Any Hawaii Suggestions???

TaylrMayd

Support BGOL
Registered
Heading to Hawaii real soon and wanted to know of any places or things to do specifically.....especially non-tourist trap places.

heineken

Star
Registered
just went yr before last and was stationed there for 5 yrs...

wakiki is the main attraction...good night life but be careful...they really dont main landers...LuLu's in wakiki was the bomb to eat at...gonna be a shitload of abc stores...when i was stationed there we use to drive the whole island...so a rent a car is a must!!
definatly visit pearl harbor...there several other tourest spots to visit can't think of anythingf off top...
shit ain't cheap...so have ur money ready..lol
heres a couple pics..

heres lulu's
25213_116653118358320_100000408972658_194303_617287_n.jpg

veiw from lulu's
28595_116796885010610_100000408972658_194891_2556096_n.jpg

29675_116804425009856_100000408972658_194906_876940_n.jpg

26474_116281988395433_100000408972658_192782_4909887_n.jpg

24163_116296345060664_100000408972658_192819_209222_n.jpg

24973_116568625033436_100000408972658_193961_4742151_n.jpg

part of the arizonia ...
24163_116359205054378_100000408972658_193062_1642023_n.jpg

24973_116589331698032_100000408972658_194028_2092327_n.jpg

Traveler

Rising Star
Registered
Rent a car. The first time I went I didn't and was stuck doing the tour bus thing. If you wanna do non tourist things you will need a whip to find the spots off the beaten path. I'm an explore on my own type of traveler so a car is necessary for me.

Hit up one of those spots that sell shaved ice. Those joints are good. I can't remember all the clubs there but there was a spot called Zanzibar that was jumping. A lot of locals and military cats hung out there.

Pulling females was easy but you might get the ice grill from some of the locals. Pay them no mind. Never went during the holidays but I imagine it will be off the chain. Enjoy :dance:

doublejizzle

Star
Registered
Went there in may for the first time. It was nice, if you stay in Waikiki, you don't need a car if you are only going around there, everything is within walking distance, but you'll want a car, if you are going to sightsee around the island. I hit the beach, pearl harbor, a luau, etc

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The most consistent comment I hear from people is how expensive it is. Can you give me an example of what I'm going to have sticker shock over?

winjunk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
- Hanauma Bay (crystal clear water, tons of fish, bring your snorkel gear)
- Diamond Head (the view is worth the climb to the top)
- Dole Plantation (best pineapple ever)
- Waimea Beach (great beach on the North Shore)

loads of stuff to do, depends on how long you will be there :yes:
don't forget the Macadamia Nuts.
almost everything is over priced.

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit I'm pressed to do:

1. See some whales. I think we're going on an outing that includes dinner. Always been on my bucket list to see one of those majestic fuckers in it's own element.
  2. Tour the volcanoes via helicopter. I've always wanted to ride in a helicopter. I was disappointed that I didn't get to ride one when I got shot. This would be much more enjoyable than that time anyway. :yes:
  3. Attend a shonuff Luau. I don't eat pork, but I may cheat maybe once a year during family gatherings (bbq) if I'm tempted enough. So It's up in the air if I'll eat that dirty pig.
  4. I keep hearing about a Flea Market there that is a must do. I'll probably hit that up early to get the souvenirs out the way and hopefully on the cheap.
  5. My nephew is planning on getting a traditional tribal tattoo. I don't do the tattoo thing, but I have to see that shit!

winjunk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit I'm pressed to do:

1. See some whales. I think we're going on an outing that includes dinner. Always been on my bucket list to see one of those majestic fuckers in it's own element.
  2. Tour the volcanoes via helicopter. I've always wanted to ride in a helicopter. I was disappointed that I didn't get to ride one when I got shot. This would be much more enjoyable than that time anyway. :yes:
  3. Attend a shonuff Luau. I don't eat pork, but I may cheat maybe once a year during family gatherings (bbq) if I'm tempted enough. So It's up in the air if I'll eat that dirty pig.
  4. I keep hearing about a Flea Market there that is a must do. I'll probably hit that up early to get the souvenirs out the way and hopefully on the cheap.
  5. My nephew is planning on getting a traditional tribal tattoo. I don't do the tattoo thing, but I have to see that shit!

for the whales you goto Maui, try the Poi when you get to the Lual (lots of food other than the Pig).
You have to to the Hawaii (Big Island) for the Volcano.
The Flea Market (swap meet) at Aloha stadium is a great place get any and everything.

heineken

Star
Registered
yea i forgot to mention the flea market...if you gonna be like us,...grab some extra suitcases...we went with 4...came back with 9...lol
and while at the flea..and buy a samari sword set...make sure it fits in ur suitcase..
24973_116612875029011_100000408972658_194138_2626889_n.jpg

25213_116646891692276_100000408972658_194287_5785322_n-2.jpg

TaylrMayd

Support BGOL
Registered
Yall dudes is on.....I just touched down and about to.hit the streets. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm doing quite a few of them...

