Yeah I'm Haitian? U Ain't Know??? (Haiti Baby)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Qwote_3.jpg

ive Records Signs New Haitian Artist Qwote, Single Breaks At Radio
Jive Records Signs New Artist Qwote, Single Breaks At Radio

Mar 12, 2008 - New York, NY - Jive Records along with Miami based Final Cut Music Group and legendary label Slip N Slide (home of artists Trick Daddy, Trina, Plies and Rick Ross among others) announces the signing of singer/songwriter Qwote. His first single "Don't Wanna Fight" is gaining strong radio support in his home state of Florida and the single is impacting pop radio nationwide on March 31st. "Don't Wanna Fight" will be released with two versions; one featuring hip-hop star Trina, and a reggae-tinged version featuring pop-reggae sensation Shaggy.

Born in Haiti and raised in NY and Miami, Qwote showed his love for music since an early age. Drawing inspiration from artists like Sam Cooke, The Beatles, Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz, Qwote decided to commit to music and work hard towards his future goals and success. His first break came when he got a chance to work with Slip N Slide's artist Trina and producer Steve Obas, owner of Final Cut Music Group. His writing skills and charming vocals quickly led him to a record deal with Slip N Slide. To this date, Qwote has collaborated with Trina, Wayne Wonder and Shaggy among others.

While his debut album is still in the works, Qwote is looking forward to collaborating with a stellar roster of producers on his upcoming project. "The album will be about me and my vocals and my skills as a song writer" says Qwote. "I hope the album will please my fans' minds, bodies and souls."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
5-year-old Haitian Girl Speaks 7 Languages, Plays 6 Instruments

Seven languages. Six musical instruments. Two types of dance and two sports. It all adds up to one busy little Queens girl.

Five-year-old Mabou Loiseau’s parents spend $1,500 a week on tutors and lessons – and she spends seven hours a day in some type of instruction, with Sundays off.

She grew up speaking French, Creole and English, but her immigrant parents didn’t want to stop there. She’s also learning Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic and Russian.

Russian is my most favorite. I just hear something, and if I don’t understand I say, ‘What does that mean?’ and they’ll tell me,

said Mabou

Mabou’s dad works 16 hours a day as a parking attendant in Manhattan to pay for everything, and the Loiseaus have also started hosting other students for classes at their house.

storm_shadoh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WOW one of the most insightful post i've ever seen on bgol. Thanks playahaitian. I almost want to wild out and beast on the haters in this thread its always the same cast of characters that come out like trolls but I won't cuz its a celebration. :dance::dance::dance: Thanks once again I didn't know quite a few of these were our brothers and sisters. LL and usher I still don't know about.:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
watermarkcomp.jpg

OTA_6810-04rjf--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Ricky Barkley Jean-Francois (pronounced /ˌdʒiːn.frænˈswɑː/ jeen-fran-swah;[1] born November 23, 1986) is a professional American football nose tackle for the San Francisco 49ers. He played collegiately at Louisiana State.

2006 Sporting News Freshman All-American
2008 BCS National Championship Game Defensive MVP

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jason Pierre-Paul​

jason-pierre-paul-new-york-giants-430jpgjpg-c9e5e444e4c2020e_large.jpg

No. 90
New York Giants
Defensive end
Personal information
Date of birth: February 28, 1989 (age 22)
Place of birth: Deerfield Beach, Florida, U.S.
Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) Weight: 278 lb (126 kg)
Career information
College: South Florida
NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 15
Debuted in 2010 for the New York Giants
Career history

New York Giants (2010–present)

Roster status: Active
Career highlights and awards

First-team All-American (Pro Football Weekly) (2009)
First-team All-Big East (2009)

Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2011
Tackles 106
Sacks 18.0
Forced Fumbles 4

image.jpg

AtomAnt

Cookie Monster Cookie Jar
BGOL Investor
dawn.jpg

Dawn Angelique Richard of Danity Kane was born on August 5, 1983 in New Orleans, Louisiana. This girl is of Haitian, Creole and African-American descent. Being a performer is in Dawn's blood. While her mother owns a dance studio, her father is a keyboardist for Chocolate Milk, an R&B Band. It is of no surprise that her parents produced a talented girl in her. Much of Dawn's childhood days were spent on her mom's dancing school, where she was trained in choreography and where she was also coached in singing. Dawn studied different kinds of dances including tap, jazz, ballet and hip-hop. She was also a cheerleader for the New Orleans Hornets. In 2005, Hurricane Katrina destroyed their home and her mom's studio, driving them to relocate. Dawn's family now holds residence at Baltimore, Maryland. In that same year, Dawn released a solo album entitled Been A While, but it didn't chart.

When Making the Band opened its doors for auditions, Dawn belonged to the many hopefuls who tried their luck. After a series of tests and challenges in the episodes of Making the Band, Dawn made it as one to the five female who belonged to the final group. Together with Aubrey, Aundrea, D. Woods and Shannon, she formed the group called Danity Kane. Whenever onstage, Dawn admits to being aware that she becomes someone else. Someone wilder, crazier and sexier than her usual self. This is the reason why she earns the title of being “the passion” of Danity Kane. Aside from singing, Dawn is also fond of sketching anime. One particular character that she drew caught the attention of Diddy. When asked who it was, Dawn answered the name Danity Kane. This is actually where the group got their name. Get to see Dawn again in the next season of Making the Band 4 where the Danity Kane and all the winners of this MTV reality show will move in together to record more songs.

