49ers

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
Registered
Y'all dudes are crazy, but I ain't gonna knock no ones fandom... Until Baalke is gone and York either sells this team to someone who isn't just bilking a pro sports team to fund political aspirations, the 49ers are fucked... 50 million in cap space and a week before the season you sit with potentially a 3 win team... I'm calling it here Now, Niners go 3-13

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Quarterbacks
2016 (3): Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick, Christian Ponder
Running Backs
2016 (4): Carlos Hyde, Shaun Draughn, Mike Davis, DuJuan Harris
Wide Receivers
2016 (5): Torrey Smith, Quinton Patton, Jeremy Kerley, Aaron Burbridge, Rod Streater
Tight Ends
2016 (3): Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek, Blake Bell
Offensive Line
2016 (9): Joe Staley, Zane Beadles, Daniel Kilgore, Anthony Davis, Trent Brown, Joshua Garnett, John Theus, Andrew Tiller, Marcus Martin
Defensive Line
2016 (8): Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner, Quinton Dial, Glenn Dorsey, Mike Purcell, Ronald Blair, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Taylor Hart
Outside Linebackers
2016 (3): Ahmad Brooks, Eli Harold, Tank Carradine
Inside Linebackers
2016 (5): NaVorro Bowman, Gerald Hodges, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Michael Wilhoite, Nick Bellore
Cornerbacks
2016 (6): Tramaine Brock, Jimmie Ward, Chris Davis, Rashard Robinson, Keith Reaser, Dontae Johnson
Safeties
2016 (4): Eric Reid, Antoine Bethea, Jaquiski Tartt, Marcus Cromartie
Special Teams
2016 (3): Phil Dawson, Bradley Pinion, Kyle Nelson

Suspended
2016 (1): Aaron Lynch
Practice Squad
WR Dres Anderson
OL Alex Balducci
OL Fahn Cooper
TE Je’Ron Hamm
CB Prince Charles Iworah
OL Norman Price
LB Marcus Rush
LB Shayne Skov
RB Kelvin Taylor
WR Chris Harper

*** In 4 games, after Lynch can come back, we have to clear a roster spot for him. So hopefully we can then cut Wilhoite. IMO, we have too many inside LB's right now. ***

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...1b12-653f-45a8-b6f0-898e56d5c3e6?sf35159225=1

Will Redmond out for maybe the year :smh::smh:

I mean they're kinda deep at CB but still. That pick could've been better served somewhere else. Supposedly he can return after week 6 or so, depending on other possible roster moves.

Yea I had to edit/update my final roster that I posted yesterday

1. Bruce Miller cut
2. Will Redmond on IR
3. Smelter (cut) on IR (injury settlement)
4. Dujuan Harris added
5. Some D-linemen added, from the Eagles
6. LJ McCray cut, then added, then cut again

** Redmond & Smelter were part of team ACL **

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What do you guys think about this team going into the season ???
For me, to be honest, it's hard to know how bad or good we are because we have so many unknowns

1. We really don't know how Gabbert will play for a full game
2. We really don't know how effective our WR's are going to be
3. Our D-line is already beat up (Armstead still has a bum shoulder, what's going on with Dorsey, etc
4. How will our pass rush look without Lynch for 4 games
5. Our nickel CB (Chris Davis) was hot & cold this preseason, so how will he do all game long
6. Will Chip Kelly's system tired our defense out, towards the end of the season

I have us beating the Rams on Monday night
I think we match up well with teams like the Rams & the Bills
It should be a low scoring game, and Gabbert can at least dink & dunk, for the win
Low scoring games/teams should favor us, because Gabbert & this offense isn't really built to outscore high powered teams, like the Cowboys or Panthers, etc

If we can't even beat the Rams.....with Case Kenum.....with us at home.....then it's really going to be a looooong season !!!

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I am encouraged with Trent Brown man.
HE MUST be really good Anthony Davis was saying he'd move to guard cause brown is that good
and then Von Miller said this

But some of the tackles that have given me hard times, I feel like Trent Brown has a very bright future in the National Football League. He’s 6’8, he knows how to use his arms, knows how to use his wingspan, he has length. So I feel like, he’s young, and people haven’t really seen him, but I feel like he’s one of the better tackles in the National Football League.

