Edwin Valero Commits Suicide!!!!!

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
The one thing I don't get is how you can down play Shane's performance against Mayorga... when a last round KO save him from a terrible lost, but turn around and talk so highly about the 1 or 2 rounds the Zab looked decent against Floyd. Zab didn't do anything spectacular... he just held his own.

I disagree Dude, Zab did give Floyd trouble. Maybe it's based on the standard Floyd set previously by being so subliminally dominant but Zab did more than just hold his own. Especially considering Dude had just lost to Baldomir. One thing I give Floyd credit for is, he is a psychiatrist in the ring too, he figured out how to calmly make Zab implode, which he often does once he starts to gas. Also, regardless of how Shane beat Mayorga, he knocked him out!!! Mayorga's wild ass gave a lot of guys trouble, and while he was no Willie Pep, he did have an unorthodox skill set that was troubling to some. It also shows that Shane carries his power in the latter rounds, which is something Floyd needs to look out for in that unlike Mayorga he wont be pressuring Shane and making him expend as much energy...which makes him dangerous until the final bell...

merce77

Star
Registered
I would agree except we haven't seen Nazim's Mosley vs a quick fighter. Mosley looked good against Collazo, but everyone else has been sluggish brawlers or an L added to his record.

Floyd fights the same which is true, but he hasn't had to change up. I think Shane will force a different Floyd to show up, but I agree with Nazim that PBF will go hard with his back against the wall.

I want to ask you... who do you think will be Berto best match up out the three?

A. Not saying he can't change his style up. But why would he need to change up against guys like Baldomir or Gatti, an old Oscar or Ricky Hatton, or a severely undersized and slow Marquez. Shane would've destroyed any of those guys had he fought them when Floyd did. 33 is kinda old to switch up your style when you rely heavily on reflex and speed.

B. If he goes too hard that might be a mistake imho. Stick to what works, but I'm sure he'll adapt as needed.

C.Berto needs to rematch with Collazo, fuck the bullshit, he barely escaped with his belt in that fight, imho Berto still ain't ready to fight with the big three. I think he could pose some slight problems for Pacman until he was overwhelmed. He ain't fuckin with Floyd. And I think Mosley would ko his ass. But if I was his promoter the safest bet would be Shane and hope he gets old on fight night.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A. Not saying he can't change his style up. But why would he need to change up against guys like Baldomir or Gatti, an old Oscar or Ricky Hatton, or a severely undersized and slow Marquez. Shane would've destroyed any of those guys had he fought them when Floyd did. 33 is kinda old to switch up your style when you rely heavily on reflex and speed.

B. If he goes too hard that might be a mistake imho. Stick to what works, but I'm sure he'll adapt as needed.

C.Berto needs to rematch with Collazo, fuck the bullshit, he barely escaped with his belt in that fight, imho Berto still ain't ready to fight with the big three. I think he could pose some slight problems for Pacman until he was overwhelmed. He ain't fuckin with Floyd. And I think Mosley would ko his ass. But if I was his promoter the safest bet would be Shane and hope he gets old on fight night.

Did someone say Floyd relies heavily on reflex and speed? Wow. I thought he was just a master genius with ultimate boxing knowledge, the greatest defense of all time, and infallible technique.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, I caught that shit too.:lol: Old or not, he's still number 3 in the p4p rankings and hasn't really lost much of his handspeed or stamina. I was actually surprised that he looked about as fast as Floyd when he was doing his pad work with brother Nazim.

I don't see why anyone is surprised by Mosley's speed. Mosley has always been a fast guy from way back. Mayweather is fast but I never found him to be Meldrick Taylor fast or Roy Jones fast.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I actually see Nazim as being the difference in this fight!!! Dude is an underrated trainer and intelligent as hell.... I also don't think Shane is gonna let Floyd get in his head and go in the ring mad..Too much experience for that shit! Floyd is saying some foul shit though, I believe Floyd is a little worried, more than usual though, I've never seen him THIS focused on trying to piss a Dude off, even when he fought Oscar he didn't go at Oscar this hard... :lol:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=27128

Maybe I spoke too soon... :lol:
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=27141

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=27149

merce77

Star
Registered
Did someone say Floyd relies heavily on reflex and speed? Wow. I thought he was just a master genius with ultimate boxing knowledge, the greatest defense of all time, and infallible technique.

