Charlotte, NC

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@DC_Dude charlotte region has Johnson C. Smith and Clinton College.

Columbia coool spots.... 5 points, Chayz Lounge and Goat's.

You right and I always forget about Clinton, but the 2 I mentioned are in the city of Columbia.

Those definitely are some cool spots....I'll add Halls steakhouse on main street...

Cochese2k

The rules change for me
Registered
Fellas - any thoughts about the lake Wylie area?
They are building beautiful houses over there, but it isn't close to the city or highways. Just one main road in and out (Tryon) with serious traffic and a couple of single lanes back roads.
For your price point, look in South Charlotte below South Park, Ballantyne, Carmel or if you don't mind CACs Union County.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are building beautiful houses over there, but it isn't close to the city or highways. Just one main road in and out (Tryon) with serious traffic and a couple of single lanes back roads.
For your price point, look in South Charlotte below South Park, Ballantyne, Carmel or if you don't mind CACs Union County.
Thanks. Heading down this weekend to look. Also looking at Huntersville as well.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you both telework, why are you hellbent on NC when sc ( Indian land, fort mill, rock hill are within 20 min of CLT) think silver springs or upper marlboro to DC.

check out city-data.com forum section to ask locals questions as well as to read transplant experiences. Check out the Charlotte observer and the Herald online sites for local newspaper reporting.
I think you was on to something….

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wsup fellas. Me and wifey just moved in to our crib this week.

Thanks for the all of the advice. I am renting out my condo in DC.

Question - I need a barber. Any recommendations? I am out here in Indian Land, SC about 1 mile from the NC border and less than 10 minutes from Ballantyne.

Congratulations homie!!! I saw a dude on the News complaining about how he couldn't find no housing and he's from DC..I thought maaan DC dude out here going in....lol

I go to No Grease...they have locations all over Charlotte...closest one to you might be at SouthPark Mall off Sharon Road

Here

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Congratulations homie!!! I saw a dude on the News complaining about how he couldn't find no housing and he's from DC..I thought maaan DC dude out here going in....lol

I go to No Grease...they have locations all over Charlotte...closest one to you might be at SouthPark Mall off Sharon Road

Here
Appreciate it homie.

Yeah out here in Indian Land they building like crazy. Tons of new homes. Hell I was shocked at the amount of townhomes being built also. Seems to be a new thing in the Carolina’s.

Thanks for the barber look out also. Found a good dude down in Columbia, SC I was going while I was down there waiting on the crib to be done, but I can’t drive 1 hour for a cut. Lol

Can’t wait to see what the QC has to offer. My homie who had a crib in capital heights md just moved in his crib I think in the Steele creek area about 2 months ago.

God's Gift

The best of the majority of you niggas.
BGOL Investor
Appreciate it homie.

Yeah out here in Indian Land they building like crazy. Tons of new homes. Hell I was shocked at the amount of townhomes being built also. Seems to be a new thing in the Carolina’s.

Thanks for the barber look out also. Found a good dude down in Columbia, SC I was going while I was down there waiting on the crib to be done, but I can’t drive 1 hour for a cut. Lol

Can’t wait to see what the QC has to offer. My homie who had a crib in capital heights md just moved in his crib I think in the Steele creek area about 2 months ago.
Congratulations on your move to Ft. Mill. There are some very talented barbers in your area but most I could recommend don't have appointments. I know of 1 that I have to get to his shop @ 5:30am on a Saturday and I still could be 3rd in line when he opens @ 6am.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Congratulations on your move to Ft. Mill. There are some very talented barbers in your area but most I could recommend don't have appointments. I know of 1 that I have to get to his shop @ 5:30am on a Saturday and I still could be 3rd in line when he opens @ 6am.

Damn and Thanks!! Yeah your recommendations from the start was very helpful. Glad we moved out here....10 minutes from Ballaytyne (which reminds me alot of Northern VA), good schools, and most of the people I've met are down to earth (being from SC that wasn't a surprised, but still good)...

God's Gift

BGOL Investor
I didn't realize how many had ties to this region. Northern money brings the need for northern experiences. That said, I can do just about everything I did in the north here except find corner stores and deli's and the ability to get liquor on Sundays due to the blue laws.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
vI didn't realize how many had ties to this region. Northern money brings the need for northern experiences. That said, I can do just about everything I did in the north here except find corner stores and deli's and the ability to get liquor on Sundays due to the blue laws.

Man I have met so many people from DC that are in the area...I haven't gotten my tags changed so cats been waving me down like you from DC and etc....Had a 20 minutes conversation with the mail guy the other day about how he moved to the area....Got a white lady in the neighborhood that is from Northern VA...
Yeah the blue laws do suck though....
tNorthern money brings the need for northern experiences.
This is why shit starting to get a lil pricey in the Charlotte metro area...

They building a Costco in Indian Land (big joint and not like the one I went to in Charlotte)....Similar to the one near my crib in DC..

Random thing though....Why is there 2 targets less than 1 mile from each other in Ballantyne?

