Y’all remember Bush had a “axis of evil” list, well Biden and em’ have theirs

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Axis of evil

The phrase "axis of evil" was first used by U.S. President George W. Bush and originally referred to Iran, Iraq, and North Korea. It was used in Bush's State of the Union address on January 29, 2002, less than five months after the 9/11 attacks and almost a year before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and often repeated throughout his presidency. He used it to describe foreign governments that, during his administration, allegedly sponsored terrorism and sought weapons of mass destruction.

Bush's "axis of evil" included Iran, Iraq, and North Korea
"Beyond the Axis of Evil" included Cuba, Libya, and Syria
The United States
The notion of such an axis was used to pinpoint these common enemies of the United States and to rally the American populace in support of the War on Terror. The countries originally covered by the term were Iran, Ba'athist Iraq, and North Korea. In response, Iran formed a political alliance that it called the "Axis of Resistance" comprising Iran, Syria and Hezbollah.
Other countries were later added to the "axis of evil" by US politicians and commentators. The term "axis of evil" is itself a portmanteau of the Axis powers of WWII (Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Imperial Japan).
In 2020s United States politicians have also referred to Big 4 cyber adversaries North Korea, China, Russia, and Iran as the axis
map300.gif

Rah

Star
BGOL Investor
That’s just talk & political grand standing. There is no mention of axis of evil in the NSS, NDS, NMS, or any other strategic level document.

Russia & Iran aren’t even mentioned as peer threats. The US’ only peer threat/competitor is China.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Looking at this clip I busted out laughing when I saw this, after the Weapons of Mass Destruction comments…..

114-EAEBC-9-D62-4-F16-8-EFB-086856182-ECD.jpg

B9-FA1462-34-F5-4-BE2-AFAB-1-E4-A07540-C6-C.jpg

Rah

Star
BGOL Investor
I’m currently attending the Joint Warfighting Staff College & we discuss these issues/challenges everyday.

Honestly, I believe the wars in Ukraine/Israel/Palestine will end in stalemates.

I don’t think there will be any change to the world order in our lifetime. China is the US’ top threat but also suffers from the same issues we suffer from domestically.

China is playing the longgggggggg game with a singular strategy. Unfortunately, our strategy changes every administration.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I’m currently attending the Joint Warfighting Staff College & we discuss these issues/challenges everyday.

Honestly, I believe the wars in Ukraine/Israel/Palestine will end in stalemates.

I don’t think there will be any change to the world order in our lifetime. China is the US’ top threat but also suffers from the same issues we suffer from domestically.

China is playing the longgggggggg game with a singular strategy. Unfortunately, our strategy changes every administration.

So in terms of Stalemate

Ukraine would need to take the same amount of territory in Russia?
So if Russia controls 20% - 30% that’s what Zelensky needs to calm its even?

Or can we go with the same amount of dead bodies?

I’m just curious

Rah

Star
BGOL Investor
I mean stalemate by both Ukraine & Russia will end military operations as two separate countries, no different than when the war started. Russia will withdraw troops from Ukraine. I’m not sure of the DTG but that’s what I think.

I don’t believe Russia will break their will & take the country (as long as the US & other countries provide funding & equipment).

Russians are fighting due to coercion; I’m unsure if that’s a great strategy. Time will tell.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

US house speaker announces ‘new axis of evil’​

19 Apr, 2024 21:00
Mike Johnson reverted to Republican orthodoxy as he vowed to get weapons to Ukraine as a matter of “critical” importance
In a dramatic break from his party’s hardline conservative base, US House Speaker MIke Johnson this week praised the country’s deep state, named Russia, China, and Iran as an “axis of evil,” and vowed to put his job on the line to funnel more than $60 billion to Kiev.

For months, Johnson has resisted bringing a $95 billion foreign aid bill to a vote, arguing that neither he nor his fellow Republicans could support such a bill – which would give $14 billion in military aid to Israel and $60 billion to Ukraine – without it being tied to an overhaul of US border security.

However, after a series of recent meetings with US intelligence chiefs, Johnson has changed his tune.

“This is a critical time right now, a critical time on the world stage,” Johnson told reporters on Wednesday. “I think providing lethal aid to Ukraine right now is critically important. I really do. I really do believe the intel and the briefings that we’ve gotten.”

