Black Man of the Day: Dwayne McDuffie (Comic Book Visionary Milestone) Update: MILESTONE doc on HBO MAX 7/29/22!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DC dropped alot of good stuff yesterday....

Yo...

Might be the first time in a long time their line up legitimately rivaled Marvel.

I like how they are staying in their own lane.

It's good to see GOOD different versions of these stories

It's tough cause I don't know if DC should get full credit for shows like Lucifer and Upcoming Sandman

If DC got a Feige like crew?

Then this seriously impressive

I ain't saying they dropping Endgame or Wandavision but they got some potential bangers.

Black Adam, Batman, Flash, Naomi, Aqua man, HBO Max Pennyworth, Stargirl , Batwoman, I think are the ones

And if the Eternals flops?

We might finally see a weak spot at the house of mouse.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I copped this for my daughter! I try and let my kid read comics just to get them to read. Worked really good for my daughter as she has gotten into reading actual books...my son...yeah not so much. But he is still a strong reader.

Smart move.

Surprised it didn't work for both cause that been my trick for years. But it don't matter that young man just got his own way. Good job dad.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Every time I hit my local comic shop I cop like 3 separate issues of any new Static Shock's, Nubia, Black Manta, etc... If my kids want to read one I will give one to them or in case my nephews want one.

Then some of them will have Variant covers (which is a scam) and I have an impulse that I HAVE to buy them too. So I can come out with an extra 100 bucks spent when I went in there for a single title. with 3-4 copies of the same book. But if I don't they won't stock them and if they don't stock them then you won't see any representation.

Yes I have a problem no doubt, but that blerd kid that moves in 5 years from now and is looking for a Nubia or Static or just someone that LOOKS like him I hope I would have laid enough ground for him to have that experience. I remember being a kid and NEVER seeing a Power Man or Falcon comic books. And it wasn't cause the "comic book" store didn't didn't carry them. My "comic book" shop was a Corner Store called Dairy Mart and another corner store called The Cold Spot (total liquor store) So to ME McDuffie is doing the Lords work.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Smart move.

Surprised it didn't work for both cause that been my trick for years. But it don't matter that young man just got his own way. Good job dad.

He's a boy and that sweet siren song of video games is sung A LOT sweeter in his ears. But everyday after school I make them read for 20min before they play video games.