Last edited:

God's Gift

BGOL Investor
The solid facts are...
there's a shortage of houses to buy and a minimum purchase price of $250k to have an American dream house anywhere you have amenities and culture. If you don't have a farm, you have time for leisure and leisure time is EXPENSIVE with everything else attached to it.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

4 ways Charlotte will reach its potential, from a top CEO​

Gene Woods giving a speech

Gene Woods at the 2024 Vision Awards. Photo credit: CCCP and Grant Baldwin

Advocate Health CEO Gene Woods has four requirements for Charlotte.
Why it matters: This city was shaped by business leaders. Often they can effect change more than politicians can.
Driving the news: Woods shared a must-do checklist for city leaders and the business community in an audience Wednesday as he accepted the Center City 2024 Vision Award.
  • The honor was largely bestowed upon Woods due to his leadership of The Pearl.
  • The mixed-use development will be home to Wake Forest University School of Medicine Charlotte and elevate Charlotte into an innovation destination, attracting international medical experts.
  • Woods also steered Atrium Health through its merger with Advocate Health in 2022.
What he's saying: "Our potential will only be fully realized if we not only shape our buildings but shape a city in which every resident here has the opportunity to truly thrive," Woods told the audience, "from Tryon Hills ... to Ballantyne."
Here are Woods' requirements.

1. Tackle homelessness​

Around 3,000 people are experiencing homelessness in Mecklenburg County.
  • "We can't be that beacon of hope as a city if we don't solve for that," he said.
Homelessness should be "rare, brief, and nonrecurring," Woods said. The community should focus on preventing evictions, critical home repair, street outreach and converting hotels to shelters, he added.

2. Invest in transportation​

Wood stressed the region must invest in transportation as it grows by millions of people. And, it should do so before federal infrastructure funds run dry.
Those investments could range from roads that accommodate autonomous vehicles to new light rail, Woods said.

• Charlotte and Mecklenburg County have made little headway on their transit needs because they haven't secured a local funding source.

3. Support education​

"Education is still the great equalizer of this nation," Woods said.
Woods said the city and its business community must continue to invest in pre-K and ensure third-graders are reading so they're on track to graduate.
  • He called for support of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools and its relatively new superintendent, Crystal Hill.

4. Find a cultural soul​

Woods knows a thing or two about soul. When he's not at his day job, he's a singer and guitarist who features the Charlotte skyline as the backdrop in his music videos.
"We should strive to be a city known for art, sports and music," Woods said.
  • Woods said Charlotte must figure out its version of "cultural soul," as "music cities" like Nashville and New Orleans have.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Wegmans is coming to Charlotte​

headshot

Share on facebook (opens in new window)
Share on twitter (opens in new window)
Share on linkedin (opens in new window)
Share on nextdoor (opens in new window)
Share on email (opens in new window)
Wegmans supermarket

Rendering: Courtesy of Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets will debut its first Charlotte location in Ballantyne in 2026.
Why it matters: Charlotte grocery shoppers have been waiting for years for the New York-based chain to expand here. Wegmans is one of the nation's most popular grocers.
What to expect: Charlotte's first Wegmans will be approximately 110,000 square feet. It'll open in the third quarter of 2026 on North Community House Road on the east side of Ballantyne, a half mile from The Bowl at Ballantyne.
Flashback: In 2019, about 3,000 people lined up on a Sunday morning before Wegmans opened the doors of its first North Carolina location in Raleigh.
  • In the years since, the brand has opened stores in Chapel Hill, Morrisville and Wake Forest.
What they're saying: "Four years after opening our first store in North Carolina, we're excited to announce that Wegmans is coming to Charlotte," Dan Aken, VP of real estate and store planning, said in a statement.
  • "We've received hundreds of requests from locals asking for a store in their area, and we've spent years looking for exactly the right location. We're thrilled to bring the Wegmans experience to this community."
Wegmans in Charlotte
Rendering courtesy of Wegmans
Wegmans in Charlotte
Wegmans in Charlotte

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm on the North side, University area, been here for 12 years.

I own my crib, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, garage, single family home.

Keep posting your questions as you review the videos and I will try to help best I can.

Dope congratulation BRUH... HOLD IT DOWN!!!!

Question.. How is crime in your area, has your home ever been broken into? Thats the only thing stoppin me from owning a home,

I for now perfer dealing with apt/condo dwellings.. it just seems so easy for someone to just break into your house, with a sledge hammer

and gun...

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dope congratulation BRUH... HOLD IT DOWN!!!!

Question.. How is crime in your area, has your home ever been broken into? Thats the only thing stoppin me from owning a home,

I for now perfer dealing with apt/condo dwellings.. it just seems so easy for someone to just break into your house, with a sledge hammer

and gun...
It's been about 10 year since the last attempted break in.

Sliding glass patio door in the back of the house was the weak point. I have since replaced it with a standard steel hinged door and an iron storm door. <see below>

Whomever tried to break in knew I wasn't home and they did it while I was at work during the day. I also have an alarm system which did go off so they never took anything just caused damage throwing a stone through sliding glass door.

As for guns I'm armed with multiple AR rifles on the first and second floor. I keep them out of sight, other than my Brother, no one knows where I hide them for easy access. I'm a glock fan so I have handgun access at all times within arms length.

Because of wild life behind my house (wooded area) I'm almost always armed when I'm out in the back of my house.

I will say this, having grown up in North Philly during the crack era, crime in Charlotte doesn't phase me. I do live in a nice area, equal parts white/Black and hispanics. White women are always jogging by or jogging with babies in strollers.

As the old expression goes, if you stay ready you never have to get ready.

717C1UH0leL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg