Any Hawaii Suggestions???

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
If you have an Amex Platinum that means you are a Hilton gold member. Check out these deals
hilton gold member benefits

Plus you get 15k points.

IMO Maui is the best deal

You are always right on time. I’m trying to plan something for April and want to try Hawaii and good thing for me I’m a Diamond member. I think the flights are crazy in price right now, but every year I try to do exactly what I want for my birthday.

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm heading out to Hawaii on Thursday, my first time out there. Anybody been out there post covid? What's the scene like socially, nightlife, etc.?
From my understanding Maui is the only area requiring being fully vaccinated (with booster). I have friends stationed out there and the nightlife is returning alone with cruise ships.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I'm heading out to Hawaii on Thursday, my first time out there. Anybody been out there post covid? What's the scene like socially, nightlife, etc.?

I’ve been there many times. Have a few friends there I’ll see what I can find. Ironically I’m headed back in April-May

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Those that have been to Hawaii, how far in advance did you book?

I'm looking at December 2022 travel, should I book now March/April (Hotel, Flight, Rental) or wait till June when it's 6 month in advance?

200w.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Those that have been to Hawaii, how far in advance did you book?

I'm looking at December 2022 travel, should I book now March/April (Hotel, Flight, Rental) or wait till June when it's 6 month in advance?

I'd say 6 months in advance is plenty. That said, keep a casual eye on the prices during March & April, and if things appear to be climbing then book even sooner.

Talked to a friend of mine the other day, and her and her husband booked a cruise for October. She wasn't sure if she had booked too soon.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Heading to Hawaii real soon and wanted to know of any places or things to do specifically.....especially non-tourist trap places.

Went there in may for the first time. It was nice, if you stay in Waikiki, you don't need a car if you are only going around there, everything is within walking distance, but you'll want a car, if you are going to sightsee around the island. I hit the beach, pearl harbor, a luau, etc

The most consistent comment I hear from people is how expensive it is. Can you give me an example of what I'm going to have sticker shock over?

- Hanauma Bay (crystal clear water, tons of fish, bring your snorkel gear)
- Diamond Head (the view is worth the climb to the top)
- Dole Plantation (best pineapple ever)
- Waimea Beach (great beach on the North Shore)

loads of stuff to do, depends on how long you will be there :yes:
don't forget the Macadamia Nuts.
almost everything is over priced.

Yall dudes is on.....I just touched down and about to.hit the streets. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm doing quite a few of them...

Doesn't seem like much interest in this thread. But if anyone does want to know some things about the island of Oahu, I'd be glad to drop what I learned.

By the way, Hawaii is fucking awesome!!! Get your chips and do it!

:dance:

It's been a minute since this thread has been updated.

I've scratched plans to visit Cabo later this year and decided on Hawaii.

If you got any updates, please share your Hawaiian experience. I plan to hang out on the main Island since this will be my first time there.

If you have an Amex Platinum that means you are a Hilton gold member. Check out these deals
hilton gold member benefits

Plus you get 15k points.

IMO Maui is the best deal

I’ve been there many times. Have a few friends there I’ll see what I can find. Ironically I’m headed back in April-May
Ok I'm finally going in May, airlne tickets purchased. I think I found the Hotel. We will be staying in Maui and I know we are doing Pearl Harbor and renting a car.

Some of the things suggested I'm going to try to visit, but anything new you all suggest?

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ok I'm finally going in May, airlne tickets purchased. I think I found the Hotel. We will be staying in Maui and I know we are doing Pearl Harbor and renting a car.

Some of the things suggested I'm going to try to visit, but anything new you all suggest?
Just a heads up, Pearl Harbor is not in Maui, it's on the main Island O'ahu.