Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Tesla delivered far fewer vehicles than expected in the first quarter

Tesla Inc. shares are tumbling 7% in premarket trading Tuesday after the company posted delivery figures that fell well short of Wall Street expectations.

The company delivered 386,783 vehicles in total during the first quarter, it said in a morning release. The FactSet consensus called for 457,000 deliveries in the first quarter, and Tesla (TSLA) had delivered 485,000 vehicles in the fourth quarter.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Intel (INTC) officials said Tuesday that the company's chip foundry business suffered an operating loss in 2023 of $7 billion on sales of $18.9 billion, compared with a $5.2 billion loss on $27.5 billion in sales a year prior, media outlets reported. Shares of the company were down 6.5%.

MYSTIC

Rising Star
Registered
Intel (INTC) officials said Tuesday that the company's chip foundry business suffered an operating loss in 2023 of $7 billion on sales of $18.9 billion, compared with a $5.2 billion loss on $27.5 billion in sales a year prior, media outlets reported. Shares of the company were down 6.5%.
Time to buy or no?

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
I'll defer to @Aww Skeet Skeet! I'm not a fan of INTC's CEO.

INTC needs a shot in the arm. And their 18A manufacturing process needs to be on point. If this is mediocre, could get ugly.

AI: Their AI gpu, falcon shores, is scheduled for 2025 launch. They still have other accelerators, but 2025 is a ways before AI revenue can really try to take off.

Retail/Client: they still make billions here.

Datacenter: competition eroding revenue and margins.

Fabs (making chips for other companies): see that article above. $7B operating loss.

I think that if you invest, you gotta have patience. However there may be better semi plays in the shorter to 1.5 to 2 year term.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
So that explains it, and yesterday the market was up because what Powel said. :lol:
image.png

HellBoy

Platinum Member
It seems Israel is also starting shit in the middle east. I wish we could cut all funding and let them know their place but that's not happening.
They'll continue being assholes as long as the US is supporting them.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Apple lays off hundreds of Bay Area workers in first mass cuts since the pandemic

Story by Roland Li

• 4h • 2 min read

IN THIS ARTICLE

AAPL▼‎-0.49%‎

Apple is laying off 614 employees in Santa Clara as part of its first mass job cuts in years, according to a state filing.

An attorney for the tech giant wrote that the layoffs are effective on May 27, in a letter last week to the California Employment Development Department.

The move, which spans eight offices in Santa Clara, follows reports that the company canceled a decadelong electric car project. The filing did not mention the project, but affected roles include “machine shop” managers, hardware engineers and product design engineers

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Apr 6, 2024

According to Jenermy Grantham and other stock market commentators, the US stock market is in a bubble. But is this true and should investors be worried? In this video, I look at valuations, and consider why this matters. I also discuss whether we should reduce our US allocation, show you how you can do this and finally consider what might make the bubble pop.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

1) They always give you 50% of the picture.
They never tell you how many jobs were lost when bragging about how many jobs were created.

2) Most are unaware that the unemployment rate doesn't include those who's have exhausted their unemployment payments. Once that runs out and you are still unemployed,........you are no longer included in the unemployment jobs report. So actually its a lot higher than they make it out to be.

The complete numbers for March:

U.S.-based employers cut 90,309 jobs in March, the highest of any month since 102,943 jobs were lost in January 2023. Of those, more than a third were cut from federal government positions, the report said, with 36,044 jobs lost in the sector including 24,000 in the U.S. Army and 10,000 in the Veterans Affairs department.

So that tweet about........ SUMMARY OF U.S. MARCH JOBS REPORT: 1) The economy added a whopping 303,000 jobs in March, blowing past expectations of 212,000.

Now if u do the math............take that 303,000 jobs (so called) added in March..............subtract the 90,309 jobs lost in March......
....and leaves you right back at the expectation of 212,000 (212,691) jobs. They didnt blow past shit. Stop the lies.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I’ll watch later, but stocks might be over valued?

Yea... The main theme isn't anything new, but dude gives pretty level-headed takes on the macro + tips re: portfolio construction.

(ie. staying the course, global index investing, not doing anything hasty in either direction -- depending on what investing phase you're in atm)

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What do you think he should do, keep rates as is or cut?
It depends. If the government should feel inclined to do something about price gouging, you can take one path. If they twiddle their fingers in their tight cunts, they can take another path. I work under the assumption that the government is in the business of protecting its citizens. Therein lay a problem.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea... The main theme isn't anything new, but dude gives pretty level-headed takes on the macro + tips re: portfolio construction.

(ie. staying the course, global index investing, not doing anything hasty in either direction -- depending on what investing phase you're in atm)
The video was very helpful bro.

Thanks

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Good run down here. He mainly discusses the pros and cons of each based on offerings, customer service, technology, user-friendliness, etc.

Today, we'll look at three of the largest investing platforms, Fidelity, Vanguard, and Schwab. I'll share 7 things based on using these platforms for 20+ years.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Apr 7, 2024

Howard Marks is back in the news giving his updated thoughts on the U.S. economy, the Government debt crisis, and the Sea Change that's taking place right now. Can the U.S. fix it's economic woes before it's too late?

★ ★ CONTENTS ★ ★
0:00 Howard Marks' Sea Change is Here
1:00 Why the Economy is Suffering Now
2:20 Interest Rates Aren't High Now.
3:50 Inflation is Not Under Control
4:40 Marks Explains the Government's Predicament
8:37 Governments Can't Keep us Aloft.
10:20 The Debt Problem
11:30 What is Howard Marks Investing In Now?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Good run down here. He mainly discusses the pros and cons of each based on offerings, customer service, technology, user-friendliness, etc.

Fidelity has the best easy to use website, but Schwab wins because of Think or Swim and they are the only one that offer futures. Schwab also has their own low expense fund comparable to Vanguards.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Fidelity has the best easy to use website, but Schwab wins because of Think or Swim and they are the only one that offer futures. Schwab also has their own low expense fund comparable to Vanguards.

Word. I know he's speaking strictly from a long term investing standpoint and not considering functionality for day trading. I personally do very little DT these days, and prefer to keep those accounts separate:

- M1 for my taxable brokerage and Roth IRA
- ETrade for trading, charting, and market research
- Also, my workplace 401K is with Schwab, I always forget this since I don't really check it that much

If M1 ever imploded, I think I'd switch my shit over to Fidelity since I've heard good things over time from friends and some of the creators I follow.