49ers

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
On a side note
It doesn't really matter who our 3rd WR is
Gabbert mostly just checks down to the Tight ends and Running backs anyway
We just need any speedy slot WR, to draw the defense and open up the middle of the field

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Smelter is not good at all
Dude can't stay healthy either
He's been injured most of training camp
He's hardly practiced at all
And when he did practice, a couple months ago, he didn't run good routes
Smelter is NOT the answer...at least not this year

you're more than likely right about this year i like him long term
it sucks because this is the year bruce could be used but if you're injury prone you're just injury prone have to face the facts he can't stay healthy. he can't be a returner and slot receiver he's just not durable enough.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea I actually liked Ellington, and I thought he could be pretty good this year if healthy

But this is on the coaches !!!
Why da fuck would they put Ellington back there to be our PRIMARY punt & kick returner ???

It's about as stupid as putting Reggie Bush or Kendall Hunter back there to return
Ellington has been very injury prone
Every single year he gets banged up
What the hell did the coaches think was going to happen !!!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yea I actually liked Ellington, and I thought he could be pretty good this year if healthy

But this is on the coaches !!!
Why da fuck would they put Ellington back there to be our PRIMARY punt & kick returner ???

It's about as stupid as putting Reggie Bush or Kendall Hunter back there to return
Ellington has been very injury prone
Every single year he gets banged up
What the hell did the coaches think was going to happen !!!

At the same time the dude gotta play.
Cause you can't coddle an NFL player. All it means is that he'd tear it week 2 instead of now if you save him those snaps man

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jeremy Kerley matches him most, skill set wise. DeAndrew White also. I think of Dres Anderson as more of a deep threat, straight line guy kinda like Torey Smith.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Jeremy Kerley matches him most, skill set wise. DeAndrew White also. I think of Dres Anderson as more of a deep threat, straight line guy kinda like Torey Smith.

true Kerley does need the opportunity. white does too. they'll actually be used man ellington was perfect. shifty and speed just cannot stay healthy

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I got to see Kerley play a lot. Dude was really the #1 option for the Jets for some time. He plays well in the slot, uses his hands and for his height can go up and get the ball. I'm excited to see what he can do in this offense.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In a couple of hours, all eyes on Kap
If this was televised, it would probably be, the most watched preseason game in the history of the NFL

:cool::cool::cool:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
thats-none-of-my-business-16.gif

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I fell asleep midway into the 2nd quarter
From what I saw Kap looked much sharper this game
Last week he didn't play well at all, looked very rusty
I noticed Eric Reid kneeling during the anthem too
I'll have to try & watch the game highlights and interviews

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What's going on Curt,

I got home and watch the replay of our last preseason game last night...I think Kaep look alright in this offense!!..he made some bad throws but i think if he get more time in the offense and get lil healthy ...he will do fine!!...:yes::yes:

Aslo, i think what chip kelly seen so far, he might go with Kaep!!..Blaine did good and i see that the running game going to be the thing in this offense(Im glad about that.:D:D)..But, i think chip can do more with Kaep in this offense than Blaine!!

We will see!!

LETS GO 49ERS!!...

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

1 week of action. looked like leaps and bounds what a difference reps will make
and the offense will actually fly off the shelf with actual skill players like carlos hyde and torrey smith

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I watched the replay this morning. The Chargers broadcast was horrible. All of them were uninformed CAC's. It was brutal. In this day of technology the NFL should really let you choose which broadcast you want to see online. Anyway, onto football....

I'm glad Kip played the entire 1st half. He needed the work. I thought he looked very sharp. He only had a few bad throws. But he got the ball out quick and seemed to not hold back. He let if fly.

He's clearly not 100%, however he's clearly (as Chip said) one of the top 2 QB's on the team. No way they cut him.

I wished Kerley played more. But you see what he can do. Dude gets open and makes catches. I saw Chip smiling with him and he gave him a fist bump. Seems like coach like what he sees in him.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I watched the replay this morning. The Chargers broadcast was horrible. All of them were uninformed CAC's. It was brutal. In this day of technology the NFL should really let you choose which broadcast you want to see online. Anyway, onto football....

I'm glad Kip played the entire 1st half. He needed the work. I thought he looked very sharp. He only had a few bad throws. But he got the ball out quick and seemed to not hold back. He let if fly.

He's clearly not 100%, however he's clearly (as Chip said) one of the top 2 QB's on the team. No way they cut him.

I wished Kerley played more. But you see what he can do. Dude gets open and makes catches. I saw Chip smiling with him and he gave him a fist bump. Seems like coach like what he sees in him.

Kap didn't even have the right guys out there to make the plays...
Imagine he throws those passes to torrey smith imagine its him and carlos hyde out there. that has to be accounted for.
i like him making the easy throws. that's all football is make all the easy throws. runs for 20 yards easily offense moves easily when there are no penalties.
he has a command of the offense gabbert simply doesn't he just needs more reps.
if he was healthy sooner he'd be the starter no question. i don't want him to start the season i want him to start after we play the brutal part come in and be black superman

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Kap didn't even have the right guys out there to make the plays...
Imagine he throws those passes to torrey smith imagine its him and carlos hyde out there. that has to be accounted for.
i like him making the easy throws. that's all football is make all the easy throws. runs for 20 yards easily offense moves easily when there are no penalties.
he has a command of the offense gabbert simply doesn't he just needs more reps.
if he was healthy sooner he'd be the starter no question. i don't want him to start the season i want him to start after we play the brutal part come in and be black superman

YO! When I saw who his offensive line was I said to myself, "please Kap get the ball out quick or else you're going to get killed".

I don't want him to start simply because he isn't 100% yet. He's coming off of 3 different surgeries. Let him get his strength back up and then he can come in and run the show.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
YO! When I saw who his offensive line was I said to myself, "please Kap get the ball out quick or else you're going to get killed".

I don't want him to start simply because he isn't 100% yet. He's coming off of 3 different surgeries. Let him get his strength back up and then he can come in and run the show.

And he did. The tempo was way better but it wasn't as fast as it could be because he was out there with young guys. But just imagine the possibilities. He's got it, play opens up he throws it. He threw it to wr's fullbacks tight ends and running backs, not all check downs but he did check down when he was supposed to and he didn't stand back and take a sack for the sake of being in the pocket. Exhaust options get out of there for positive gains go to the next down.

It's going to be a machine when he runs it.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Roster cuts coming up in about 2 hours
Someone holla at me when Michael Wilhoite & Marcus Martin are gone

Edit: Almost forgot Lemonhead needs to go too

Last edited:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Roster cuts coming up in about 2 hours
Someone holla at me when Michael Wilhoite & Marcus Martin are gone

Edit: Almost forgot Lemonhead needs to go too

Lemonhead is gone. He did nothing this preseason. Marcus Rush had outplayed him on every level.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

I'm surprised they got rid of Rush

Surprised but not surprised.
no room for him really.
i have no real problems with the roster cuts but trent needs to be accountable for all of his projects failing miserably.
stop being cute and get some players that can come in and contribute.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They cut both Dujuan Harris & rookie Kelvin Tayler :smh::smh:

They cut Marcus Rush, but kept Wilhoite on the team :smh::smh:

Marcus Martin is still on the team :smh::smh:

And half of our WR's are gone. I thought DeAndre White & Dres Anderson looked okay...not great, but okay :hmm::hmm:

Edit: Also they traded special teamer LJ McCray to the Seahawks :hmm::hmm:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea Baalke needs to stop with the's ACL players.
None of them have worked out for us yet.....none of them !!!

I had a feeling Smelter wold be gone b/c dude was injured off & on all camp long
And when he was healthy, he didn't know how to run routes well
I watched a few of Smelters interviews during camp. He came across as a nice humble dude, but also seemed like he was unsure of himself out there on the field
He still has a lot to learn

We will probably be running the ball more with Gabbert, so I thought they would keep 4 RB's not 3 RB's
Hydes style of play might get him injured again

Also they kept 5 inside LB's
Wilhoite needs to be the first to go when Lynch comes back from his suspension
A quick note though, Lynch has looked really fat & out of shape this preseason
He needs to stop being so lazy
This is why I thought they might keep Rush, as a situational pass rusher

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
On a side note:
The Rams spent all those draft picks moving up for Jared Goff.....
And dude is the #3 QB on the depth chart !!!
Jeff Fisher sure can pick em huh ???

:D:D:D

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I'm shocked they didn't keep Dres Anderson. I thought he played well enough to make it, especially since Kelly likes to take those deep shots during the game. We needed another threat.

I thought Harris would make it also. Kelly loves to run. Having 4 backs that can pound it made sense.

WTF is Baalke doing trading a guy to the Seahawks??? You knew they only took the trade so they can sit him down and ask what he saw from Kelly's offense. Freaking dumbass.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'm shocked they didn't keep Dres Anderson. I thought he played well enough to make it, especially since Kelly likes to take those deep shots during the game. We needed another threat.

I thought Harris would make it also. Kelly loves to run. Having 4 backs that can pound it made sense.

WTF is Baalke doing trading a guy to the Seahawks??? You knew they only took the trade so they can sit him down and ask what he saw from Kelly's offense. Freaking dumbass.

Yup @ baalke being a fucking dumb ass

no more acl players period. none.