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for that link Marcovi.

I've been here since Friday. Doesn't really feel like I've done much, but there's so much to do I'm trying not burn myself out. Most of the people I came with went to the Aloha Tower New Years Eve Celebration. Heard it was only okay... I opted out and spent the night hanging with the wife. We strolled the main strip and were going to Lulu's to grab a bite but their kitchen closed early for New Years. Most places were closing early and I ended up grabbing a quick bite from Sams and Maries with some cookies for dessert. I called it an early night as I was still adjusting to the time difference and the grueling flight from the East Coast.
Saturday we made our way to the North Shore... Let me pause to say that Waikiki, where I'm staying, is super commercial! Next time I'll know better. But yeah, we headed to this historic area on the North Shore and had lunch at this great spot called Breakers. The waitress, Amy was the shit. She also gave us the rundown on what to do and what to skip and got us headed in the right direction. After we strolled that area for a while we were headed to Banzai Pipeline... Traffic had got thick by then and we pulled over by Turtle Beach and saw some amazing surfers and giant turtles that didn't do shit but lay there.
Did some necessity shopping at the local Walmart which had some culturally different shit than I was used to and grabbed a great burger at Teddy's Bigger Burger. Gotta run, about to get into some nightlife...

ps, Waikiki is swarming with hookers after 10! FYI

Last edited:

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Doesn't seem like much interest in this thread. But if anyone does want to know some things about the island of Oahu, I'd be glad to drop what I learned.

By the way, Hawaii is fucking awesome!!! Get your chips and do it!

:dance:

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what u think of lulu's??

I happened to go on New Years Eve. But by the time my wife and I happened upon it, they had shut the kitchen down and it was drinks only. The spot itself was kind of a dive, but in a good way. Great location with a view of Diamond Head! But I was hungry as hell and options were running out as a lot of spots were closing down for New Years Celebrations.
Unfortunately I never made it back because I discovered Teddy's Bigger Burgers right next door and was fucking hooked! I ate there about 3 times over the course of my visit. Next time I hit Oahu, and there will be a next time, I'll hit up Lulu's for certain.
Did I mention, I toured the island by helicopter? Fucking awesome!

chocfbn

Potential Star
OG Investor
I'm heading there in June but cruising the islands. Taking wife there for her birthday. Hell, I can't wait. We'll be there cruising for a week.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's been a minute since this thread has been updated.

I've scratched plans to visit Cabo later this year and decided on Hawaii.

If you got any updates, please share your Hawaiian experience. I plan to hang out on the main Island since this will be my first time there.

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If you got any updates, please share your Hawaiian experience. I plan to hang out on the main Island since t
his will be my first time there.

It's been a good minute since my visit. But if you can, plan to tour the island by helicopter. Unbelievable views! Also, if it's in the budget... Do some island hopping. If I make it back, I definitley plan to hit Maui. If you're into nature, hit Diamond Head for a hike. I didn't, but my wife and nephew loved it. If you plan to buy souviners, skip the shops and go to the flea market at the stadium. Theft is a serious issue also. DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN YOUR RENTAL CAR!!! My brother in-law found out the hard way.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

If you got any updates, please share your Hawaiian experience. I plan to hang out on the main Island since this will be my first time there.

Visited Honolulu way back in the day with the fam'. Had a good time.

And if you're ever near Waikiki ... here's a good spot ...

Diamond Head is a defining feature of the view known to residents and tourists of Waikīkī, and also a U.S. National Natural Monument. The volcanic tuff cone is a State Monument. While part of it is closed to the public and serves as a platform for antennas used by the U.S. government, the crater's proximity to Honolulu's resort hotels and beaches makes the rest of it a popular destination.

In 1968, Diamond Head was declared a National Natural Landmark. The crater, also called Diamond Head Lookout, was used as a strategic military lookout in the early 1900s.[6] Spanning over 475 acres (190 ha) (including the crater's interior and outer slopes), it served as an effective defensive lookout because it provides panoramic views of Waikīkī and the south shore of Oahu.[9]

Watch for the 03:40 mark of the video ...

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor

I was down in Cabo over the Christmas holiday. Almost got stuck in quarantine because of the Covid-19 spread. One thing I've noticed lately is that Indians are traveling and getting out with their entire family to include grandparents.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

If you have an Amex Platinum that means you are a Hilton gold member. Check out these deals
hilton gold member benefits

Plus you get 15k points.

IMO Maui is the best deal
Your vacation package includes a stay at the Grand Wailea, a Waldorf Astoria Resort. This beachfront retreat is close to outstanding dining, shopping and golf.