Chill Spots in Philly(Ongoing)

Philli

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I was in Philly a couple of years ago Max's was on point in terms of their cheese steaks.
I think it's in north Philly
Straight hood spot from what I remember though
Even sold 40oz bottles in the cooler :lol:

Intersection of Germantown Ave and Erie Ave ALL DAY! I used to love Max's. But Tony Luke's to me is hands down the best cheese steak place. If you want great food and sandwiches of all kinds... hit up the Reading Terminal (Dinic's and Hershel's especially) . Just went there today. Been in Philly for a few days visiting friends and family since the GOP has caused me to be furloughed.

daman200

Rising Star
Registered
Anybody recommend any cool spots for young urban professionals? I'm talking like chill lounges not no hood spots. I'm leaving the A and getting sent up North...work. :hmm: Been up there a few times mostly to Center City but I didn't really see the same level of Black professionals as I see in Atlanta. I know it's Atlanta but Philly has a large Black population also..so where do those people go for happy hour?

Since u asked about happy hour . Philly is great for happy hour. I work downtown by rotten house square. Okay check out center city sips.com. As far as black professionals check out big bangs on 15th and arch. World cafe live on 30th and market is good. 17th and walnut has an American spot I always meet professional black woman there. Also top of the tower on arch and 19th great views of the city and honeys .

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Since u asked about happy hour . Philly is great for happy hour. I work downtown by rotten house square. Okay check out center city sips.com. As far as black professionals check out big bangs on 15th and arch. World cafe live on 30th and market is good. 17th and walnut has an American spot I always meet professional black woman there. Also top of the tower on arch and 19th great views of the city and honeys .

CC sips runs late june until the end of august they dont have it in the fall spring or winter

but you can meet some decent chicks there though

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I was in Philly a couple of years ago Max's was on point in terms of their cheese steaks.
I think it's in north Philly
Straight hood spot from what I remember though
Even sold 40oz bottles in the cooler :lol:

Maxx's on Broad/Erie/Germantown intersection. I took my white suburban coworker there to get a cheesesteak one day...culture shock, but he fell in love with black women after that.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maxx's on Broad/Erie/Germantown intersection. I took my white suburban coworker there to get a cheesesteak one day...culture shock, but he fell in love with black women after that.

They even had a DJ up in there jamming while I was there :yes:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Update! What's good to do in Philly? I never been.

Looking to do some African American sights... a good museum that has unique stuff.

I also wanna do some ALL BLACK SPOTS, where there are NO WHITE FOLKS! Bar, restaurants, clubs, etc. Any kind of festival, Caribbean restaurants or clubs.

Really like lounges, jazz, and wine!

DOGGISH! WHERE Y'AT?!

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit is crazy. Most of the spots I used to frequent are gone within the past couple years. Blockley. Walnut Room. Elena's. Fluid. Arts Garage. Silk City still pops though depending on the night. They usually play good music. Keep hearing good things about this spot called Kung Fu Necktie but I haven't been there yet. It's in Northern Liberties.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just touched down...

Y'all slippin'! Lemme get to baggage claim before somebody post somethin

Stop WATCHING me!

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
18 Things You Have to Do While You're in Philly

Hundreds of thousands of people are descending on the city of Philadelphia in anticipation of Pope Francis’ Mass on the city’s Ben Franklin Parkway.

Everyone knows the Philadelphia tourist standbys. You run up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and pump your fists in the air like Rocky. You get a cheese-steak from Pat’s, you get a cheese steak from Geno’s. You fight over which one has better whiz.

But as a Philadelphia native, I can promise you that there is so much more to do in the City of Brotherly Love. When visitors aren’t busy trying to sneak a peek of and a blessing from Pope Francis, these are some of the things worth doing, eating and seeing.

Full Article:https://www.yahoo.com/travel/18-things-you-have-to-do-while-youre-in-philly-015050011.html