Are Black Voters Leaving Democrats Behind?

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
lol
Those are still some of the best schools in the world. Rich Chinese parents send their kids to NYU, and Aunt Becky went to jail trying to get her retarded daughter into USC.

This doesnt change the fact that Biden got our schools, which arent the best in the world, 7 billion they didnt have before. Thats a win in my eyes, and I didnt even attend an HBCU.
lol niggas still excited for scraps of pig feet and chitlings and ready to serve master. slave mentality is hard to shake

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol

lol niggas still excited for scraps of pig feet and chitlings and ready to serve master. slave mentality is hard to shake
So you too good for funding for our schools today, but niggas can sit around with a straight face and act like the government is going to pay you for work ancestors did?

Unserious mentality. Generation X folks are going to have to go the way of the dodo for people to get serious in the community again.

HBCUs produce the black professional class en masse. Pretending like funding these places is nothing, or scraps, is absurd.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you too good for funding for our schools today, but niggas can sit around with a straight face and act like the government is going to pay you for work ancestors did?

Unserious mentality. Generation X folks are going to have to go the way of the dodo for people to get serious in the community again.

HBCUs produce the black professional class en masse. Pretending like funding these places is nothing, or scraps, is absurd.
You mean HBCUs produce the next black bourgeois that serve whitey

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
If you attend morehouse you know how important it is for these schools to get anything though.

The better question is what have you, what have your people, what have your children got out of over a decade of inactivity? Are you better off now than you were when you stopped voting? Are your parents? Are your kids?

The minute you check out then you are pretty much giving up.
1) There's no "If you attend." I attend. Although it is important to get monies into the school, you still have to understand that we're dividing chump change between us. How much did they give Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan a couple of weeks ago? They could have given HBCUs that kind of money at least once. Are we supposed to be happy with the chewing gum from the bottom of a MoFos shoe? I'm not.

2) I don't think we're better of now. Personally, my 401K has been hurting under Biden. I can't speak for anyone else's.

3) Stopped voting? I've always voted Democrat. But this November... NO! I'm sitting "this one out", and I'll roll with the punches. It's not that we're giving up. It's that we're tired of the same o'le bullshit.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor

As far as I'm concerned, Gen X is the only generation right now that can see clearly. And if you think HBCUs are going to produce the next profession class en masse, you need to think again. The HBCUs have a huge legacy thing going on that's full of shit.

I'm from the hood, and I don't think like most of those cats at all. Their Mom and Dad went here, so their kids go there, and a lot of their kids don't know shit... they regurgitate versus think. They try to look down on people like me because I'm a first generation scholar. But when they find out that I rock the 4.0 while wearing "Dickies and Chuck Taylors;" they think that I'm an anomaly. I'm not an anomaly, I'm just hungry.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1) There's no "If you attend." I attend. Although it is important to get monies into the school, you still have to understand that we're dividing chump change between us. How much did they give Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan a couple of weeks ago? They could have given HBCUs that kind of money at least once. Are we supposed to be happy with the chewing gum from the bottom of a MoFos shoe? I'm not.

2) I don't think we're better of now. Personally, my 401K has been hurting under Biden. I can't speak for anyone else's.

3) Stopped voting? I've always voted Democrat. But this November... NO! I'm sitting "this one out", and I'll roll with the punches. It's not that we're giving up. It's that we're tired of the same o'le bullshit.
1. I agree I dont want any more money going to Israel. Ukraine and Taiwan are foreign interests though.

2. I have an aggressive 2055 index fund and Im up 7% on this year and 20% over the last 18 months. Maybe your 401k is hurting because, by nature, your investments are more conservative as you get older?

3. You can "Roll with the punches" because you are able to, work I assume and attend school on top of it. Give your kids a chance at that, and make sure we keep someone in office who will kick some money to black institutions. :cool:

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

bruh, every president funds hbcus. Trump even signed a bill to support them and provide support . they both don't give a shit really.

and show me the study where they produce en masse. that's mad cap.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
1. I agree I dont want any more money going to Israel. Ukraine and Taiwan are foreign interests though.

2. I have an aggressive 2055 index fund and Im up 7% on this year and 20% over the last 18 months. Maybe your 401k is hurting because, by nature, your investments are more conservative as you get older?

3. You can "Roll with the punches" because you are able to, work I assume and attend school on top of it. Give your kids a chance at that, and make sure we keep someone in office who will kick some money to black institutions. :cool:
You have an aggressive index fund... I believe the "Spiders" are close to 10% on average, but if you're cool with your 7%, that's cool with me. Over all, I think most can agree that the financials were way better under tRump. I don't care for tRump at all... but my financial returns were better.

It's obvious that the Government is not the institution that will make a meaningful change as far as giving money to HBCUs. The monies that we need has to come from Black Business communities, and Black people period. The government is going to continue to give and offer us crumbs, because we continue to let them off the hook by eating them up. I don't want the crumbs from your table when you used my money and labor to put the food on the table in the first place.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Nothing shows just how coonish the don't vote crowd in here is like them saying negative shit about HBCUs.

I keep telling yall these are sellout republican and they keep proving me right.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Fair enough.

Its more than others have given the schools that produce the most black professionals in this country....

You named 4 of the biggest schools in the nation, and world. Of course their endowment dwarfs our institutions. They have the benefit of having a wide net, while HBCUs mostly have to recruit from a small segment of an unserious population.