3:10

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In other non-49er related news:
Jared Goff to be inactive for the game vs the 49ers

Sooooo how many picks did the Rams trade away to jump up & take this dude first ???
He's not even the backup QB, he's the #3 QB on the depth chart, who will be inactive for the game !!!
OMG I hope Jeff Fisher remains the Rams coach until he dies !!!
Not saying Goff is going to be a bust yet, BUT..... :D:D:D

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
In other non-49er related news:
Jared Goff to be inactive for the game vs the 49ers

Sooooo how many picks did the Rams trade away to jump up & take this dude first ???
He's not even the backup QB, he's the #3 QB on the depth chart, who will be inactive for the game !!!
OMG I hope Jeff Fisher remains the Rams coach until he dies !!!
Not saying Goff is going to be a bust yet, BUT..... :D:D:D

I read the sb nations of our rivals and fuck all that bullshit. you don't trade everything for a dude who can't play right now period. If they just owned the pick and took him then you can sit him because you taking him for the future.
but if you make the trade they made to get it, and he has to sit..he's not going to have talent around him when he develops because...you traded all the picks just to get him.

i am pleased.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what's going on mt 49ers brothers,

I just got home from work and i see we are up 14-0!!.I see the defense is playing good!!...Let's get this win!!

LETS GO 49ERS!!!....:yes::yes:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
gabbert has to be better so hyde can do this thing. our offensive line is fucking impressive that was a beast front 7
our defensive line held gurly and we got pressure. defense travels. i like our chances if we can generate some sort of passing offense
kerley has been a godsend. he's going to be a factor all year as gabbert can only accurately pass it towards the center of the field
we're way better coached than last year
a fucking shut out
lets see what we can do

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
man im just tripping off of how good our line is.
the rams have arguably the best front 7 and best defensive line in football and they gave up 0 sacks tonight.

We chatted about this during the game. Staley and company was handling their business. They were definitely winning the one-on-one matchups.

They get the game ball along with the defense.

I love the way Jim O'Neil is letting Eric Reid fly around and pop people. :yes:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
We chatted about this during the game. Staley and company was handling their business. They were definitely winning the one-on-one matchups.

They get the game ball along with the defense.

I love the way Jim O'Neil is letting Eric Reid fly around and pop people. :yes:

Reid finally being used right and the line being turned around in 1 season is amazing.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Okay so I'm re-watching the game right now
I just finished the first 2 quarters
Here are Gabbert's bad throws

First quarter:
1) It was like 3rd & 2, Gabbert throws short to a WR for 0 yards
2) Kearly was running wide open across the middle & Gabbert missed him for a possible TD
3) 4th down, had Torry Smith in the flat, Gabbert threw it low to the ground

Second quarter:
1) Again he had Torry Smith in the flat, Gabbert threw it low to the ground
2) Gabbert almost threw a pick
3) Gabbert again almost threw another pick, ball sailed high on him

** Celek straight up dropped 2 balls, Hyde dropped 1 ball, Draughn fumbled. **

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
video to your sig :hmm:

So,what's been the reactions been like,after yesterday's game

Disrespectful imo.
Everyone assumed we'd be trash without even looking at the roster or realizing what a huge difference coaching will make.
the offensive line is beyond fucking solid. the rams have one of the best if not the best defensive lines in the nfl and they got handled. we've got pillars on the ends and i like beadles and i like the chemistry on the right side.

offensively we need kap period. once kap is starting this shit is going to open up and points will be on the board.

defensively our front line went from puny to beastly with buckner armstead dial and keep in mind we're missing lynch for 4 games.

i am not predicting glory, i think we'll be way more competitive than the writers are talking about.
i mean we just shut a fucking team out and everyone is like meh. good though, keep the chip on this team's shoulders figurative and literal

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Third quarter:
1) Gabbert threw an errant pass to Kearly, it was behind him, on 3rd down
2) Coaches went conservative with the play calling. Run, run, run. Rams crowded the line, 49ers kept going 3 & out
3) Gabbert tried to throw to Celek, ball was almost picked off again

Fourth quarter:
1) Gabbert was on point & finally got in his groove
2) Steve Young is cool with me but damn...he kept hyping up Gabbert so much it was almost making me sick

Kearly played pretty good
Patton played pretty good too
McDonald played okay
T.Smith played kinda...meh
Celek played terrible
Hyde played pretty good
Draughn was cool too...except for that fumble

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Third quarter:
1) Gabbert threw an errant pass to Kearly, it was behind him, on 3rd down
2) Coaches went conservative with the play calling. Run, run, run. Rams crowded the line, 49ers kept going 3 & out
3) Gabbert tried to throw to Celek, ball was almost picked off again

Fourth quarter:
1) Gabbert was on point & finally got in his groove
2) Steve Young is cool with me but damn...he kept hyping up Gabbert so much it was almost making me sick

Kearly played pretty good
Patton played pretty good too
McDonald played okay
T.Smith played kinda...meh
Celek played terrible
Hyde played pretty good
Draughn was cool too...except for that fumble

Agree.
Like i said from jump. If your route is to the inside Gabbert will be able to find you. If it's on the outside he's not even going to look your way and most times you can tell before the snap when he has already made up his mind to check down.

