight his brother hung out with or the mention of rhenary from HoD.

Sadly he went into exhaustive details for characters who needed to be left by the way side or explored in their own separate tales.

Last edited: