Bobby Caldwell - RIP..

Al Smith

Rogue Mod
OG Investor

Bobby Caldwell, 'What You Won't Do For Love' R&B crooner, dies at 71
Elise BriscoUSA TODAY

Bobby Caldwell, who famously sang R&B hits including "What You Won't Do For Love" and "Open Your Eyes," has died. He was 71.
The soulful singer-songwriter's wife announced his death on his official Twitter account Wednesday, saying he at home.
"Bobby passed away here at home. I held him tight in my arms as he left us. I am forever heartbroken. Thanks to all of you for your many prayers over the years," she wrote.
She said her husband had been struggling with health issues for the past six years after being "floxed," a condition that arises after an adverse affect from consuming a fluoroquinolone antibiotic according to treatment center Regenerative Medicine LA.
USA TODAY has reached out to Caldwell's reps for more information.

Caldwell's signature voice transcended genres of jazz, R&B and rock as his soulful hit song "What You Won't Do For Love" ascended the Billboard 100 charts after its 1978 release on his eponymous debut album.
"What You Won't Do For Love" became a multi-generational hit, in part because of its wide appeal as a sample and cover song. Tupac Shakur sampled the track on his 1998 "Do for Love," and Boyz II Men, Snoh Aalegra, Michael Bolton and more have re-recorded it as a cover.
Caldwell's "Open Your Eyes," off his sophomore 1980 "Cat in the Hat" album, also became a sample for the chorus on Common's hit song "The Light," off his 2000 album "Like Water for Chocolate."
He released his latest album, "Cool Uncle," in collaboration with Jack Splash in 2015.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was just a while ago that I even knew he was a white man thanks to bgol and this is sad news for someone you didn't know but you knew of his song that's been played like theme music that's been apart of your life....

The Music will carry on.....

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can safely say that song What You Wont Do For Love is the soulful song ever sung by a white male singer with all due respect to Michael McDonald. RIP TO THE GREAT SINGER