Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Apr 13, 2024
As many of you know I hold most of my money in just one global stock index fund but this is not the only way to invest. There are many other alternative investments that have a good track record and in this video, I will show you what they are. I will also look at how we should gauge these investments, how they perform and which ones are most worthy of our consideration.

Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
00:27 What Makes A Good Strategy?
01:53 Harvesting Risk Premium
05:06 Factor Investing
11:38 Alpha is Just Undiscovered Beta
14:45 Alternative Investments
15:51 Hedge Funds
16:20 Real Estate
17:12 Commodities
18:12 Return Stacking
19:51 Your Own Business

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Dude mentions Buffet's holding in Liberty Media as a possible merger arbitrage play. Might interest some of the traders here...

Apr 14, 2024
Warren Buffett has just added a secret stock to his portfolio. The CEO of Berkshire Hathaway (and all round legendary value investor) has decided to add a very notable name to the list, and it turns out, it's actually his 10th largest position...

★ ★ CONTENTS ★ ★
0:00 Warren Buffett's Secret Stock
0:48 The Big Announcement
1:50 Liberty Media Explained
5:10 Buffett's Genius Plan
7:22 Buffett's Form 4 Filings
11:00 Was it Buffett?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
keep an eye on oil and gas markets as well.........
..I really wish I would've stayed in XOM longer. I took profits when it was near $80, but collecting those dividends and having it appreciate even more over that time would've been something else.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
The Cybertruck just hasn't been a boon for Tesla -- yet.

Over the weekend, Tesla informed some soon-to-be Cybertruck owners about delivery delays because of production issues. Revelations about the delays have appeared in online forums and on Elon Musk's social media platform X.

Tesla didn't immediately respond to a request for comment about production.

It's the latest setback for the truck which took a long time to develop, is difficult to build, and is expensive.

Things just haven't gone as smoothly for Tesla's newest product as Tesla investors would have liked. After racking up hundreds of thousands of preorders in the months following a 2019 unveiling, Tesla only started delivering the truck in late 2023. What's more, the first versions delivered were the $100,000-plus Cyberbeast versions with three motors putting out more than 800 horsepower. Cool, but priced beyond the reach of most truck buyers.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
O well! Shit happens...they fooled many during that plandamic..welp we ain't in that shit no more n no one wants to buy that shit..ask hertz and all the other electric car companies that manufacture electric car/trucks! More to come im sure..
Cars are too expensive and no one wants to go sit in the rear parking lot of a shady walmart to charge their car for 30 minutes.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Q1 earnings buy list: Morgan Stanley picks Nvidia, Amazon and these 10 stocks​

Morgan Stanley analysts said Wednesday they believe that the market is poised for a potential bottoming out of earnings in the first quarter, followed by a sequential recovery in the second quarter, and an expansion in the second half of the year.

In this context, the Wall Street giant highlighted 14 stocks that are expected to show significant movements based on first-quarter earnings — with 12 anticipated to move positively and 2 negatively.

The 12 stocks that analysts are bullish on include Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA) and Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN), alongside AbbVie Inc (NYSE: ABBV), Corning (NYSE: GLW), Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE: CFR), and Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN).

Moreover, the analysts highlighted Lazard (NYSE: LAZ), Lifestance Health Group Inc (NASDAQ: LFST), Paccar (NASDAQ: PCAR), S&P Global Inc (NYSE: SPGI), SBA Communications (NASDAQ: SBAC), and Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ: STX).

On the other hand, the two names that are expected to see a negative reaction after Q1 earnings are Highwoods Properties (NYSE: HIW) and Logitech (NASDAQ: LOGI).

Consensus forecasts predict a first-quarter earnings per share (EPS) increase of 2.7% year-over-year for the S&P 500, with sales expected to grow by 3.0%.

However, Q1 earnings estimates have decreased by 2.5% in the past three months. In the weeks leading into this earnings season, the Energy, Materials, and Financial sectors saw positive revisions, while Discretionary, Tech, and Communications experienced declines.

“Looking farther ahead, we believe earnings growth is set for a healthier runway through 2024,” Morgan Stanley analysts noted.

“While earnings estimates for the S&P 500 for 2024 and 2025 have barely moved over the past 6 months, we believe that investor confidence in the achievability of those estimates has increased,” they added.

The market view is backed by Morgan Stanley’s earnings model, which projects 10-15% growth on a forward 12-month basis.