Love Dawn Richard

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Love Dawn Richard

dawn-richard-a-tell-tale-heart-mixtape-album-cover.jpg

http://dawnrichardblog.com/

dawn-richard-a-tell-tale-heart-mixtape-album-cover-futuristic.jpg

dawn-richard-official-twitter-and-blog.jpeg

ifwt_dawnrichards.jpg

Dawn-Richard.jpg

dawn2.jpg

We first met her six years ago, on the third iteration of MTV’s Making The Band where and when she wowed Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, the nation and the world over with her beauty, amazing vocals and super star qualities as she competed for and won a spot on Diddy’s female supergroup – Danity Kane.

She would go on to release two consecutive Billboard chart topping albums with the group before it’s disbandment in 2009 – a feat which put Dawn and her group in Billboard history as the first female group to ever debut their first two albums at the top of the Billboard album charts.

Last year – as part of Mr. Combs’ Diddy-Dirty Money – she released the commercially and critically acclaimed album Last Train to Paris and earlier this year, she put her solo artist foot forward with the release of her debut mixtape The Prelude to A Tell Tale Heart to great reception.

With her major label debut album GoldenHeart scheduled for release in the Fall of 2011, we catch up with DAWN RICHARD for a compelling chat about “heart music”, manga , the making of Diddy-Dirty Money and so much more…

You first burst unto our screen on the third series of MTV’s Making the Band, can you tell us about that time and what you took from that experience up until this point?

Making the band was a risk for me. Coming from New Orleans, there aren’t plenty opportunities. I saw one and took it. And it was the best decision I ever made. It prepared me for all the obstacles and rewards I’ve had through out the years.

As part of Danity Kane between 2005 and 2009, you’ve had two #1 albums and two top ten singles, can you tell us a bit more about that time and how it was working with the rest of Danity Kane?

It was a great journey! We broke records and knock down walls people put up in front us. They thought we weren’t going to sell! We fought for better! No one can take those numbers, sales, and records away from us.

What was the creative process like in making those two albums – Danity Kane and Welcome to the Dollhouse?

The first album, no one gave us the chance to write, the second album we made sure they knew we could write. I wrote over 20 records. I was persistent.. I wanted them to know we weren’t just a manufactured group. We were artists.

Going further from Danity Kane, you began writing for Cassie and Diddy as we heard and then Diddy-Dirty Money comes up, can you tell us how Diddy-Dirty Money came about?

After Danity Kane was over, I refused to think my career was done. So I got into my writing even more. Started submitting like 6 records a day to Puff. I wanted him to know his hustle was no different than mine. He asked if I would write for his new project. I heard the tracks and I knew.. I dreamed the way the music sounded. It was an easy “yes”. I guess he loved the way our energy was in the studio. All 3 of us. What started as us just being writers, became us being a group

I know you must get this a lot but what’s it like working with Diddy?

Its the best learning experience any artist could have.

You’ve just been on a nationwide tour with Diddy-Dirty Money, do you have any favorite tour stories for your fans at SheiFunmi.com

When puff and I both ripped our pants first show. We go hard! I looked at it as good luck. Bad shit happens out the gate, means a great tour hahaha.

OK let’s talk about Dawn Richard – the solo artist. Earlier in the year, you released your debut mixtape – A Prelude to A Tell Tale Heart and we’re expecting a major label release A Tell Tale Heart. Can you first of all tell us about that title and the significance of that title?

I’m a huge Edgar Allen Poe fan. And “A Tell Tale Heart” is my fav of his works. I felt like my journey was similar to the moral of the story. I wanted people to fall inside my heart literally… And feel my journey. I call it “heart music” – music of and from the heart.

What’s the creative process like making records from a solo point of view – for Dawn Richard – as against for Dirty Money or for Danity Kane?

Its pretty similar. I’m really picky about records. It has to have substance. I need the story sonically and lyrically to make sense. The only difference, is I can be more creative. More myself.

What’s your major label solo debut sounding like? What’s the sound, vibe and feel of the album? What should we expect from this record

Raw and B, its an experience. A call to arms.. Its a conceptual album. The visual goes hand and hand with the sound. Dance is just as important as the melody

Looking at your blog, it comes off as a very creative space – loads of great fashion, photography and also the music you list as your favorite – how did you develop such a great level of style and creativity?

I just love art in all forms. I’ve always been this way.

Going back to Danity Kane for one brief second, can you tell us about the Danity Kane comic which you created?

I’ve been a fan of manga and japanese art since I was a kid. Always wanted to have a comic and animated series. I joined forces with eigo manga and we created the comic. The graphic novel is now on sale at barnesandnoble.com

Is there anything you cannot do???

Probably but I refuse to think so haha

Taking a slight travel back in time, can you tell us about the 2005 album you released as Dawn Angelique – Been A While. Not many people know of that record, can you tell us how that record came about?

My father was my manager and as a solo artist I wrote and produced my own album with my father.
That was my first solo album.

A lot of people might not know this but you were an NBA cheerleader with the New Orleans Hornets, tell us about that? You were studying at University of New Orleans at the time, can you tell us what you were studying and why?

Marine Biology. My parents were strict about education. So school was important. I loved the ocean and dolphins and manatees. So that was my concentration in school. I studied in the morning and sing and danced at night. the grind :)

Dawn-Richard-5.jpg

incogneg

Rising Star
Registered
watermarkcomp.jpg

OTA_6810-04rjf--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Ricky Barkley Jean-Francois (pronounced /ˌdʒiːn.frænˈswɑː/ jeen-fran-swah;[1] born November 23, 1986) is a professional American football nose tackle for the San Francisco 49ers. He played collegiately at Louisiana State.

2006 Sporting News Freshman All-American
2008 BCS National Championship Game Defensive MVP

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That is some country shit... he may have Haitian parents or born there, but he is straight country--that big man can move :lol::lol::lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h5208v9FN_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​