Carl Weathers who starred as Apollo Creed in the first four Rocky films, has died. He was 76.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hearing the news of Carl Weathers passing today is shocking, I’m going to struggle through these words… I was so looking forward to giving Carl the biggest hug at one of these fan expos I heard we were both going to be at this year. I looked forward to that reunion. Carl called me directly after I was fired. I wasn’t in an emotional state where I could pick up the phone because of how upset I was, but we did end up speaking later on. He was gentle and encouraging and didn’t want me to give up, he was letting me know that he wasn’t throwing me away, he was trying to keep my hope alive in what seemed like quite hopeless scenario, he showed me he cared. That is who he was. I bonded with him very closely on Mando season 1&2. Jon Favreau felt he would be a good mentor for me because we shared the athlete turned actor bond, so Jon had him direct my first episode in season 2 of Mando. I believe had we gotten to Rangers of the New Republic, Carl would’ve directed me in much more. Jon F was right, we were a great fit. Carl was a mentor to me on set, he would put both his arms on my shoulders and look me directly in the eyes to calm my spirit. He had a wonderful perspective of telling a story that can only come through his experience and wisdom that he shared with me to help make me shine. I cherish those moments. I adored making him laugh, I always wanted to figure out how to make him smile, where the corner of his mouth would start to crack and I knew I had him, then out came his bellowing laugh. His laugh I can hear clearly now. His laugh that I will miss dearly. His big booming voice echoed throughout the stage and you just knew, this is what a movie star truly is. He obviously shined on screen but man did he light up with such passion in that directors chair. I’m going to miss my friend and mentor and that mischievous little sparkle in his eye. He was one of the greats and quite a ground breaker. I am flooded by all the precious memories we had together. My condolences to his family and loved ones. He was a great man. Rest in peace my dear friend. As he would say #Bepeace my friend Be peace. #CarlWeathers
@TheCarlWeathers

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Hearing the news of Carl Weathers passing today is shocking, I’m going to struggle through these words… I was so looking forward to giving Carl the biggest hug at one of these fan expos I heard we were both going to be at this year. I looked forward to that reunion. Carl called me directly after I was fired. I wasn’t in an emotional state where I could pick up the phone because of how upset I was, but we did end up speaking later on. He was gentle and encouraging and didn’t want me to give up, he was letting me know that he wasn’t throwing me away, he was trying to keep my hope alive in what seemed like quite hopeless scenario, he showed me he cared. That is who he was. I bonded with him very closely on Mando season 1&2. Jon Favreau felt he would be a good mentor for me because we shared the athlete turned actor bond, so Jon had him direct my first episode in season 2 of Mando. I believe had we gotten to Rangers of the New Republic, Carl would’ve directed me in much more. Jon F was right, we were a great fit. Carl was a mentor to me on set, he would put both his arms on my shoulders and look me directly in the eyes to calm my spirit. He had a wonderful perspective of telling a story that can only come through his experience and wisdom that he shared with me to help make me shine. I cherish those moments. I adored making him laugh, I always wanted to figure out how to make him smile, where the corner of his mouth would start to crack and I knew I had him, then out came his bellowing laugh. His laugh I can hear clearly now. His laugh that I will miss dearly. His big booming voice echoed throughout the stage and you just knew, this is what a movie star truly is. He obviously shined on screen but man did he light up with such passion in that directors chair. I’m going to miss my friend and mentor and that mischievous little sparkle in his eye. He was one of the greats and quite a ground breaker. I am flooded by all the precious memories we had together. My condolences to his family and loved ones. He was a great man. Rest in peace my dear friend. As he would say #Bepeace my friend Be peace. #CarlWeathers
@TheCarlWeathers

Well that was real sweet and kind Gina.

Salute

Carl and Pedro tried to convince her to talk that way after the controversy first started

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sexy as HELL as Cara Dune.
Only to toss all that away over not be able to keep her mouth shut.
I'm still a fan though.

Yup, Good lawd that woman was scrumptious

But nah she turned me off with trolling doubling down and not taking Carl advice. Especially when Carl don't do MAGA is heavy civil rights black power and Pedro sibling is Trans (which is why some of the crew were especially mad they thought she was going at Pedto, which she was not deliberately. And they both still fought for her but she wouldn't chill. I can't mess with that type of personality. I wish her luck though.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn I grew up watching him, and enjoyed all the films he did, Hopefully we'll get to see him in the upcoming Super Bowl ads with Gronk and Cena. Rest In Peace.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I bonded with him very closely on Mando season 1&2. Jon Favreau felt he would be a good mentor for me because we shared the athlete turned actor bond, so Jon had him direct my first episode in season 2 of Mando. I believe had we gotten to Rangers of the New Republic,
Damn forgot he was supposed to be on that show..

OJ shouldve turned off the comments on his Twitter.. some of those responses like"..good,now do the same for Nicole & Ron",etc

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
424989090_889577262963284_3987105295546746166_n.jpg

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Carl Weathers - first early role - Good Times 1975​

This whole episode is a riot. This show was so good before the producers fired John Amos. He saw the direction the show was headed(The J.J. Show, basically), voiced his disapproval and was fired, and later on Esther Rolle would quit for the same reasons. Good Times Season 2x16 - The Nude Original air date: Jan 14, 1975