Mo’Nique calls for boycott of Netflix over gender, color bias

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
could she get 1.3 million people to pay $10 to buy her standup on dvd, at the movies, or upload it?.. thats what 13 million bucks pretty much says.. if she think she that popping release your on comedy and try to draw 1.3 million buyers

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe you don’t see her point or disagree with it but I do and agree their shouldn’t be a 12 million dollar gap between her and Amy.

I see her point, I just don’t agree with it. Yes she’s been in movies and is a comedian with a fan base.

I’m not a fan of Amy’s but she’s popular to her audience. She’s sold out Madison Square and is “Hot” to her audience. What Netflix paid her is what they deemed her worthy of.

Do you see any network giving Mo’Nique 5-13 million dollars for a standup special?

Realistically?

Jeanyus

Support BGOL
Registered
Gtfoh. I ain’t boycotting shit for that bitch. She’s not comparable to those other names she’s mentioned. I wouldn’t watch a Netflix show with her in it.

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She fucked herself when she didn't promote the movie she won the oscar for. I could be wrong, but from what I remember, she wanted to get paid to go on interviews and promotion tours. From what I understand most actors know that is part of the package deal when signing on to do a movie.

She needs to get back on a grind, and get her name back out there before call for boycotts. Because you aint getting paid millions!

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Reposts_34b198_1251313.gif

11RUyXW.gif

http://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/mo’nique-calls-for-boycott-of-netflix-over-gender-color-bias.986761/page-2#post-18626214

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So we mixing and matching until we find a reason to use the word bias now? Can't be gender, can't be race, must be gender AND race. Surprised Netflix didn't have stats (at least that she told us). You can easily correlate recent ticket sales, tv appearances, movies, advertisement,social media following and the buzz she could generate. Hell, you could even correlate the amount of new subscribers who would sign on based on this special. I'm confident none of those would be in Monique's favor.

The question should have been to Monique. Outside of Precious however many years ago, what makes you standout that you should get 12 million dollars? What makes you think the revenue we will receive would be 12 million and 1 dollars? Are more black wimen going to watch you than white women watch Amy? And we know she doesn't want to promote it without more payment so Netflux would have to cut another check.

Sorry, Monique on her own on this one.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I see her point, I just don’t agree with it. Yes she’s been in movies and is a comedian with a fan base.

I’m not a fan of Amy’s but she’s popular to her audience. She’s sold out Madison Square and is “Hot” to her audience. What Netflix paid her is what they deemed her worthy of.

Do you see any network giving Mo’Nique 5-13 million dollars for a standup special?

Realistically?

There obviously something that she had that Netflix even agreed to any deal. I don’t believe she’s worth 13 but she should get more than 500k

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Now Mo’ is funnier than that joke stealing fat cac bitch

Funnier is irrelevant
There are tiers
Amy is trash but also crazy popular so demands more money than Monique does.

They shouldn't get paid the same like Amy had no business in the ball park of Chapelle

And people in this thread wouldn't pay Amy prices to go see her live which is the entire point.

Negotiate more money Monique for sure is support that get as much money as you can get

dbrizzz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Let me see Monique or Narcos, El Chapo, Luke Cage, Punisher, documentaries like Strong Island...?:idea: Nah!!!!:wakeup:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There obviously something that she had that Netflix even agreed to any deal. I don’t believe she’s worth 13 but she should get more than 500k

I feel where you’re coming from. I think her talent is worth more than 500k but I don’t know what her demand is.

Funnier is irrelevant
There are tiers
Amy is trash but also crazy popular so demands more money than Monique does.

They shouldn't get paid the same like Amy had no business in the ball park of Chapelle

And people in this thread wouldn't pay Amy prices to go see her live which is the entire point.

Negotiate more money Monique for sure is support that get as much money as you can get

Agreed

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yeah netflix thought she was a filler...here goes 500k so that some of our customers who are bored on a really cold sunday and no football is on and have already seen all the good movies on our catalog can watch to pass time..the monique special..thats what she was in their eyes

southrue

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Maybe she is being offered that low amount because Amy's was such a dud and she has pull. Also, how many times have you guys saw a monique special and your like I have to see that.

bigjayler

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Take that loot and hop back on the sitcom train or get on one of those daily talk shows like the View.

Last edited:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Yeah she should get 3 - 5 mill.
500k is low as shit.

Anyway i dont really like Netflix shows there is like one or two, not counting marvel. But marvel is leaving. So they better come with that fire or else it's curtains.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah she should get 3 - 5 mill.
500k is low as shit.

Anyway i dont really like Netflix shows there is like one or two, not counting marvel. But marvel is leaving. So they better come with that fire or else it's curtains.

Naw man

ST
OA
They got shows on TV

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lol she’s off her damn rocker. I swear if I cut on Netflix and I saw her special on the front page, I still wouldn’t click it. Ever.