Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Reading that thread was very eye opening about how it all good just a week ago

@ViCiouS @Piff Henderson

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You did see Stark in The Incredible Hulk though. It wasn't much but the MCU hadn't really been established yet so it was all that was needed.

Meanwhile, the DCEU has going on for some years now. Black Adam the character should've been introduced more slowly.
Shit was introduced like Dr Dre detox
Idk how much slower it could have been

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man fuck you bro! Depression from what?

It says in the article,

1) Blowing out his shoulder/ losing his scholarship in college.
2) His divorce from his first wife
3) Some shit that was going on in 2017 (now that would be interesting to read about, because he was in full star mode, came off at least 1 Fast movie and numerous blockbusters he lead.....)

But the first two are very understandable

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I missed the part where the rock was an academy award winning script writer

Or was a partner with one

Or understood how to write one

Or had a track record of anything resembling that.

Super hero movies need something
Doesn't have to be the same thing just something

This managed to have nothing or nobody you care about

Who cares if the side characters were good lol
The story was bad

6 months later...

This ether is still sizzling.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

I hold nothing against him for admitting this. So many of us have battle with depression and other forms of mental health. That said, we always hear about celebrities bringing "awareness" to this or that illness but really all it does is bring sympathy to themselves.

Most people who are worried about these celebs couldn't care less about what the average person on the street or even their next door neighbor is going through. We have a lot sympathy for celebs in this culture and very little for the average citizen.

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I totally agree about the language thing. How the fuck you speak perfect American English? That's the only thing that bugged me. Just didn't make sense.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How? Production was over 250 million. Marketing about 125 to be fair. So 375 million and it grossed less thant 400 million. Kevin is using CNN/Fox math. Basically, if the gross is more than production, the movie made money. :smh: No taking into consideration marketing or the split with theaters.

But see what I'm saying?

Listen to Kevin

He claiming biggest opening metrics etc we ain't privy too

And the Rock is nodding

So we at a tricky place

We saying Kevin and Dwayne are liars and publicly spreading misinformation

Or could it be that like we been heard "Hollywood math" is deliberately indecipherable and we REALLY don't know what a hit is unless they tell us?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
But see what I'm saying?

Listen to Kevin

And the Rock is nodding

So we at a tricky place

Or could it be that like we been heard "Hollywood math" is deliberately indecipherable and we REALLY don't know what a hit is unless they tell us?
No, they are telling the truth. The movie made money. Made damn near $400 million. Not one lie told. People do that shit all the time. Mix up total revenue with how much money was really made after expenses.

Now did it make a profit? And remember, one company under an umbrella can move shit to another one and claim profit off that business math. It's like how the rat move some of its money around. I guess that is the 'hollywood math'.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
But see what I'm saying?

Listen to Kevin

And the Rock is nodding

So we at a tricky place

:bullshit:

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I watched it for free yesterday on the plane. I was so disappointed. I immediately looked up the reviews and this gentlman on Google summed it up perfectly:
"The kid - Has no bearing on the story whatsoever. They could have removed his character altogether, made no difference in the plot.

Then there was this top notch storyline exchange:
Hey lady let us see whats in your bag
No
We're just trying to help we're the good guys
Really, you just show up to help us, look around you, you don't know anything about us or our history
We know more than you think, we know stuff from hidden secret texts that no one has ever even but we have seen and have access to
Oh yeah prove it?
They say this and this and this and that is why Black Adam is bad
Ok I'll help you because even though you've never been around to help us before, and we don't know each other....you said things, I'll totally trust you
(Enter justifiable eye roll here)"

:roflmao2: :roflmao2:

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
The Rock's movies are enjoyable enough, but few I want to watch more than once. The majority of them seems like the Rock just reading lines, no depth and you don't forget you are watching the Rock. It's like the Rock playing at acting. Even the movies I liked, like the Scorpion King, Jumanji and Jungle Cruise it seemed that way. I really liked Rampage tho and the Tooth Fairy.

It might be because his wrestling persona is so big, that its hard to see the character. He can't really change his appearance. For example, Karl Urban. He looks different in almost any character he portrays. Skurge in Ragnarock, Bones in Star Trek, Vaako in Riddick, Black Hat in Priest, Eomer in LOTR, if it hadn't been for IMDB, I would have thought they were different actors.

That said, I liked Black Adam and can watch it more than once. My brother also watched it more than once, if it was trash he wouldn't.
Don't forget Dredd! And The Boys! Urban is on some other level but you summed it up perfectly!

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
@ViCiouS

This the man the media tried to make a concerted effort to slander?

You called this out perfectly

giphy.gif

icegif-1967.gif

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@ViCiouS

This the man the media tried to make a concerted effort to slander?

You called this out perfectly

Whose going to be a dyck to a bunch of kids?! The slander is amongst his peers who are trying to work and he is cutting them off at the knees. He'll say he is making Black Adam for the fans, but then rewrites it to line his pockets