He just is who he is. We need to pass the ball vertical somewhat so Hyde can see a light box so he can run behind this massive line.
Rams stopped him when they brought 9 and 10 men in the box but couldn't when they played honest. that will be a reoccurring theme.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Agree.
Like i said from jump. If your route is to the inside Gabbert will be able to find you. If it's on the outside he's not even going to look your way and most times you can tell before the snap when he has already made up his mind to check down.

He just is who he is. We need to pass the ball vertical somewhat so Hyde can see a light box so he can run behind this massive line.
Rams stopped him when they brought 9 and 10 men in the box but couldn't when they played honest. that will be a reoccurring theme.

Yea here are the things I noticed about Gabbert.....
1) Dude needs to calm da fuck down.
Sometimes he looks likes hes still shell shocked from his days in Jacksonville.
Some plays, he looked like he was out there playing scared.
He needs to be more confident.
2) Sometimes he had bad mechanics/footwork.
He was rushing some of his throws & throwing off his back foot, on a couple passes.
He needs to settle down & trust his O-line more.
3) Accuracy, especially outside the numbers.
If he corrects my first two points, his accuracy would be a lot better.

He seemed to be getting the ball out really fast.
Also he seemed to be going through his reads/progressions well & making the right decisions.
So I'm not giving up hope yet

:cool::cool::cool:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yea here are the things I noticed about Gabbert.....
1) Dude needs to calm da fuck down.
Sometimes he looks likes hes still shell shocked from his days in Jacksonville.
Some plays, he looked like he was out there playing scared.
He needs to be more confident.
2) Sometimes he had bad mechanics/footwork.
He was rushing some of his throws & throwing off his back foot, on a couple passes.
He needs to settle down & trust his O-line more.
3) Accuracy, especially outside the numbers.
If he corrects my first two points, his accuracy would be a lot better.

He seemed to be getting the ball out really fast.
Also he seemed to be going through his reads/progressions well & making the right decisions.
So I'm not giving up hope yet

:cool::cool::cool:

Honestly I believe that has everything to do with the offense and not Gabbert. When the offense was different last year he would go 1 read and check down. This offense is designed to go to that 1st or 2nd read and it's designed to go fast.
by comparison after Kap got a week under his belt he looked beautiful in the offense as well. Getting the ball out quick as hell and never took a sack either.
The difference imo is that Kap can air the ball out at any time and from any point on the field, we've seen it. And athletically he is far more superior to gabbert. It's not close. Gabbert is not running 95 yards on a busted play.
HOWEVER
the biggest difference is Gabbert doesn't command the respect Kap does. Gabbert had running lanes because there is never a spy and no defenders ever make sure gabbert isn't running. With Kap there will be people dedicated to keeping him from doing so and in turn open up huge running lanes for hyde
also Torrey smith will be able to be used as he's intended on deep bomb threats similar to how desean jackson was on the outside with chip.

Kap is way better for this offense and when he's ready to take over will shine and if our defense plays like it did (not shutting people out) but limiting stupid penalties and making the tackle we should actually be really solid.

2 penalties the entire game. brooks would've had 4 by himself under different regime's

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Welp. Greg Roman didn't last long in Buffalo. :D

Man I wish they would have fired him AFTER we played the Bills
I was counting on that win for us against Buffalo
Cause you know hes probably using the same damn plays from the Harbaugh years
Bowman & Bethea would have been calling out the plays before the ball was even snapped :D

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In other football news:
The Rams promoted Jared Goff from third string QB, to backup QB

I guess Jeff Fisher needed to do something to save face, since Case Keenum was so bad

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Carolina coming off a loss, they had extra rest, 9ers had a short week, traveling east coast for a 1 p.m. start. Its not looking good.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
hate gabbert but he gotta be able to throw the fucking ball. i don't hate him enough to root against our team losing. tho i still think kap will overtake him
however you gotta pass the ball. got to. if you can pass hyde scores there because they aren't stacking up against the run

hell of a start for the defense. let's see if they can keep it going.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Gabbert gotta be better. another week in a row big gain to be had he just messes it up.
we need to get it back on defense. at least we're passing now.

hyde can't fumble anymore. we need hyde to go great.