The Official... Manny Pacquiao, Freddy Roach, and Bob Arum are full of shit Thread!!!

merce77

Star
Registered
Re: The Official... Manny Pacquiao, Freddy Roach, and Bob Arum are full of shit Threa

Hey, your school was probably full of little ghetto bastards. That's not Bill's fault.:lol:

:hmm:Nah not actually. My high school was very mixed. I went to Mt. St. Michael Academy, NY heads will tell you that it's def not a ghetto school and not anyone can go there. Again fuck Bill Cosby, matter of fact, I can see why someone like you would look up to him. I'm done discussing this bullshit with you, get a life nicca.:lol:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Re: The Official... Manny Pacquiao, Freddy Roach, and Bob Arum are full of shit Threa

:hmm:Nah not actually. My high school was very mixed. I went to Mt. St. Michael Academy, NY heads will tell you that it's def not a ghetto school and not anyone can go there. Again fuck Bill Cosby, matter of fact, I can see why someone like you would look up to him. I'm done discussing this bullshit with you, get a life nicca.:lol:

Yes, Bill Cosby is the greatest. If he says your school sucks, it probably did.:lol:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mind if I take this one. Mayweather hands down - he's the much better fighter, bigger and stronger, faster, and Bradley has no pop at welter.
I would tend to agree on this at welter..however bradley has a habit of out working his opponet at times..could this also happen if Floyd fails to KO him?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

I would tend to agree on this at welter..however bradley has a habit of out working his opponet at times..could this also happen if Floyd fails to KO him?

Simply, no.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yes, it's possible simply because Floyd does not throw many punches per round so he could definitely get outworked by the right guy.

merce77

Star
Registered

Nope, no way. Not imo. Bradley makes a lot of the same mistakes Pacman makes, they jump in with shots from odd angles, Floyd would time him and starting leading with left hooks and right hands. Plus Bradley's lack of reach and size would be serious disadvantages. I see Bradley hitting the deck a couple times en route to a UD loss.

merce77

Star
Registered

Yes, it's possible simply because Floyd does not throw many punches per round so he could definitely get outworked by the right guy.

That ain't Bradley. Or anyone else from 140 -154.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

That ain't Bradley. Or anyone else from 140 -154.

Hmm. I'd like to see Bradley a little more before I believe that. If Bradley struggles with Devon Alexander then I would definitely agree. If he just blows through him and shows growth as a fighter, I would not be surprised if he were to outwork Mayweather. Bradley has youth on his side and is fighting more frequently than Floyd. This lack of activity will catch up to Floyd one way or another. The way things are going with his legal issues and semi-retired attitude, he may not be the same Floyd people remember if he finally comes back in late 2011 or early 2012. He may be there for the taking and all those young dudes from 140 will be ready.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Im kinda in the middle on this one. IMO If bradley goes after Floyd then he has the better chance of winning convincinly in whatever fashion he chooses..however i think against a guy like Floyd Bradley would prob make Floyd come after him and thus making Floyd less effective than if he were being persued.When being persued floyd would just counter him to death,mixed in with pot shots here and there.IMO especially as of late Floyd has been better Defensively than Offensively.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Im kinda in the middle on this one. IMO If bradley goes after Floyd then he has the better chance of winning convincinly in whatever fashion he chooses..however i think against a guy like Floyd Bradley would prob make Floyd come after him and thus making Floyd less effective than if he were being persued.When being persued floyd would just counter him to death,mixed in with pot shots here and there.IMO especially as of late Floyd has been better Defensively than Offensively.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if Bradley would employ that strategy of sitting back and counterpunching. I think that would play into Mayweather's hand because Floyd would be able to control the pace of the fight. Bradley's best bet is probably to try and take away that control by overwhelming Mayweather with a smothering attack on the ropes where he can take full advantage of his youth and athleticism. Hatton tried this but was unsuccessful partly because he smothered himself by falling into Mayweather where they often ended up clinched with the ref stepping in to break up the action. Bradley's not that sloppy and should be able to smother and create space at the same time. Sometimes youth, conditioning and athleticism can make a guy beat people he's not supposed to be able to beat.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Floyd is the faster of the two and he has a good jab and straight with a reach advantage. Either way he would set the tone and stack up rounds on points. The only thing that beat Floyd is aggression, speed and KO power. That's why Manny is the best opponent for him.

Bradley isn't quick enough to win counter punching and he doesn't have the power to smother Floyd effectively.

merce77

Star
Registered

Imo, the only guy with the talent, and physical attributes to beat Floyd from 140 -147, and we're talking a few fights from now is - and I'll probably get flamed for this - Amir Khan. Dude has speed, power, skills, and an excellent stiff arm jab with a good reach. He needs some tuning up, but when they do fight, which they will, since Floyd was already talking about fighting him late 2011 or early 2012, Amir has a chance at beating Floyd, especially if Floyd has lost a step. Which I don't think will be as noticeable a step as everyone thinks. Floyd hasn't been through any wars, he's a gym rat, he has great boxing IQ and reflexes. It's gonna be a VERY tall order for anyone to beat Floyd before he calls it quits.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

Imo, the only guy with the talent, and physical attributes to beat Floyd from 140 -147, and we're talking a few fights from now is - and I'll probably get flamed for this - Amir Khan. Dude has speed, power, skills, and an excellent stiff arm jab with a good reach. He needs some tuning up, but when they do fight, which they will, since Floyd was already talking about fighting him late 2011 or early 2012, Amir has a chance at beating Floyd, especially if Floyd has lost a step. Which I don't think will be as noticeable a step as everyone thinks. Floyd hasn't been through any wars, he's a gym rat, he has great boxing IQ and reflexes. It's gonna be a VERY tall order for anyone to beat Floyd before he calls it quits.

I feel you on this... It will take a combination of Khan getting more experience and Floyd aging a bit though. Plus, as much as he annoys me at this point, if anyone can put together a game plan to beat Floyd it's Roach. Khan definitely has the physicality and skillset to beat Floyd, but a fighter has to damn near be perfect on fight night to pull it off IMO...

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A few nice points you have here..hows Amir Khan's Chin?

merce77

Star
Registered

I feel you on this... It will take a combination of Khan getting more experience and Floyd aging a bit though. Plus, as much as he annoys me at this point, if anyone can put together a game plan to beat Floyd it's Roach. Khan definitely has the physicality and skillset to beat Floyd, but a fighter has to damn near be perfect on fight night to pull it off IMO...

Definitely.:yes: I was really impressed with the way he took Paulie apart. I mean the only thing that ever stopped Malignaggi from being elite was his utter lack of power, dude can box, has a great chin and is very fast and slick - Amir cancelled all that shit out and whupped ass and stopped him, something only Cotto ever did(except the stoppage part) but Cotto did it with brute force while walking through Paulie and Paulie gave him problems early. Amir had zero problems with that dude and it's not like Malignaggi is old or anything, he was just outclassed.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Khan???? Merce, come the fuck on. I seen Khan look reckless and solid, but I have yet to see a performance that leads me to believe he is even the best at 140.

He does have the potential to be great, but I want see him against better opponents before I will think about his ability to beat Floyd.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mosley almost pulled it when the two faught. What happen tho? Well he started loading up on every punch for one..other times i guess he became a little gased? And last i feel he got off his game plan..Mosley in his PRIME i feel would have gotten the job done..especially if he ever gets you hurt the way he hurt Floyd that night.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

I agree. This more likely to be the case, but even then it be close.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

A few nice points you have here..hows Amir Khan's Chin?

On the real, any fighter, if hit right can get Knocked out! Look at what just happened to Paul Williams. Dude has been knocked down before, but never knocked OUT like he was. Doesn't mean he's chinny. Now, if you suffer multiple knockouts, like Jermaine Taylor, then I'd question his chin, but a one punch knockout... Don't really mean a damn thing!

merce77

Star
Registered

Khan???? Merce, come the fuck on. I seen Khan look reckless and solid, but I have yet to see a performance that leads me to believe he is even the best at 140.

He does have the potential to be great, but I want see him against better opponents before I will think about his ability to beat Floyd.

Amir will dominate 140, I'll put money on it. Bradley is too small and lacks power, I've never seen Alexander look impressive enough to say he's the best at 140 though he does have some talent and an awkward style - who else is left? Victor Ortiz? Dude has mad talent but showed that he had no heart when he straight quit against Maidana. The only thing that could hold back Khan is his arrogant attitude. 140 is there to betaken and welterweight is wide open, Roach won't have his 2 guys - Pac and Khan fight each other. Who's left for Floyd to fight if Pac won't. Floyd's been saying that he wants to fight in England before he's through. With more experience Khan will be a fuckin problem dude, trust.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Definitely.:yes: I was really impressed with the way he took Paulie apart. I mean the only thing that ever stopped Malignaggi from being elite was his utter lack of power, dude can box, has a great chin and is very fast and slick - Amir cancelled all that shit out and whupped ass and stopped him, something only Cotto ever did(except the stoppage part) but Cotto did it with brute force while walking through Paulie and Paulie gave him problems early. Amir had zero problems with that dude and it's not like Malignaggi is old or anything, he was just outclassed.

The problem with using that is like you said Paulie doesn't have power. Plus Paulie wasn't moving as usual and that may be due to Khan, but if Khan had felt some heat coming for Paulie it might have been a different fight.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Amir will dominate 140, I'll put money on it. Bradley is too small and lacks power, I've never seen Alexander look impressive enough to say he's the best at 140 though he does have some talent and an awkward style - who else is left? Victor Ortiz? Dude has mad talent but showed that he had no heart when he straight quit against Maidana. The only thing that could hold back Khan is his arrogant attitude.

I will hold off on further judgment until I see how he looks against Maidana this weekend. Khan should win but my question are about how he will look, winning.

merce77

Star
Registered

Mosley almost pulled it when the two faught. What happen tho? Well he started loading up on every punch for one..other times i guess he became a little gased? And last i feel he got off his game plan..Mosley in his PRIME i feel would have gotten the job done..especially if he ever gets you hurt the way he hurt Floyd that night.

I agree, I've said this before. The young Mosley who threw lightning power shots from all angles and never tired probably would have finished Floyd there. But don't discount Floyd's power, there was a body shot there that stopped Mosley in his tracks and he was gassed from that point on in the fight.

merce77

Star
Registered

I will hold off on further judgment until I see how he looks against Maidana this weekend. Khan should win but my question are about how he will look winning.

True. Hell Maidana might crush all that shit with one shot. Dude has donkey kick power. But let's not forget Ortiz was whuppin his ass and had him down twice early when he opted to war with him instead of boxing.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

True. Hell Maidana might crush all that shit with one shot. Dude has donkey kick power. But let's not forget Ortiz was whuppin his ass and had him down twice early when he opted to war with him instead of boxing.

That's the problem I have.... I don't know if Khan has the brain to strict to the script when bombs are coming or if his chin is solid. I'm not sleeping on Maidana pulling the upset either.

Going back to the Floyd shit, I also think what people are blind too, some times, is Floyd's power. People complain about the pot shots but that shit shuts people down. It only takes a few clean stiff straights to make fighter rethink there every move.

Last edited:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Here's a "boxing" question for you..Mayweather VS Bradley at a catch weight who wins and why IYO?

Mayweather, no catchweight. Floyd couldn't make the last catchweight he tried and he definitely wouldn't attempt it for Bradley.

Floyd wouldn't go after him. No matter what's happening, Mayweather sticks to his game, which he changes depending on the fighter. The few people that thought Hatton would give him trouble said Hatton's rough tactics would fluster him, all Hatton got for that was a forearm to the throat and ko'ed. Shane was supposedly to strong and Floyd looked like the stronger fighter and even used a clinch, a Mosley staple, to ward off the biggest rally of the fight from Mosley.

I will hold off on further judgment until I see how he looks against Maidana this weekend. Khan should win but my question are about how he will look, winning.

:yes:

That's the problem I have.... I don't know if Khan has the brain to strict to the script when bombs are coming or if his chin is solid. I'm not sleeping on Maidana pulling the upset either.

Going back to the Floyd shit, I also think what people are blind too, some times, is Floyd's power. People complain about the pot shots but that shit shuts people down. It only takes a few clean stiff straights to make fighter rethink there every move.

There must be some power behind those shots because dudes do not rush in on him. I'm sure we've seen plenty of fights where one fighter knows the other guy has no pop and becomes fearless, Mayweather-JMM for example.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

Its funny how Freddie always talks shit after contracts are signed... He always gets what he wants, but now, all of a sudden, when this BS Mosley fight is signed, NOW he speaks of how he always wanted Marquez??!?!?! Not before but After!!! Transparent ass clown... :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered

Its funny how Freddie always talks shit after contracts are signed... He always gets what he wants, but now, all of a sudden, when this BS Mosley fight is signed, NOW he speaks of how he always wanted Marquez??!?!?! Not before but After!!! Transparent ass clown... :smh:

With all the cats in Manny's camp cosigning everything Many does, including this bs fight, there has to be one dissenter in his camp. Who better than Freddie? It gives that bullshit statement more weight when it's his trainer saying it. Public relations bullshit. So Manny fans can scream "Freddie wanted Marquez, probably Pacquiao did too, it's all Top Rank and Michael Koncz's fault for setting up this fight.":smh::angry:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Khan has the best chance of beating pbf over manny and sergio......... Ok.

Man nobody listens to Freddie. He is just like the zen master. It makes no sense on responding to anything he says.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Khan has the best chance of beating pbf over manny and sergio......... Ok.

Man nobody listens to Freddie. He is just like the zen master. It makes no sense on responding to anything he says.

It might be a PR move due to the backlash, but lets be real Mosley should be retired and Manny should be fighting Marquez....... and they know it.

tp2001

Star
Registered

I wonder how sore the HBO crew is for not being able to have this fight on their PPV now that it has been moved to Showtime. I know the buyrate won't be that high anyways cause that network doesn't pull that many numbers as HBO does, but if this CBS/Showtime combo does happen like what's rumored, then these guys + Showtime may be able to sucker *ahem* I mean bring more fans to watch...

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I wonder how sore the HBO crew is for not being able to have this fight on their PPV now that it has been moved to Showtime. I know the buyrate won't be that high anyways cause that network doesn't pull that many numbers as HBO does, but if this CBS/Showtime combo does happen like what's rumored, then these guys + Showtime may be able to sucker *ahem* I mean bring more fans to watch...

You know this? Ok, we'll see.

Rick Ronson

Banned

Shane is fighting a known juicer.

I think shane might go head and juice up for this one also.

I hope so.

He will fuck that boy up badly.

thats how opinions of many fighters were built

take hatton for example

people are willing to jump behind anyone they think can dethrone Floyd

People want to see it badly cause he's undefeated.

I like Amir Khan but lets see when he fights top level comp.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

I hope so.

take hatton for example

As much as I am in dislike mode for Manny and Freddy, Shane's is a known juicer as well so it wouldn't be outside of th realm of possibility that this could be considered the Juice Bowl.. :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered

I hope so.

take hatton for example

tumblr_l3gmjfuhii1qzracxo1_500.jpg