Carl Weathers who starred as Apollo Creed in the first four Rocky films, has died. He was 76.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
425606868_4101543283410810_8195825094698769222_n.jpg
425599797_4101543313410807_6781865723022122313_n.jpg
425741090_4101543296744142_1563570339953828326_n.jpg
425511815_4101543320077473_4981666322498938219_n.jpg

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

Rocky’ Star Carl Weathers Official Cause Of Death Revealed​

Rocky' star Carl Weathers' official cause of death has been revealed.

According to his death certificate exclusively obtained by The Blast, Weathers passed away inside of his home in Venice, California. The legendary actor, who played Apollo Creed in the 'Rocky' films, died on February 2 at 12:18 am.

The document lists the actor as spending 51 years in the "entertainment industry" and divorced at the time of his passing. His son, Matthew Weathers, was listed as the person who notified authorities of his passing.

The death certificate lists "atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease" as his official cause of death.

Specifically, the document says he suffered from heart disease for years. Investigators declared the manner of death as "natural."

The "Happy Gilmore" star was cremated, and his family is taking home his ashes. He was 76 years old. The veteran actor's family confirmed the devastating news via a statement:

"He died peacefully in his sleep on Thursday, February 1st, 2024. We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of Carl Weathers."
They continued, "[He] was an exceptional human being who lived an extraordinary life. Through his contributions to film, television, the arts, and sports, he has left an indelible mark and is recognized worldwide and across generations. He was a beloved brother, father, grandfather, partner, and friend."

@Gemini

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
BB1hHjE0.img

Although Michael B. Jordan and Carl Weathers didn’t appear together in the Creed films, their casting ties couldn’t be any closer. Carl is best known for his role as Apollo Creed in the legendary Rocky films of the 1970s and 80s, and Michael went on to play his son, Adonis Creed, in the three Creed films — the latest of which was released in 2023. After a legendary career, Carl died at the age of 76 on February 1, 2024.

Michael, 36, shared a brief but heartfelt message via Instagram Stories on Friday. Alongside a repost of a portrait of Carl, Michael wrote, “We lost a legend,” along with two dove emojis. In another slide, he paid silent tribute with a throwback photo of Carl working out with a punching bag.

Carl, whose credits include a litany of impressive roles in television and film over the years, died on Thursday, and his family released a statement announcing his death on Friday, February 2. “We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of Carl Weathers,” they said in the statement obtained by Deadline. “He died peacefully in his sleep on Thursday, February 1st, 2024. Carl was an exceptional human being who lived an extraordinary life. Through his contributions to film, television, the arts and sports, he has left an indelible mark and is recognized worldwide and across generations. He was a beloved brother, father, grandfather, partner, and friend.”

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
I see that all the women he married were white women. I thought they’d all be black. He married 3 white women. Damn shame cause all his money is going back to the white community.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I had no idea he did that to Carl. Was all that well documented?
I thought it was. Apparently not. There were issues of compensation and how Apollos role was presented and ended. Stallone called Carl greedy for later not agreeing to do his bitch ass a "favor" and appear in one of the later films for free on some mascot shit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I thought it was. Apparently not. There were issues of compensation and how Apollos role was presented and ended. Stallone called Carl greedy for later not agreeing to do his bitch ass a "favor" and appear in one of the later films for free on some mascot shit.

I believe you I did hear about the beef with compensation in the later movies about using his image, but they seem to be on and off again. Carl was on his reality show, Stallone didn't put him in expendable but always spoke highly of Carl. Especially after Stallone kid died.

So I can't get into that friendship cause only Carl and Sly knows the truth.

And it really doesn't matter now sadly.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Stallone is a bigoted piece of shit. And he fucked over Carl on numerous occasions. I wish you guys stop posting him in this thread.

I had no idea he did that to Carl. Was all that well documented?

I believe you I did hear about the beef with compensation in the later movies about using his image, but they seem to be on and off again. Carl was on his reality show, Stallone didn't put him in expendable but always spoke highly of Carl. Especially after Stallone kid died.

So I can't get into that friendship cause only Carl and Sly knows the truth.

And it really doesn't matter now sadly.
they had an issue about the rocky movie this was during expendables
they just made up few years ago
thats why some would say what happend with him with micheal b is karma

but i agree with amajor seems like stallone using carl for his roll out
it might be me but i didnt hear him talk about carl when they first did creed
then again they were issues

i guess at the end of the day he kept it real and gave carl
the blessing he deserved