Greatest of all time, nope. One of.....definitely. In large part ENABLED by reflex and speed. His technique is another story, I'll give you that. But loss of speed and reflex is the reason why most defensive masters can't fight into their late 30's and forites, with few exceptions. Which is why I can't call him the greatest defensive master ever, it's more impressive to me to not get hit when you aren't that fast or mobile like say a James Tone. I respect your view though, if you think Floyd is the greatest than at least you guys have something in common.:lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

A. I agree

B. I see your point

C. So my nigga you argue with me only to agree with my original point:lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
He did more than hold his own, had that been a four round fight, Floyd would've lost.:lol::lol: And it wasn't so much a case of Floyd figuring that nicca out, Zab fucked himself in everyone of the big fights he lost, Floyd did nothing special in that fight and it was his biggest fight to date against a guy who could match his physical talents. Mosley is that times 2. Styles make fights, I saw a stale Shane against Mayorga. Like I said Mayorga beat Vernon Forrest twice. Oscar looked like shit against Mayorga except for the knockout and it took Tito severely beating that nigga for eight rounds for him to stop him. You actually had MAyorga winning that fight when Shane ko'd him?!?!?!?:lol::lol::dance:

Mayorga beat Forrest and Forrest beat Shane cause styles make fights.

Forrest was overrated... he beat Shane because of his size advantage. Which is the same reason nobody at welter wanted to fight Williams.

Mayorga beat Forrest because he has a tough chin and pressured Forrest like he has never been pressured before. Forrest didn't know what to do with it.

Oscar has been washed up before he fought Mayorga and he wasn't getting beat in that fight before the KO... it was just close

Tito beat Mayorga cause Mayorga was just there to take the shots.

Shane was losing by 1-2 round before the KO and at that point Mayorga was considered a rebound fighter. Shit Oscar probably told Shane to fight Mayorga and get the easy win off a nigga with a name.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
:DYeah man, this thread was going to smoovely.:lol:

:lol: good cause I didn't think I was talking too crazy. If I were Berto's promoter I would be afraid to put him in the ring with any of the top three, but if you want Berto to be the top guy at welter after these nigga's retire... he has to fight one of them atleast.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
:lol: good cause I didn't think I was talking too crazy. If I were Berto's promoter I would be afraid to put him in the ring with any of the top three, but if you want Berto to be the top guy at welter after these nigga's retire... he has to fight one of them atleast.

I'm putting Berto in the Ring with Floyd. He stands a better chance of getting beaten up fighting Pac or Shane, and if he loses to Floyd, and I don't see him getting dominated, I see him getting technically beaten not physically beaten. It's those physical ass whippings that ruin Dudes! Ask David Reid, Fernando Vargas....Kelly Pavlik... :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
Mayorga beat Forrest and Forrest beat Shane cause styles make fights.

Forrest was overrated... he beat Shane because of his size advantage. Which is the same reason nobody at welter wanted to fight Williams.

Mayorga beat Forrest because he has a tough chin and pressured Forrest like he has never been pressured before. Forrest didn't know what to do with it.

Oscar has been washed up before he fought Mayorga and he wasn't getting beat in that fight before the KO... it was just close

Tito beat Mayorga cause Mayorga was just there to take the shots.

Shane was losing by 1-2 round before the KO and at that point Mayorga was considered a rebound fighter. Shit Oscar probably told Shane to fight Mayorga and get the easy win off a nigga with a name.

I don't know dude, I thought Shane looked stale and a little bored, but I didn't think Mayorga was winning that fight, I'll have to check that fight again. I remember being bored and I remember it being a sloppy fight. I don't think Forrest was overrated, it was just an example of Vernon having Shane's number, he did beat him in the amateurs if I'm not mistaken. Vernon would've given Floyd all kinda problems with that quick ass jab and straight right. In his prime Vernon only lost to Mayorga and Ricardo was like the most talked about fighter at the time. Mayorga's a powerful, tough, awkward nicca with a hard chin who's been in with some big names and gave them some hard fights.

merce77

Star
Registered

I'm putting Berto in the Ring with Floyd. He stands a better chance of getting beaten up fighting Pac or Shane, and if he loses to Floyd, and I don't see him getting dominated, I see him getting technically beaten not physically beaten. It's those physical ass whippings that ruin Dudes! Ask David Reid, Fernando Vargas....Kelly Pavlik... :smh:

^^^^^^^Good point. No shame in getting out boxed by Floyd.
And he's fast enough to maybe catch Floyd with something he don't see coming and maybe hurt him. But then that's where the flawless technique that Zeferino was talking about comes into play. Floyd would school him in the second half of the fight.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
^^^^^^^Good point. No shame in getting out boxed by Floyd.
And he's fast enough to maybe catch Floyd with something he don't see coming and maybe hurt him. But then that's where the flawless technique that Zeferino was talking about comes into play. Floyd would school him in the second half of the fight.

All I got to say is Collazo to both of ya'll. If a slick C level maybe B level fighter can get in there and make Berto look bad(I think it should have been scored a draw)... I wonder what Floyd would do. Plus Collazo really isn't that fast as any of these niggas, but he was skilled enough to pick apart some of Berto's mistakes.. The only card Berto had left to play was raw aggression.

Either way I don't see Berto beating Floyd by a long shot. His chances are better to squeak by with a decision win over Shane than Floyd. Plus if a Berto v Shane fight is as action packed as it look on paper... Berto would get way more of a boost (win or lose) than getting countered by Floyd for 12 rounds.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
All I got to say is Collazo to both of ya'll. If a slick C level maybe B level fighter can get in there and make Berto look bad(I think it should have been scored a draw)... I wonder what Floyd would do. Plus Collazo really isn't that fast as any of these niggas, but he was skilled enough to pick apart some of Berto's mistakes.. The only card Berto had left to play was raw aggression.

Either way I don't see Berto beating Floyd by a long shot. His chances are better to squeak by with a decision win over Shane than Floyd. Plus if a Berto v Shane fight is as action packed as it look on paper... Berto would get way more of a boost (win or lose) than getting countered by Floyd for 12 rounds.

I feel you Fam but that Collazo fight was a few years ago and I believe Berto is a much different fighter now. Plus, I see him as more confident as well, and boxing is 60% mental IMO. Also, we keep referring to Floyd like he is a 22 year old. Dude will be 33-34 by his next fight after Shane, just like a lot of fighters who rely on reflexes, his will eventually begin to fade, no matter what he believes. I see him getting out of the game before too long once that starts but if he steps in the ring with a Strong young fighter like Berto, he does stand the risk of getting caught. The thing with Floyd is, no one knows how he will react if he has to go into a dog fight with a strong puncher. Castillo gave him fits the first time but Castillo wasn't half the puncher Shane or Berto is...

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I feel you Fam but that Collazo fight was a few years ago and I believe Berto is a much different fighter now. Plus, I see him as more confident as well, and boxing is 60% mental IMO. Also, we keep referring to Floyd like he is a 22 year old. Dude will be 33-34 by his next fight after Shane, just like a lot of fighters who rely on reflexes, his will eventually begin to fade, no matter what he believes. I see him getting out of the game before too long once that starts but if he steps in the ring with a Strong young fighter like Berto, he does stand the risk of getting caught. The thing with Floyd is, no one knows how he will react if he has to go into a dog fight with a strong puncher. Castillo gave him fits the first time but Castillo wasn't half the puncher Shane or Berto is...

Well the Quintana fight was a few weeks ago and Berto was making a lot of mistakes still. :smh:

I still say Floyd will retire if he can get a couple fights out of Pac. In reality Berto isn't even on Floyd's radar unless he can't get Pac but I see maybe 3 more fights from Floyd.

merce77

Star
Registered
I hear you guys both.
Alaskan, that's why I said fuck the big 3 at welter, he needs to fight Collazo again. If he wants to garner attention, an action packed trilogy (I say trilogy because I think Collazo is capable of taking a rematch if he boxes a little more instead of exchanging so much)with another young fighter waiting his turn also would be a good way to do it. Luis is no joke though. He was the first to beat Hatton imho and got robbed and would have beaten Berto had he not gassed out in the last round. I think in large part, due to inactivity. He's more than a spoiler, he's a highly skilled fighter with heart and a great chin who alot of cats have tried hard to stay away from.
I think Nazim is basing his theory that Floyd will come out of his shell, largely based on Floyd's performance in the Castillo fight. Jose got to Floyd's upper body more effectively than anyone had before or since, and to Floyd's credit he stayed in the pocket and fired right back, to his detriment though. Shane has a better arsenal than Castillo, is faster and can force a fight in many more ways. Floyd would be hard pressed to do to Shane what he did to Castillo in the rematch. The referee also took away Floyd's ability to use his elbow and forearm as a weapon in the first Castillo fight, that shit is a big part of Floyd's defense. He pushes his opponent away with the elbow or forearm and shoots the straight right over it.
Question: You guys even gonna bother tuning into Adamek/Arreola? Could be some fireworks, either way I see it ending by KO.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Well the Quintana fight was a few weeks ago and Berto was making a lot of mistakes still. :smh:

I still say Floyd will retire if he can get a couple fights out of Pac. In reality Berto isn't even on Floyd's radar unless he can't get Pac but I see maybe 3 more fights from Floyd.