An “unserious population”? :hmm::smh:

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And here I thought the most unserious generation was the Boomer generation who was given everything didn't carry on the fight that previous generations did as far as advancing Black people and have basically become the lapdog of the democrat party.

And Supersav is correct as far as HBCU's creating the next Black bourgeois that serve whitey. I went to school with a lot of them.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
And here I thought the most unserious generation was the Boomer generation who was given everything didn't carry on the fight that previous generations did as far as advancing Black people and have basically become the lapdog of the democrat party.

And Supersav is correct as far as HBCU's creating the next Black bourgeois that serve whitey. I went to school with a lot of them.

"And here I thought the most unserious generation was the Boomer generation who was given everything didn't carry on the fight that previous generations did as far as advancing Black people and have basically become the lapdog of the democrat party."

So basically most of BGOL!

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Translate for us. What is she correct about and what is she trying to say? Because we don't need to guess, we can actually hear her words.
We need more black kids in tech.

And we know why it isn't a reality. She's at least talking about it. Most white people do not want black kids in tech so of course they attack what she said and try to turn it into something else. It works in their favor.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A few boomer kids actually marched for civil rights. All of Generation X spent their life trying to relive house party.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We need more black kids in tech.

And we know why it isn't a reality. She's at least talking about it. Most white people do not want black kids in tech so of course they attack what she said and try to turn it into something else. It works in their favor.
We don't have to turn anything into anything else. She thinks in 2024 Black kids don't even know what the WORD computer is. Biden basically said the same thing previously. Democrats think Black people are dumb. They may be right, we keep voting for them regardless of how many times they spit in our face. Just act like a republican said that so you can get the proper energy.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
"And here I thought the most unserious generation was the Boomer generation who was given everything didn't carry on the fight that previous generations did as far as advancing Black people and have basically become the lapdog of the democrat party."

So basically most of BGOL!
Yeah i have to remind myself when the boomers have this unfounded fear of "Russia" and "communist China".
Buncha Old Bay of Pigs ass negroes here lol.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
We don't have to turn anything into anything else. She thinks in 2024 Black kids don't even know what the WORD computer is. Biden basically said the same thing previously. Democrats think Black people are dumb. They may be right, we keep voting for them regardless of how many times they spit in our face. Just act like a republican said that so you can get the proper energy.
Like I said, I don't expect a simpleton to understand.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dr. King was a morehouse man.
Great for him
Nothing shows just how coonish the don't vote crowd in here is like them saying negative shit about HBCUs.

I keep telling yall these are sellout republican and they keep proving me right.
Yes because hbcus are great because they are black... similar to Obama right? Am I following your basic line of reasoning?

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Like I said, I don't expect a simpleton to understand.

I just had this discussion elsewhere. She was advocating on behalf of black kids to get the resources they need.

They don't have access to computers or know how to use them or code at the rate of other kids. The majority of internet access was from cell phones.

This is from 2021, but when this first came to my attention a few years before then, the numbers for Black and Hispanic were lower.

Was what she said a poor use of words? Yes. But she already apologized. We need to stop beating up allies who are working on our behalf because of petty stuff like poor phrasing.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just had this discussion elsewhere. She was advocating on behalf of black kids to get the resources they need.

They don't have access to computers or know how to use them or code at the rate of other kids.

This is from 2021, but when this first came to my attention a few years before then, the numbers for Black and Hispanic were lower.

Was what she said a poor use of words? Yes. But she already apologized. We need to stop beating up allies who are working on our behalf because of petty stuff like poor phrasing.

They don't have access to computers or know how to use them or code at the rate of other kids.

Kathy hochul is an ally?

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In this case of trying to get resources - yes. I have heard she has engaged in some nonsense and is not well liked, but I haven't followed her closely.
I live in NY..she isn't an ally..but none of them are in reality but like I stated earlier nuance isn't allowed on bgol

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster

They don't have access to computers or know how to use them or code at the rate of other kids. The majority of internet access was from cell phones.

Sis, I been a loyal D1 member for like 6 months. I been trying to "hold the line" and "see the bigger picture".. it's been a hard task.

We shouldn't Excuse this. She said what she meant. Both sides (yeah I know...) think we are dumb ass children.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I live in NY..she isn't an ally..but none of them are in reality but like I stated earlier nuance isn't allowed on bgol

You're arguing for nuance at the same time you're resisting she can be problematic in some respects and an ally in what she was attempting to in this case.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Sis, I been a loyal D1 member for like 6 months. I been trying to "hold the line" and "see the bigger picture".. it's been a hard task.

We shouldn't Excuse this. She said what she meant. Both sides (yeah I know...) think we are dumb ass children.

What do you want her to do other than apologize?

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're arguing for nuance at the same time you're resisting she can be problematic in some respects and an ally in what she was attempting to in this case.
I'm not resisting..my premise is that none of these politicians are allies. they are self serving at their core.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A few boomer kids actually marched for civil rights. All of Generation X spent their life trying to relive house party.
Well as a member of Generation X and a graduate of an HBCU. Most of generation X were too busy trying to create a life out of mud from the mess left behind by the Boomer generation. I think the Generation X is leading the charge in asking where is the reparations owed to our people and asking the question to the Democrats "What have you done for me lately?" While the Boomers are asking how much more support can we give to Israel, Ukraine and illegal immigrants while we starve the Black community. I thought it was the Silent generation who marched for Civil Rights. I see people in Generation X asking questions like we been voting for Democrats for 60 years and we haven't seen not one change in our circumstance.