“I believe [Chinese President] Xi [Jinping] and [Russian President] Vladimir Putin and Iran really are an axis of evil,” he continued. “I think they’re in coordination on this. I think that Vladimir Putin would continue to march through Europe if he were allowed.”

Johnson’s comments represented a break with the Republican Party’s pro-Trump wing. These supporters of the former president – most prominent among them Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene and Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz – view the country’s intelligence agencies as arms of the anti-Trump “deep state,” and have called for the flow of money to Kiev to be halted.

“Fighting a proxy war with Russia in Ukraine, which is a non-NATO member nation, is not protecting America’s national security interests, it doesn’t protect the United States of America, as a matter of fact, it pushes us closer and closer to world war three,” Greene told journalist Tucker Carlson earlier this month.

Johnson’s reference to an “axis of evil,”however, invokes the more interventionist GOP of the past. Coined by speechwriter David Frum, the phrase was first used by George W. Bush to refer to Iran, Iraq, and North Korea in the months leading up to the invasion of Iraq. Former National Security Adviser John Bolton later added Cuba, Libya and Syria to the list.

Despite resistance from some of its Republican members, the House Rules Committee agreed on Thursday to split the foreign aid bill into three separate bills – one each for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan. The house voted in favor of this move on Friday, leaving Johnson free to schedule a vote on each bill for Saturday, even as Greene filed a motion to remove him from the speakership.

Johnson said on Wednesday that he anticipated such a move, telling reporters that he was willing to “take personal risk” to pass the bills.

bdquest9

To teach the truth to the young black youth
BGOL Investor
Speaker of the US House of Representatives, Republican Mike Johnson, claims that Russia, China and Iran are the “new axis of evil.”
How does this relate Joe Biden???
MAGA ass kissing Mike Johnson who can’t even control his own party.

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2024

Press Release

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Representative Mike Rogers (R-AL), Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, delivered the following opening remarks at a hearing on the Fiscal Year 2025 (FY25) budget request for the Department of Defense.

Chairman Rogers' remarks as prepared for delivery:

Over the last two months, we’ve heard from each of our Combatant Commanders that the threats we face today are more complex and more formidable than at any point in the last 30 years.

They each raised grave concerns about how China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea are working together to reduce America’s global influence, harm our alliances, and undermine our national security.

Iran and North Korea are arming Russia with deadly effect in Ukraine.

And China’s “no limits” partnership with Russia is paying off for both countries.

Russia is getting critical economic assistance, rocket motors, and microelectronics from China.

Putin is using the assistance to keep his economy afloat and to produce the missiles, aircraft, and other weaponry that is devastating Ukraine.

China is getting cheap oil, and vital missile technology, and enriched uranium from Russia.

Xi is using the assistance to help his economy recover and to fuel his breathtaking buildup of space-based and nuclear weapons.

China is also buying over a million barrels of oil a day from Iran in defiance of western sanctions.

The Ayatollah is using the oil revenues to fund his nuclear ambitions, arm his terrorist proxies, and launch an unprecedented and unjustified direct attack on Israel.

Putin, Xi, Kim, and the Ayatollah are testing the credibility of American deterrence and the strength of our alliances.

After witnessing the President’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan and his handwringing approach to providing lethal aid to Ukraine, they sense weakness in America resolve.

We can’t leave them with that impression.

And we can’t let them continue to get away with their malign actions.

We must restore American deterrence.

But to do so we need a budget that will enable us to that.

We need a budget that supports the rapid modernization of our military.

A budget that fully funds readiness to ensure we can fight tonight.

And a budget that will improve the quality of life of our servicemembers so we can recruit and retain the most lethal fighting force on the planet.

Unfortunately, this budget doesn’t achieve those goals.

The one percent increase it proposes is entirely inadequate.

It’s actually a two percent cut when you factor in inflation.

But this is the hand dealt to us by the Fiscal Responsibility Act.

As we move into markup of the FY25 NDAA, we will play the hand dealt to us.

But we all need to understand the risk to our national security that this level of investment presents.

I look forward to hearing from our witnesses about what this budget means for our military readiness, our modernization timelines, and our efforts to improve servicemember quality of life.

And most importantly, what this budget means for our ability to deter our increasingly undeterred adversaries.