I agree...but...Haiti Earthquake, Lay off, and he still knocked Dude out!!! :D I really dont see Floyd fighting 3 more fights. Outside of a possible rematch with Shane and maybe a fight with Pac and a rematch...there is no one left for him to fight. Also, though, unfortunately the Valero suicide makes the Pac vs Mayweather fight a lot more likely, as many were trumpeting Valero as a possible Pac opponent. (Gotta keep with the theme of the thread) :D

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I hear you guys both.
Alaskan, that's why I said fuck the big 3 at welter, he needs to fight Collazo again. If he wants to garner attention, an action packed trilogy (I say trilogy because I think Collazo is capable of taking a rematch if he boxes a little more instead of exchanging so much)with another young fighter waiting his turn also would be a good way to do it. Luis is no joke though. He was the first to beat Hatton imho and got robbed and would have beaten Berto had he not gassed out in the last round. I think in large part, due to inactivity. He's more than a spoiler, he's a highly skilled fighter with heart and a great chin who alot of cats have tried hard to stay away from.
I think Nazim is basing his theory that Floyd will come out of his shell, largely based on Floyd's performance in the Castillo fight. Jose got to Floyd's upper body more effectively than anyone had before or since, and to Floyd's credit he stayed in the pocket and fired right back, to his detriment though. Shane has a better arsenal than Castillo, is faster and can force a fight in many more ways. Floyd would be hard pressed to do to Shane what he did to Castillo in the rematch. The referee also took away Floyd's ability to use his elbow and forearm as a weapon in the first Castillo fight, that shit is a big part of Floyd's defense. He pushes his opponent away with the elbow or forearm and shoots the straight right over it.
Question: You guys even gonna bother tuning into Adamek/Arreola? Could be some fireworks, either way I see it ending by KO.

Collazo just bounced to Jr. Middle. Said he couldnt make WW anymore.

merce77

Star
Registered
Fuck it... with Collazo out, Berto should fight Clottey:lol:

:lol:I'd rather watch him fight one of these:

220px-Wooden-dummy.jpg

There'd be more action.:lol:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
BERTO CANNOT FUCK WITH SOUTHPAWS! I don't know how you guys haven't been able to see that. The southpaw stance just throws this guy off completely. It's not that Collazo is so skillful or any of that stuff. Berto even looked off balance when he fought that face first Urango. Even Quintana should not have lasted as long as he did and whenever he stepped back and used the southpaw angles he was hitting Berto with straight left hands. That's why Berto's only recourse was to bum rush Collazo and eliminate the southpaw angle by squaring up his guy. It was exactly like when Jeff Lacy fought Vanderpool. He could barely defend against the shots coming from the southpaw angle so he rushed Vanderpool and forced him to square up.

Unless Mayweather were to turn southpaw in a fight with Collazo, I see no reason to determine that the Collazo fight is some sort of barometer for how a Berto vs Mayweather fight would be. A stance changes a whole fight and Berto's management is only risking his undefeated status by putting him in with these bummish southpaws back to back.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
yeah, and....

the nigga probably killed his wife so... he had it coming.

He fucked up some interesting boxing match ups.

It's funny but Floyd talk has hijacked about 20 threads on this Jawn!!! :lol::lol::lol: I can see it now, a thread titled "Iceland Volcano shuts down European Air Travel", and Niggas on BGOL leave posts like "Damn, this shit might cause them to Postpone PPV overseas which might Fuck up Floyd's money and shit!!! :angry::angry::angry:""" :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

B. If he goes too hard that might be a mistake imho. Stick to what works, but I'm sure he'll adapt as needed.C.Berto needs to rematch with Collazo, fuck the bullshit, he barely escaped with his belt in that fight, imho Berto still ain't ready to fight with the big three. I think he could pose some slight problems for Pacman until he was overwhelmed. He ain't fuckin with Floyd. And I think Mosley would ko his ass. But if I was his promoter the safest bet would be Shane and hope he gets old on fight night.

Yep.

:DYeah man, this thread was going to smoovely.:lol:

It's troubling.:D

Collazo just bounced to Jr. Middle. Said he couldnt make WW anymore.

Jr. middle is deep as fuck. Jim Lampley gave a lot of praise to the welterweight division but outside of the Big Three and Berto, who fights at welter especially if Cotto beats Foreman? Jr. welterweight and jr. middle are all deeper with more interesting matchups. Not saying it's full of world beaters but it is full of HBO Boxing After Dark or even World Championship Boxing quality guys.

:lol:I'd rather watch him fight one of these:

220px-Wooden-dummy.jpg

There'd be more action.:lol:

All day. :lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
fuck it... I would set up Berto vs Hatton if I was Berto's Promoter. Hatton has a name, isn't dangerous and I would bet Hatton wouldn't mine getting on last check.

merce77

Star
Registered
It's funny but Floyd talk has hijacked about 20 threads on this Jawn!!! :lol::lol::lol: I can see it now, a thread titled "Iceland Volcano shuts down European Air Travel", and Niggas on BGOL leave posts like "Damn, this shit might cause them to Postpone PPV overseas which might Fuck up Floyd's money and shit!!! :angry::angry::angry:""" :lol::lol::lol:

I didn't catch this comment the first time around, I got the next 2 weeks off and Mr. Dewars keeps my company while my girl's at work. But, you're exactly right, Floyd's like a virus in the Sports Forum....:lol::lol::roflmao::roflmao:
On the real, I'm never mad at Floyd or any other brother for gettin paid. Get that money!!!:dance::dance::dance:

merce77

Star
Registered
fuck it... I would set up Berto vs Hatton if I was Berto's Promoter. Hatton has a name, isn't dangerous and I would bet Hatton wouldn't mine getting on last check.

Is Bradley moving up to welter, that might be another option down the line. 147 will have some pretty good fighters moving up in the near future, these guys at 140 won't be able to stay there forever. And junior welter is a pretty stacked division.
Oh and if I remember correctly Lampley made some comments about welter but I think Margarito and Williams were still there, Clottey hadn't yet disgraced himself and Cotto was still Cotto.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

He needs to get it before Hatton fucks around and fights Juan Manuel Marquez. After JMM beats Ricky, he's done.

Is Bradley moving up to welter, that might be another option down the line. 147 will have some pretty good fighters moving up in the near future, these guys at 140 won't be able to stay there forever. And junior welter is a pretty stacked division.

Bradley's got a fight with Maidana coming up on HBO in a couple weeks and that should good (I'll make a whole different thread for that). Junior welter is much deeper than welter right now but that will change when some of these guys move up.

Oh and if I remember correctly Lampley made some comments about welter but I think Margarito and Williams were still there, Clottey hadn't yet disgraced himself and Cotto was still Cotto.

Ah, the days of a deep, exciting welterweight division. Now it's three fighters deep: Mayweather, Mosley, Pacquaio. Junior middleweight, super middle, and jr. welter are much deeper and stocked full of watchable fights.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

Y'all Thought I was bullshittin' !!!!

Thread Title " ~MANNY PACQUIAO Linked To Assassination Attempt On His Political Rival~"

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is set to look into the possible involvement of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao in the attempted ambush on the mayor of the Glan town Sunday evening.

This, after rumors surfaced that one of the two vehicles seized by the authorities from the five arrested suspects are registered under the name of Pacquiao's wife, Jinky. Several campaign stickers of Pacquiao were also recovered from the vans.

But Pacquiao, standard bearer of People’s Champ Movement, said the attempt to link him to the assassination try on Glan town mayor Enrique Yap Jr. was politically-motivated aimed at tainting his candidacy which has been gaining on his rival businessman Roy Chiongbian.

The two Toyota vans with plate numbers RBR 709 and MDM 577 were seized by the authorities from the suspects who allegedly attempted to ambush Yap.

Also taken from the suspects were an Armalite rifle and a .45 caliber pistol.

“These unfounded charges against me came out as a result of the recent survey which showed my candidacy was faring well against my opponent,” Pacquiao said.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/254871/pacman-linked-ambush-try-sarangani-mayor

One of the Post?!?!?!

Just another bullshit reason he trying to in dodging Mayweather.

Sheeiittt!!!! Told You!!!! :lol::lol::lol: