Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
The Rock comes out looking bad here.

Now in almost any metric, I'm taking Dwayne over Zack without a thought. In this situation though, I can't stand with The Rock.

There are no winners here though since both those films crashed and burned. DCEU needs a restart.
It's Gett ng a restart the dcu. Why are people's oae acting like the dceu is still a.thing? After the flash and Aquaman that's it.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
What's Rock's philosophy after 20 years? Paying the bills?

Honestly, the dude really hasn't grown in his craft since Walking Tall, he's just gotten older.

The Rock's movies are enjoyable enough, but few I want to watch more than once. The majority of them seems like the Rock just reading lines, no depth and you don't forget you are watching the Rock. It's like the Rock playing at acting. Even the movies I liked, like the Scorpion King, Jumanji and Jungle Cruise it seemed that way. I really liked Rampage tho and the Tooth Fairy.

It might be because his wrestling persona is so big, that its hard to see the character. He can't really change his appearance. For example, Karl Urban. He looks different in almost any character he portrays. Skurge in Ragnarock, Bones in Star Trek, Vaako in Riddick, Black Hat in Priest, Eomer in LOTR, if it hadn't been for IMDB, I would have thought they were different actors.

That said, I liked Black Adam and can watch it more than once. My brother also watched it more than once, if it was trash he wouldn't.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
The Rock's movies are enjoyable enough, but few I want to watch more than once. The majority of them seems like the Rock just reading lines, no depth and you don't forget you are watching the Rock. It's like the Rock playing at acting. Even the movies I liked, like the Scorpion King, Jumanji and Jungle Cruise it seemed that way. I really liked Rampage tho and the Tooth Fairy.

It might be because his wrestling persona is so big, that its hard to see the character. He can't really change his appearance. For example, Karl Urban. He looks different in almost any character he portrays. Skurge in Ragnarock, Bones in Star Trek, Vaako in Riddick, Black Hat in Priest, Eomer in LOTR, if it hadn't been for IMDB, I would have thought they were different actors.

That said, I liked Black Adam and can watch it more than once. My brother also watched it more than once, if it was trash he wouldn't.
I wholeheartedly agreed with everything written here until you mentioned watching Black Adam more than once.

I couldn't even finish that shit. Had I been watching it in the cinema, I woulda walked out. It wasn't even really the acting or plot, the setting was hideous to the point of exhausting my eyes. One of the ugliest films I've seen in a long time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

This is an insanely valid and interesting point that we may have to discuss more

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I wholeheartedly agreed with everything written here until you mentioned watching Black Adam more than once.

I couldn't even finish that shit. Had I been watching it in the cinema, I woulda walked out. It wasn't even really the acting or plot, the setting was hideous to the point of exhausting my eyes. One of the ugliest films I've seen in a long time.

Now bro... isn't this a slight exaggeration?

When is the last time you paid fur a movie ticket and actually got up and walked out the theatre because the movie was THAT bad?

Black Adam is no where near the worst movie of all time.

If just ain't good and a major disappointment.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Ok you can... but have you actually watched it again in its entirety more than once?

All due respect to your brother.

This stuff is all subjective so I myself watch things most would consider horrible sh*t all the time.

Funny because I tried to tell @Piff Henderson 5 things that were great about Black Adam... and it was not easy. Can you do it?

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Ok you can... but have you actually watched it again in its entirety more than once?

All due respect to your brother.

This stuff is all subjective so I myself watch things most would consider horrible sh*t all the time.

Funny because I tried to tell @Piff Henderson 5 things that were great about Black Adam... and it was not easy. Can you do it?

I automatically like anything with Pierce in it. I have a long time crush since his Remington Steele days.

It was nice to have a film not dominated by whyteppl.

It was nice to have a film that was centered some place other than the US.

The Rock kicking ass was nice. I would have liked to have seen him more savage.

The action scenes were great, one of the reasons I can watch it again.

I generally find the Rock more corny than sexy, but he filled that suit out very nicely. He has a superhero build.

There. Six things.

I wasn't familiar with any of the characters, so there wasn't enough background on them, IMO. I would have liked to have more build up around the mystical aspects of his tomb and local lore. It was sufficient, but I didn't feel satisfied enough to be vested in it.

I've only intentionally watched it twice, but if I'm scrolling channels and its on, I'll stop and watch it.

I know y'all said Arnold can't act, but he chose roles that suited his personality.

Conan. The Terminator. Red Sonja. Commando. Predator. The Running Man. Red Heat. Twins. Total Recall. Kindergarten Cop. Last Action Hero. True Lies. Eraser. Jingle All the Way. The 6th Day. The Expendables. I've watched these multiple times and would still watch them. The only role he had I hated was Mr Freeze in Batman.

I can see other actors in these roles but, except for one or two, not the Rock. It's like he can't let go of the Rock to become another character. Tho that might be my projection or the fact he is so well known as The Rock. When I think of him I think The Rock, not Dwayne Johnson.

That said, I have a question for those who hated this movie so much. If you HAD to watch one of two movies 20 hours per day for one week, no loopholes or tuning out with other media, would it be Black Adam or Blade 3?

*evil laugh*

:flyingkiss:

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

Don't forget dredd he also played judge dredd. That movie is underrated.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Now bro... isn't this a slight exaggeration?

When is the last time you paid fur a movie ticket and actually got up and walked out the theatre because the movie was THAT bad?

Black Adam is no where near the worst movie of all time.

If just ain't good and a major disappointment.
I've never walked out on a movie in all honesty. But that has more to do with the fact that when I pay to see a film in the cinema, I usually choose pretty wisely.

Honestly, I would not have seen Black Adam in the movies. The only Dwayne Johnson film I've seen in the cinema so far is The Mummy 2. His films are Red Box tier.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
I automatically like anything with Pierce in it. I have a long time crush since his Remington Steele days.

I generally find the Rock more corny than sexy, but he filled that suit out very nicely. He has a superhero build.

There. Six things.

I wasn't familiar with any of the characters, so there wasn't enough background on them, IMO. I would have liked to have more build up around the mystical aspects of his tomb and local lore. It was sufficient, but I didn't feel satisfied enough to be vested in it.

I've only intentionally watched it twice, but if I'm scrolling channels and its on, I'll stop and watch it.

I know y'all said Arnold can't act, but he chose roles that suited his personality.

Conan. The Terminator. Red Sonja. Commando. Predator. The Running Man. Red Heat. Twins. Total Recall. Kindergarten Cop. Last Action Hero. True Lies. Eraser. Jingle All the Way. The 6th Day. The Expendables. I've watched these multiple times and would still watch them. The only role he had I hated was Mr Freeze in Batman.

I can see other actors in these roles but, except for one or two, not the Rock. It's like he can't let go of the Rock to become another character. Tho that might be my projection or the fact he is so well known as The Rock. When I think of him I think The Rock, not Dwayne Johnson.

That said, I have a question for those who hated this movie so much. If you HAD to watch one of two movies 20 hours per day for one week, no loopholes or tuning out with other media, would it be Black Adam or Blade 3?

*evil laugh*

You know what's funny? As big as a Blade fan as I am, I still haven't watched Blade 3. I hated the second one so much, I had no interest in watching the third.

If it's between Black Adam and Blade 2, I'd have to begrudgingly choose Black Adam. Blade 2 was such a disappointment.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I've never walked out on a movie in all honesty. But that has more to do with the fact that when I pay to see a film in the cinema, I usually choose pretty wisely.

Honestly, I would not have seen Black Adam in the movies. The only Dwayne Johnson film I've seen in the cinema so far is The Mummy 2. His films are Red Box tier.

Gawd damn it man

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
You know what's funny? As big as a Blade fan as I am, I still haven't watched Blade 3. I hated the second one so much, I had no interest in watching the third.

If it's between Black Adam and Blade 2, I'd have to begrudgingly choose Black Adam. Blade 2 was such a disappointment.

OMG, BGOL HATESSSSSSSS Blade III. I like it, but it actually triggers folk around here.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

See? I actually really liked Blade 2.

Not MORE than the original film but I really enjoyed that flick. Especially the new vamps notice just how many writers have stolen that concept and monster design?

And a lot of those effects were very very new. I would love a real EFX artist to go back back and refo the really big scenes with MODERN effects.

I think if you did that and honestly JUST THAT? and released you would have a serious hit.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
See? I actually really liked Blade 2.

Not MORE than the original film but I really enjoyed that flick. Especially the new vamps notice just how many writers have stolen that concept and monster design?

And a lot of those effects were very very new. I would love a real EFX artist to go back back and refo the really big scenes with MODERN effects.

I think if you did that and honestly JUST THAT? and released you would have a serious hit.
All flash and no substance. Every character, even the minor ones, in the first film were interesting. That wasn't the case with the second, so forgettable.

I think they should've had him fighting an international ring of vampires but hold that new vampire concept. Maybe introduce another powerful big bad who had new powers but not new mooks.

I don't know. I just wasn't feeling it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All flash and no substance. Every character, even the minor ones, in the first film were interesting. That wasn't the case with the second, so forgettable.

I think they should've had him fighting an international ring of vampires but hold that new vampire concept. Maybe introduce another powerful big bad who had new powers but not new mooks.

I don't know. I just wasn't feeling it.

I get it

My point is everything ain't for everyone

And try my best not to watch every bit of media looking at how it could be improved upon

Considering my last ass couldn't even make the smallest first step to complete an immense project like that.

No one goes out to make a bad movie.

Buy it happens and yeah there MANY universally agreed upon bad movies.

But there fun bad movies and frustrating bad movies.

I stand by my belief that the Rock hyping this movie for nearly a DECADE

Could not give the public THIS.

cause we seen what Cameron, Spielberg etc

Forget that Coogler even after a soul crushing tragedy and complete rewrite could do under time constraints and a pandemic.

The Rock had unfortunately no space for half measures with this and the complete separation from even the middling "success" of Shazam?

He was truly a man alone on an island

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member

you might be the only person i heard to say they didnt like blade 2, Blade 3 still havent happened lol.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member

There. Six things.

*evil laugh*

Black adam by a mile over Blade 3 lol.